First Image of Titans Return Krok and Quake

Transformers News: First Image of Titans Return Krok and Quake

Friday, January 6th, 2017 7:49AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 34,511

It's interesting how we saw images for the Combiner Wars G2 repaints almost a year before they were released and yet still haven't seen anything regarding Titans Return Krok and Quake which are coming out in less than a month (in some areas). Well, thanks to Albatross250 we finally have our first look at Quake and Krok in a small image of all 5 2017 wave 2 deluxes without their heads. This confirms that they are indeed straight redecos of Skullsmasher and Hardhead. We also see Topspin who looks like a new mold. If you are the owner of this image, please let us know so that we can give you the deserved credit.

Transformers News: First Image of Titans Return Krok and Quake
Re: First Image of Titans Return Krok and Quake (1850783)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on January 6th, 2017 @ 7:51am CST
william-james88 wrote:I hope you get to read this response because there is something fun I noticed and wanted to share. I too found it too bad that they were turning everyone into a headmaster especially when John Warden first said that the Titan Masters would be what all the "masters" are called. I thought that just meant you would have diversified tiny bots that would all be bought under the titan master class. But then I realized that while poorly advertized, the titan masters can be used as both headmasters and targetmasters. Notice how all the titan master vehicles have weapon modes and in each of those modes, we are asked to place the titan master within it, as part of it. Like Apeface's titan master weapon configuration. In that case, the titan master, becomes a target master by fusing with the weapon mode.

Plus, look at all the weapons that come with the deluxes and voyagers. All of these weapons can have the titan master pilot them, once again having the titan master interact with the weapon rather than be a head. G1 didnt have that interaction between headmasters and weapons.

So now I see what Hasbro was going for when they said that titan masters would replace all the "masters", at least in the way that they interact as both headmasters and target masters, in this new take on it. Like that the titan masters can interact with all the bots in different ways and different configurations while being either heads or adding to the firepower.

It's not only the head and target masters, but the titan masters also can combine with the vehicle modes on many of the releases to also emulate the power masters as well. Brawn is a great example. He can be a head, he can pilot the motorcycle thingy, be the engine for the offroad truck or a part of the gun.
Re: First Image of Titans Return Krok and Quake (1850785)
Posted by jogunwarrior on January 6th, 2017 @ 8:12am CST
I rather like this figure and I think he looks pretty fun. I have the Generations version, but don't like him nearly as much as I should, though I am not much of a Kup fan. Plus, my Generations version has a super loose and wobbly head.

I think I am looking forward to this wave of Deluxe figures more than any of the others in this line...so far.
Re: First Image of Titans Return Krok and Quake (1850786)
Posted by RiddlerJ on January 6th, 2017 @ 8:40am CST
Hope we get a Twin Twist retool from Topspin.
Re: First Image of Titans Return Krok and Quake (1850787)
Posted by Nexus Knight on January 6th, 2017 @ 8:42am CST
No promises on that TR Kup head not being wobbly. :-P I love Titans Return, but man are those figures heads wobbly.
Re: First Image of Titans Return Krok and Quake (1850789)
Posted by Microraptor on January 6th, 2017 @ 8:42am CST
Quake looks great. Krok looks decent, but I hate the Skullsmasher mold.
Re: First Image of Titans Return Krok and Quake (1850791)
Posted by william-james88 on January 6th, 2017 @ 8:55am CST
We just saw the first image of Krok and Quake and now we get to see what their heads look like. This is courtesy of TFND's Facebook page. Below each is an image of their G1 counterparts for you to see where some of the design is coming from.

Transformers G1 1990 Krok with Gatoraider Gallery

Transformers G1 1988 Quake Gallery
Re: First Image of Titans Return Krok and Quake (1850792)
Posted by Kurona on January 6th, 2017 @ 9:08am CST
I'm not a big fan of using Skullsmasher for Krok, but I'll be damned if that's not a beautiful facesculpt. Perfect.

And, of course, it looks just like him.

Re: First Image of Titans Return Krok and Quake (1850793)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 6th, 2017 @ 9:14am CST

Action Master Krok weren't no blockhead. :P
Re: First Image of Titans Return Krok and Quake (1850794)
Posted by william-james88 on January 6th, 2017 @ 9:17am CST
Sabrblade wrote:Looking at that new noggin for Krok... yeah, this is one instance where I feel the Club did in better, to be frank.

Action Master Krok weren't no blockhead. :P

I think that toy is superior simply for the alt mode use. it gives h the right kibble in robot mode.

And can anyone confirm if those are the movie decepticon symbols we see on these guys?
Re: First Image of Titans Return Krok and Quake (1850795)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on January 6th, 2017 @ 9:19am CST
Re: First Image of Titans Return Krok and Quake (1850797)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on January 6th, 2017 @ 9:31am CST
Bumblebee21 wrote:darn i dont want to get quake but that face. idk if i will get him tho. im trying to cut down on characters i dont know or repaints bc i have some mps/3rd party to get

That was my exact thought too. I really don't want a repaint of Hardhead, but that head sculpt is fantastic!
Re: First Image of Titans Return Krok and Quake (1850798)
Posted by RiddlerJ on January 6th, 2017 @ 9:37am CST
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:

I like Quake enough to pick him up. It's nice to see him get a new toy.

Krok is less inspired. It's good for people who want the character to be able to get him, but I snagged to the TFCC one and it was perfect. The mold was right. Good headsculpt, and he came with Gatoraider and Nightracer.
Re: First Image of Titans Return Krok and Quake (1850799)
Posted by GuyIncognito on January 6th, 2017 @ 9:41am CST
Re: First Image of Titans Return Krok and Quake (1850800)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on January 6th, 2017 @ 9:42am CST
GuyIncognito wrote:I don't think Topspin is a "new" mold. I think it's a remold of the Highbrow mold.

you just started it
Re: First Image of Titans Return Krok and Quake (1850801)
Posted by GuyIncognito on January 6th, 2017 @ 9:43am CST
Bumblebee21 wrote:

you just started it

Started what?
Re: First Image of Titans Return Krok and Quake (1850802)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on January 6th, 2017 @ 9:45am CST
GuyIncognito wrote:
Bumblebee21 wrote:

you just started it

Started what?

the remold wars
Re: First Image of Titans Return Krok and Quake (1850803)
Posted by o.supreme on January 6th, 2017 @ 9:48am CST
leokearon wrote:Hasbro seem to be slipping back into CW habits again. While I don't mind turning people in Headmasters, I wish they would actually do the "masters" - Head/Target/Power first before throwing in misc characters.

Still no sign of: Hosehead, Crosshairs, Sureshot, Pointblank, Misfire, Slugslinger, Cyclonus, Joyride, Snapdragon, Slapdash, Dreadwind, Darkwing, Scorponok, Scoop, Quickmix, Spinster, Needlenose, Landfill, Doubledealer

That's about 19 toys that should be made before anyone else.

I was *kind of* stating the same sentiment earlier. However since these are not prominent icons like Optimus, Megatron, or BB, I don't think you would see multiple figures in multiple lines so close (or the same line), of course apparently there are exceptions (TM & Legends Brawn for example).

However I don't think at this time we will see Cyclonus as he was part of CW. Also Spinster & Needlenose were released through TFCC in 2016. Scorponok will no doubt be a Titan class figure in either 2018 or 2019, as for the rest...there are still 8-10 deluxes that could still come out of this line, and several more Titan Masters so who knows...
Re: First Image of Titans Return Krok and Quake (1850804)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on January 6th, 2017 @ 9:49am CST
Bumblebee21 wrote:
GuyIncognito wrote:
Bumblebee21 wrote:

you just started it

Started what?

the remold wars

Re: First Image of Titans Return Krok and Quake (1850805)
Posted by Cobotron on January 6th, 2017 @ 9:53am CST
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:

Maybe the sculpt will be re-purposed for a Titan Master release? :???:
Re: First Image of Titans Return Krok and Quake (1850806)
Posted by o.supreme on January 6th, 2017 @ 10:04am CST
DeathReviews wrote:My minions still cannot find any sign of Gnaw or Kickback...

Nope haven't seen any wave 3 Legends or Voyagers in store yet either. On a side note...I went to Target on Monday, they had the wave 3 TM's, and guess what?? -They scanned just fine (I just did a price scan since I already have them all), went to another Wal-Mart later that day, did a price scan, STILL not in their system :HEADHURTS:

Of course now its Friday, so if you are looking for TM's -Try Target first. If you get them at Wal-Mart, be sure to bring an older TM with you to the cashier because no matter what you are going to have a hassle getting them through the checkout, unless you did what I did when purchasing another Sawback for a friend. -I just took an older TM to self check out, scanned it instead, and left it as the check stand. The clerk checking receipts saw my one item, and the receipt, and didn't question anything else.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #234 - Hell in a Cel
"Hell in a Cel"
Posted: Sunday, November 10th, 2019

Buy "TRANSFORMERS: Platinum Edition ULTRA MAGNUS Brand New *MINT CONDITION*" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS AOE AGE OF EXTINCTION OPTIMUS PRIME FIRST EDITION LEADER CLASS NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Exclusive Platinum Edition Action Figure Silver Knight Prime" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Upgrade Galactico Galaxy Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Fall Of Cybertron VORTEX Deluxe Bruticus FOC Generations" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrust Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "OPTIMUS PRIME & MEGATRON HERO MASHERS Transformers Mash Ups Hasbro MIP" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Highly Collectable Transformers Hero Mashers Soundwave Action Figure" on EBAY