Friday, May 20th, 2011 8:36am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 62,405

Japanese Transformers News blog - Autobase Aichi has posted the first image of Takara Transformers "Dark Side Moon" Dark Side Optimus Prime. This figure is exclusive to Japan convenience store - Lawson, and it is a part of the campaign of the upcoming live action movie in Japan.

Interested party need to purchase the Transformers Dark Side Moon (Or Transformers Dark Of The Moon) movie ticket from Lawson before entitle to purchase the figure. Total cost of the figure plus movie ticket is Japanese Yen 6760.
The delivery of the figure is scheduled on 9th August 2011.

Dark Side Optimus Prime is a black repaint version of Hunt For The Decepticons Voyager Class Battle Blades Optimus Prime.

Seibertron, Ultimate Transformers Resource!

Credit(s): Autobase Aichi, Lawson

Re: First Image of Lawson Exclusive Transformers Dark Side Moon - Dark Side Optimus Prime (1225702)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on May 20th, 2011 @ 8:45am CDT

It's funny that the US got a domestic release of "Starry" Prime featuring hooks, and Japan is now getting a release with blades.
Re: First Image of Lawson Exclusive Transformers Dark Side Moon - Dark Side Optimus Prime (1225703)
Posted by RhA on May 20th, 2011 @ 8:47am CDT
Sweet figure, sweet colors.I want it, but I'll never buy it.
Re: First Image of Lawson Exclusive Transformers Dark Side Moon - Dark Side Optimus Prime (1225704)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 20th, 2011 @ 8:47am CDT
Razorclaw0000 wrote:Pretty sexy. I love the red edged blades. Looks like he just went Kill Bill on everyone.

I was about to say that. I still don't know which I'd prefer, the Japanese has better colors and the silver matrix, while the US has the swords but an unpainted matrix.
Re: First Image of Lawson Exclusive Transformers Dark Side Moon - Dark Side Optimus Prime (1225712)
Posted by Rated X on May 20th, 2011 @ 9:07am CDT
Im not a fan of Black Primes. I like bule Primes better. I did pick up the one with the stars at walmart for only $17.99 and it comes with a free deluxe repaint. Great deal.
Re: First Image of Lawson Exclusive Transformers Dark Side Moon - Dark Side Optimus Prime (1225729)
Posted by adamassc on May 20th, 2011 @ 9:26am CDT
This looks like Scourge from RiD got a Bayverse makeover.
Re: First Image of Lawson Exclusive Transformers Dark Side Moon - Dark Side Optimus Prime (1225732)
Posted by ConBotFormer on May 20th, 2011 @ 9:30am CDT
To bad it's not a leader. Would make one hell of a Nemesis Prime.
Re: First Image of Lawson Exclusive Transformers Dark Side Moon - Dark Side Optimus Prime (1225765)
Posted by Tigertrack on May 20th, 2011 @ 10:25am CDT
Black Prime limited repaint. Do I want it? No. I've been burned enough time on these when a comparable figure is released exclusively across the way, and then released here also.

Lawson's Blackout is the big one for me... I am very selective after that debacle.
Re: First Image of Lawson Exclusive Transformers Dark Side Moon - Dark Side Optimus Prime (1225766)
Posted by Downbeat on May 20th, 2011 @ 10:26am CDT
Downright gorgeous. Big fan of black Prime repaints, and the red edged blades make me think of my favorite, Scourge.
Re: First Image of Lawson Exclusive Transformers Dark Side Moon - Dark Side Optimus Prime (1225809)
Posted by rpetras on May 20th, 2011 @ 11:48am CDT
Does anyone have a preorder up for this guy yet?

ConBotFormer wrote:To bad it's not a leader. Would make one hell of a Nemesis Prime.

They did that already.

There is even a gallery for it:

Re: First Image of Lawson Exclusive Transformers Dark Side Moon - Dark Side Optimus Prime (1225815)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on May 20th, 2011 @ 11:56am CDT
BBTS does, but I hope it comes with a tube of lube:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

I have it for now, but if I can secure a cheaper alternative I will.
Re: First Image of Lawson Exclusive Transformers Dark Side Moon - Dark Side Optimus Prime (1225822)
Posted by Blurrz on May 20th, 2011 @ 12:03pm CDT
Re: First Image of Lawson Exclusive Transformers Dark Side Moon - Dark Side Optimus Prime (1225825)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 20th, 2011 @ 12:19pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:Wow, the color scheme is a lot more impressive than I expected. Almost IDW The Fallen like. Too bad he's so expensive. and still has Autobot symbols?

Evil clones are like so last tuesday, black good guys are like all the rage in Japan. I should get myself one.
Re: First Image of Lawson Exclusive Transformers Dark Side Moon - Dark Side Optimus Prime (1225826)
Posted by rpetras on May 20th, 2011 @ 12:20pm CDT
Razorclaw0000 wrote:BBTS does, but I hope it comes with a tube of lube:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

I have it for now, but if I can secure a cheaper alternative I will.

Yea, OWW!

I put it on preorder too, but I suspect someone will have it for a but less than that.

If you spot a better deal let me know.

I did the yen conversion and it works out to over $80, so he won't be cheap in any event.
Re: First Image of Lawson Exclusive Transformers Dark Side Moon - Dark Side Optimus Prime (1225830)
Posted by Blurrz on May 20th, 2011 @ 12:29pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

YOU ARE NOT COUNTERPUNCHING ME.

I WILL NOT BUY THIS!

*runs away*
Re: First Image of Lawson Exclusive Transformers Dark Side Moon - Dark Side Optimus Prime (1225834)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on May 20th, 2011 @ 12:42pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

YOU ARE NOT COUNTERPUNCHING ME.

I WILL NOT BUY THIS!

*runs away*

Re: First Image of Lawson Exclusive Transformers Dark Side Moon - Dark Side Optimus Prime (1225858)
Posted by The Variable on May 20th, 2011 @ 1:52pm CDT
Re: First Image of Lawson Exclusive Transformers Dark Side Moon - Dark Side Optimus Prime (1225869)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on May 20th, 2011 @ 2:11pm CDT
I don't care for the gold/yellow coloring.
Re: First Image of Lawson Exclusive Transformers Dark Side Moon - Dark Side Optimus Prime (1225871)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on May 20th, 2011 @ 2:11pm CDT
The Variable wrote:I wonder why, after all this time, this mold is still being pictured without its "complete" transformation. The undocumented steps like extending the front bumper for the heel, or adjusting the arm panels to give more hand clearance. Even the "collarbone" effect of the cab windows is largely ignored. That said, it's still a sweet repaint.

This looks like a photoshop job over the original stock photos, which were equally wrong.
Re: First Image of Lawson Exclusive Transformers Dark Side Moon - Dark Side Optimus Prime (1225881)
Posted by robofreak on May 20th, 2011 @ 2:24pm CDT
Razorclaw0000 wrote:Hello, Blurrz, look at your Prime, now back to me, now back at your Prime, now back to me. Sadly, it isn’t Lawson's, but if you stopped being thrifty and gave into the Counterpunching, it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re next to a shelf with the Prime your Prime could look like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s a Lawson's Dark Side Prime homaging Black Fire Convoy. Look again, the Prime is now Shining Unicron. Anything is possible when your Prime looks like Lawson's and not ordinary. I’m not Counterpunch.

That is the best line ever. Can we get this put to a commercial in the style of the Old Spice Man?
Re: First Image of Lawson Exclusive Transformers Dark Side Moon - Dark Side Optimus Prime (1225890)
Posted by noctorro on May 20th, 2011 @ 2:35pm CDT
OMG, he looks great! To bad it's an exclusive, that voyager ROTF Optimus Prime mold is awesome, just like the Leader class Buster Prime.
I hope they'll repaint that mold as much as they did the Movie 1 voyager (didn't like the mold but it had a crazy amount of repaints)

Side question, is it confirmed that there's going to be a DOTM Leader class Megatron?

Why doesn't Hasbro repaint cool molds? I'd love to see some inverted colours repaints.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers G1 Walmart retro Headmasters Wave 1 set of 4 Brainstorm Mindwipe!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Skullcruncher" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Headmaster Reissue Hardhead Chromedome Brainstorm Mindwipe Set of 4" on EBAY
Buy "** 2014 - WINDCHARGER Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class **" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Headmaster Skullcruncher" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS THE LAST KNIGHT PREMIER EDITION DELUXE DINOBOT SLUG NEW IN BOX" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Heroes Of Cybertron: Generation One Collection Grimlock." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe DINOBOT SLUDGE Figure Hasbro 2017" on EBAY