Final Product Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Jazz and Lockdown

Transformers News: Final Product Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Jazz and Lockdown

Wednesday, March 7th, 2018 9:14PM CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 22,197

Amazon.com has some new images of the Transformers Studio Series deluxes coming out in wave two. More precisely deluxe Lockdown and Jazz. We saw Takara's stock images earlier today and now we see Hasbro's. It's the same toys of course but the Hasbro photos are slightly mistranformed, like Jazz' chest. These are still the best images yet of these toys and they give us an idea of the final deco. They will retail for around $19.99 and be available at major retailers this summer. For those wondering, this wave will also include a repack of wave one Bumblebee and Stinger.

Credit(s): Amazon
Re: Final Product Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Jazz and Lockdown (1944628)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 7th, 2018 @ 9:18pm CST
Megatron is kinda ultra class, like that "upscaled cyberverse" voyager Predaking from Beast Hunters. This please me greatly! That Megs will definitely replace the ROTF "Green Burger" in my voyager Movie Megatron display. :APPLAUSE:
Re: Final Product Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Jazz and Lockdown (1944629)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on March 7th, 2018 @ 9:22pm CST
william-james88 wrote:

Holy moly. I know Megatron's supposed to be a bit taller than Prime and scale always fluctuates a bit, but I think that might be a little too much size difference.
Re: Final Product Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Jazz and Lockdown (1944631)
Posted by LevelRage on March 7th, 2018 @ 9:40pm CST
Wasn't going to pick up Megatron originally but seeing how he's almost as tall as Grimlock, I might go for him. Could even replace TLK leader Megs on my shelf if he's tall enough.
Re: Final Product Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Jazz and Lockdown (1944632)
Posted by Emerje on March 7th, 2018 @ 9:43pm CST
william-james88 wrote:

We got an idea of the scale last month, but considering how Megatron compares to Grimlock in the first pic above I have to guess that Megatron should be a little taller than Starscream and Blackout (his head anyway). We thought Grimlock was a tall Leader, but he might actually be a normal leader and Blackout is a short Leader to make the scale work. That would then make Starscream a normal Voyager, Megatron a tall Voyager, and Prime a short Voyager. It's very interesting, but it also makes me wonder how simple Megatron is to make up for his added height.

Emerje
Re: Final Product Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Jazz and Lockdown (1944633)
Posted by SureShot18 on March 7th, 2018 @ 9:45pm CST
Ah crap it looks like Megatron is just gonna be in that flat gray for the final release. I might just keep my Movie the Best version then.
Re: Final Product Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Jazz and Lockdown (1944635)
Posted by Spider5800 on March 7th, 2018 @ 9:49pm CST
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Actually, I think that might be accurate. Hard to tell in the movies (they're never standing still next to each other, and the animators admitted to making OP look bigger than he should in certain scenes like the forest fight in RotF), but in all the promo materials and stuff like the movie video games, Megs is always shown to be significantly bigger.

Why do they have Jazz holding his gun upside down?

Edit: And why are Brawl's arms reversed?

Re: Final Product Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Jazz and Lockdown (1944637)
Posted by Overcracker on March 7th, 2018 @ 10:17pm CST
Well, Grimlock is pretty large.

Megs is kind of disappointing overall.

Must have that Jazz now. Though he'll need some paint on those rims. With all the other paint and the lavish silver Solstice mold, the black rims just don't work. Also, why oh why is his chest mistransformed in the stock photos, but correct in the group shot.

Prime, just.... Need to convince myself I don't need another prime, and not one that small, and with such an ugly chest.
Re: Final Product Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Jazz and Lockdown (1944638)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 7th, 2018 @ 10:17pm CST
Spider5800 wrote:Edit: And why are Brawl's arms reversed?

They're not: the claw and blaster are on 5mm pegs and detach. They're used as handheld weapons in the display.
Re: Final Product Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Jazz and Lockdown (1944639)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 7th, 2018 @ 10:19pm CST
Re: Final Product Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Jazz and Lockdown (1944640)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 7th, 2018 @ 10:21pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Megatron's legs might be mistransformed in an extended manner to give him extra height in that pic.

That may be so. But he's defenitely BEEFIER and larger than Prime.

Prime is ugly asfak BTW.
Re: Final Product Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Jazz and Lockdown (1944641)
Posted by william-james88 on March 7th, 2018 @ 10:27pm CST
Overcracker wrote: Need to convince myself I don't need another prime, and not one that small, and with such an ugly chest.

You are doing a pretty good job convincing me.
Re: Final Product Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Jazz and Lockdown (1944642)
Posted by Overcracker on March 7th, 2018 @ 10:29pm CST
william-james88 wrote:

You are doing a pretty good job convincing me.

:lol: Just need to keep telling myself that.
Re: Final Product Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Jazz and Lockdown (1944644)
Posted by Spider5800 on March 7th, 2018 @ 10:47pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Spider5800 wrote:Edit: And why are Brawl's arms reversed?

Ah, OK. Thought I had seen it with the weapons on the correct arms in other shots, so that makes more sense then them somehow mistransforming his arms backwards, LOL. Must just peg into the top of the tank mode when he transforms. Not really digging it, but then I already have the deluxe and leader from the first movie line, so I didn't really need him anyway.

That Megatron looks good, wasn't really planing on grabbing him either but now I might wait and see once someone can compare him to some of the older Meg voyagers. Same with Lockdown, who looks to be a huge improvement over the original.
Re: Final Product Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Jazz and Lockdown (1944645)
Posted by Qwan on March 7th, 2018 @ 10:47pm CST
Megatron appeals to the neurotic collector that I hate in me, for exactly one reason: At that point I'll have three nicely-matched pairs of Voyagerish scale Movie OP and Megs. Ultimate Prime's inner robot and SS Megs for original-trilogy look, Evasion Prime and DotM Megs as broken-down junkers, and TLK guys for the new-"trilogy" aesthetic. Literally nothing else about the toy or character appeals to me, but the fact that this single aspect alone is enough to entice me, tells me I maybe need to work on my willpower.

Thundercracker meanwhile, I honestly couldn't say whether I like the look of him or not. The colors in renders look really nice and if his head can be removed he might make a good Genericon with like Overboard or someone for the head, but the problem is it's impossible to tell the toy's actual final colors yet and I'm worried they're really dark and drab. Additionally I'm really not a fan of the Movie Starscream/Seeker head and it just doesn't look right to me on this body either. All that said, I'm sure if he manages to make his way down here somehow, I'll snap him up immediately - it's more a question of whether I'll regret doing so later or not :lol:
Re: Final Product Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Jazz and Lockdown (1944650)
Posted by Rysquad on March 7th, 2018 @ 11:25pm CST
Qwan wrote:It's not long ago at all that the exclusive Studio Series Thundercracker made his debut at US Toys R Us stores, and now we have official images of the very same 'bot from Weibo user 淘宝店变形金刚改造工厂.

Before we get into the images though, it's also been reported that Thundercracker scans at $29.99 at Toys R Us stores! This is the same price as other Studio Series Voyagers, so it appears that Thundercracker won't cost any extra despite being a store exclusive.

The first picture from Weibo shows Thundercracker's packaging art in full - tweaked from that of The Last Knight Nitro Zeus (Thundercracker's base for this toy) and sporting Thundercracker's head instead. The other two images depict the toy in its robot and vehicle modes, and give us our best look so far at what we might expect it to look like color-wise. Thundercracker sports paint detail heavily based on his Generation 1 appearance, though with a small amount of 'realistic' modification to better fit a more Movie-based aesthetic: a clear cockpit instead of yellow, more subtle Decepticon symbols on the wings, and so on. It even appears that the front-most sections of his wings in jet mode have been made gray to visually replicate the intakes on his G1 toy.

Check out the images below or in the gallery on Weibo, and let us know your thoughts too by posting about this news in the Energon Pub Forums!

Here's the tag.

Re: Final Product Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Jazz and Lockdown (1944653)
Posted by Bronzewolf on March 8th, 2018 @ 12:13am CST
I must have that Jazz and that Lockdown. Altmode parties around here are going to get a lot cooler. 8-)

Grimlock looks incredible. I expect that he will be the Cogman of Studio Series: Everything else in the line is pretty good to great, but he just blows everyone away with the amount of molded detail, just phenomenal apps and an excellent paint wash. While I'm undecided if I'll pick him up, I can't believe we'll be getting a figure like that in the main line. Love it! I'm very happy for all the Bayverse fans out there.
Thundercracker I'm underwhelmed by. I'm forever a fan of that Nitro mold, but I don't really think it works in that deco, as that character. I dunno, I'll need some addition In-hands to decide.
Re: Final Product Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Jazz and Lockdown (1944676)
Posted by Grimlocktimus on March 8th, 2018 @ 6:07am CST
In the cinematic guide for revenge of the fallen optimus is 27 feet tall while Megatron is 35 feet tall, so the scale is actually pretty close.
Re: Final Product Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Jazz and Lockdown (1944687)
Posted by Kyleor on March 8th, 2018 @ 8:08am CST
Wow, Jazz looks awesome, Lockdown's alt-mode looks awesome. Definite buys on both of them.

Anyone else seeing the second face on Lockdown's torso?
Re: Final Product Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Jazz and Lockdown (1944693)
Posted by Lunatic Prime on March 8th, 2018 @ 9:23am CST
Kyleor wrote:Anyone else seeing the second face on Lockdown's torso?

Do you mean his torso looks like a face like TFP Rumble's or do you mean there's his battle mask hidden?
Re: Final Product Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Jazz and Lockdown (1944697)
Posted by william-james88 on March 8th, 2018 @ 9:39am CST
Lunatic Prime wrote:
Kyleor wrote:Anyone else seeing the second face on Lockdown's torso?

He means like TFP Rumble.
Transformers products from AMAZON

Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #208 - Everyone Gets Counterpunched
"Everyone Gets Counterpunched"
Posted: Sunday, September 23rd, 2018
Transformers products from EBAY

Items Ending Soon

Buy "NEW Transformers Generations 2009 Volume 03 - Exclusive Skids + Screech Takara" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RESCUE BOTS Silver Force BUMBLEBEE & OPTIMUS PRIME PLAYSKOOL Rare" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 4 Generations AOE Voyager GALVATRON Argosy Truck Age Movie megatron" on EBAY
Buy "original G1 Transformers jet PARTS LOT #102 Ramjet Starscream Thundercracker" on EBAY
Buy "Universal Studios Exclusive Transformers Bumblebee Tire Keychain New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power Surge Sideswipe Optimus Prime Drift robots rescue generation" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2018 SDCC Exclusive Bumblebee Vol 1 Generations Incomplete NO TAPES" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Dreadnaut & Decepticon Overlord" on EBAY