First image of Combiner Wars Sunstreaker and Mirage

First image of Combiner Wars Sunstreaker and Mirage

Friday, March 6th, 2015 3:48pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 91,474

Online retailer, thetoyshop.com has a banner which boasts a wider shot of a previously leaked cryptic image, which was far more truncated. Since then we have known that the Ultra Prime white redeco will be called Optimus Maximus. The wider shot of this piece of art gives us what could possibly be our first look at Sunstreaker and Mirage, repaints of Breakdown and Dragstrip, as the arms of Optimus Maximus. This presumption is based on their color schemes.

Transformers News: First image of Combiner Wars Sunstreaker and Mirage

Credit(s): thetoyshop.com

Re: First image of Combiner Wars Sunstreaker and Mirage (1659824)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 6th, 2015 @ 3:58pm CST

Is it just me, or is this a record? Do we normally know the entire lineup by March?
Re: First image of Combiner Wars Sunstreaker and Mirage (1659826)
Posted by griftimus prime on March 6th, 2015 @ 4:10pm CST
Re: First image of Combiner Wars Sunstreaker and Mirage (1659828)
Posted by Editor on March 6th, 2015 @ 4:12pm CST
griftimus prime wrote:who needs computron and abominus when you have optimus maximus and a bunch of repaints

Better the devil we know we will be getting (OpMax) then something we have no idea is even on their drawing boards (Abominus).
Re: First image of Combiner Wars Sunstreaker and Mirage (1659830)
Posted by william-james88 on March 6th, 2015 @ 4:16pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:And I just realized, that if those are indeed general retail, we now have the full CW lineup for the year: all 11 Legends, all 16 Deluxes and all 6 Voyagers. We had 4 Deluxe slots open and 1 Voyager one, and those could be it.

I thought we had realized that back with the last batch of computer listings. I have just taken it all as fact from then. While we know the line up, we still dont have official pics which will wait for SDCC or Botcon. We still have Leader Starscream to reveal as well as the 4 autobots, galvatronus (the torso), Optimus Maximus and all those G1 reissues, this year's Hasbro MPs and G2 Devastator. It sounds like the same amount of stuff that they revealed at those shows last year. And then we'll have whats coming out next year (computron and hopefully Bruticus). I think its about the same in terms of official reveals.
Re: First image of Combiner Wars Sunstreaker and Mirage (1659831)
Posted by Shuttershock on March 6th, 2015 @ 4:18pm CST

Bruticus: I'M READY TO GO, GUYS! TAG ME IN!
Re: First image of Combiner Wars Sunstreaker and Mirage (1659834)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 6th, 2015 @ 4:21pm CST
william-james88 wrote:

True, but I like my grains of salt, keeping changes, possible errors and even red herrings in mind :)
Re: First image of Combiner Wars Sunstreaker and Mirage (1659837)
Posted by ZeroWolf on March 6th, 2015 @ 4:28pm CST
I still find it odd that they are essentially releasing two primes in the line. Though it looks like these won't be exclusives if they are on the promotional materials.
Re: First image of Combiner Wars Sunstreaker and Mirage (1659840)
Posted by peaces on March 6th, 2015 @ 4:36pm CST
white prime will be ultra magnus to me. and i will use him with the autobot repaints since i don't like the regular prime torso.
Re: First image of Combiner Wars Sunstreaker and Mirage (1659845)
Posted by CrankyOldTruck on March 6th, 2015 @ 4:45pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Well, you're out of luck for next year then because we've seen or heard of everything there is.
Bruticus will just be a mix up of this years figures with slight tweaks and Computron will be the same too. I'll have to amend what I said previously that if we buy everything through Wave 3 we'll have the entire two years worth already. Make that wave 4 instead. Put big guns on the back of Hot Spot and you have Onslaught, etc, etc... same old lazy Hasbro antics.
I don't know why the pic of Sunstreaker and half of Mirage is even a big deal. It shows us exactly squat.
Re: First image of Combiner Wars Sunstreaker and Mirage (1659847)
Posted by Cobotron on March 6th, 2015 @ 4:55pm CST
I'm usually a sucker for Magy white Prime repaints, and now I'm kind of wishing I didn't get regular Prime. I will definitely get the Autobot limbs, as they fulfill a childhood dream. Only childhood dream left is Jedi powers and a functioning lightsaber. :-P
Re: First image of Combiner Wars Sunstreaker and Mirage (1659848)
Posted by Flashwave on March 6th, 2015 @ 4:56pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Samsonator wrote:Still a better Ironhide than Universe.
I might be inclined to disagree with that, partially. While I wholeheartedly agree with the shortcomings of the Universe Ironhide figure, it still very much resembled Ironhide. Whereas this figure, while likely being a much better figure than Universe in almost every regard, is but a non-Ironhide body with Ironhide's head slapped onto it.

It's definitely gonna be a better toy that Universe Ironhide, but aside from the head, it's just not as Ironhide-y as Universe Ironhide.

If he didn't have so many gaps in his panneling, I'd love him. But he looks like a broken plate to me. As it is, I liked the Arms Micron Ironhide, except for size. So maybe this version of Ironhide can draw on the Arms Micron/Prime Ironhide asthetic while giving him the bulk needed to be Ironhide, and not some really tiny truck
Re: First image of Combiner Wars Sunstreaker and Mirage (1659854)
Posted by SFXPrime on March 6th, 2015 @ 5:08pm CST
Re: First image of Combiner Wars Sunstreaker and Mirage (1659858)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 6th, 2015 @ 5:16pm CST
CrankyOldTruck wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

We've seen all there is for this year, nothing beyond yet. That is to say, that image is the final nail in the coffin for other possible teams for this year, hence all the excitement. All we need is a mold ID for Prowl and we're all set.
That does not mean we'll get nothing new in the (possible) 2nd year. We still have pretools unaccounted like Firefly's (Slingshot doesn't count), Blades' (I'm only counting those with body changes as well), Rook's, and Hot Spot's, plus a new year means new molds (budgets are planned per year, not per line).
The rumored Computron and Bruticus, in addition to Slingshot, Wildrider and other rumored figures may still happen, just not this year.
Re: First image of Combiner Wars Sunstreaker and Mirage (1659865)
Posted by Cobotron on March 6th, 2015 @ 5:20pm CST
SFXPrime wrote:I would be all over the Mirage/Dragstrip repaint and White Optimus. Are these for sure coming out or is this just promotional artwork?
Nothing is for sure, but there have been a good amount of clues that point to "yes". (fingers crossed)
Re: First image of Combiner Wars Sunstreaker and Mirage (1659866)
Posted by munkimus prime on March 6th, 2015 @ 5:22pm CST

Optimus Maximus looks cool and I don't care if the limbs are all repaints of Previous figures. Saves all the new moulds for the other Combiners later on.
Re: First image of Combiner Wars Sunstreaker and Mirage (1659879)
Posted by Randomhero on March 6th, 2015 @ 5:41pm CST
Oh wow that post back in December when someone found all those names in a store database and I said ironhide is Offroad retool, mirage is dragstrip retool, sunstreaker is Breakdown retool and everyone said 'no no that's not it! And if it is it's going to be a Walmart exclusive only not the final wave for 2015!' Turned out to be true. Go figure.
Re: First image of Combiner Wars Sunstreaker and Mirage (1659883)
Posted by shajaki on March 6th, 2015 @ 5:48pm CST
munkimus prime wrote:Wait where did it say we're getting a Bruticus in this line and that Onslaught's a Remould of Hotspot?

I don't exactly recall where, but there was a bit of news a while back not specifically about Bruticus or Computron, it said Onslaught(Hotspot retool) and Scattorshot(Silverbolt retool). But where theres two new CW torso's theres likely team mates to follow ;)
Re: First image of Combiner Wars Sunstreaker and Mirage (1659885)
Posted by peaces on March 6th, 2015 @ 5:51pm CST
there were computer listings for computron and bruticus.
Re: First image of Combiner Wars Sunstreaker and Mirage (1659887)
Posted by peaces on March 6th, 2015 @ 5:55pm CST
Re: First image of Combiner Wars Sunstreaker and Mirage (1659900)
Posted by ZeroWolf on March 6th, 2015 @ 6:44pm CST
I reckon there will be some new molds on each time, like afterburner which takara will nab to make their deluxe Groove.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Classics Universe Sunstreaker With Reprolabels" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron: Earthrise Deluxe WFC-E20 Smokescreen" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE MINI CON DEPLOYERS FRACTURE AIRAZOR MISB 2014" on EBAY
Buy "New Authentic Transformers Combiner Wars Defensor Lot of 7. Protectobots MISB." on EBAY
Buy "Brand New Transformers Bot Shots Battle Game Series 1 Mirage L@@K!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro Combiner Wars Deluxe Smokescreen" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro Combiner Wars Legends Rodimus loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the primes POTP Leader Rodimus Prime" on EBAY