Ferrari 458 Italia - Newest Autobot In Transformers 3

Transformers News: Ferrari 458 Italia - Newest Autobot In Transformers 3

Monday, March 22nd, 2010 10:09AM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, People News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 81,512

Michael Bay has just updated his blog with some new information on the progress of Transformers Movie Part 3. We have extracted some of the contents below:

Transformers 3 has been going very well. We are going to shoot in LA, Chicago, Washington DC, Florida, Texas, Africa, Moscow, and China. On the talent front, we just locked in Frances McDormand and John Malkovich. Both amazing actors I've always wanted to work with. We also just got Ken Jeong, he is the super funny actor stuck in the trunk from “Hangover” and the Doctor from “Knocked Up.”

We start shooting pre-shoots in about one month.

I also was at a Ferrari charity event this week raising money for a hospital being built by Ferrari in Haiti. I announced that night the newest Autobot to join Transformers: the Ferrari 458 Italia.

Who will be this Autobot? Let's the speculation begins!

You can also check out the original content here.

Stay tuned to Seibertron, Ultimate Resource of Transformers!
Credit(s): Michaelbay.com
Re: Ferrari 458 Italia - Newest Autobot In Transformers 3 (1056756)
Posted by bengear on March 22nd, 2010 @ 10:14am CDT
Sweet car! would have been an awesome sideswipe but he's already taken. My vote is Windcharger! He's red and sporty (though you can't count on them following coloring themes).

Maybe he's gonna be hot rod?
Re: Ferrari 458 Italia - Newest Autobot In Transformers 3 (1056760)
Posted by alldarker on March 22nd, 2010 @ 10:24am CDT
I hope Mirage... Hot Rod was my first thought, but it probably won't be a red Ferrari (red looks bad on film).
Re: Ferrari 458 Italia - Newest Autobot In Transformers 3 (1056762)
Posted by Ironhide516 on March 22nd, 2010 @ 10:29am CDT
Re: Ferrari 458 Italia - Newest Autobot In Transformers 3 (1056764)
Posted by Bouncy X on March 22nd, 2010 @ 10:38am CDT
whoever he ends up being, let's hope he has an actual part. with all the hoopla they made over sideswipe he barely had any screentime. i guess he fared better than that decepticon at the beginning of Fallen. they spent who knows how much time designing his robot form and we see him in robot mode for like 3 seconds. lol

but yeah why bother to get a cool and/or rare car if it'll have 2mins (or less) of screentime.
Re: Ferrari 458 Italia - Newest Autobot In Transformers 3 (1056767)
Posted by First-Aid on March 22nd, 2010 @ 10:40am CDT
Ironhide516 wrote:I'm hoping for Sunstreaker. Sideswipe needs his brother w/ him. I think this Ferrari would be very fitting for him.

I tend to agree with you. I don't think he'll be yellow as BB already is yellow and kids could potentially confuse the two. At this point there is no red Autobot currently, so red is possible.

I also agree that Rodimus is also a possibility. It seems flashy enough for his personality.

Let's also not forget the possibility of someone completely new, but if they are REALLY sticking to the so-called core mythos, I tend to doubt this.
Re: Ferrari 458 Italia - Newest Autobot In Transformers 3 (1056773)
Posted by Megatronsdemise666 on March 22nd, 2010 @ 10:50am CDT
what if this isnt even an autobot though

well i personally think this should have been sideswipe

well hes taken sooo we will wait and see lol

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BUNNIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :CON: :CON:
Re: Ferrari 458 Italia - Newest Autobot In Transformers 3 (1056775)
Posted by alldarker on March 22nd, 2010 @ 10:57am CDT
That's true: there's no need for this car to be an Autobot at all. A Wildrider would be very nice! He was of course a Ferrari in G1. And now that the movie Transformers seem to have mastered the art of combining...
Anyhow, I'm still puzzled about why everyone thinks the Ferrari in the movie is going to be red?
Re: Ferrari 458 Italia - Newest Autobot In Transformers 3 (1056776)
Posted by Megatronsdemise666 on March 22nd, 2010 @ 10:57am CDT
WAIT BUT BY GOING BY BAYS LOGIC THIS COULD BE SKYWARP LOL JK JK

i hope he doesnt mess up this movie like the second one

but i shouldnt get my hopes up shouldnt i..........

I LOVE BUNNIES
Re: Ferrari 458 Italia - Newest Autobot In Transformers 3 (1056777)
Posted by Megatronsdemise666 on March 22nd, 2010 @ 10:58am CDT
Megatronsdemise666 wrote:WAIT BUT BY GOING BY BAYS LOGIC THIS COULD BE SKYWARP LOL JK JK

i hope he doesnt mess up this movie like the second one

but i shouldnt get my hopes up shouldnt i..........

I LOVE BUNNIES
Re: Ferrari 458 Italia - Newest Autobot In Transformers 3 (1056778)
Posted by Mechastrike on March 22nd, 2010 @ 11:01am CDT
it has to be Hot Rod... w/o that engine sticking out on the hood. As for the flames ask Optimus. Hey wait a minute...
Re: Ferrari 458 Italia - Newest Autobot In Transformers 3 (1056780)
Posted by Robinson on March 22nd, 2010 @ 11:05am CDT
This is why people are thinking its an autobot.

[quote] I announced that night the newest Autobot to join Transformers: the Ferrari 458 Italia.[/quote]

He says it will be.
Re: Ferrari 458 Italia - Newest Autobot In Transformers 3 (1056783)
Posted by DMSL on March 22nd, 2010 @ 11:13am CDT
Paint him yellow and call him Sunstreaker.

Would be cool if Sideswipe is actually red in TF3.

Now go and find us a Wheeljack mr. Bay.
Re: Ferrari 458 Italia - Newest Autobot In Transformers 3 (1056784)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on March 22nd, 2010 @ 11:22am CDT
I feel more retarded jokes coming to the third installment with the actors he just mentioned.. :BANG_HEAD:

I'd love to see Sunstreaker but I feel it's definitely Hot Rod
Re: Ferrari 458 Italia - Newest Autobot In Transformers 3 (1056789)
Posted by cadenheadr04 on March 22nd, 2010 @ 11:32am CDT
I'm hoping they go with something other than Red on the car, like White and Blue for Mirage myself. But if they go with Red, I'm thinking Hot Rod, or Windcharger as previously stated. They could even go with Silver for Silverbolt(not making him a plane). Most likely Hot Rod, so they can turn him into a Winnebago for Rodimus Prime, which would be highly hilarious.
Re: Ferrari 458 Italia - Newest Autobot In Transformers 3 (1056790)
Posted by matthewvilleme on March 22nd, 2010 @ 11:35am CDT
maybe they'll paint him blue and call him blurr. lmao
Re: Ferrari 458 Italia - Newest Autobot In Transformers 3 (1056797)
Posted by Liftgate on March 22nd, 2010 @ 12:01pm CDT
Well this is a nice bit of news. That was one of the things that bugged me about the films: they felt like a big GM commercials at times. I mean, I know GM fronted money for the films, but I'm sure other manufactures would have as well if they had just ask them. I'm surprised they didn't try to go as far as making Prime into an old Chevy Bison semi truck.
Re: Ferrari 458 Italia - Newest Autobot In Transformers 3 (1056798)
Posted by rpetras on March 22nd, 2010 @ 12:05pm CDT
Let's see:

Red + Sports car + movieverse = Trailbreaker :P
Re: Ferrari 458 Italia - Newest Autobot In Transformers 3 (1056801)
Posted by Torneira on March 22nd, 2010 @ 12:11pm CDT
Maby it could be Tracks ??

The red version of him 8)
Re: Ferrari 458 Italia - Newest Autobot In Transformers 3 (1056803)
Posted by Chaoslock on March 22nd, 2010 @ 12:12pm CDT
Sweet... No matter how ugly its robot mode will be, I'll buy its figure.

As far as my luck goes, this will be the new form of Herp or Derp... or Tracks.
Re: Ferrari 458 Italia - Newest Autobot In Transformers 3 (1056805)
Posted by Hard Hacker on March 22nd, 2010 @ 12:14pm CDT
Voice actor: Chris Rock, most likely.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #205 - Ship Wrecked