Final Round voting begins on Hasbro Pulse Instagram for Walmart 2020 G1 Reissue

Transformers News: Final Round voting begins on Hasbro Pulse Instagram for Walmart 2020 G1 Reissue

Thursday, December 13th, 2018 10:04AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 8,129

Thanks to an update from fellow Seibertron user, Carytheone, we can now confirm that Skywarp has won the second round of voting to see if he can make it to Walmart shelves in 2020. This means that the final round is now open for voting! His opponent is round 1 winner Astrotrain, so as long as you're an Instagram and Facebook user, go and vote to see who you want to see back in the shops. Please go here to cast your vote.

Which of these Cons do you want to see back on shelves? Are you happy that Skywarp beat Thundercracker? Would you want any of these to be improved like the recent Bumblebee reissue? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews.
Credit(s): Carytheone from Seibertron.com, Hasbro Pulse & Transformers Official Instagram accounts
Re: Final Round voting begins on Hasbro Pulse Instagram for Walmart 2020 G1 Reissue (1998635)
Posted by Lore Keeper on December 13th, 2018 @ 10:25am CST
I really don't feel thrilled about either choice (brings back feelings of two years ago :-D ). Skywarp is marginally different from a mold we just received, and Astrotrain I've found to be a very weak looking mold (I have the oddly colored PE one). Ooh! An idea just occurred to me: Scramble City box sets! I'd buy that in a heartbeat!
Re: Final Round voting begins on Hasbro Pulse Instagram for Walmart 2020 G1 Reissue (1998637)
Posted by ScottyP on December 13th, 2018 @ 10:45am CST
Re: Final Round voting begins on Hasbro Pulse Instagram for Walmart 2020 G1 Reissue (1998640)
Posted by carytheone on December 13th, 2018 @ 11:05am CST
ScottyP wrote:I enjoy that it's a choice between Grumpy Spacetrain or Grumpy Jetplane, but that's about the only thing exciting about it.

Re: Final Round voting begins on Hasbro Pulse Instagram for Walmart 2020 G1 Reissue (1998641)
Posted by o.supreme on December 13th, 2018 @ 11:08am CST
william-james88 wrote:
Sebstreak wrote:Does anyone like me focus on buying mostly G1 from season 1? I understand Bee's reissue from Hasbro, but not the other mini bots.

I do. Hasbro wanted to realease the stuff they had on hand, and all those molds were easily accessible due to Takara rereleasing them already:

Re: Final Round voting begins on Hasbro Pulse Instagram for Walmart 2020 G1 Reissue (1998645)
Posted by william-james88 on December 13th, 2018 @ 11:43am CST
o.supreme wrote:Yeah my biggest question would be, to think people would rather have Gears, Brawn, and Windcharger rather than their 1986 *year 3* re-painted personas.

Would they? I dont really care either way and they all sold rather well online so it seems like people just wanted reissued minibots, regardless of the character. Plus tailgate and Swerve have been a lot more present in TF fiction as of late.
Re: Final Round voting begins on Hasbro Pulse Instagram for Walmart 2020 G1 Reissue (1998646)
Posted by o.supreme on December 13th, 2018 @ 11:51am CST
^ I could be wrong, because I'm not picking up any of these, but I would think a lot of these would be impulse buys form fans that haven't seen the original toys, quite possibly since their original release, probably not following the IDW fiction. I was just responding to the original poster who said some fans may be looking specifically for 1984 first year characters, which is entirely possible.
Re: Final Round voting begins on Hasbro Pulse Instagram for Walmart 2020 G1 Reissue (1998647)
Posted by Aimless Misfire on December 13th, 2018 @ 11:52am CST
SKYWARP was my very 1st Transformer. I hope he wins.
Re: Final Round voting begins on Hasbro Pulse Instagram for Walmart 2020 G1 Reissue (1998653)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 13th, 2018 @ 1:33pm CST
Is it just me, or anyone else thinking that this voting is... not as kosher as it should be? We have:

Perceptor: reissued in original colors some time ago
Astrotrain: reissued as a redeco some time ago, never had original Hasbro color

Thundercracker: redeco of the Starscream reissue
Skywarp: ditto

The final vote would have been "new offering vs. redeco" regardless, and given our tendency to eschew redecos, the "new offering" would be a surefire win, plus given Astrotrain's release history, well...
Re: Final Round voting begins on Hasbro Pulse Instagram for Walmart 2020 G1 Reissue (1998659)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on December 13th, 2018 @ 2:45pm CST
Seibertron wrote:I'm EXTREMELY picky with paint apps and stickers. From the exterior of the package, there's only so much you can gather about the figure since it's in vehicle mode. The "chest" sticker was my biggest focus since I saw so many various flaws on the ones that were packaged in car mode facing correctly. Some of the chest stickers had small black spots, some of them had specs of dust/dirt UNDER the stickers (which is what causes those tiny little bumps under stickers), some of them had very tiny (and I mean tiny) wrinkles, and others just had minor imperfections with the edges and such (or angle of the sticker). I found two that seemed to be absent of any flaws. I have an eye for imperfections with Transformers toys. It has become an obsession of mine, but man when I find a "near perfect" Transformers toy, it just makes me thrilled! Swapping limbs, heads, and accessories is also a favorite thing of mine to make near perfect figures. My obsession with this stems mostly from doing macro photography with Transformers toys for the past 14 years. It drives me crazy when I see flaws in close-up shots of figures of which I have 4000 to 6000 pixel wide original images.

Ugh, just looked at the 2 Hot Rods I picked up and they have different flaws on each of them than what I was looking for earlier at the store. One has a paint flaw on the bottom of the windshield and the other has a comparable paint flaw above the windshield. Just need to find one now with out any paint flaws around the windshield and I'll mix and match parts and sell off the one that I consider "flawed". Urgh.

And I thought I was obsessive about getting "perfect" paint jobs on my figures! :lol: At least I know I'm in good company. I know what you mean about mixing and matching parts too. I've had to do that before. It's very hard sometimes to get a flawless paint job, sometimes just based on how a figure is packaged. I ended up with a Generations Deluxe Thundercracker with a completely blue face once. You'd never have known before opening him up because he's packaged in his alternate mode. More recently, I got a Power of the Primes Tailgate with splotches on his doors, but again, because of how he's packaged in robot mode, those parts are hard to inspect without opening the packaging. I made the mistake a few weeks ago of trying to correct a paint splotch on Siege Sideswipe with some rubbing alcohol. I ended up rubbing the red paint off too of what I thought was unpainted red plastic. Luckily, I was able to find another copy at a different store, with a much better paint job, and found a home for my paint error one with someone else here on the boards. :)

I guess was lucky with my Vintage G1 Hot Rod. Whoever picked him off the shelf at my Walmart chose one with pretty much flawless sticker placement for the chest/car hood. I didn't notice any big paint errors either. This is even more incredible since mine was one of the ones put in backwards, so you couldn't really see much of the front of the car in the box anyway.

carytheone wrote:

New Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC? :-?
Re: Final Round voting begins on Hasbro Pulse Instagram for Walmart 2020 G1 Reissue (1998739)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on December 13th, 2018 @ 11:11pm CST
Re: Final Round voting begins on Hasbro Pulse Instagram for Walmart 2020 G1 Reissue (1998746)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on December 13th, 2018 @ 11:40pm CST
So, since whoever the winner will be is slated for Spring 2020 at Walmart, what is happening for all of next year (2019) regarding the Vintage G1 Transformers line? I would hope Hasbro would be smarter than to let the line lie fallow for a whole year.
Re: Final Round voting begins on Hasbro Pulse Instagram for Walmart 2020 G1 Reissue (1998752)
Posted by steve2275 on December 14th, 2018 @ 2:07am CST
skywarp bay be
Re: Final Round voting begins on Hasbro Pulse Instagram for Walmart 2020 G1 Reissue (1998784)
Posted by carytheone on December 14th, 2018 @ 9:15am CST
Oh hey big surprise, Astrotrain "won".

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrX09NbFnFE ... q12vy2w9be

Re: Final Round voting begins on Hasbro Pulse Instagram for Walmart 2020 G1 Reissue (1998787)
Posted by ZeroWolf on December 14th, 2018 @ 9:34am CST
Thanks cary! Working on the story now!
Re: Final Round voting begins on Hasbro Pulse Instagram for Walmart 2020 G1 Reissue (1998794)
Posted by ZeroWolf on December 14th, 2018 @ 9:56am CST
Then there was one...Following yesterday's final today Hasbro crowned a winner... G1 Astrotrain! Thanks to fellow Seibertron user, Carytheone for bringing this to our attention.

This means that Astrotrain will be the lucky con who is returning to Walmart shelves in Spring 2020.

He overcame Skywarp in the finals, who had beaten Thundercracker. Astrotrain himself saw off Perceptor in Round 1. Now we'll have to wait and see just what form his reissue will take as he was released a few years ago but in an odd colour scheme as part of a platinum edition that also included fellow triple changer Blitzwing.

What do you think of this result? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews.
Re: Final Round voting begins on Hasbro Pulse Instagram for Walmart 2020 G1 Reissue (1998795)
Posted by Cobotron on December 14th, 2018 @ 10:00am CST
I think i'm fine with this. I picked up the weird psychedelic Triple Changer two pack from a little while ago, and am perfectly fine with their left field decos, but depending on the deco they give this release, I could probably be convinced to go more "traditional".
Re: Final Round voting begins on Hasbro Pulse Instagram for Walmart 2020 G1 Reissue (1998799)
Posted by o.supreme on December 14th, 2018 @ 10:08am CST
Re: Final Round voting begins on Hasbro Pulse Instagram for Walmart 2020 G1 Reissue (1998814)
Posted by Randomhero on December 14th, 2018 @ 11:46am CST
Can’t wait for all the complaints about the choice in deco
Re: Final Round voting begins on Hasbro Pulse Instagram for Walmart 2020 G1 Reissue (1998821)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on December 14th, 2018 @ 12:51pm CST
o.supreme wrote:It's cool and all that he won, but just seems odd. :HASBRO: - Let's Release a random assortment of original series toys for *Holiday 2018* (no doubt to cash in on BB 80's nostalgia)...., oh and check back in 2 years for Astrotrain... :???:

Are we sure that there won't be any Vintage G1 Transformers figures in 2019? It would be nuts of Hasbro to leave us hanging like that. I'd bet we'll see something, but it might not be right away.
Re: Final Round voting begins on Hasbro Pulse Instagram for Walmart 2020 G1 Reissue (1998827)
Posted by ScottyP on December 14th, 2018 @ 1:17pm CST
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:But Thundercracker's the grumpy plane. Or was ScottyP talking about the box art?
They're both grumpy, but Skywarp always sounded like the grumpier of the two to me in the show. Later continuities (which aren't these, I know) also have Skywarp as the grumpiest Seeker so that influences me too.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #215 - New Year, New Toys
"New Year, New Toys"
Posted: Sunday, January 13th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Prime RID Robots in Disguise Deluxe Airachnid MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers United UN22 G2 Laser Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS G2 HOOLIGAN SKYJACK SPACE CASE MISSILE PART 1995 CYBERJETS" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse 1 Step Changer Soundwave Action Figure. Age 6+. NEW" on EBAY
Buy "FRENZY Transformers G2 Spy Changers Spychanger - Go-Bots 1995 100% complete" on EBAY
Buy "TransFormers DOTM Cyberverse Autobot POWERGLIDE action figure, Japanese version" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro G2 Transformers Autobots Dreadwing Figure 1993 Vintage Generation 2 Loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Original G2 Cyberjets Air Raid MOSC Sealed" on EBAY