FansProject CA-05 Backfiery In-Stock and Ready to Ship at BBTS

FansProject CA-05 Backfiery In-Stock and Ready to Ship at BBTS

Monday, October 3rd, 2011 2:45pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 40,442

FansProject's third Insecticon tribute figure CA-05 Backfiery has been released. The highly anticipated figure is now in-stock and ready to ship at site sponsor BigBadToyStore.com. Orders can be placed by clicking here.

BACKFIERY---adopted the philosophy of Godai to harness the power of "Fire". Also learned Ninja jutsu and able to control over the power of "Fire" in godai. With his speed, weaponry and ability to bring the heat to any battle, Backfiery poses a serious threat to all of his enemies. Driven also by revenge, Backfiery has a fiery temper that makes him unpredictable and highly volatile - an adversary that can really catch his opposition off-guard.

Credit(s): alternator77, Ruthless Cynic, ZenPrime, BBTS

This article was last modified on Monday, October 3rd, 2011 2:56pm CDT

Re: FansProject CA-05 Backfiery In-Stock and Ready to Ship at BBTS (1296107)
Posted by LiKwid on October 3rd, 2011 @ 3:40pm CDT
Just got my notice too..Bout time! :p

Alright FP now it's time for the next project :) Oh and possibly some kind of explanation as to what the Fpcore site is for :-?
Re: FansProject CA-05 Backfiery In-Stock and Ready to Ship at BBTS (1296137)
Posted by Mkall on October 3rd, 2011 @ 4:29pm CDT
Hell yeah!

I think I'll ship my PoL pretty darn soon...
Re: FansProject CA-05 Backfiery In-Stock and Ready to Ship at BBTS (1296185)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on October 3rd, 2011 @ 5:58pm CDT
Great news! I can't wait to have these three together.
Re: FansProject CA-05 Backfiery In-Stock and Ready to Ship at BBTS (1296309)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on October 3rd, 2011 @ 10:29pm CDT
Just need Heavylabor to ship and hopefully scrounge the cash for MP-10 before that.
Re: FansProject CA-05 Backfiery In-Stock and Ready to Ship at BBTS (1296316)
Posted by Anonymous on October 3rd, 2011 @ 10:51pm CDT
amcgrath929 wrote:Great news! I can't wait to have these three together.

Yeah, me too. They're all shipping in an Insecticon only pile of loot.
Ninja Insecticons... FansProject, u beastin'.
Good look, failed DOTM merchandise: Thanks for sucking :twisted: !
Re: FansProject CA-05 Backfiery In-Stock and Ready to Ship at BBTS (1296374)
Posted by Prime Evil on October 4th, 2011 @ 7:22am CDT
Re: FansProject CA-05 Backfiery In-Stock and Ready to Ship at BBTS (1296396)
Posted by Flux Convoy on October 4th, 2011 @ 8:29am CDT
Prime Evil wrote:Been waiting to ship out my POL! Looking forward to getting these guys together. :DANCE:

Me too man. I need to see what else might be coming soon. If nothing, I'm hitting ship on these fellas.
:BOT:
Re: FansProject CA-05 Backfiery In-Stock and Ready to Ship at BBTS (1296438)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on October 4th, 2011 @ 11:24am CDT

Between FP, PE, and Maketoy half my Classics 'Cons shelves are gonna be 3rd party stuff! :lol:
Re: FansProject CA-05 Backfiery In-Stock and Ready to Ship at BBTS (1296555)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on October 4th, 2011 @ 4:53pm CDT
Midnight_Fox wrote:Hit ship on my PoL due to the new "expected" date on Shadow Commander re-release(sometime Q4 2011).

All we need now is a Shockwave and the rest of TFC's Constructicons and that should be the entirety of the season one 'Con cast.
Re: FansProject CA-05 Backfiery In-Stock and Ready to Ship at BBTS (1296645)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on October 4th, 2011 @ 9:19pm CDT
Annnnd preorder is shipped. I was waiting for all three before getting them all at once.

I loved the whole subgroup concept when I was a kid, and for some reason the Insecticons intrigued me. So I'm really glad to have these.
Re: FansProject CA-05 Backfiery In-Stock and Ready to Ship at BBTS (1296774)
Posted by Motorthing on October 5th, 2011 @ 10:12am CDT
Re: FansProject CA-05 Backfiery In-Stock and Ready to Ship at BBTS (1296777)
Posted by Prime Evil on October 5th, 2011 @ 10:29am CDT
Motorthing wrote:Same as y'all I've hit the ship now on my pile - it's going to be a sweet deal to get these guys out of the box in one go. Did we all buy them at BBTS? I've noticed their FP price has just topped $51........

Looks as though TFSource has done the same. I think there was a time limit on how long they would be allowed to hold their pricing and I think October was the month that they were allow to change it. It's already S/O at TFSource. My POL is now in the warehouse!! :KREMZEEK:
Re: FansProject CA-05 Backfiery In-Stock and Ready to Ship at BBTS (1296793)
Posted by Astronopolis on October 5th, 2011 @ 11:25am CDT
eagerly awaiting review from anybody who shipped theirs faster
Re: FansProject CA-05 Backfiery In-Stock and Ready to Ship at BBTS (1296978)
Posted by waaaaghlord on October 6th, 2011 @ 1:28am CDT
Still sitting on my PoL until Stepper comes in :-(
Re: FansProject CA-05 Backfiery In-Stock and Ready to Ship at BBTS (1297256)
Posted by Gurgintius Maximus on October 6th, 2011 @ 5:39pm CDT
Just got Kickback today....Awesome figure, very creative transformation sequence!
Now I can focus on TFC Devy!
Re: FansProject CA-05 Backfiery In-Stock and Ready to Ship at BBTS (1297279)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on October 6th, 2011 @ 7:10pm CDT
I'm getting him on Tuesday. UPS ground. Longer wait, but worth it.
Re: FansProject CA-05 Backfiery In-Stock and Ready to Ship at BBTS (1297643)
Posted by dragons on October 7th, 2011 @ 6:49pm CDT
got him in today dont do reviews sorry cant help you there :sad:.

backfiery is favorite one of the bunch of insecticons since he was the only one i had when i was kid, i would have like it if one of his wings could transform into ninja sword kunai is also a good weapon
Re: FansProject CA-05 Backfiery In-Stock and Ready to Ship at BBTS (1299173)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on October 11th, 2011 @ 5:25pm CDT
Got him in hand. Good transformation-best of the three IMO. Love the kunai. Great articulation. Wings can be folded up for a pseudo-Kickback, like their Bombshell and his sai. Overall, they did it-I have my Classics Insecticons.
Re: FansProject CA-05 Backfiery In-Stock and Ready to Ship at BBTS (1299246)
Posted by Astronopolis on October 11th, 2011 @ 8:20pm CDT
got mine a few days ago, thought id share my thoughts as well.

bot mode: hes not as skinny as he looks in photos, he has a satisfying size. his face is pretty sinister looking, if you tilt his head up it looks like hes giving you a crazy stare-down. he has wrists! his backpack is a little bulky, but situated well. he is the most pose-able of the three in my opinion. careful of those head spikes, they are thin and pointy, and prone to breakage if proper care is not given.

transformation: fun and interesting without being frustrating or stressful. the only tedious part is replacing the kunai all over his legs, but that's just a minor nitpick.

bug mode: SOLID. hes the most bug looking of the three, and the only one with wings. he doesn't really do much, the front legs are pose-able but the ball joints are too weak to really hold an extreme pose, however he looks amazing in mid-jump poses with a stand of some sort. I cram a revoltech stand into his underside to keep him up, but a figma, bandai or tamashii stage base would probably work just as well if not better.

accessories: he comes with 6 kunai throwing knives, and they are SHARP! I've posed him throwing a knife in a midair pose using a stand opposite a downed Hound, with the rest of the knives crammed into his neck and joints. they give you six, but they are relatively small, and easily lost. one popped off during posing and i had to go under the couch for a good 5 minutes before i found it again.

if you've got the other two, you should absolutely without question get this one. if you are contemplating getting this one, id say go ahead if you have the $50 to spare, but prepare to be slightly disappointed in the other two should you get them as well, Backfiery is clearly the superior figure of the three.
Re: FansProject CA-05 Backfiery In-Stock and Ready to Ship at BBTS (1299269)
Posted by alternator77 on October 11th, 2011 @ 9:01pm CDT
just got home to find a package :grin: all three of my bugs arrived and now i can update my collection pics. cant wait for causality 6-7 what ever they are. because hasbro has nothing i want right now :BANG_HEAD:

Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Starscream & Waspinator" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME BLIGHT Beast Hunters Cyberverse Legion 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe Class Smokescreen Action Figure (" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Kingdom WFC RHINOX Voyager 6 inch Action figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Prime Grimwing Predacon Beast hunters Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Voyager Decepticon Blitzwing complete w/extras" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Kingdom WFC RHINOX Voyager Figure IN HAND!! MIB" on EBAY