Final Pictures of Igear Toys Kup Replacement Head

Final Pictures of Igear Toys Kup Replacement Head

Tuesday, March 22nd, 2011 6:19pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 21,707

Igear Toys has updated their facebook page with final pictures of their Kup 01 replacement head. These pictures show off the final paint deco and how the final product will look on your Generations Sergeant Kup figure. If you are on the fence about this upgrade kit, then these images may sway you one way or another.

Credit(s): Igear Toys

This article was last modified on Tuesday, March 22nd, 2011 7:06pm CDT

Re: Final Pictures of Igear Toys Kup Replacement Head (1198528)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on March 22nd, 2011 @ 6:23pm CDT
I don't go for much 3rd party stuff, but this is epic want... :APPLAUSE:
Re: Final Pictures of Igear Toys Kup Replacement Head (1198534)
Posted by Kibble on March 22nd, 2011 @ 6:31pm CDT
While I'm not the biggest fan of iGear, I am impressed they're able to offer this set for only $12 shipped. Compared to what other 3rd party items run, that's nothin'! Hell, shipping is almost that alone half the time.
Re: Final Pictures of Igear Toys Kup Replacement Head (1198535)
Posted by kirbenvost on March 22nd, 2011 @ 6:32pm CDT
^Agreed!

Kewl, looks great. I'm glad I preordered. 8)
Re: Final Pictures of Igear Toys Kup Replacement Head (1198538)
Posted by Fistful of Energon on March 22nd, 2011 @ 6:36pm CDT
Re: Final Pictures of Igear Toys Kup Replacement Head (1198556)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on March 22nd, 2011 @ 7:39pm CDT
Fistful of Energon wrote:I cannot wait for these! and as it turns out Kup has become my favorite figure of all the recent stuff that has come out.

Love the figure, and the Kup head turned out better than I could imagine. It looks very awesome.
Re: Final Pictures of Igear Toys Kup Replacement Head (1198558)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on March 22nd, 2011 @ 7:40pm CDT
This is excellent. Now ship it my way!

I think iGear is on to something here. There are a lot of figures that could use 12 dollar head replacements. They could make a killing.
Re: Final Pictures of Igear Toys Kup Replacement Head (1198591)
Posted by Cheetron on March 22nd, 2011 @ 8:30pm CDT
Man that's one nice head. I only wish I could find a Kup by now. Or any of the new guys except Scourge.
Re: Final Pictures of Igear Toys Kup Replacement Head (1198612)
Posted by Lackadaisical on March 22nd, 2011 @ 9:08pm CDT
Weird enough, the back art for the TT Kup sports the old man with it's noticeable big cy-gar... and also I noticed the TT Perceptor doesn't have the chromed finishing of the dials, weapon and chest frame that is in the robot version of hasbro's perceptor ... althought the alt mode for TT perceptor is beautifully finished, not like the hasbro ones.
Re: Final Pictures of Igear Toys Kup Replacement Head (1198624)
Posted by Tirade on March 22nd, 2011 @ 9:37pm CDT
A new head isn't going to remedy the arm and should kibble problems. I'm sorry, but that mold is a disappointment for me. IMHO, it is one of the weakest of the 86 movie cast. He's only a few rungs better than Universe Galvatron.

Sadly, I doubt I'm going to be seeing another Kup any time soon. I will just have to live without a good rendition of the character (although the Truck mode is spectacular).
Re: Final Pictures of Igear Toys Kup Replacement Head (1198652)
Posted by botomb on March 22nd, 2011 @ 10:45pm CDT
amazing heads.Im glad i got a kup so i can get these heads
Re: Final Pictures of Igear Toys Kup Replacement Head (1198672)
Posted by DevastaTTor on March 23rd, 2011 @ 12:15am CDT
Tirade wrote:A new head isn't going to remedy the arm and should kibble problems. I'm sorry, but that mold is a disappointment for me. IMHO, it is one of the weakest of the 86 movie cast.

Agreed. I hate the shoulders/arms on this figure. Both Kup and Perceptor look great but are frustrating to post at times. I found myself let down with both.

That said, I love these heads and look forward to getting them.
Re: Final Pictures of Igear Toys Kup Replacement Head (1198679)
Posted by Pr1meSuspect on March 23rd, 2011 @ 12:31am CDT
Ok iGear... you win this round.

I mean seriously, who would settle with the lame Hasbro head over the cygar IDW head?
Re: Final Pictures of Igear Toys Kup Replacement Head (1198687)
Posted by JERRYUS PRIME on March 23rd, 2011 @ 12:57am CDT
:APPLAUSE: WOW!!! I-GEAR we now only need a g-1 blurr custom head mold for generations blurr :grin:
Re: Final Pictures of Igear Toys Kup Replacement Head (1198711)
Posted by Trikeboy on March 23rd, 2011 @ 4:18am CDT
I caved and bought these. The best thing is it comes with two heads. Perfect for the Kup custom I want to do using Cybertron Red Alert (I hate the baby face Kup from Botcon). I also bundled on the Arcee. It looks too good to pass on since Hasbro keep refusing to give us a G1 style Arcee (Animated is close but not enough).
Re: Final Pictures of Igear Toys Kup Replacement Head (1198768)
Posted by Genocide G2.0 on March 23rd, 2011 @ 8:45am CDT
Re: Final Pictures of Igear Toys Kup Replacement Head (1198797)
Posted by zodconvoy on March 23rd, 2011 @ 9:59am CDT
Messiah Complex wrote:OK so i ive never bought any upgrade kits before and i want these BUT how do you change the heads do you have to take the figure apart or what??? .

Kups head is on a ball joint. Unscrew the one tiny screw in the back of his head and it'll come right off. The new head will probably pop right on.
Re: Final Pictures of Igear Toys Kup Replacement Head (1198827)
Posted by Genocide G2.0 on March 23rd, 2011 @ 11:36am CDT
zodconvoy wrote:

Cheers Zodconvoy, i just put in a pre order for them.
Re: Final Pictures of Igear Toys Kup Replacement Head (1198828)
Posted by bvzxa on March 23rd, 2011 @ 11:39am CDT
I preordered back in January. I can't wait!!
Re: Final Pictures of Igear Toys Kup Replacement Head (1198949)
Posted by Captziltoid on March 23rd, 2011 @ 5:14pm CDT
man those are freaking sweet. glad i ordered 2.
Re: Final Pictures of Igear Toys Kup Replacement Head (1198971)
Posted by craggy on March 23rd, 2011 @ 5:47pm CDT
very glad I pre-ordered. those are nice heads.

the arm kibble is a little disappointing, and ironic, since the best part of the original Kup was his arms, but I can live with it. soon my Robot A-Team will be complete!

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Age of Extinction AoE Deluxe Dinobot Scorn - COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID 2015  Strongarm Ultrabee Component" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction STRAFE Complete Deluxe Dinobot AOE" on EBAY
Buy "Jada 2016 Chevy Camaro BUMBLEBEE Transformers Diecast 1:32 scale" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise (RID) Deluxe Class WHEELJACK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxe Bumblebee Complete" on EBAY
Buy "METEORFIRE Transformers Cyberverse Battle Call Trooper 5.5" Figure Meteor Fire" on EBAY
Buy "transformers age of extinction strafe good condition comes as is" on EBAY