Figure-Oh #162 Takara Staff Q&A Translated

Figure-Oh  #162 Takara Staff Q&A Translated

Sunday, October 9th, 2011 7:07pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, People News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 37,351

Figure-Oh magazine issue 162 posed the following seven questions to ten members of the TakaraTomy Transformers design staff.

1. What was your first encounter of "Transformers", or any childhood memory of robot series?
  2. Did you work on other series beside Transformers in the past, if so, what are they?
  3. What is the most important for you when you work on Transformers toy designs or development?
  4. Favorite "Dark of The Moon" item you developed?
  5. Favorite items you developed in the past series?
  6. What kind of Transformers do you hope to develop in the future?
  7. Message for fans, please

Thanks to SydneyY of our fellow Transformers fan site TFW2005 we now have the translation of this Q&A. Images of the translated pages have been mirrored from TFW2005 below.

Credit(s): SydneyY of TFW2005

This article was last modified on Sunday, October 9th, 2011 10:50pm CDT

Re: Figure-Oh #162 Takara Staff Q&A Translated (1298350)
Posted by kookookajew on October 9th, 2011 @ 7:26pm CDT
Shogo Hasui designed MP/LC Starscream .. AND worked on MP-10? .... That kinda makes me want to go ahead and buy MP-10 now...
Re: Figure-Oh #162 Takara Staff Q&A Translated (1298355)
Posted by TimothyR on October 9th, 2011 @ 7:37pm CDT
i agree with hisashi yuki.. it would be INCREDIBLY AWESOME if they took another stab at lio convoy.

i also agree with hironori kobayashi it would be nice to see updated versions of arcee, springer, and magnus.. preferably as masterpiece figures.

my one complaint is that.. it seems like no one has the ambition to update a true combiner.
Re: Figure-Oh #162 Takara Staff Q&A Translated (1298436)
Posted by Screamfleet on October 10th, 2011 @ 1:20am CDT
Re: Figure-Oh #162 Takara Staff Q&A Translated (1298461)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on October 10th, 2011 @ 3:05am CDT
Screamfleet wrote:I really hope they do springer, arcee and magnus like they said he'd wish to design. One saying beast transformers too, and I'd be down for a lio convoy redo. I know designers desires doesn't dictate actual production though. I hope they're interest helps though.

Yes, please let there be a classics 5.0 :lol: While they're at it, please make gears/hoist/trailbreaker too :lol:
Re: Figure-Oh #162 Takara Staff Q&A Translated (1298465)
Posted by Screamfleet on October 10th, 2011 @ 3:32am CDT
I didn't know my post was so funny.
Re: Figure-Oh #162 Takara Staff Q&A Translated (1298471)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on October 10th, 2011 @ 3:40am CDT
Screamfleet wrote:I didn't know my post was so funny.

Thats the emoticon i click 95% of the time here. you could replace it with :D or vice versa. :lol: :D
Re: Figure-Oh #162 Takara Staff Q&A Translated (1298628)
Posted by Windsweeper on October 10th, 2011 @ 1:43pm CDT
I like the idea of updating the Pretender concept. The recent offerings like Skullgrin and Bludgeon have disappointed me no end. IDW ruined Pretenders, especially Thunderwing and his chaarcter.

I'd love proper, updated versions of Cloudburst, Landmine, Skullgrin and Catilla. At the moment I'd settle for a repaint of Classics Jetfire as Cloudburst's inner robot and Battle Ravage as Catilla.

Surprised a third party hasn't come up with Pretender armour for Starscream. Could be repaint potential for the other Seekers.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager ASTROTRAIN Loose Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Chromedome COMPLETE, Great Condition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Club Exclusive Rare - RUNAMUCK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Steelbane Bumblebee Tiny Turbo Changers Target Exc" on EBAY
Buy "RARE Transformers The Last Knight Cyberfire COGMAN 1-Step Turbo Changer" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Cogman STUDIO SERIES # 39 DELUXE CLASS Brand New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Leader Dragonstorm Combiner New" on EBAY