Fansproject Defender & TF-Crossfire 02

Fansproject Defender & TF-Crossfire 02

Friday, December 11th, 2009 8:34am CST

Categories: Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: Mach   Views: 53,275

Third party toy maker - Fansproject has updated their website with some new images of upcoming tripple changer Defender. The images show the toy in the two alternate modes as well as robot mode.

Fansproject Defender & TF-Crossfire 02
Fansproject Defender & TF-Crossfire 02
Fansproject Defender & TF-Crossfire 02

On the other development, Fansproject also teasing us with silhouette of their new product - TF-Crossfire 02. This new product is speculate to be none other than the Combaticons combiner - Bruticus. The second shadowy outline image is presume to be Combaticons leader - Onslaught in alternate mode.
It is unclear at this moment that this toy is a brand new product or just the add on.

Fansproject Defender & TF-Crossfire 02
Fansproject Defender & TF-Crossfire 02

Check out Fansproject website here: http://www.fansproject.com/

Just to remind readers that these products are not official products from Hasbro Inc or Takara Tomy.

Stay tuned to Seibertron for your latest news on Transformers.

Credit(s): Fansproject

This article was last modified on Friday, December 11th, 2009 1:42pm CST

Re: Fansproject Defender & TF-Crossfire 02 (1026772)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on December 11th, 2009 @ 8:38am CST
Sweet.

That definitely looks like an add on for the Energon molds just like Crossfire-01 was. You can tell in the alt mode photo by the pairs of wheels.

These look great!
Re: Fansproject Defender & TF-Crossfire 02 (1026778)
Posted by Mechastrike on December 11th, 2009 @ 8:49am CST
it's about time Springer comes back as a triple changer. so far i've only seen him either as a car or as a helicopter and not both.

as for the shadow, i'm guessing a new Bruticus toy are those are upgrades like they did with Universe Superion Maximus.
Re: Fansproject Defender & TF-Crossfire 02 (1026780)
Posted by Counterpunch on December 11th, 2009 @ 8:50am CST
Those pics look good. No lie.

Color me officially hyped.
Re: Fansproject Defender & TF-Crossfire 02 (1026783)
Posted by Tigertrack on December 11th, 2009 @ 8:53am CST
That DEFENDER looks great! And the rotor has the ability to make the sword as well, with a bit more style to it than the original had.

Likes it. Springer is a fav of mine, so I'll attempt to get one of these if it goes into production.
Re: Fansproject Defender & TF-Crossfire 02 (1026792)
Posted by onewaydown on December 11th, 2009 @ 9:12am CST
Um.... "Test Shot with Diecast Parts." Is the produced toy going to have diecast parts? or just the prototype. Either way, I think I'll be saving up for this. Damn.

As for the Brute upgrade... that sure looks like a shuttle on the right arm. *looks at Bruticus Maximus* I wonder what the hell they're doing. Is it some kind of reshell kit? or replacement figure? I can't tell if his right leg is a tank or not -- but I'm leaning towards no. I presume that it's a jeep of some kind.
Re: Fansproject Defender & TF-Crossfire 02 (1026794)
Posted by Convotron on December 11th, 2009 @ 9:17am CST
The Defender prototype looks very cool indeed. :)

The Bruticus add on...not needed in my opinion but could be very cool too.
Re: Fansproject Defender & TF-Crossfire 02 (1026796)
Posted by zodconvoy on December 11th, 2009 @ 9:28am CST
I'm still waiting for the Protector Rodimus upgrade! Defender looks good and will be a must buy. I'm not a fan of diecast in general and this will be FPs first attempt to use it so I'm going to be very wary of paint chipping. The Bruticus upgrade will be amazing, though. Even the Barricade/Onslaught is getting his back cannons! Plus, now with the tank and helicoptor parts, we can expect a set for the TFCC Nexus Maximus!
Re: Fansproject Defender & TF-Crossfire 02 (1026800)
Posted by IceWilly on December 11th, 2009 @ 9:33am CST
I took a good look at the protector armor the other night and the sketches and mockups, trying to figure out what parts went where. What i finally landed on, is that there is basically no way that the entire trailer part will attach to Rodimus, if it did there would be a ton of back kibble going on. It probably means there will be a lot of extra parts (ala CC's huge rifle that I don't care for) it doesn't really matter in the scheme of things, but I am much more impressed when there is nothing left over, or in the case of springer that they have made a solid triple changer from scratch.

excited for both, not excited for the wallet punishment they will give out.
Re: Fansproject Defender & TF-Crossfire 02 (1026809)
Posted by HECTOR on December 11th, 2009 @ 10:04am CST
That Springer is a beauty! Expensive? Probably but the quality and impressive accuracy will be worth it. FansProject's products are top notch and really enhance my collection. I will support them for as long as they keep making awesome stuff!

I know Hasbro was pretty po'd about FansProject making figures but I don't care. I honestly don't think it will affect their sales whatsoever.
Re: Fansproject Defender & TF-Crossfire 02 (1026813)
Posted by Requiem Prime on December 11th, 2009 @ 10:17am CST
The hills are alive with the sound of music :APPLAUSE:

Loving the Defender design. This is Springer, this is what Hasbro could not be bothered to do. The alt-modes are interestingly different, the jointing is well thought out (did you notice the hamstring swivel for poseability). I do wonder about the pricing, but figure I'll get it anyway.

The Bruticus teaser is a bit confusing, mostly because some of those limbs don't look they're from the Universe/Energon/Movie combiner. My gut tells me Fansproject is desiging a more complex set than I dare imagine. Personally, the Bruticus mold already my favorite, counting the upgraded Superion (through no fault of Fansproject, design issues are with the original build).

I know Hasbro was pretty po'd about FansProject making figures

Well, yes and no. Officially, they said they don't mind the 3rd party stuff, but that was back when it was upgrade sets and kits that encouraged people to own the core toy. For one thing, I'm sure moving to full figures is probably garnering some attention because it might steal their thunder. Secondly, they also said passing the $100 mark would be a red flag, but Fansproject hasn't announced anything yet.
Re: Fansproject Defender & TF-Crossfire 02 (1026816)
Posted by DevastaTTor on December 11th, 2009 @ 10:19am CST
Even though I had him as a kid, I'm not a big Springer fan so I'm not sure I'll get this. However, I'm a whore for FansProject stuff so I'll likely cave when we see the final piece.

As for Bruticus, I'm intrigued about his limbs. It's evident from the picture that at least an arm is likely going to be a shuttle and one leg may be a jeep. In an effort to create their own figures from scratch, I wonder if they're going to push this set further than the Superion kit and actually include two completely new figures. Now that would be impressive. Seeing this is making me happier that I picked up a Bruticus set while they were still available on sale.
Re: Fansproject Defender & TF-Crossfire 02 (1026829)
Posted by SJ21 on December 11th, 2009 @ 10:42am CST
That Springer figure looks amazing. Finally someone is making a tripple changer of him. I don't know if I am going to want to spend the kind of money FP is going to ask for him though.

I hope there are die-cast parts to him. I love die-cast parts. Love them. They just feel so much more solid. They cost for this guys is probably going to be high, so I want it to feel more like a collectable than a toy.

I just hope they do not incur the wrath of Hasbro by making a full figure.
Re: Fansproject Defender & TF-Crossfire 02 (1026830)
Posted by HECTOR on December 11th, 2009 @ 10:42am CST

I was just thinking that! I was thinking about buying both sets to fix my Nexus Maximus but if they release a modified set that'd be great!
Re: Fansproject Defender & TF-Crossfire 02 (1026834)
Posted by Trikeboy on December 11th, 2009 @ 10:52am CST
The Bruticus set is definetly an upgrade set. Look at the following picture:

It looks like the parts of Bruticus upgrade combine into the trailer for the Barricade mold. Also note the 4 blade propeller for Vortex.

Springer, I'm sold but will wait for final colours and price before commiting.
Re: Fansproject Defender & TF-Crossfire 02 (1026846)
Posted by kirbenvost on December 11th, 2009 @ 11:22am CST
Holy effing crap! :shock: How did I miss this news story? Springer looks amazing! And...diecast? Color me surprised, if a little worried about pricing. There's no way I can miss out on this one though.

I agree the Bruticus is looking like an add-on. Cool for those who are interested, I'm not too much. I have Energon Bruticus but don't really care to pay for the upgrade set.

Say, where's are more prototype images of Protector? That one was announced first, yet we're seeing Defender in all modes first? Strange... I hope they're not planning a simulaneous release, I can't afford that.
Re: Fansproject Defender & TF-Crossfire 02 (1026847)
Posted by horus on December 11th, 2009 @ 11:24am CST
Does springer have knees?

Looks like Blast-of and swindle also got some remold
Re: Fansproject Defender & TF-Crossfire 02 (1026848)
Posted by kirbenvost on December 11th, 2009 @ 11:26am CST
horus wrote:Does springer have knees?

Pretty sure, there's a pin on his left leg right where his knee should be.

Also, I forgot to mention that Defender totally looks way better than the concept images, and I thought it was cool to begin with. 8)
Re: Fansproject Defender & TF-Crossfire 02 (1026849)
Posted by dragons on December 11th, 2009 @ 11:29am CST
one springer looks great he look war within version

2 bruticus kinda lokos like an add one to energon version looking at the head give it away littel but who knows i will say it will pointless if fnas projects decide to make combiner should be intersting to what happens next with bruticius promo picture

i hate to see the price for that addon set enrgon bruticus doesnt come with vortex pirce could be double from the first addonset if they include figure or 2 in the combination
Re: Fansproject Defender & TF-Crossfire 02 (1026851)
Posted by Mkall on December 11th, 2009 @ 11:30am CST
Springer is teh sexiness, and will proudly lead the Wreckers into battle!

Bruticus, while not needed IMO, will definately have a home on my shelf.
Re: Fansproject Defender & TF-Crossfire 02 (1026857)
Posted by Solrac333 on December 11th, 2009 @ 11:46am CST
Awesome.

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #276 - Whoops! All Bumblebees
"Whoops! All Bumblebees"
Posted: Sunday, May 16th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Warrior Class Quillfire Complete" on EBAY
Buy "FREE SHIP - Transformers RID STRONGARM & DOTM Cyberverse Ratchet  Legions Class" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE 2015 QUILLFIRE  MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Wave 2 Mini-con Sandsting (2015) Incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Bumblebee Grimlock Robots in Disguise Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends series LG23 Galvatron Figure Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends series LG04 Roadbuster Figure Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Shattered Glass Combiner Wars Ratchet BotCon 2016 repro stickers" on EBAY