First Image of Studio Series 86 Movie Voyager Scourge

First Image of Studio Series 86 Movie Voyager Scourge

Sunday, September 20th, 2020 11:48pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 33,606

Ok so we all got a good look at the first 86 movie outing to enter the Studio Series line, with the Hot Rod review. Right after, we got a grainy image of voyager Scourge, who will also be in this line. We first got a grainy image from Cybertron Philippines but Protoman spent 2 hours on photoshop to straighten it out and that is what you can see below. As you can see, it is much closer to the animation model than any Scourge we previously got. So, will you be getting it, will you army build, and more importantly, what will you do with all those other sweeps of yours?

Transformers News: First Image of Studio Series 86 Movie Voyager Scourge

Credit(s): Protoman

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: First Image of Studio Series 86 Movie Voyager Scourge (2080867)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on September 20th, 2020 @ 11:53pm CDT
I was originally only planning to get Hot Rod, Grimlock, and Slag, but Scourge looks really good. The wings are looking really nice
Re: First Image of Studio Series 86 Movie Voyager Scourge (2080868)
Posted by Solrac333 on September 20th, 2020 @ 11:55pm CDT
Ton Ton review in 3...2...1...
Re: First Image of Studio Series 86 Movie Voyager Scourge (2080869)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 20th, 2020 @ 11:56pm CDT
It's unfortunate that his vehicle mode shell pieces just hang off his back unchanged like that instead of folding out to form flatter, more cape/cloak-like wings that his animation model, Titanium toy, and Generations toy all had.
Re: First Image of Studio Series 86 Movie Voyager Scourge (2080870)
Posted by Percepter on September 20th, 2020 @ 11:56pm CDT
Emerje wrote:It's always annoying when they don't plan out the parts right and we end up with parts that are the wrong color. Makes me wonder if at some point they had intended to mold that sprue in his regular red and paint the spoiler yellow like some versions of the original Classics figure.

Agreed. I can't stand it when they just color a piece a random color for some reason, which I'm sure is due to poor planning, as you said.

Emerje wrote:
Percepter wrote:Also, MP-01's grill is not fake.

It is. They don't even have the same patern.

Oof, you got me there. Shows how long it's been since I've transformed my MP-01. I know THS-02 uses the same grill in truck mode and bot mode, so I guess I was misremembering MP-01 due to that.

A thought:

If SS86 is meant to be a catchall for the movie figures who don't make it into WFCT, does this mean that Perceptor, Blaster, Blitzwing, and some of the other characters we haven't gotten in WFCT will show up in the SS86 line as well?

-Percepter
Re: First Image of Studio Series 86 Movie Voyager Scourge (2080871)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on September 21st, 2020 @ 12:08am CDT
Percepter wrote:A thought:

-Percepter

Now, what he meant by "main cast" wasn't initially entirely clear, but based on his clarification it probably means the ones that were actually, like, notable characters in more than a scene or two, meaning Blaster and Blitzeing probably don't qualify for his statement.
Re: First Image of Studio Series 86 Movie Voyager Scourge (2080874)
Posted by Percepter on September 21st, 2020 @ 1:10am CDT
Jeddostotle7 wrote:One of the trustworthy leakers has said that, of the main 86 movie characters that didn't yet get toys in the WFC trilogy, all of them are getting updates in Kingdom and Studio Series 86… except for 1. Most people have interpreted that as Perceptor.

Blaster was introduced in the movie, and most people think of the movie when they think of him. I think he has enough presence to be considered "main cast".

-Percepter
Re: First Image of Studio Series 86 Movie Voyager Scourge (2080875)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on September 21st, 2020 @ 1:20am CDT
Percepter wrote:

-Percepter

Blaster was introduced in Season 2, actually. It wasn't until the movie that any of his Mini Cassette partners were introduced, though, as they were all part of the 1986 toyline, while Blaster was part of the 1985 line-up.
Re: First Image of Studio Series 86 Movie Voyager Scourge (2080876)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on September 21st, 2020 @ 1:26am CDT
Percepter wrote:

-Percepter

Re: First Image of Studio Series 86 Movie Voyager Scourge (2080877)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on September 21st, 2020 @ 2:10am CDT
Re: First Image of Studio Series 86 Movie Voyager Scourge (2080878)
Posted by ZeroWolf on September 21st, 2020 @ 2:13am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I really hope Hot Rod is misstransformed in car mode, or there's some defect to the copy of the toy because those gaps really kill the toy for me. Everything else is perfect, for a deluxe. I hope they're not making voyagers that are smaller than other voyagers just for the sake of scale.

While he's scaled to deluxe level, its the accessories and parts count that push him over to the Voyager price point
Re: First Image of Studio Series 86 Movie Voyager Scourge (2080887)
Posted by Emerje on September 21st, 2020 @ 3:12am CDT

I'm positive he didn't connect the front right, you can see how it's supposed to come together. He was either being extra careful, it's broken, or it came off the QC reject pile and just wont stay together.

The price is unfortunate, but it's not the first time a Deluxe SS figure cost more for coming with more. SS Drift with the Baby Dinobots cost $26.99 and I would say Hot Rod is a much more impressive figure, though I don't think his accessory count is all that great and probably has little to do with his price.

Emerje
Re: First Image of Studio Series 86 Movie Voyager Scourge (2080894)
Posted by william-james88 on September 21st, 2020 @ 7:32am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote: I hope they're not making voyagers that are smaller than other voyagers just for the sake of scale.

They've been doing that for 2 years now.

Re: First Image of Studio Series 86 Movie Voyager Scourge (2080895)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 21st, 2020 @ 7:55am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

They've been doing that for 2 years now.

As long that the "meat" if the figure match the price point if it's class, I'm fine with it.
Re: First Image of Studio Series 86 Movie Voyager Scourge (2080896)
Posted by DMSL on September 21st, 2020 @ 8:24am CDT
I will probably stick with my Legends Headmaster Scourge and Sweeps.
Re: First Image of Studio Series 86 Movie Voyager Scourge (2080900)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 21st, 2020 @ 9:01am CDT
Hot Rod and Scourge look rad as hell, but Christ I’m tired of all these leaks. Leave some for PulseCon for chrissakes. :roll:
Re: First Image of Studio Series 86 Movie Voyager Scourge (2080914)
Posted by Percepter on September 21st, 2020 @ 9:58am CDT
Jeddostotle7 wrote:Blaster actually appears quite frequently in Season 2, even having a focus episode, Blaster Blues, as well as sharing main character status with Tracks for an episode or two. The 86 Movie was by no means his first appearance, though I do agree he is decently associated with it anyway. Still, he doesn't really appear in a whole lot of the movie. He only really speaks in one scene of the movie to my recollection, and doesn't appear visually much more than that. Compared to even someone like Perceptor, I don't think that's "main cast" status enough to qualify for what the leaker was talking about.

Oof, I thought that was in season 3. I still think that he counts as main cast. He got a lot more screentime than Jazz did.

-Percepter
Re: First Image of Studio Series 86 Movie Voyager Scourge (2080916)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 21st, 2020 @ 10:01am CDT
Percepter wrote:

-Percepter
Season 3 didn't have any of the 1985 Autobot Cars in it. And Blaster never made it into space during the movie; he was left behind at Autobot City when the two Autobot shuttles launched, and didn't reappear again until the very last scene of the movie with Rodimus Prime's speech on Cybertron. He completely missed out on all the Quintessa, Junk, and Unicron stuff in the movie.
Re: First Image of Studio Series 86 Movie Voyager Scourge (2080917)
Posted by Lexomatic on September 21st, 2020 @ 10:03am CDT
Color me provisionally impressed, given the limitations of a single image.

Pluses: Face sculpt and coloring, bodily proportions, the wings adequately evoke the shape of the G1 animation model. Waist swivel?

Potential minuses avoided: The limbs aren't hollow, only two screws(?) are visible (at the upper tips of the wings), the hex-sockets (on the forearms) aren't intrusive nor the unavoidable design-for-assembly rectangular gaps (biceps and thighs), it's not *obviously* a shellformer (but there might be additional backpack-panels obscured by this angle).

Potential for customizers: Sculpted detail that can be enhanced with an ink-wash or panel-lining marker, toes have a straight edge so can be masked/painted pink to match the animation model.
Re: First Image of Studio Series 86 Movie Voyager Scourge (2080923)
Posted by Overcracker on September 21st, 2020 @ 10:30am CDT
Well damn if that’s not a fingerlickin’ good lookin’ Hot Rod.

Wonder what the rest of the parts are going to be to qualify for a Voyager price point. There’s clearly not enough plastic there for that.

Have PotP Rod coming soon, so that will have to hold me over until this masterpiece is released,
Re: First Image of Studio Series 86 Movie Voyager Scourge (2080926)
Posted by sol magnus on September 21st, 2020 @ 11:05am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Ok so first of all, this was me watching the video:

Now, onto the comments

Ultra Markus wrote:thats the most incredible non MP hotrod so far
now for kup and blur how well they will look

I preffer it to MP Hot Rod, especially with how solid the build is with the shoulders and how the back of the car goes into the legs. It makes for a cleaner backpack. Plus we don,t get a sense that we see his innards as much here and his silhouette is not distorted by useless kibble. I will be looking at my MP in a whole different light now.

o.supreme wrote:Looks Cool, but not in my range of collecting. I am glad for those who are excited. I will make one observation however... I'm not sure where the idea started that SS 86 toys were intended for kingdom, but just wouldn't fit in that line up, but I think we can put that to rest. Like or hate them, it seems these toys were always intended for SS.

I feel the exact opposite. The amount of extra detailing make this much more like a WFC figure and we saw Cheetor and Balckarachnia, they don't have 5mm ports all over. This feels a lot more like a kingdom figure to me. Not saying you are wrong, but the fact that both you and I can use this video to confirm our theories means that it isn't straight cut one way or the other.

TulioDude wrote:I'm just waiting for the Last Knight Hot Rod.

I don't have to wait, I have 2 of them. One from TLK toyline and the WWII version from Studio Series. Plus, the fact that my Lockdown is the SSLockdown means that the TLK Hotrod has a transformation and design that is fully unique to my collection.

o.supreme wrote:I actually look at ER Prime and SS 86 Hotrod and see no similarities, they look like they belong in completely different lines because they are.

They are different designs from different eras and if Hot Rod was released in the Kingdom line then they still would be from 2 different lines. Once again, the same evidence you present can be interpreted against the idea that this was always for SS. Nothing is definitive.

Emerje wrote:Really thought I would see more complaints about how terrible the back of Hot Rod's car mode looks.

It bugged me as soon as I saw it, but then again it is a 30$ figure, there had to be some sacrifices, so I can't stay mad at that for too long.

Seibertron wrote:I think Studio Series Hot Rod might be the first figure that I've ever thought ... "wow, this $20 Transformers toy looks way better than the $100+ Masterpiece figure."

It will be a $30 figure, but yeah, I too preffer it to the MP. And I am pretty sure the car mode closes up better.

Yeah. Great job, because that's how I felt.

All these guys crying and kvetching about hoods. GOH.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #261 - Ratchets, Tigers and Planes
"Ratchets, Tigers and Planes"
Posted: Sunday, October 11th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Dark Of The Moon Cyberverse Blackout Dotm Scorponok" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Machines Deluxe Maximal Blackarachnia MOSC New." on EBAY
Buy "Hallmark Itty Bitty Bittys MEGATRON Hasbro Transformers new with tag Plush nwt" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Ultra Magnus new sealed mosc commander" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers Legends LG-17 Blackarachnia Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon ARK Cyberverse Ship's GUN Parts" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron SHRUTE Skywarp Masters's BLAST EFFECTS Part" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon ARK Cyberverse Ship's MISSILE Part" on EBAY