Sunday, September 4th, 2016 5:56am CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 36,547

Once more via e-Hobby's page for their exclusive Titans Return Mindwipe redeco LGEX Convobat - with Megalligator head from Nucleon, intended for the Skullsmasher/-cruncher mold - we have a new and final page for their in-pack comic! You can check it out below, along with some comparison images with the original toys (which you can also check out here for Optimus Primal and here for Megalligator) and some promotional angry Megalligator art.

Transformers News: Fifth Comic Page Available for e-Hobby Limited Exclusive Convobat, plus Comparison Images

Credit(s): eHobby

Re: Fifth Comic Page Available for e-Hobby Limited Exclusive Convobat, plus Comparison Images (1821461)
Posted by TransformableBacon on September 4th, 2016 @ 7:13am CDT
Heh, not surprised Megalligator betrayed Convobat. But that's an interesting twist to see, Nemesis Convobat?
Re: Fifth Comic Page Available for e-Hobby Limited Exclusive Convobat, plus Comparison Images (1821494)
Posted by Mr Skram on September 4th, 2016 @ 9:42am CDT
I thought the last panel was Nickel and Deathsaurus before I zoomed in.
Re: Fifth Comic Page Available for e-Hobby Limited Exclusive Convobat, plus Comparison Images (1821500)
Posted by camzilla51 on September 4th, 2016 @ 10:03am CDT

I would like a mutant soundwave homage, but I don't think this is that either. That toy was largely gold, not what seems to be an implied green. The screaming mouth on the nightbeat head might be a good match though, sans some monster teeth.

I have no guesses! :???:
Re: Fifth Comic Page Available for e-Hobby Limited Exclusive Convobat, plus Comparison Images (1821527)
Posted by Seibertron on September 4th, 2016 @ 1:06pm CDT
I'm very excited about Convobat, but Megalligator still looks like Skullcruncher with a Megatron head. Seeing the comparison pics with the original BW Megatron completely confirms my thoughts about the green color and how out of place the pink/purple looks.
Re: Fifth Comic Page Available for e-Hobby Limited Exclusive Convobat, plus Comparison Images (1821530)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 4th, 2016 @ 1:12pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:I'm very excited about Convobat, but Megalligator still looks like Skullcruncher with a Megatron head.
Because it is. e-HOBBY's order page (on just the mobile version, for some reason) points out that the Megalligator head is meant to use Legends Skullcruncher as its body.
Re: Fifth Comic Page Available for e-Hobby Limited Exclusive Convobat, plus Comparison Images (1821531)
Posted by Seibertron on September 4th, 2016 @ 1:14pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

I realize that, just saying that's not what I want and that I still want a proper Megalligator with correct colors with attention to detail and not a Skullcruncher with a Megatron head.
Re: Fifth Comic Page Available for e-Hobby Limited Exclusive Convobat, plus Comparison Images (1821533)
Posted by Targetmaster Kup on September 4th, 2016 @ 1:15pm CDT
camzilla51 wrote:I don't think it's a nemesis convobat, the head is different. It looks to be like the Nightbeat Titan master to me. Which raises more questions...

I have no guesses! :???:

Here it is with boosted saturation.
Re: Fifth Comic Page Available for e-Hobby Limited Exclusive Convobat, plus Comparison Images (1821534)
Posted by Kurona on September 4th, 2016 @ 1:19pm CDT
Nik Hero wrote:

I have no guesses! :???:

Here it is with boosted saturation.

IT'S SENTINEL PRIMAL
Re: Fifth Comic Page Available for e-Hobby Limited Exclusive Convobat, plus Comparison Images (1821546)
Posted by Emerje on September 4th, 2016 @ 2:28pm CDT
Nik Hero wrote:Here it is with boosted saturation.

I figured the colors were something like that, I only called him green because the wing colors were the clearest color in the comic.

I can't be the only one that sees this, particularly the four sets of pink eyes and the silver on his abs.

Nothing else really matches and where better to find him than a lab? Plus who doesn't like Megatron paired with an obedient Soundwave?

Emerje
Re: Fifth Comic Page Available for e-Hobby Limited Exclusive Convobat, plus Comparison Images (1821548)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on September 4th, 2016 @ 2:31pm CDT
Nik Hero wrote:Here it is with boosted saturation.

The head is definitely Nightbeat's, and the second pair of glowing "eyes" indicates a helmeted character with a bat motif... :-?

O dear Primus, we may have a match:

:EDIT: Don't you just love it when two guys have the same mindset :lol:
Re: Fifth Comic Page Available for e-Hobby Limited Exclusive Convobat, plus Comparison Images (1821549)
Posted by Emerje on September 4th, 2016 @ 2:45pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote::EDIT: Don't you just love it when two guys have the same mindset :lol:

For just a moment I thought my post magically ended up under someone else's name. :lol:

Though to my credit I did call him Mutant Soundwave in an earlier post, but I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing it.

Emerje
Re: Fifth Comic Page Available for e-Hobby Limited Exclusive Convobat, plus Comparison Images (1821554)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on September 4th, 2016 @ 2:57pm CDT
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

And him being a clone of the original Soundwave would be icing on the cake. Wouldn't be the first time a Soundwave clone would have a mouth:

Re: Fifth Comic Page Available for e-Hobby Limited Exclusive Convobat, plus Comparison Images (1821555)
Posted by Kurona on September 4th, 2016 @ 3:02pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

I'd really like this new Soundwave to have a mouth anywho to differentiate him from Soundwave more.
Re: Fifth Comic Page Available for e-Hobby Limited Exclusive Convobat, plus Comparison Images (1821556)
Posted by Emerje on September 4th, 2016 @ 3:06pm CDT
And there are some origin stories that even say Mutant Soundwave IS G1 Soundwave, this could be how he became mutated in the first place.

Emerje
Re: Fifth Comic Page Available for e-Hobby Limited Exclusive Convobat, plus Comparison Images (1821579)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on September 4th, 2016 @ 4:53pm CDT
If it is indeed Mutant Soundwave, wouldn't it be funny if the follow-up toy is a SkullsmasherSkullcruncher redeco, done in his colors instead of Megatron's? It would be an act of backstabbing, denying him a new body and not acknowledging him as the real Megatron, and provide an excuse for releasing the croc mold since Soundwave had both animal forms. :lol:

Besides, the shades of the original toys aren't too too far off (either that or my inability to recognise different shades is worsening):

Re: Fifth Comic Page Available for e-Hobby Limited Exclusive Convobat, plus Comparison Images (1821592)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on September 4th, 2016 @ 5:19pm CDT
I hope next year's Tokyo Toy show LGX figure(s) Is a headmaster/beast wars Soundwave. Though i think It'd be pretty cool to see them use the original deco rather than the toy colors.

Re: Fifth Comic Page Available for e-Hobby Limited Exclusive Convobat, plus Comparison Images (1821626)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 4th, 2016 @ 9:21pm CDT
Nik Hero wrote:Here it is with boosted saturation.
Though it's more probably a Mutant Soundwave homage, that monobrow (which I know is probably meant to homage Soundwave's teeth) coupled with the brown is making me think of Dinobot (who wouldn't make sense as a bat, but the colors and the leanness of the mold are reminding me of him).
Re: Fifth Comic Page Available for e-Hobby Limited Exclusive Convobat, plus Comparison Images (1821630)
Posted by camzilla51 on September 4th, 2016 @ 9:49pm CDT
Emerje wrote:
Nik Hero wrote:Here it is with boosted saturation.

Emerje

Ya know what, I think you've just sold me!
Re: Fifth Comic Page Available for e-Hobby Limited Exclusive Convobat, plus Comparison Images (1821633)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on September 4th, 2016 @ 10:02pm CDT
Re: Fifth Comic Page Available for e-Hobby Limited Exclusive Convobat, plus Comparison Images (1821634)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 4th, 2016 @ 10:06pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Ok, just humor me for a second: somebody digibash a Skullcruncher and a Mindwipe, both with the Nightbeat head, in both the prototype colors of Mutant Soundwave, and final ones. :lol:
Here's a digibash (not mine) of the Nightbeat head in Mutant Soundwave colors for those who want to do full body digibashes.

Though, the blue-tinted face makes me think of Dinobot even more.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers IF EX-26R Racing Bros. Retrograde (Runabout)(Runamuck)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime RID Arcee Deluxe Class NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers HUB Dark Of The Moon Cyberverse: MEGATRON (Unopened) Series 1 003" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BUMBLEBEE CYBERVERSE ADVENTURES DELUXE SOUNDWAVE w/ LASERBEAK MIB" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Kingdom War For Cybertron Trilogy LEADER CLASS OPTIMUS PRIME NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers IRONWORKS Earthrise War for Cybertron Trilogy Hasbro brand new" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robot Academy Medix the Doc-Bot Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Quintesson Judge Allicon Sharkticon Lot" on EBAY