First Images of Box and Card for Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0

Transformers News: First Images of Box and Card for Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0

Sunday, May 26th, 2019 7:48AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 31,539

The news front has been a bit quiet when it comes to Takara's Transformers Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime Ver 3.0. But we do have some new photos coming from Dengeki Hobby which show us a painted sample of the figure with the box and the card that it will come with. This is out first look at both. Remember that those who purchase the Hasbro release will also get an exclusive black slip cover that goes over this box.
These photos were taken at a Japanese event and sent to us by fellow Seibertronian Cyberpath. This toy is scheduled to come out in November 2019 and several retailers are already sold out of preorders even with the $440 price tag over at Entertainment Earth.

Credit(s): Dengeki Hobby
Re: First Images of Box and Card for Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 (2022647)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on May 26th, 2019 @ 7:58am CDT
oh man... that prototype is looking pretty rough.... I'm still shocked that EE and some other retailers are sold out, especially US/non-JP ones... that is a steep price... wonder if those retailers are hedging their stock so they don't have too many folks cancel and leave them with a bunch of stock. I feel that's what happened to BBTS and the Seekers/Conehead MPs.
Re: First Images of Box and Card for Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 (2022648)
Posted by Ironhidensh on May 26th, 2019 @ 8:13am CDT
Sold out pre orders mean nothing unless they are pre paid. The more pictures we get, the easier a pass this is. I’m very happy with my MS Light of Freedom,
Re: First Images of Box and Card for Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 (2022649)
Posted by mentre83 on May 26th, 2019 @ 8:36am CDT
I don't like its head - too toy-like, although it can be improved by the final deco - otherwise it's a nice (if expensive) model. Speaking of heads, where is Starscream's? It's the only new feature that I somehow envy, if I compare it to my MP-10.
Re: First Images of Box and Card for Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 (2022651)
Posted by Beachjezus on May 26th, 2019 @ 8:49am CDT
Re: First Images of Box and Card for Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 (2022653)
Posted by RustedCross on May 26th, 2019 @ 9:15am CDT
Does he not have ankle tilt?
Re: First Images of Box and Card for Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 (2022654)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on May 26th, 2019 @ 9:19am CDT
Beachjezus wrote:Here’s how I feel about this. I have this on preorder and it’s going to be amazing but obviously super overpriced. I’m getting it to display next to MP-36. After this one I’m done with Masterpiece outside of beast wars. They’ve just gotten too expensive at this point. I’ll be going all in on siege to get the complete cast. Seems like the smart route at this point

see, I find myself starting to share this same sentiment. with the relaunch of the MP line with mp10 prime and sideswipe, I pretty much vowed to get every mp release ever. But as time has gone by, and the price has gotten much higher, added to the design shift (less hybrid between perfect g1 toy and toon, and more g1 toon accurate using things like fake chests etc) and some questionable design choices (looking at you mp hot rod and v2 bee) I'm starting to find myself wanting to pass on more and more. Now I know this is primarily for the Japanese market, and maybe in Japan this is whats in demand from fans; I don't know. but me personally, I see no need for this. figure. does he look impressive, yes. is he spot on toon accurate? mostly. Does his vehicle mode look like a jigsaw puzzle? absolutely. But is he necessary? not at all. There are so many other characters that need representation and love in the mp line. spending resources and development time on rehashing existing figures that are already perfect masterpiece representations (imho) instead of working towards giving us the rest of the cast seems like a waste. Again, I know this is primarily for the Japanese market, and maybe there's no love over there for these characters. I know that was supposedly the case for the dinobots. But I still want to see MP insecticons, trailbreaker, mirage, gears, huffer, brawn, pipes, blaster, reflector, etc. and what about the Japanese series then? Jinrai, overloard, deathsaurus, or any combiner from any of them. And yes, I know theres a bazillian third party versions of these things out there... but there shouldn't have to be.

Would I pay $440 for another masterpiece prime when I already have mp 10? no
Would I pay $440 for a perfect masterpiece God Jinrai? good chance.
Am I still waiting for an official mp Victory Leo to complete my Star Saber. probably forever at this point.
Re: First Images of Box and Card for Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 (2022657)
Posted by Beachjezus on May 26th, 2019 @ 9:36am CDT
Immortal Starscream wrote:

Would I pay $440 for another masterpiece prime when I already have mp 10? no
Would I pay $440 for a perfect masterpiece God Jinrai? good chance.

So we are on the same page sir. I’m only getting this because I feel I owe it to mp-36 to have his buddy next to him. I’ll have mp-10 with the rest of the autobots and Apollyon with my MP deceptions. With siege looking good enough at this point I’m going to be using that to get the complete cast!

I’m looking into these pop culture shock statues that are up for preorder - Optimus and soundwave. I might use these for my toon accurate or higher end needs. They are cheaper than MP at this point and look better for sure.
Re: First Images of Box and Card for Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 (2022659)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on May 26th, 2019 @ 10:04am CDT
I agree with the new Megs we needed “final battle” Prime
Re: First Images of Box and Card for Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 (2022673)
Posted by Ultra Markus on May 26th, 2019 @ 12:56pm CDT
i dont know about anybody else but despite the price the more i see of this the more i want it
Re: First Images of Box and Card for Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 (2022674)
Posted by Anonymous on May 26th, 2019 @ 2:13pm CDT
Im in the more i see the more i want camp too!
Re: First Images of Box and Card for Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 (2022675)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 26th, 2019 @ 2:35pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:This toy is scheduled to come out in November 2019 and several retailers are already sold out of preorders even with the $440 price tag over at Entertainment Earth.

Well, I'm pretty sure that "insane" price tag won't stop the sales. Especially if once the figure finally get in hands, the quality match the price.

Even if it's a different fandom, I can draw a parallel to doll collecting.
Click here for the PICTURE.
The Dollfie Dream Hatsune Miku were limited at 39 units each for the event and sold at 650$US and 660$US each. Not counting the 55$US of shipping and sureshot custom taxes.

Those dolls sold in less than 20 minutes! And I'm one of the "lucky" buyer.

So, yeah, all preorders of the 440$US Optimus already sold out? I'm not surprised. At least that Optimus will be way less limited than a Dollfie so everyone will have his/her chance in due time. Will I'll be buying one?
Well, maybe. I'll wait for the reviews first.
Re: First Images of Box and Card for Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 (2022709)
Posted by Ultra Markus on May 26th, 2019 @ 11:05pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Even if it's a different fandom, I can draw a parallel to doll collecting.
Click here for the PICTURE.

Those dolls sold in less than 20 minutes! And I'm one of the "lucky" buyer.

Well, maybe. I'll wait for the reviews first.

Re: First Images of Box and Card for Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 (2022713)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on May 26th, 2019 @ 11:32pm CDT
Ultra Markus wrote:and wait to see if there are any cracking crotch pieces or anything else that might break

Yeah, first, scratched up mp-36's, then rid convoy being a mess and having to be recalled, now, mp-43's purple plastic problem - not to mention, hosts of qc issues in between; tt is not having a great run of luck convincing me these items are gonna be worth the price they're asking >:oP
Re: First Images of Box and Card for Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 (2022775)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 27th, 2019 @ 8:03pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Hence waiting for actual in-hand reviews. And not just one, but many. That's why I refuse to preorder it.
Beside, what's the actual point of preordering a WIDELY AVAILABLE MAINLINE ITEM? Like, seriously.
Re: First Images of Box and Card for Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 (2022776)
Posted by william-james88 on May 27th, 2019 @ 8:09pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Re: First Images of Box and Card for Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 (2022777)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 27th, 2019 @ 8:14pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Might get sold out from all the places with a decent price. The vast majority of people who got a decent price on MP Dinobot, for instance, were the ones who preordered him.

Still, it's Optimus Prime we are talking about. I bet there will be plenty of units for everyone at "normal price" for a long while.
Re: First Images of Box and Card for Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 (2022778)
Posted by william-james88 on May 27th, 2019 @ 8:19pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

I am talking about the 20-30% off price, that sure wont last long at all.
Re: First Images of Box and Card for Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 (2022779)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 27th, 2019 @ 8:24pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:I am talking about the 20-30% off price, that sure wont last long at all.

If you mean the initial sales, yeah, sure. But those will be the first batch and a roll of the dice concerning potential issues. I'm not really hot to gamble.

Plus there's always a possibility of life changing or simple interests changing once the bill finally hit. I felt obligated to honor too many preorders I no longer wanted already... :(
Re: First Images of Box and Card for Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 (2022789)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on May 28th, 2019 @ 3:40am CDT
Beachjezus wrote:I’m getting it to display next to MP-36.
While that's a good idea, you just know that there will be yet another MP Megatron on the way soon enough.
That's what I'm doing for my G1 crew, I never did get MP fever, I have only a handful, representing characters I care about more than others.

As for MP-44, I agree that it's mainly a cash grab, but it is an improvement over MP-10 (which wasn't hard to do), and it looks damn good, but not worth $440. After all, in the end it's a plastic display piece. But to each his/her own. Honestly, I have the money for it, but I'm not getting it when it comes out, I'll wait a few months, even at the risk of the price going higher.
Re: First Images of Box and Card for Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 (2022815)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on May 28th, 2019 @ 12:58pm CDT
Has anyone else heard anything about the price going up to close to $500 USD? I haven't heard anything from Amazon Japan.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #235 - Pre-Holidaze
"Pre-Holidaze"
Posted: Sunday, November 24th, 2019

Buy "Transformers RID Galvatron Robots Devil Gigatron and Armada Megaton w/ Mini-con" on EBAY
Buy "20" Super Bumblebee Transformers Robots Disguise Electronic Works 2015" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2015 Combiner Wars Titan Class Devastator Tf" on EBAY
Buy "** 2003 - Hasbro Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME Universe RID W/ spy changer Prowl **" on EBAY
Buy "transformers Generations Rodimus Prime Power of the Primes Leader New" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS PROWL, bumblebee, Optimus prime, jet fire WALGREENS exc" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Siege Deluxe Class Autobot Hound" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro Combiner Wars Ironhide,Prowl,Mirage,Sunstreaker IDW Comics!" on EBAY