First Image of 2017 LG-EX Black Convoy aka Titans Return Scourge

Transformers News: First Image of 2017 LG-EX Black Convoy aka Titans Return Scourge

Friday, April 21st, 2017 9:03AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 23,629

We newsed two months ago that 2017 would give us another Toy Show exclusive Takara Transformers LG-EX Legends Black Convoy / Scourge. We finally have an image of it from @spriggan_fuku on Twitter. It is exactly as you would imagine it with a very faithful deco on Titans Return Voyage Optimus Prime.

As with all LG-EX toys, this will be readily available at specialty importer shops online (like our site sponsors) so the only obstacle into westerners getting this would be the markup due to its Exclusivity. Previous voyager LG-EX toys were sold around the $60 price point.

Credit(s): @spriggan_fuku

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: First Image of 2017 LG-EX Black Convoy aka Titans Return Scourge (1876031)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 21st, 2017 @ 9:04am CDT
And the post-Car Robots saga continues!
Re: First Image of 2017 LG-EX Black Convoy aka Titans Return Scourge (1876033)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on April 21st, 2017 @ 9:07am CDT
Re: First Image of 2017 LG-EX Black Convoy aka Titans Return Scourge (1876034)
Posted by william-james88 on April 21st, 2017 @ 9:09am CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:I want this so badly, I will happily pay the $60 for this, as it looks gorgeous, and has none of those sh|t stickers

I hope you get it then :) I like how takara is owning up to that Jet mode. They are actually displaying it and giving it some deco.
Re: First Image of 2017 LG-EX Black Convoy aka Titans Return Scourge (1876036)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on April 21st, 2017 @ 9:12am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

I mean, why wouldn't they? Hasbro didn't because they're cheap as sh|t, but TT takes proper pride in the things they design. Though scourge does seem to have the solid grey wings just like laser prime did, but the monotone silver hull seems like it kind of pulls everything together. Can't wait for pre-orders :DANCE:
Re: First Image of 2017 LG-EX Black Convoy aka Titans Return Scourge (1876066)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on April 21st, 2017 @ 10:11am CDT
Gorgeous piece right there. The versions of the mold with black have really looked good
Re: First Image of 2017 LG-EX Black Convoy aka Titans Return Scourge (1876072)
Posted by Black Hat on April 21st, 2017 @ 10:25am CDT
Oh my, that looks delicious. If I get any version of that mold it'll be that.
Re: First Image of 2017 LG-EX Black Convoy aka Titans Return Scourge (1876092)
Posted by StJudeDad on April 21st, 2017 @ 11:08am CDT
I agree that this color scheme fits this figure particularly well. What I would love to see, and maybe it will happen with the next line after Titans Return is a true Rodimus Prime. We're getting all of these Season 3 Gen 1 figures, which is great, and I'm enjoying them immensely, but a unique non-redeco'd Rodimus Prime would be outstanding. It wouldn't have to be a leader class, although I would buy that in a heartbeat, but something that gives the character it's well deserved due.
Re: First Image of 2017 LG-EX Black Convoy aka Titans Return Scourge (1876094)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on April 21st, 2017 @ 11:09am CDT
Black Hat wrote:Oh my, that looks delicious. If I get any version of that mold it'll be that.

For the life of me, I cannot fathom why Hasbro can't just give us a random Nemesis Prime every now and then, especially since they're the one's that made the character up in Armada... seriously, they're so enthusiastic on redeco's, why not give us a cool one like this, instead of re-issuing that crappy galvatron figure :SICK:
Re: First Image of 2017 LG-EX Black Convoy aka Titans Return Scourge (1876095)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 21st, 2017 @ 11:14am CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Maybe Warden's team doesn't have the same love for black Optimus redecos that Archer's team had?
Re: First Image of 2017 LG-EX Black Convoy aka Titans Return Scourge (1876096)
Posted by william-james88 on April 21st, 2017 @ 11:15am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

yeah, Scourge isnt in G1, so Warden doesnt care :-P
Re: First Image of 2017 LG-EX Black Convoy aka Titans Return Scourge (1876097)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on April 21st, 2017 @ 11:16am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

yeah, Scourge isnt in G1, so Warden doesnt care :-P

Sounds about right :roll:
Re: First Image of 2017 LG-EX Black Convoy aka Titans Return Scourge (1876098)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on April 21st, 2017 @ 11:16am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

What Galvatron are they reissuing?
Re: First Image of 2017 LG-EX Black Convoy aka Titans Return Scourge (1876100)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on April 21st, 2017 @ 11:18am CDT
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

What Galvatron are they reissuing?

They packed galvatron with alpha trion in a revision case, guess they over-produced galvatron mistakenly assuming people would buy that piece of crap, then no one did, so they decided to stuff a revision case with it, so it could shelfwarm even harder 8-}
Re: First Image of 2017 LG-EX Black Convoy aka Titans Return Scourge (1876127)
Posted by RiddlerJ on April 21st, 2017 @ 12:23pm CDT
Oddly enough, I have no problem with this mold. Even the jet mode isn't as bad in person as I thought it would be. Octone's remolding makes it look even better.
Re: First Image of 2017 LG-EX Black Convoy aka Titans Return Scourge (1876141)
Posted by Deadput on April 21st, 2017 @ 12:57pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
yeah, Scourge isnt in G1, so Warden doesnt care :-P

Tidal Wave ain't G1 either and he gets something...
Re: First Image of 2017 LG-EX Black Convoy aka Titans Return Scourge (1876146)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 21st, 2017 @ 1:23pm CDT
Deadput wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
yeah, Scourge isnt in G1, so Warden doesnt care :-P

Tidal Wave ain't G1 either and he gets something...
Replace "isn't G1" with "isn't G1 or Armada", as Warden does seem to like Armada too.
Re: First Image of 2017 LG-EX Black Convoy aka Titans Return Scourge (1876148)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on April 21st, 2017 @ 1:24pm CDT
Deadput wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
yeah, Scourge isnt in G1, so Warden doesnt care :-P

Tidal Wave ain't G1 either and he gets something...

Yeah, that legitimately surprises me, that it's someone from armada and not someone g1 like flattop, maybe they want to keep the rights to the name tidalwave :-?
Re: First Image of 2017 LG-EX Black Convoy aka Titans Return Scourge (1876151)
Posted by Deadput on April 21st, 2017 @ 1:28pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Deadput wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
yeah, Scourge isnt in G1, so Warden doesnt care :-P

Tidal Wave ain't G1 either and he gets something...

I thought Nemesis was Armada as well wasn't he?

Hellscream9999 wrote:

Yeah but who is asking for Flattop besides his 10 fans?
Re: First Image of 2017 LG-EX Black Convoy aka Titans Return Scourge (1876152)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 21st, 2017 @ 1:29pm CDT
Deadput wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Deadput wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
yeah, Scourge isnt in G1, so Warden doesnt care :-P

Tidal Wave ain't G1 either and he gets something...

I thought Nemesis was Armada as well wasn't he?
Will said Scourge, though, not Nemesis. ;)
Re: First Image of 2017 LG-EX Black Convoy aka Titans Return Scourge (1876156)
Posted by Deadput on April 21st, 2017 @ 1:32pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Will said Scourge, though, not Nemesis. ;)

Can we cheat and just say that their the same character with a different name you know like Optimus and Convoy eh?

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS ARMADA UNICRON w/ DEAD END MINI-CON FIGURE  Factory Sealed MIB - Time Remaining: 18 days 3 hours 57 minutes 20 seconds
Transformers G1 Takara Hasbro Original Figure Crosshairs Complete 1986 - Time Remaining: 8 days 1 hour 4 minutes 46 seconds
Transformers Generations War For Cybertron WFC Megatron FIGURE COMPLETE - Time Remaining: 1 day 17 hours 6 minutes 23 seconds
Transformers Dark of the Moon DOTM Deluxe Class Cyberfire Bumblebee - Time Remaining: 20 days 11 hours 13 minutes 52 seconds
Transformers Armada Giga-Cons Tidal Wave + Ramjet Hasbro robot toy 2003 complete - Time Remaining: 25 days 3 hours 15 minutes 47 seconds
Transformers Universe Optimus Primal 2003 with CD-ROM NIB Beast - Time Remaining: 8 days 5 hours 16 minutes 28 seconds
Takara Transformers Galaxy Force Cybertron GC-10 Nitro Convoy Override Figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 17 hours 16 minutes 38 seconds
HASBRO@Mi Transformers Special Version Sonic Toy Gold Version NEW - Time Remaining: 6 days 22 hours 18 minutes 1 second
Website Security Test