Figure King September 09 Scanned Images - Transformers Toys

Figure King September 09 Scanned Images - Transformers Toys

Monday, August 24th, 2009 8:59pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Company News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 17,323

Toy World from Hong Kong posted scanned images of September issue of Japanese Toy Magazine - Figure King.
There are 2 pages dedicated to Takara version of Transformers toys. Featuring toys included the new repaint Supreme Devastator, Halloween Disney Label Mickey Mouse, Alternity Bumblee Bee, e-hobby MP1B Convoy Black version and many more.

Figure King September 09 Scanned Images - Transformers Toys
Figure King September 09 Scanned Images - Transformers Toys
Figure King September 09 Scanned Images - Transformers Toys

Click here to see the original post.

Stay tuned to Seibertron for all your Transformers related news.

Credit(s): Toy World

This article was last modified on Monday, August 24th, 2009 9:02pm CDT

Re: Figure King September 09 Scanned Images - Transformers Toys (981364)
Posted by HighPrime on August 24th, 2009 @ 9:12pm CDT

Looks like he'll be available at the end of September (9月下旬)。

EDIT: Whoops... haha.. I missed the 1万. Now the price makes more sense...
Re: Figure King September 09 Scanned Images - Transformers Toys (981367)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on August 24th, 2009 @ 9:16pm CDT
HighPrime wrote:I was wondering if Takara would actually release Devastator. What the... is that the price, 5750Y?? Only $61 US? :o

Very interesting, and quite a low price for Devastator if your conversion is correct. The red face on him doesn't really look good though. Maybe if it was molded red with grey paint instead of grey plastic with red paint. Still, can't complain about the price. :CON:
Re: Figure King September 09 Scanned Images - Transformers Toys (981369)
Posted by HighPrime on August 24th, 2009 @ 9:19pm CDT
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:

I missed 10,000Y of the price.. Actually will be $167.00.. Sorry for getting your hopes up :grin:

That means we're probably looking at $215-225 at BBTS exchange rates.
Re: Figure King September 09 Scanned Images - Transformers Toys (981375)
Posted by Convotron on August 24th, 2009 @ 9:29pm CDT
Nice to see Encore Skids in the photos. :)

Re: Figure King September 09 Scanned Images - Transformers Toys (981379)
Posted by Mkall on August 24th, 2009 @ 9:33pm CDT
Convotron wrote:Now are the two repaints below Skids supposed to be a nod to Mudflap and Skids of RotF?

Yup, they're called Skids and Screech and are available to those who fill out the back of the card they get with the Generations vol 3 book.
Re: Figure King September 09 Scanned Images - Transformers Toys (981382)
Posted by Convotron on August 24th, 2009 @ 9:36pm CDT
Mkall wrote:

Hehe, cool.

Dang, they're expensive but they're exclusives so that's to be expected.
Re: Figure King September 09 Scanned Images - Transformers Toys (981390)
Posted by bvzxa on August 24th, 2009 @ 9:47pm CDT
Very nice homage from the movie using the G1 Skids mold. Could they do something similar with Towline from Energon for the USA?

And you gotta love the cover of the magazine,

Kamen Rider Decade.....Henshin.
Re: Figure King September 09 Scanned Images - Transformers Toys (981398)
Posted by Convotron on August 24th, 2009 @ 9:56pm CDT
bvzxa wrote:Kamen Rider Decade.....Henshin.

Rider Kick!
Re: Figure King September 09 Scanned Images - Transformers Toys (981403)
Posted by skywarp-2 on August 24th, 2009 @ 10:01pm CDT
Re: Figure King September 09 Scanned Images - Transformers Toys (981442)
Posted by Convotron on August 24th, 2009 @ 10:45pm CDT
skywarp-2 wrote:meh, seen those already.. I am so glad I got HA bumblebee, he's the best looking figure of the bunch..not to mention that sweet repaint of sideswipe in red.. he should have been his classic RED color in the movie..

Speaking of HA BB, to momentarily go off topic, have you tried the leg fix? I hear that it makes the figure more movie accurate and only adds an extra step or two to the transformation process.

I've been thinking of picking up HA BB while it's available at the local stores.
Re: Figure King September 09 Scanned Images - Transformers Toys (981475)
Posted by skywarp-2 on August 24th, 2009 @ 11:17pm CDT
Convotron wrote:

but I shall try it one day..
Re: Figure King September 09 Scanned Images - Transformers Toys (981487)
Posted by shonenfan4 on August 24th, 2009 @ 11:37pm CDT
I actually like the red face-paint Supreme Devastator more, but the price is a big turn-off. :?
Re: Figure King September 09 Scanned Images - Transformers Toys (981497)
Posted by Convotron on August 24th, 2009 @ 11:59pm CDT
skywarp-2 wrote:I wish I could have opened it to try it but sadly I have most of my collection in a bunker storage area in cool and climate controlled bliss..ahhh finally I have it safe until I can display it all..but I do make some visitation trips to the collection under the current custody agreement with my live in girl friend.. :grin:

but I shall try it one day..

Oh yeah, your collection is mostly MISB right? I forgot about that, sorry. :)
Re: Figure King September 09 Scanned Images - Transformers Toys (981531)
Posted by nemesis-prime on August 25th, 2009 @ 2:43am CDT
I dont like redfave deva and the mickey thing is just plain stupid.
Re: Figure King September 09 Scanned Images - Transformers Toys (981576)
Posted by rpetras on August 25th, 2009 @ 6:05am CDT
Devastator likes to dress up and look pretty. ;;)

I actually kinda like the Mickey (my wife's a Disney Freak) but since I have the original I'm not shelling out for the repaint.
Re: Figure King September 09 Scanned Images - Transformers Toys (981724)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 25th, 2009 @ 11:50am CDT
Love the Kamen Rider cover. Awesome selection right there.

NO FAIR! First there's Buster Optimus Prime, and now Takara's Devastator gets a more correctly-colored face. Argh! Stop being so lazy, Hasbro! If Buster Prime's too much work to do, then at least get Devy's face right!
Re: Figure King September 09 Scanned Images - Transformers Toys (981734)
Posted by shonenfan4 on August 25th, 2009 @ 11:57am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Love the Kamen Rider cover. Awesome selection right there.

NO FAIR! First there's Buster Optimus Prime, and now Takara's Devastator gets a more correctly-colored face. Argh! Stop being so lazy, Hasbro! If Buster Prime's too much work to do, thene at least get Devy's face right!

They might get better figures, but with people shying away from Devastator when its $100 here, I don't think they'll pay Takara version's price. :-?

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers 2014 Age of Extinction Deluxe Class Drift Flip & Change." on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Dark of the Moon Cyberverse Battle Steel Optimus Prime!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Age Of Extinction Optimus Prime Voyager Class Evasion Mode " on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures Warrior Stealth Force Hot Rod" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Original G1 1985 Whirl Box Only" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Seeker Set Elite - Asia Exclusive MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition OPTIMUS PRIME Year Of The Rooster Gift Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Kre-O Kreo G1 Slipstrike Slipstream Kreon Micro Changers" on EBAY