FansProject Restock (Commanders, Sidearm, etc) at BBTS

FansProject Restock (Commanders, Sidearm, etc) at BBTS

Monday, July 25th, 2011 12:55pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 43,652

It looks like FansProject is going to reissue their City Commander and shadow Commander trailer sets.
We get this due to pre-order listings for both of these by site sponsor BigBadToyStore.
For those new to these, these are high quality premium upgrade sets by fan favourite custom toys producer FansProject and are unlicensed upgrade sets for Classics Ultra Magnus and Universe 2008 Nemesis Prime.
Click the following links to see the pre-order pages for the Commander sets, as well as other FansProject products.

Both are slated for an August 2011 release.

Credit(s): Kibble, BBTS

This article was last modified on Monday, July 25th, 2011 1:05pm CDT

Re: FansProject Restock (Commanders, Sidearm, etc) at BBTS (1266059)
Posted by necr0blivion on July 25th, 2011 @ 12:58pm CDT
Not only did I just see this on BBTS's main page, I almost jumped for joy! Will be great to have this one, as I've got my Nemesis Prime sitting in package awaiting some kick-ass armor.

Way to go FansProject for reissuing these very popular releases! *Psssst, Shadow Scythe reissue would be greatly appreciated too*
Re: FansProject Restock (Commanders, Sidearm, etc) at BBTS (1266061)
Posted by --B-- on July 25th, 2011 @ 1:05pm CDT
I have one of the original run sets of the City Commander, plus the later add on missile launchers, and it is one of my top five TF toys.

I only wanted the upgrade for Magnus, not Optimus and Nemesis Prime, but this is great news for anyone who had been looking for one.
Re: FansProject Restock (Commanders, Sidearm, etc) at BBTS (1266064)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on July 25th, 2011 @ 1:08pm CDT
Shadow Commander will be mine at last.
Re: FansProject Restock (Commanders, Sidearm, etc) at BBTS (1266066)
Posted by Prime Evil on July 25th, 2011 @ 1:12pm CDT
Snag one while you can people. This is a great piece to your collection. Great great find! :APPLAUSE:
Re: FansProject Restock (Commanders, Sidearm, etc) at BBTS (1266072)
Posted by Cyberion on July 25th, 2011 @ 1:24pm CDT
That Shadow Commander costs less than my D.I.A. Commander with everything I got (in different colors), but with no sword and clip. Wish I could just get the sword and clip separately. :BOT:
Re: FansProject Restock (Commanders, Sidearm, etc) at BBTS (1266079)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 25th, 2011 @ 1:33pm CDT
Nice! I might even try to pick up the G3 Trailer this time around since I missed out the first time. I already have the BTS one but I'm sorta thinking I want to make the FP collection more complete. Maybe, I'm not quite sure yet. Probably if it goes on sale.
Re: FansProject Restock (Commanders, Sidearm, etc) at BBTS (1266080)
Posted by craggy on July 25th, 2011 @ 1:33pm CDT
new run of City Commander?!!?! :KREMZEEK:
Re: FansProject Restock (Commanders, Sidearm, etc) at BBTS (1266092)
Posted by AutobotMR2 on July 25th, 2011 @ 1:45pm CDT
Re: FansProject Restock (Commanders, Sidearm, etc) at BBTS (1266100)
Posted by Kibble on July 25th, 2011 @ 1:52pm CDT
AutobotMR2 wrote:Props to FP for doing this! Good thing I got my City Commander a while back, looks like they upped the price cause I only paid 89.99 for mine!

I think the ridiculous secondary market is driving the inflated price (Shadow is only $95, can't imagine white and blue plastic is more expensive)...but it's probably also what's driving another run of the set.
Re: FansProject Restock (Commanders, Sidearm, etc) at BBTS (1266103)
Posted by Cyberion on July 25th, 2011 @ 1:54pm CDT
I paid $119 for D.I.A. Commander. I've seen it go for more, but I think it was designed to be a Japan only product, which might account for the price?
Re: FansProject Restock (Commanders, Sidearm, etc) at BBTS (1266111)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on July 25th, 2011 @ 2:02pm CDT
It's a popular set, that's what accounts for the price. I'm surprised Shadow isn't priced to match.
Re: FansProject Restock (Commanders, Sidearm, etc) at BBTS (1266113)
Posted by necr0blivion on July 25th, 2011 @ 2:03pm CDT
Kibble wrote:

Still better than secondary market.
Re: FansProject Restock (Commanders, Sidearm, etc) at BBTS (1266120)
Posted by Cyberion on July 25th, 2011 @ 2:06pm CDT
A second run is definitely a good thing. When I was looking for one of these for my Classics Henkei Prime, I was lucky to have found the D.I.A. Commander at all. These won't last long.
Re: FansProject Restock (Commanders, Sidearm, etc) at BBTS (1266124)
Posted by Kibble on July 25th, 2011 @ 2:11pm CDT
necr0blivion wrote:I disagree. There's probably a more limited run of these as opposed to the previous releases and/or cost of materials may have went up higher. But the discrepancy between City and Shadow... weird.

Still better than secondary market.

Right, which is why the price is like $10 over the previous run for Shadow, but the discrepancy between City and Shadow likely has to do with the how popular City has been. Why charge $95 when you could just as easily charge $130 and still sell out? How do they know it'll sell out? Because it's been selling for more than twice that on the secondary market.
Re: FansProject Restock (Commanders, Sidearm, etc) at BBTS (1266132)
Posted by Cyberion on July 25th, 2011 @ 2:18pm CDT
I don't see why City Commander is more popular. Shadow Commander looks cooler and comes with a Sword and clip. GOD I WANT THAT SWORD AND CLIP TO BE SOLD SEPARATELY!! :CON:
Re: FansProject Restock (Commanders, Sidearm, etc) at BBTS (1266137)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on July 25th, 2011 @ 2:21pm CDT

iGear made a decent sword for City Commander if that matters to you. Mine held that and their hammer until I got some PE parts for him. Now the sword is sort of sitting in PE's backpack.
Re: FansProject Restock (Commanders, Sidearm, etc) at BBTS (1266145)
Posted by Cyberion on July 25th, 2011 @ 2:24pm CDT
Gauntlet101010 wrote:Because City Commander can represent an official character whereas Shadow cannot?

Point taken. That makes sense. Some of the Shadow Prime and Nemesis Prime figures and trailers do seem a bit pricey in comparison to the official City commander items, in some cases. :BOT: And I'm definitely going after the PE Swords and backpack. I may try to find the iGear sword as well.
Re: FansProject Restock (Commanders, Sidearm, etc) at BBTS (1266150)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on July 25th, 2011 @ 2:28pm CDT
the iGear set is nice, but I wouldn't pay full price for it. BBTS used to have it for a steal, I don't know if it still does.

Now, technically, the PE set has flamethrowers, not swords. :P
Re: FansProject Restock (Commanders, Sidearm, etc) at BBTS (1266154)
Posted by Cyberion on July 25th, 2011 @ 2:33pm CDT
There is also the "God Sword" and "Energon Axe" (although I think the axe is called by a different name). I'm loving the fact that Perfect Effect and others have add on pieces for the Commander Armors. :BOT:
Re: FansProject Restock (Commanders, Sidearm, etc) at BBTS (1266162)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on July 25th, 2011 @ 2:38pm CDT
Never heard of the Energon Axe ... got any pics?

As for the God Sword ... I dunno about that one. Seems WAY too expensive for what it is. Even when it was new.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "1980 Transformers Takara Hasbro G1 CLIFFJUMPER Action Figure Minibot complete" on EBAY
Buy "Autotech Combiners Transformers Crusher Stalker Striker Nitro Spike OSF 1999" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Megatronus And Optimus Prime Toys R Us Year?" on EBAY
Buy "4 Transformers Cyberverse Power Of The Spark Hot Rod ~Jazz~Bumblebee~Skybyte~" on EBAY
Buy "Flame Toys Kuro Kara Kuri - TARN - Transformers *** USA SELLER ***" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS UK G1 ADVENTURE GAME BOOK, HIGHWAY CLASH – 1980’S" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Battle for Cybertron 3 Sharkticons Attack Hotrod Figures" on EBAY
Buy "TAKARA HASBRO TRANSFORMERS G1 SCRAPPER SERIES2 NO CANOPY STAMPED 80 84 JAPAN1985" on EBAY