First Global Sighting of Transformers Studio Series Voyagers Brawl and Megatron

Transformers News: First Global Sighting of Transformers Studio Series Voyagers Brawl and Megatron

Saturday, May 12th, 2018 1:15PM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 17,389

Singaporeans are in luck this time with the Studio Series wave 2 voyagers being found at Toysrus. Two singaporean fans, lake88 and darkavenger, reported finding Brawl and Megatron on their local sightings board at TFW2005. It seems they were found simultaneously across the island nation at different Toysrus stores like the Paragon and Vivo locations.

You can see just how much bigger one is to the other in the way Megatron really fills every inch of that box. This being the first global sighting it is impossible to know how much time it will take for these to reach the west and from past experience, it could be in two days or two months from today. These are expected end of June, early July, according to the seasonal Hasbro schedule.

Will you all be getting both of these fully new molds? Let us know!

Credit(s): lake88 and darkavenger
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Studio Series Voyagers Brawl and Megatron (1959146)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 12th, 2018 @ 7:23pm CDT
Waiting for that Megatron to come over here so I can buy another mainline figure at full price.

Seriously, it's been a while since I bought so much without waiting for any sale. Especially movie figures that are marked up.
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Studio Series Voyagers Brawl and Megatron (1959167)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 12th, 2018 @ 10:51pm CDT
So having messed with Ratchet and Bee more, I feel slightly let down.

Ratchet is good, don't get me wrong, but I think his voyager figure from movie 1 is still the better Ratchet. It feels an appropriate size, has a good sized alt mode, and the transformation is fun. The SS guy really needed to be voyager scaled, he is too small.

And Bee, well, I'm sort of let down. The transformation is actually kinda annoying, and while the alt mode and robot mode are good, the getting there isn't really any good to me, It feels overcomplicated, too many small parts and parts running into each other. It is not swish at all. He also is definitely tiny to go with the overcomplicated, and his roof keeps snapping off in bot mode, I cannot pick that figure up without it coming off. And it runs into his wings, so I can't position his wings that well either.

It's kind of a shame that the deluxes are lackluster here, I had hopes for both, and Grimlock and Thundercracker kill them both in every single regard
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Studio Series Voyagers Brawl and Megatron (1959171)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 12th, 2018 @ 11:35pm CDT
Partly the reason I didn't bother with the deluxes so far. Especially at 30$CAN each. I have hopes for Jazz though.
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Studio Series Voyagers Brawl and Megatron (1959185)
Posted by ZeroWolf on May 13th, 2018 @ 2:20am CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:So having messed with Ratchet and Bee more, I feel slightly let down.

Wouldn't a Voyager rachet be too big though? It would have to be a fairly small Voyager to match the scale they are going for.
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Studio Series Voyagers Brawl and Megatron (1959194)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on May 13th, 2018 @ 3:41am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:

Yeah, SS Ratchet is way better than 2007 Voyager Ratchet (who is definitely far too large to fit in with this lot or alongside any voyager Optimus Prime and certainly with SS Starscream) The 2007 toy was fun for the time but I find it far too blocky in the legs and inaccurate these days.

Not sure how Bumblebee is complicated. Only issue I have is the getting the hood in place in both modes. I still haven't quite figured out if there's an easier way but then I still haven't even looked at the instructions so it can't be that complicated a figure to even do. So yeah other than the hood I find him pretty easy to transform back and forth. Even showed a video a couple weeks ago how I added a bit of polish to the roof joint and then shook the figure and it didn't come off at all. I've no problems with that.

I'm still hoping there's a new Ironhide coming eventually. ALl his previous voyager toys have stupidly annoying fiddly things going on with the chest/shoulders and I had more fun with the 2010 Deluxe so like Ratchet I hope a new Ironhide would be based on that but inproved (less arm kibble though I like how the cannons go there) and slightly enlargened and paint it up like the Movie The Best version.

In the meatime, gimme that Megatron.
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Studio Series Voyagers Brawl and Megatron (1959206)
Posted by ZeroWolf on May 13th, 2018 @ 5:09am CDT
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Studio Series Voyagers Brawl and Megatron (1959211)
Posted by Emerje on May 13th, 2018 @ 6:24am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:I thought a Ironhide had been leaked :-? Or am I mixing it up with the mpm line?

Currently the sole Wave 3 Voyager.

Emerje
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Studio Series Voyagers Brawl and Megatron (1959221)
Posted by william-james88 on May 13th, 2018 @ 7:25am CDT

Also yeah, a voyger ratchet is more something to hope for in the MPM line.
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Studio Series Voyagers Brawl and Megatron (1959223)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 13th, 2018 @ 7:39am CDT
Even though I love my 2007 voyager Ratchet, so much that it's the only one I kept, it's still WAY too big to be in scale with anything. Maybe leader ROTF Optimus.

SS Ratchet should have been a smaller voyager like SS Optimus.
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Studio Series Voyagers Brawl and Megatron (1959224)
Posted by Black Hat on May 13th, 2018 @ 7:40am CDT
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Studio Series Voyagers Brawl and Megatron (1959226)
Posted by william-james88 on May 13th, 2018 @ 7:48am CDT
Black Hat wrote:I really wish there was a size class between Deluxe and Voyager for guys like Ratchet and Ironhide. Voyager is too big but Deluxe is too small.

There is, it's called Studio Series Optimus Prime class.

But with him being so small, deluxe for Ratchet works
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Studio Series Voyagers Brawl and Megatron (1959229)
Posted by ZeroWolf on May 13th, 2018 @ 8:12am CDT
Deluxe class...prime class...voyager class?

It's got a certain ring to it ;-)
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Studio Series Voyagers Brawl and Megatron (1959247)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 13th, 2018 @ 11:57am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

In the meatime, gimme that Megatron.

I would prefer a small voyager Ratchet to a tall skinny deluxe Ratchet. I was disappointed to learn that my stores are all going with the $20 and $30 for the classes, whereas with TLK they were $17 and $26. I would pay $10 more for Ratchet to be a bit more complex with a larger alt mode that shrinks down into robot mode.

the voyager Ratchet really fit the movie 1 and 2 aesthetic, and I liked his blockiness, even if movie Ratchet is more skinny in the legs. The voyager is more fun to transform too.

Bumblebee is extremely fiddly, especially in the legs. It's really annoying that there are several parts you need to keep forcing out of the way for the clearance to transform. His hood is also an issue cause it clamps on so tight in alt mode I was legitimately afraid I was about to break him when I finally got it loose going back to bot mode. and as I said, he is just a bit too tiny. He is a full head and a half shorter than Evac, and Evac is supposed to be smaller cause he's a frikkin Orlando Studios ride with a boxy alt mode.

I was hoping for more with both.
william-james88 wrote:Dmax, did you get your Hammer Bee yet? How does it compare to this SS one for you?

Also yeah, a voyger ratchet is more something to hope for in the MPM line.

No, I don't get him for at least another month.

And I will look forward to an MPM Ratchet.

and I don't particularly care for the "robot mode" scale they are going with. It's made Bee too small, Ratchet the wrong size class (in my opinion), and Optimus too small. And it's gonna make Jazz a slightly enlarged Legends class figure basically. I wish they would have done some tweaking, simplified some things to make the figures larger instead of more complex, and made the price point more worth it. Grimlock was worth it, Bee and Ratchet were not. Those 2 are in the $15 deluxe, not a $20.
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Studio Series Voyagers Brawl and Megatron (1959272)
Posted by First-Aid on May 13th, 2018 @ 3:46pm CDT
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Studio Series Voyagers Brawl and Megatron (1959275)
Posted by Emerje on May 13th, 2018 @ 4:06pm CDT
I was just thinking the other day when looking at the PotP Voyager section of the shelf at Walmart filled with SS Voyagers that they really should go back to Mega class for movie figures. Voyager was never a great name for the size class and is such a strange throwback to the Unicron Trilogy that has since lost all meaning. If Hasbro is still so attached to it then it should stay with Generations and Generations only and use different classes for the Movie line, especially now where SS sizes vary wildly within each class.

Emerje
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Studio Series Voyagers Brawl and Megatron (1959291)
Posted by william-james88 on May 13th, 2018 @ 7:07pm CDT
First-Aid wrote:OK...so am I the only one who thinks that Brawl's face could be perceived as ET? Seriously...same shaped face as ET. :HEADHURTS:

I think the same :)
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Studio Series Voyagers Brawl and Megatron (1959335)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on May 14th, 2018 @ 6:52am CDT

Dinosaur mode I'm confused with. I transformed it without instructions...and thought I did it wrong.. so I checked the instructions...and I seem to have done it all right from what I can see. I don't agree with the opinion that the robot arm is hidden in the chest area of the dino at all. It's blatantly there in sculpt, only slightly hiding just because of the colour scheme. The tail section confuses me most. Does none of it peg into place? And the front skirty bit of the robot mode just hangs diagonally down between the legs? Would be nice if it could fold up at the sides and cover some more of the folded up robot arm.

This is my fifth Studio Series figure but the first that I feel genuine disappointment with. Maybe I just believed the hype far too much. The detail in the sculpt is fantastic and the robot mode certainly is fun but I do feel like I paid far too much for it in general and am gonna have to pay more to improve it.

Gonna have to think long and hard if I wanna get Blackout cos i don't feel like saving up another £50+ just to feel buyer's remorse again. I'll wait for Megatron for now anyways.
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Studio Series Voyagers Brawl and Megatron (1959341)
Posted by Qwan on May 14th, 2018 @ 7:14am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Got my Grimlock. Um. Feeling a bit meh about him to be honest. Doesn't feel like I got my £52.99's worth. Robot mode is nice but I wish he had his big weapon the voyager did. Yeah I'm gonna get that upgrade kit anyways but still.

[snip]

These are pretty much my feelings on Grimlock too. I don't know if I can honestly say he's worth the $80 I put down on him, though he is still a good toy it's just a lot of money to pay for something with so many issues.

At the same time though, he's been my go-to desk toy for the last week or so. I guess I'm just having fun transforming him back and forth, even if one of those end-points is... disappointing.
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Studio Series Voyagers Brawl and Megatron (1959343)
Posted by Ironhidensh on May 14th, 2018 @ 7:16am CDT
I only spent fifty on Grimlock, and feel like I overpaid.
Re: First Global Sighting of Transformers Studio Series Voyagers Brawl and Megatron (1959344)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on May 14th, 2018 @ 7:19am CDT
Qwan wrote:

Yeah he's gonna stay on my desk a lil while so I can try warming up to him. I don't really like the transformation too much though. Mainly cos of that whole tail section and having to punch his own throat out. I've put him back into robot mode and yeah I like him much more this way (though I do wish the dino toes could have folded inwards or something cos they're too noticable to me sticking out of his heels.

I do find it rather amusing having him in dino mode but leaving the fake head unseperated so it's like he's got another head coming out of his lower back. I dunno why.

But yeah very much looking forward to the DNA Design upgrade kit to fix at least some my issues with it. The robot mode does still look pretty darn awesome and imposing and beautifully detailed. I just wish I'd got it cheaper. I didn't feel that way about my other Studio purchases which I love muchly.
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 41%
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #200 - Requiem of the Twincast
"Requiem of the Twincast"
Posted: Sunday, May 20th, 2018