Transformers News: Figure King #242 Scans Feature Transformers Power of the Primes Optimus Primal, Elita-1, Abominus, More

Friday, March 23rd, 2018 4:54AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 11,966

It's a Friday in Japan too, meaning that March's new releases are starting to pop up across the internet as local fans and collectors acquire their figures and start blogging and photographing them! As this is happening, fellow Seibertronian Albatross250 has pointed us towards the Loopaza Mega Store Facebook page, and some more toy news in the form of scans of the Transformers-related pages of Figure King magazine #242.

The pages feature mostly Power of the Primes products, with Optimus Primal taking most of the space, but accompanied by the likes of Hun-Grrr and the Terrorcons as Abominus, Quintus Prime in his Decoy Suit, Elita-1 and her combiner form Elita Inf1nite, and a small shot of Predaking in his grey prototype mold. Check it all out below!

Credit(s): Loopaza

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Figure King #242 Scans Feature Transformers Power of the Primes Optimus Primal, Elita-1, Abominus, More (1947699)
Posted by Acesmcgee on March 23rd, 2018 @ 6:47am CDT
Re: Figure King #242 Scans Feature Transformers Power of the Primes Optimus Primal, Elita-1, Abominus, More (1947700)
Posted by Randomhero on March 23rd, 2018 @ 7:16am CDT
Acesmcgee wrote:Sitting here giggling over the photos, not in excitement, but general amusement. Hey, here is Optimus Primal as a square, here is product advertisement mis-transformers Abominus. I know it is supposed to be a call back to original look, but damn if it doesn't make me think of the badly transformed Hasbro product photos we get. :lol: Not planning on getting Primal, but if I did/do that photo wouldn't change my mind. Wouldn't see the backpack when I displayed it, and woudlnt really care when I played with it. Still like a little kid when ever I see Abominus as in the back of my head I can hear my inner child throwing "I want" fits.

Yeah pretty sure Abominus isn’t mistransformed. Takara likes to to do little homages to the original toys sometimes in their promotions. Hence why Windrazers wings aren’t folded up and the arms look like bricks and Sinner Twin is backwards. They’ve done stuff like that before with unite Warriors and why the pic of abominus next to it shows him with all his articulation.

But please don’t let me knock you off that high horse you’re on
Re: Figure King #242 Scans Feature Transformers Power of the Primes Optimus Primal, Elita-1, Abominus, More (1947712)
Posted by Adimus Prime on March 23rd, 2018 @ 8:41am CDT
High horse? You're exhibiting what psychologists csall projection.
Re: Figure King #242 Scans Feature Transformers Power of the Primes Optimus Primal, Elita-1, Abominus, More (1947728)
Posted by Randomhero on March 23rd, 2018 @ 10:23am CDT
Adimus Prime wrote:High horse? You're exhibiting what psychologists csall projection.

And you’re a functional adult criticizing toys. What do psychologists call that?
Re: Figure King #242 Scans Feature Transformers Power of the Primes Optimus Primal, Elita-1, Abominus, More (1947741)
Posted by Counterpunch on March 23rd, 2018 @ 11:32am CDT
JFC guys...

Knock it off.
Re: Figure King #242 Scans Feature Transformers Power of the Primes Optimus Primal, Elita-1, Abominus, More (1947744)
Posted by Caelus on March 23rd, 2018 @ 11:48am CDT
As of yesterday my Psychology PhD is officially ABD. I'm too stoned from the medical procedure I just came out of to have an argument, but my professional opinion is "FFS take a chill pill."
Re: Figure King #242 Scans Feature Transformers Power of the Primes Optimus Primal, Elita-1, Abominus, More (1947753)
Posted by DMSL on March 23rd, 2018 @ 12:45pm CDT
Re: Figure King #242 Scans Feature Transformers Power of the Primes Optimus Primal, Elita-1, Abominus, More (1947766)
Posted by Flashwave on March 23rd, 2018 @ 1:49pm CDT
DMSL wrote:So any news on differences with this Terrorcon set as compared to the Hasbro releases?

No reason to expect them to be any different. Hasbro and Takara are sharing toy production, so everythibg should be the same, unless Takara does a special exclusive thats not part of the main toyline release (like Great Shot)
Re: Figure King #242 Scans Feature Transformers Power of the Primes Optimus Primal, Elita-1, Abominus, More (1947773)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on March 23rd, 2018 @ 2:21pm CDT
Flashwave wrote:

Welcome to the new normal! Hasbro and Takara are "uniting the brand" and will no longer be doing separate decos or tooling for their major retail releases. It started with the The Last Knight movie figures last year and is continuing now with Power of the Primes and the new Studio Series. Hasbro is even releasing later this year Takara's recently announced Anime Color Edition of Masterpiece Prowl. This all is why there aren't separate threads for Hasbro and Takara Tomy versions of Power of the Primes. It's all the same thing now, so all the news on both sides of the Pacific Ocean is lumped into one thread for simplicity.

I do miss the option of having Takara's G1 cartoon color schemes, premium decos, and extra tooling going forward, but at the same time, I think Takara is influencing Hasbro's deco decisions now, so we're getting a compromise of sorts. Also, my wallet is definitely happier getting these toys almost exclusively at domestic retail now.
Re: Figure King #242 Scans Feature Transformers Power of the Primes Optimus Primal, Elita-1, Abominus, More (1947801)
Posted by Acesmcgee on March 23rd, 2018 @ 4:09pm CDT
@Randomhero, I am not sure what high horse you think I'm on, but that wasn't my intent to offend anyone. I was just trying to be a little silly and poke fun at the toys, so if I offended you, apologies. If your intent was being silly also, it went over my head, maybe my horse wasn't high enough? :-P :lol:
Re: Figure King #242 Scans Feature Transformers Power of the Primes Optimus Primal, Elita-1, Abominus, More (1947820)
Posted by Skritz on March 23rd, 2018 @ 6:16pm CDT
Acesmcgee wrote:Isn't the only difference going to be wave distribution? I think that the set of terrorcons will be released in the same assortment compared to our own waves mixed up approach.

Didn't Takara release the Dinobot separately?
Re: Figure King #242 Scans Feature Transformers Power of the Primes Optimus Primal, Elita-1, Abominus, More (1947822)
Posted by Acesmcgee on March 23rd, 2018 @ 6:24pm CDT
Re: Figure King #242 Scans Feature Transformers Power of the Primes Optimus Primal, Elita-1, Abominus, More (1947832)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on March 23rd, 2018 @ 7:20pm CDT
Skritz wrote:

Didn't Takara release the Dinobot separately?

I believe the Dinobots are all coming out together in Takara's wave 2 of Power of the Primes. Keep in mind, their first wave isn't hitting until May, I think.
Re: Figure King #242 Scans Feature Transformers Power of the Primes Optimus Primal, Elita-1, Abominus, More (1947855)
Posted by Teknomage on March 23rd, 2018 @ 10:11pm CDT
Re: Figure King #242 Scans Feature Transformers Power of the Primes Optimus Primal, Elita-1, Abominus, More (1947864)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 23rd, 2018 @ 10:36pm CDT
Teknomage wrote:Any idea if they will release that Optimus Primal in the red and blue scheme like they did for beast wars.
That was in Beast Machines.

And, no, not in Power of the Primes, at least.

Frankly, I don't expect to see this mold used by Hasbro again anytime soon since the current brand team doesn't seem to really care for Beast Wars, and the only real reason that they made this figure at all was because the character won the fan poll.
Re: Figure King #242 Scans Feature Transformers Power of the Primes Optimus Primal, Elita-1, Abominus, More (1947970)
Posted by bodrock on March 24th, 2018 @ 11:41am CDT
It almost makes me wanna get PotP Optimal Optimus -- to show Hasbreh I want more Beast Wars!

Still on the hunt for Moonracer in OR -- Walmart is failing me. At least there's Slash and Cloudburst....
IMG_1180.JPG
Re: Figure King #242 Scans Feature Transformers Power of the Primes Optimus Primal, Elita-1, Abominus, More (1947998)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 24th, 2018 @ 2:08pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:
Skritz wrote:

Didn't Takara release the Dinobot separately?

Acesmcgee wrote:Not sure, thought they released them all together in the same wave. I easily could be wrong.

That's exactly it, the only difference between Hasbro and TakaraTomy worth noting seems to be assortment-related, in fact there's two:

1) Members of standard Duocon/Combiner Teams are released together in the same wave. Dinobots are all in the same wave, the Terrorcons as well, same goes for the Dreadwing and Battletrap Duocons. "Spares" like Starscream and Jazz are released whenever it fits.
2) Straight retools are omitted from the main retail line, for the most part. Landmine, Bomb-Burst and Tailgate have been skipped, and we can expect the same for Inferno and Novastar. That's not to say they'll be released there at all, it's possible they'll be exclusives.
Re: Figure King #242 Scans Feature Transformers Power of the Primes Optimus Primal, Elita-1, Abominus, More (1948028)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 24th, 2018 @ 5:40pm CDT
Thanks to TF-Factory on weibo, we have the artwork for the upcoming Power of the Primes Inferno figure, set be the wave 3 voyager and the last voyager of the line. The figure is a repaint of Combiner Wars Hot Spot with a new head, and was revealed earlier this month at the Australian Toy Fair. The artwork features Inferno is a hovering action pose as laser bolts go flying past him, typical of the Power of the Primes artwork.

You can check out the artwork below, and after that, head to our comments section to discuss it! Is this a good use of the Hot Spot mold? Should there have been more retooling? How do you feel about this being the last voyager of the line? Talk about this and more below!

Re: Figure King #242 Scans Feature Transformers Power of the Primes Optimus Primal, Elita-1, Abominus, More (1948040)
Posted by DaXtraLargeRobot on March 24th, 2018 @ 6:42pm CDT
Isn't it weird that he has Onslaught's shoulders and what looks like a unique chest to me in the artwork but the actual toy is just a red Hot Spot with a different head. I still want it though.
Re: Figure King #242 Scans Feature Transformers Power of the Primes Optimus Primal, Elita-1, Abominus, More (1948041)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 24th, 2018 @ 6:43pm CDT
Still has Onslaught's shoulders and chest piece. We can haz combined mode nao? :-D

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #209 - Under Siege
"Under Siege"
Posted: Sunday, October 7th, 2018

Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Bruticus Combiner - 2012 SDCC" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS SDCC COMBINER WARS DEVASTATOR TITAN CLASS NEW MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Powerglide Card" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Onslaught Card" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Shockwave Card" on EBAY
Buy "Choro-Q Transformers QTF-06 G1 Arcee Toyota Crown /C1 Athlete S21" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Cyclonus" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations (Legends) - Swerve and Flanker Figures - Sealed" on EBAY