Featured eBay Auction: 2012 D.I.N.O. Box Set (Custom Dinobots)

Featured eBay Auction: 2012 D.I.N.O. Box Set (Custom Dinobots)

Monday, January 16th, 2012 10:01am CST

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Auctions
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 84,048

Fellow Seibertronian and Seibertron.com News Staff member has created an amazing set of everyone's favorite Dinobots. As of yesterday, he listed this set incredible one-of-a-kind set on eBay which you can view by clicking here. Without further ado, here is his description of this set as well as some pictures.

GetRightRobot wrote:GRR 2012 Box Set D.I.N.O.

Dynamic Infiltration of Non-Biological Operations
One-of-a-kind Custom by GetRightRobot

Greetings Transformers fans. Here is my first annual Box Set. An alternative to "conventional" box sets. This five figure custom set is packed full of Dinobot awesomeness! I've put together a video below that has size comparisons, articulation demonstrations and more PLEASE view the video for additional information

This set comes in a convention styled, telescopic box that is 20"x10"x5" and features original artwork. The box is extremely sturdy and has 4 1/2" soft foam cut to hold each figure. Included in the box are all five Dinobots, Swoop, Snarl, Slag, Sludge and Grimlock in their short lived Earth modes. A comic strip (also original artwork) included with this set tells the story of why the Dinobots adopted Earth modes to begin with. Each figure is painstakingly painted and comes with guns/missile launchers and swords! There is a signed Certificate from GetRightRobot guaranteeing this is a unique set and is the only one of it's kind. Lastly this set includes a DVD packed with original digital content.

GetRightRobot wrote:Here are just a few of the features in this truly unique box set.

• Box- This telescopic, convention styled box is HUGE! Featuring custom artwork created by GetRightRobot.
  • Figures-All five Dinobots, customized to reflect the changes undergone for a unique mission that takes place during Generation 1. Listed below are just some of their features:
    * Swoop - Comes with 2 rocket launchers that fire and utilize the "Clip" weapon system. His sword can be stored in vehicle mode
    * Snarl - Stores his gun in vehicle mode and plays the role of PFC Witwicky's personal vehicle!
    * Slag - Killer rifle can be utilized in either mode and he stores his and Snarl's sword in vehicle mode!
    * Sludge - Features a huge removable missile and a launcher that doubles as sword scabbard and rifle storage area.
    * Grimlock - With lights and sounds and a sword that is nearly 9" long and stores in vehicle mode, he is the biggest of the team
  • Comic- A one shot read that details the how and why's to the Earth mode Dinobots. Once again, all original artwork.
  • DVD- Packed with content including a behind the scenes look at each step in the customization of Grimlock including how tos and tips. Video transformation instructions for each figure. Digital copies of the comic and box art including the uncolored sketch's for all of the art in this set!

This auction will never be seen again, don't miss your chance to own this complete set of custom Dinobots.

GetRightRobot posted a video of this set for all of us to watch on his YouTube channel.

Don't forget to check out the eBay auction of this set for your chance to win this one-of-a-kind set!

Credit(s): GetRightRobot

Re: Featured eBay Auction: 2012 D.I.N.O. Box Set (Custom Dinobots) (1334454)
Posted by UltraPrimal on January 16th, 2012 @ 10:14am CST
:shock: THIS should be a BotCon box set!
Re: Featured eBay Auction: 2012 D.I.N.O. Box Set (Custom Dinobots) (1334456)
Posted by Heavy B on January 16th, 2012 @ 10:18am CST
I don't recognize the humvee mold. I got everything else but slag...
Re: Featured eBay Auction: 2012 D.I.N.O. Box Set (Custom Dinobots) (1334457)
Posted by paul053 on January 16th, 2012 @ 10:19am CST
:shock: :shock: :shock:
:BOOM: :BOOM: :BOOM: :BOOM:
:APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

Nice. Just super nice. I'm out of any word to describe. Great, great job.
Re: Featured eBay Auction: 2012 D.I.N.O. Box Set (Custom Dinobots) (1334458)
Posted by dedcat on January 16th, 2012 @ 10:30am CST
wow. just... WOW!

This customizer has raised the bar.
Re: Featured eBay Auction: 2012 D.I.N.O. Box Set (Custom Dinobots) (1334460)
Posted by Ravage XK on January 16th, 2012 @ 10:34am CST
Dinobots that are anything but, interesting.
Re: Featured eBay Auction: 2012 D.I.N.O. Box Set (Custom Dinobots) (1334463)
Posted by Godzillabot Primal on January 16th, 2012 @ 10:45am CST
Dr. Heavy B wrote:I don't recognize the humvee mold. I got everything else but slag...

Transformers Crossovers Marvel Captain America
Re: Featured eBay Auction: 2012 D.I.N.O. Box Set (Custom Dinobots) (1334464)
Posted by Mkall on January 16th, 2012 @ 10:46am CST
This is going to go for an insane amount of money.

Good work GRR!
Re: Featured eBay Auction: 2012 D.I.N.O. Box Set (Custom Dinobots) (1334470)
Posted by Anonymous on January 16th, 2012 @ 11:06am CST
Most impressive, GetRight! Digital comic included?! Custom collector box?! Epic choice in molds?! What a supreme effort. No matter how much money you get from the set, just know that THIS is what the fandom is about. Well done!

:APPLAUSE:
Re: Featured eBay Auction: 2012 D.I.N.O. Box Set (Custom Dinobots) (1334471)
Posted by Trikeboy on January 16th, 2012 @ 11:06am CST
BOTCON!!!!!!!! WAKE UP AND LOOK AT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Shattered Glass, I really do but if they made something like this, I would walk to the convention (I live in South Korea) just to pick it up. If they made this the box set people would finally stop treating the 2007 box set like it was a gift from the gods (it wasn't btw).
Re: Featured eBay Auction: 2012 D.I.N.O. Box Set (Custom Dinobots) (1334479)
Posted by GetRightRobot on January 16th, 2012 @ 11:24am CST
godzillabot wrote:

Transformers Crossovers Marvel Captain America

I don't know much about the Crossover line. Perhaps it was a remould but I used the Ironman crossover Humvee. A great figure really.
Re: Featured eBay Auction: 2012 D.I.N.O. Box Set (Custom Dinobots) (1334483)
Posted by Rated X on January 16th, 2012 @ 11:30am CST
I really like what you did. The box and the comic really is a wonderful addition. :D
Re: Featured eBay Auction: 2012 D.I.N.O. Box Set (Custom Dinobots) (1334494)
Posted by Godzillabot Primal on January 16th, 2012 @ 12:14pm CST
GetRightRobot wrote:
godzillabot wrote:

Transformers Crossovers Marvel Captain America

we're both right

ImageImage
Re: Featured eBay Auction: 2012 D.I.N.O. Box Set (Custom Dinobots) (1334499)
Posted by Heavy B on January 16th, 2012 @ 12:33pm CST
godzillabot wrote:

Transformers Crossovers Marvel Captain America

Thats why. I compleatly avoided the marvel crossover line
Re: Featured eBay Auction: 2012 D.I.N.O. Box Set (Custom Dinobots) (1334507)
Posted by Godzillabot Primal on January 16th, 2012 @ 12:56pm CST
Dr. Heavy B wrote:
godzillabot wrote:

Transformers Crossovers Marvel Captain America

Thats why. I compleatly avoided the marvel crossover line

Pity, They're really good figures, if only hasbro treated us with a Swindle, Impactor, Ironhide and Soundwave repaint/remold of him
Re: Featured eBay Auction: 2012 D.I.N.O. Box Set (Custom Dinobots) (1334547)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on January 16th, 2012 @ 2:53pm CST
WANT!!!!!! this wins over this years crappy botcon set! :KREMZEEK: :APPLAUSE:
Re: Featured eBay Auction: 2012 D.I.N.O. Box Set (Custom Dinobots) (1334558)
Posted by Heckfire on January 16th, 2012 @ 3:03pm CST
This is my headcanon now.
Re: Featured eBay Auction: 2012 D.I.N.O. Box Set (Custom Dinobots) (1334561)
Posted by Delicon on January 16th, 2012 @ 3:06pm CST
I actually could see FunPub doing something like this in the future. Don't forget they already have done something similar with the 06 BotCon set.
Re: Featured eBay Auction: 2012 D.I.N.O. Box Set (Custom Dinobots) (1334571)
Posted by Blackstreak on January 16th, 2012 @ 3:42pm CST
That set is sickeningly awesome. :APPLAUSE:
The artist/customizer of this set deserves every penny the auction finalizes for. :KREMZEEK:
Re: Featured eBay Auction: 2012 D.I.N.O. Box Set (Custom Dinobots) (1334582)
Posted by AutobotMR2 on January 16th, 2012 @ 4:35pm CST
Frekain' great set. Glad to see this get front paged. Good job GRR hope you make some sweet, sweet cash off of this set!
Re: Featured eBay Auction: 2012 D.I.N.O. Box Set (Custom Dinobots) (1334599)
Posted by thedriod on January 16th, 2012 @ 5:58pm CST
Beautiful simply beautiful :APPLAUSE:

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #287 - Pulse Con 2021
"Pulse Con 2021"
Posted: Monday, October 25th, 2021

Buy "Transformers DOUBLE PUNCH Botcon Japan Exclusive The Evil Predacon Limited" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Soundblaster Black 35th Anniversary Hasbro WFC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots SALVAGE Garbage Truck Figure Hasbro Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2005 BotCon Decent Into Darkness Ricochet" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS BLADES (Shark Sub Variant), Rare Shark Sub Capture 2015" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Wheelie" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return SLUGSLINGER w/ Caliburst 2017 Figure MOSC in USA G1" on EBAY
Buy "Gigapower GP HQ-04 Graviter (METALLIC) Transformers Sludge Complete, Re-boxed" on EBAY