Tuesday, December 1st, 2020 12:22am CST

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 25,578

The Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom line is out now. It was fond in Hong Kong. You can check out the video below showing this first global sighting.

We also have a better look at three of the wave 2 figures: Ultra Magnus, Dinobot and Inferno. Inferno comes with the small hoses to attach to his feet and Dinobot has his legs in an orange to homage the original toy (photo below). The photos were found on the Facebook page Cybertron 21. Let us know what you think!

Transformers News: First Global Sighting of Transformers Kingdom Line and Better Look at Wave 2 Toys like Dinobot

Transformers Beast Wars Dinobot Gallery

PrimeTime wrote:Kingdom figures arrive in Hong Kong:

Credit(s): Cybertron 21

Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Kingdom Line and Better Look at Wave 2 Toys like Dinobot (2088290)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on December 1st, 2020 @ 12:47am CST
bacem wrote:Ohh, right. I never paid attention to the g1 toys that much. So yes, apparently i don't. My bad.
All the same, sorry for going off on you like that... :oops: It bugs me when people treat it like it's something the TR toy added despite it having been part of both the original toy and the cartoon appearance, but that wasn't worth venting my spleen over in this case...

Jeddostotle7 wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
sol magnus wrote:And with armor, they're just about the same size. I like my Titans Return Galvatron (one of the few TR guys I own). If Galvatron is superior in Kingdom, I'll pony up - but for now I'm good with the one I have.
I'm also fine with TR Galvatron.
My point is that Kingdom Galvy - who Rodimus Prime will have to be on part with height-wise - is going to be as big as TR Galvy or bigger, and trying to get a WFC Leader's Voyager-ish robot to match that height would be a stretch.

IIRC the leakers have been pretty consistently saying Galvatron will have armor pieces that make him more Energon Megatron/Galvatron-ish, and with that info it's safe to assume Kingdom Galvatron will be roughly ER Optimus height, if not a bit taller.
Hmmm. Given that that basically amounts to "Wings and an extra cannon" I'd still say there's room for the base figure to be on the larger side. If the base figure does turn out to be as small as ER Optimus, though, then he's a hard pass for sure.

...You know, having heard that tidbit, and doing a comparison, I kinda think he could actually be a TR Galvatron retool. Because TR Galvy's jet mode? Turns out to be laid out similarly to Energon Megatron/Galvatron's.

Kingdom Ultra Magnus is almost definitely a pass for me. The G1 windshield and the cab projecting further forward aren't enough to sell me when I already have the SIEGE version. If it turns out when we see altmode pics that they somehow contrived to have him accommodate 4 Deluxe cars (which, looking at the back of his armor legs, seems pretty unlikely), that would change my mind...
But absent that, I'm going to stick to the SIEGE version and do my best to make a larger trailer (because the 3P "upgrade" bozos aren't putting forth that kind of effort anymore).
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Kingdom Line and Better Look at Wave 2 Toys like Dinobot (2088293)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on December 1st, 2020 @ 1:27am CST
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:

Jeddostotle7 wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
I'm also fine with TR Galvatron.

Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Kingdom Line and Better Look at Wave 2 Toys like Dinobot (2088294)
Posted by Emerje on December 1st, 2020 @ 1:35am CST
Nemesis Primal wrote:
Emerje wrote:Rumors say Road Rage and Loud Pedal are coming as exclusives.

Emerje
Wait, who confirmed Loudpedal and when? I already knew about Road Rage, but a Loudpedal confirmation is news to me. I'd be stoked if we're getting both.

What? Confirmation? Who said anything about confirmation? This is the problem with the leaks, now any time rumor pops up it's suddenly taken as if it actually means something. As far as I'm concerned nothing is confirmed until there's proof no matter how reliable the leaker.

Loudpedal is too easy of a repaint for Hasbro to pass on, I'm confident he'll happen somehow.

Emerje
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Kingdom Line and Better Look at Wave 2 Toys like Dinobot (2088295)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on December 1st, 2020 @ 1:38am CST
Emerje wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:
Emerje wrote:Rumors say Road Rage and Loud Pedal are coming as exclusives.

Emerje

Emerje

Not to mention adds a Decepticon (or Merc), and it's Diaclone-y.

I hope that Road Rage and Loudpedal aren't a two pack though. That'd suck cause I want to pick up two Road Rages, but don't want a second Loudpedal
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Kingdom Line and Better Look at Wave 2 Toys like Dinobot (2088296)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on December 1st, 2020 @ 1:48am CST
Jeddostotle7 wrote:I think I'm the opposite, I'm actually gonna be annoyed if Galvy's any taller than ER Optimus, cuz he isn't supposed to have gotten any taller when he was reformatted. He's supposed to be the same height as Optimus.
Yes, he is. But here's the wrinkle with that for me: SIEGE and Earthrise Optimus are both too small. Just like Classics Optimus was. It's especially blatant in vehicle mode (ER Optimus' cab is about the same size as the freaking G1 toy's), but fairly noticeable in robot mode too (particularly if you compare to the cartoon scale chart, which WFC was trying to abide by).

That's why I want Kingdom Galvatron to be taller: I want him to match the height Optimus should be, which is a mark ER Optimus fell short of.
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Kingdom Line and Better Look at Wave 2 Toys like Dinobot (2088297)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on December 1st, 2020 @ 2:05am CST
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:

eh

I feel like they're nailing it in robot mode height, vehicle mode sizes I'm never very strict on cuz they're always gonna be wacky unless you really mess with the robot mode scaling to accommadate
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Kingdom Line and Better Look at Wave 2 Toys like Dinobot (2088299)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on December 1st, 2020 @ 2:38am CST
Jeddostotle7 wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:

eh

1. I'd say that they're not nailing it with Optimus' height, except in the sense of the "nailed it" meme (same for Megatron. They're the bad apples in the bunch). He falls visibly, substantially short even if you're not checking the chart. It's bad enough in my eyes that I'm actually sticking with Combiner Wars Optimus (who happens to be chart-perfect with SIEGE Sideswipe) for the time being.
2. I'm not super strict when it comes to vehicle mode sizes. But at least with regard to ordinary road vehicles, I feel like they should be in the same scale ballpark unless it severely hurts the robot mode size. Which is not the case for ER Optimus, because he's undersize in both modes.
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Kingdom Line and Better Look at Wave 2 Toys like Dinobot (2088301)
Posted by ZeroWolf on December 1st, 2020 @ 3:16am CST
Personally I'm happy with these current Optimus as it means they shouldn't need to bother to do another G1 Optimus for a while, let them focus on other versions for a bit first, or try something new with him
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Kingdom Line and Better Look at Wave 2 Toys like Dinobot (2088302)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on December 1st, 2020 @ 3:42am CST
Looking at that image again, it also looks like Inferno comes with a water spray blast effect next to his nozzle, that's cool that Hasbro's working blast effects in to come with larger figures now to make up for the lack of Battlemasters. Hopefully the potential Artfire comes with that too.

Emerje wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:
Emerje wrote:Rumors say Road Rage and Loud Pedal are coming as exclusives.

Emerje

Emerje
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Kingdom Line and Better Look at Wave 2 Toys like Dinobot (2088314)
Posted by blackeyedprime on December 1st, 2020 @ 7:50am CST
Ultra Magnus has lost his G1 style belt/waist. They really don't like being toon/movie accurate at the mo -maybe so that they can do a SS86 version that's still not the full shilling. No height increase by the looks of things too but still a chance of repaints that I'd be interested in.
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Kingdom Line and Better Look at Wave 2 Toys like Dinobot (2088315)
Posted by Emerje on December 1st, 2020 @ 7:56am CST
Nemesis Primal wrote:...yeah, confirmed/confirmation was probably a bad word for that in retrospect, but I think it still got the point of my question across? I just haven't seen any actual rumors of Loudpedal but I have for Road Rage, so I was curious what you'd seen/heard that's different since you were talking as if he has been rumored already and I'm excited by the prospect of both.

Eh, I probably shouldn't have said rumored either since what I really meant was strong speculation, though that tends to be the basis for rumor to begin with. Either way, it would be strange if such an obvious straight repaint wasn't attempted. Road Rage will be a more extensive (almost as extensive as turning Blackarachnia into Tarantulas) retool of Tracks, but Loud Pedal would just require a head swap that I'm sure will already be part of the mold.

BTW, now that I'm home from work and not looking at tiny photos on my phone I'm not at all convinced just from the pics that Dinobot's legs are based on the toy. I'm seeing cartoon accuracy with gold shins and orange accents on the sides.

Dinobot.JPG

The shins are the same color as the gold stripe on the thighs (which isn't accurate) and doesn't appear to be a trick of the light since it's identical placement on both legs even though one is slightly turned in. The "orange" looks to be the same plastic as the hip joints and probably a little more copper colored.

Emerje
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Kingdom Line and Better Look at Wave 2 Toys like Dinobot (2088320)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 1st, 2020 @ 8:23am CST
blackeyedprime wrote:Ultra Magnus has lost his G1 style belt/waist.
It's probably just flipped around backwards, with the white inner robot's waist facing forward.
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Kingdom Line and Better Look at Wave 2 Toys like Dinobot (2088331)
Posted by Tuned Agent on December 1st, 2020 @ 10:47am CST
Dinobot looks really, really good. His point finger/big raptor claw even looks like it's individually articulated, which is pretty awesome. I just hope his tail can split into his double-bladed weapon, since that seems to be his only accessory. Looking forward to seeing the raptor mode.
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Kingdom Line and Better Look at Wave 2 Toys like Dinobot (2088335)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on December 1st, 2020 @ 11:06am CST
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Kingdom Line and Better Look at Wave 2 Toys like Dinobot (2088336)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on December 1st, 2020 @ 11:07am CST
Dinobot looks to have a bit of a beer belly haha im not complaining though im really excited for this one. I just really hope the tail weapon still spins and has the rapier inside
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Kingdom Line and Better Look at Wave 2 Toys like Dinobot (2088338)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 1st, 2020 @ 11:25am CST
Cyber Bishop wrote:After watching the video the Kingdom figs look to have been picked up at a specialty shop and not a regular store (Target, Wal Mart, etc..) so they are not "officially" out as we have no idea how they were acquired.
PrimeTime wrote:Kingdom figures arrive in Hong Kong:
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Kingdom Line and Better Look at Wave 2 Toys like Dinobot (2088339)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on December 1st, 2020 @ 11:28am CST
Good news everyone!

Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Kingdom Line and Better Look at Wave 2 Toys like Dinobot (2088341)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on December 1st, 2020 @ 11:30am CST
They look amazing :KREMZEEK:
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Kingdom Line and Better Look at Wave 2 Toys like Dinobot (2088342)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 1st, 2020 @ 11:31am CST
Sentinel_Primal wrote:Image
Bewbs
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Kingdom Line and Better Look at Wave 2 Toys like Dinobot (2088343)
Posted by Rtron on December 1st, 2020 @ 11:34am CST
I love how articulated Airazor's wings look. And Dinobot's beast mode looks way better than I thought it'd be! The only really egregious kibble it seems to have are those bronze robot mode hip-tits. Pft, when will people realize only mammals have boobs ;)

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "GI Joe Transformers 2011 SDCC MEGATRON GUN 25th Starscream Cobra Commander" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage Transformers BONE CRUSHER Constructicons HASBRO, TAKARA Japan 1980 84" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters - Ultra Magnus - Voyager Autobot 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Beast Hunters Leader Class Optimus Prime Dragon Assault 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Rescue Bots: Meet Boulder the Construction-Bot Annie Auerbach" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Alchemist Prime Prime Master" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Metroplex SDCC Generations Titan Class" on EBAY
Buy "GI JOE ~ 2017 MATT TRAKKER ~ SDCC revolution TRANSFORMERS ~100% & CARD" on EBAY