Extensive Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Vehicon Gallery

Extensive Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Vehicon Gallery

Saturday, March 31st, 2012 12:22pm CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 34,560

Thanks to the HKGTF facebook page we have an extensive gallery of Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" wave three Vehicon including comparison shots with the "First Edition" figure. It appears in this case the "RID" version may have trumped it's "First Edition" counterpart. The "RID" figure maintains an almost identical vehicle mode while eliminating much of the "car kibble" found on the "First Edition". Images mirrored below.

Credit(s): HKGTF

This article was last modified on Saturday, March 31st, 2012 12:27pm CDT

Re: Extensive Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Vehicon Gallery (1364263)
Posted by DeceptiCobra on March 31st, 2012 @ 12:30pm CDT
GAH! Where does the kibble go?????? :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Extensive Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Vehicon Gallery (1364265)
Posted by mattwhite924 on March 31st, 2012 @ 12:33pm CDT
Re: Extensive Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Vehicon Gallery (1364266)
Posted by Mindmaster on March 31st, 2012 @ 12:33pm CDT
The only First Edition that I'm glad didn't get to retail. Might get like three of these, and hope a jet mold will be released in the future, then get three of those. :grin:
Re: Extensive Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Vehicon Gallery (1364268)
Posted by Cybershark on March 31st, 2012 @ 12:35pm CDT
Nice, Where did the Skywarp come from????
Re: Extensive Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Vehicon Gallery (1364269)
Posted by Mindmaster on March 31st, 2012 @ 12:38pm CDT
Cybershark wrote:Nice, Where did the Skywarp come from????

It's the Takara Micron dude that's been pretty controversial these past few days. I'm not really into them, Mini-cons were cooler back in Armada/Energon. :P
Re: Extensive Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Vehicon Gallery (1364271)
Posted by Mykltron on March 31st, 2012 @ 12:38pm CDT
DeceptiCobra wrote:GAH! Where does the kibble go?????? :BANG_HEAD:

Is it done by magic?

Those arms are odd. Such a shame.
Re: Extensive Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Vehicon Gallery (1364278)
Posted by Savage on March 31st, 2012 @ 12:53pm CDT
Looks pretty good, I really like the elimination of the back kibble. The arms do look a little thin and the elbow joints look odd, but overall, this is a pretty good rendition of the character. I'll probably pick one up.
Re: Extensive Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Vehicon Gallery (1364279)
Posted by GetRightRobot on March 31st, 2012 @ 12:57pm CDT
Re: Extensive Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Vehicon Gallery (1364282)
Posted by Cybershark on March 31st, 2012 @ 1:03pm CDT
Mykltron wrote:
DeceptiCobra wrote:GAH! Where does the kibble go?????? :BANG_HEAD:

Is it done by magic?

Those arms are odd. Such a shame.

I think the articulation on most of the Prime figures ARMS is horrendous. You cant truly pose the elbows or the areas around there on a few so far that I have opened. I also hate these spindly fingers, hands etc. that cannot really hold weapons etc. They remind me of Movie hands. They need real hands with fist holes etc. I think.
Re: Extensive Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Vehicon Gallery (1364283)
Posted by Cybershark on March 31st, 2012 @ 1:05pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Cybershark wrote:Nice, Where did the Skywarp come from????

Well I hope we get him in our line because I think the Takara "sticker" line sucks!!! lol
Re: Extensive Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Vehicon Gallery (1364284)
Posted by Mindmaster on March 31st, 2012 @ 1:08pm CDT
GetRightRobot wrote:No one wants to say it? Ok, I'll do it. HASBRO FOR THE WIN! Not the best colors but wow, no backpack! I'm going to buy every one I come across! Sweet! :APPLAUSE:

I sorta said it... >:oP
Re: Extensive Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Vehicon Gallery (1364286)
Posted by Mykltron on March 31st, 2012 @ 1:09pm CDT
Cybershark wrote:
Mykltron wrote:
DeceptiCobra wrote:GAH! Where does the kibble go?????? :BANG_HEAD:

Is it done by magic?

Those arms are odd. Such a shame.

I thought we agreed not to use the phrase 'fist holes' :lol:
Seriously, I don't understand your elbow complaint, I haven't had any problems.
Re: Extensive Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Vehicon Gallery (1364288)
Posted by Mindmaster on March 31st, 2012 @ 1:11pm CDT
Cybershark wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Cybershark wrote:Nice, Where did the Skywarp come from????

Re: Extensive Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Vehicon Gallery (1364292)
Posted by Cybershark on March 31st, 2012 @ 1:22pm CDT
Mykltron wrote:
Cybershark wrote:
Mykltron wrote:
DeceptiCobra wrote:GAH! Where does the kibble go?????? :BANG_HEAD:

Is it done by magic?

Those arms are odd. Such a shame.

I thought we agreed not to use the phrase 'fist holes' :lol:
Seriously, I don't understand your elbow complaint, I haven't had any problems.

I have no idea what ur talking about the fist holes for,lol.

CJ and WJ do not have elbows that "twist" so they have limited movement. They could have been better, just like Soundwaves long spinly arms. Thats all Im saying.
Re: Extensive Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Vehicon Gallery (1364293)
Posted by Cybershark on March 31st, 2012 @ 1:24pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Cybershark wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Cybershark wrote:Nice, Where did the Skywarp come from????

I bought season 1, but havent watched it yet. I plan to, but am I really missing out? Is it even that good? lmk what you think? I bought other animated sets like Energon etc. Couldnt watch them after 1 episode. Maybe Im just getting old or they suck, I dunno,lol
Re: Extensive Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Vehicon Gallery (1364295)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on March 31st, 2012 @ 1:26pm CDT
the mold itself is awesome but the coloring is lame as all hell, are there even any paint apps? If i can pick one up for around $10 ill probably get one but if not then ill have to pass, these figures are not worth $14. If i do get one though i may repaint it into lockdown.
Re: Extensive Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Vehicon Gallery (1364298)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on March 31st, 2012 @ 1:40pm CDT
Holy hell man, that is AWESOME! I need to get 20 of these! Realistically I'll probably grab 3 but still man, this is pretty sweet. Now let's hope for a jet form one! :CON: :CON: :CON:
Re: Extensive Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Vehicon Gallery (1364300)
Posted by Sodan-1 on March 31st, 2012 @ 1:42pm CDT
mattwhite924 wrote:The mold itself looks great, but I wish they would have used a darker purple paint.

I'll echo that, although I'd have to argue the mold is perhaps more than just great. To have a second Vehicon figure that's just as perfect as the original but is so much more kibble free, and is from the RiD line, then I'd say this is Hasbro's equivalent of turning water into wine. It's just a shame it looks like they've got the purple wrong, as you said.
Re: Extensive Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Vehicon Gallery (1364303)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on March 31st, 2012 @ 1:46pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Kinda doubtful, unless he makes an appearance in the show. The toys we've seen so far are characters in the show. Even Dreadwing, who I didn't expect to be in the show until we got evidence of his appearing, is getting his own toy.

Except for Hot Shot
Re: Extensive Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Vehicon Gallery (1364307)
Posted by kirbenvost on March 31st, 2012 @ 1:57pm CDT
I also think the purple's a bit bright and those elbow joints are kind of weird, but otherwise it looks really good. I'm glad they have some paint detail in alt mode and faction symbols in both modes. Looking forward to picking one up. I just hope everyone doesn't hoard them right off the bat and lets everyone have a chance.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Leader Sky Lynx" on EBAY
Buy "Takara TOMY Transformers Legends LG 53 Broadside no box" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS: Blitzwing Titans Return Voyager Class Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends series LG23 Galvatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Skylynx Earthrise" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS LEGENDS HASBRO TAKARA TOMY TARGETMASTER HEADMASTER HOT ROD LG 45" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titan Returns Blurr #A54 No Weapons Included." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Reissue Titan Return Hardhead Walmart Exclusive US Seller in Hand" on EBAY