First Images of Dracula x Transformers crossover Draculus Figure

First Images of Dracula x Transformers crossover Draculus Figure

Friday, September 10th, 2021 10:44am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 34,772

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Greetings Seibertronians!

Following on from our first look at the Dracula x Transformers crossover figure earlier today, Target has updated the reveal with the item page for Draculus!

Special thanks to fellow Seibertron users, AcademyofDrX and D-Maximal_Primal.

The listing also provides these new images for us to feast on of this unique addition to the ever growing Crossover range that started back in 2019 with the Ghostbusters x Transformers crossover figure, Ectotron.

Transformers News: First Images of Dracula x Transformers crossover Draculus Figure

Transformers News: First Images of Dracula x Transformers crossover Draculus Figure

Transformers News: First Images of Dracula x Transformers crossover Draculus Figure

Transformers News: First Images of Dracula x Transformers crossover Draculus Figure

Transformers News: First Images of Dracula x Transformers crossover Draculus Figure

As we can see, the figure is an extensive retool of Titans Returns Deluxe Class Mindwipe, and has had the Titan Master feature taken out. He also features a cloth cape that was an iconic part of the Dracula character on film.

The inner box that houses Draculus in package has also been designed to resemble a classic vhs.

The official write up for this figure is as follows:
Transformers Collaborative: Universal Monsters Dracula Mash-Up, Draculus

(Ages 8 and Up / Approx. Retail Price: $31.49 / Available: 10/1/2021)

Worlds collide in this TRANFORMERS-Dracula mash-up pack! The mysterious Count Dracula takes on a new form as a TRANSFORMERS robot, called DRACULUS. We are dealing with the undead…an undead DECEPTICON! DRACULUS rises from stasis under the cover of darkness and feeds on the ENERGON of the living. The DRACULUS figure is inspired by the vampire from the 1931 Universal Pictures film, Dracula. The figure stands at 5.5 inches, converts into bat mode in 23 steps, and features details inspired by the Dracula movie, including black and white deco inspired by the black and white movie release. DRACULUS also comes with cape, blaster, and Impaler claw accessories.

 

TRANSFORMERS robots have always been More Than Meets The Eye, but now, through the TRANSFORMERS Collaborative, fans can experience these larger-than-life characters as they team-up, mash-up, and meet up with other characters, teams, and people who share this same special quality. DRACULUS is available exclusively at Target and for pre-order on Target.com beginning September 10, 2021 at 1:00PM EST with limited quantities on Pulse.com.



What do you think of this crossover figure?

Eager to see the other Universal Monsters given the same treatment?

Shout out in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews

Credit(s): Hasbro, Target


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: First Images of Dracula x Transformers crossover Draculus Figure (2115449)
Posted by o.supreme on September 10th, 2021 @ 10:54am CDT
Although I wont be purchasing it, (haven't purchased any of the crossover toys) I think they did a really great job. I especially love the packaging. Also I'm curious to see how it transforms without the ability to have the head removed.
Re: First Images of Dracula x Transformers crossover Draculus Figure (2115450)
Posted by blackeyedprime on September 10th, 2021 @ 10:54am CDT
SUCKS that the titan master has been removed. The cockpit or victim storage seems a bit unused as a play feature now. Not liking the solid black wings in bot mode compared to package arts red.
Re: First Images of Dracula x Transformers crossover Draculus Figure (2115451)
Posted by william-james88 on September 10th, 2021 @ 10:56am CDT
o.supreme wrote:Although I wont be purchasing it, (haven't purchased any of the crossover toys) I think they did a really great job. I especially love the packaging. Also I'm curious to see how it transforms without the ability to have the head removed.


I like the packaging too though I don't feel the VHS tape is best suited for this release. When I think Bella Lugosi Dracula, I don't think VHS.
Re: First Images of Dracula x Transformers crossover Draculus Figure (2115452)
Posted by o.supreme on September 10th, 2021 @ 10:59am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
o.supreme wrote:Although I wont be purchasing it, (haven't purchased any of the crossover toys) I think they did a really great job. I especially love the packaging. Also I'm curious to see how it transforms without the ability to have the head removed.


I like the packaging too though I don't feel the VHS tape is best suited for this release. When I think Bella Lugosi Dracula, I don't think VHS.


I know the designs have been updated for DVD and BRD releases, but I think for some there is a nostalgia factor.

Image

To be fair, my dad was showing me these films on TV before they were available on VHS, but seeing all those covers together at the video store does bring back fond memories.

Image
Re: First Images of Dracula x Transformers crossover Draculus Figure (2115454)
Posted by ZeroWolf on September 10th, 2021 @ 11:12am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
o.supreme wrote:Although I wont be purchasing it, (haven't purchased any of the crossover toys) I think they did a really great job. I especially love the packaging. Also I'm curious to see how it transforms without the ability to have the head removed.


I like the packaging too though I don't feel the VHS tape is best suited for this release. When I think Bella Lugosi Dracula, I don't think VHS.

Same, but I appreciate the attempt to do something extra like that
Re: First Images of Dracula x Transformers crossover Draculus Figure (2115458)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 10th, 2021 @ 12:02pm CDT
Interesting enough, but I bet the Canadian price will be shy of 10$CAN from a freaking LEADER price, as it was the case with Gigawatt.

I would pay up to voyager price for this, but leader price is highway robbery.
Re: First Images of Dracula x Transformers crossover Draculus Figure (2115466)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on September 10th, 2021 @ 12:18pm CDT
It's interesting the press release says 1 PM EST when this figure was available as early as 8:30 AM EST. I really like the look being a fan of classic horror, I do wish they could've done the head that more closely matched Bella Legosi's look. Then again, I understand why they probably couldn't.
Re: First Images of Dracula x Transformers crossover Draculus Figure (2115468)
Posted by alekese on September 10th, 2021 @ 12:29pm CDT
Draculus is now up for order on pulse:

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/tra ... p-draculus
Re: First Images of Dracula x Transformers crossover Draculus Figure (2115477)
Posted by blackeyedprime on September 10th, 2021 @ 1:29pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Interesting enough, but I bet the Canadian price will be shy of 10$CAN from a freaking LEADER price, as it was the case with Gigawatt.

I would pay up to voyager price for this, but leader price is highway robbery.


Feel the same, especially for a figure with a feature taken away that would have improved it. I'll at least be buying one crossover finger soon though, just a slightly cheaper and massively out of scale one...
Re: First Images of Dracula x Transformers crossover Draculus Figure (2115478)
Posted by primalxconvoy on September 10th, 2021 @ 1:33pm CDT
It seems odd that they removed the headmaster function, considering vampires are all about changing from "human" to "vampire" forms, and that the original chest/cockpit was designed to look like a coffin too.

Also, for posterity, I'll repeat my earlier post, showing that Mindwipe is basically Dracula in all but name, with his headmaster bring a thrall/Igor:

- https://youtu.be/BOYyLFrkIF4
Re: First Images of Dracula x Transformers crossover Draculus Figure (2115484)
Posted by Till-all-R1 on September 10th, 2021 @ 1:49pm CDT
While I think the concept is interesting and I even like the box art, the actual bot is unimpressive for me.
Re: First Images of Dracula x Transformers crossover Draculus Figure (2115485)
Posted by First-Aid on September 10th, 2021 @ 1:51pm CDT
primalxconvoy wrote:Also, for posterity, I'll repeat my earlier post, showing that Mindwipe is basically Dracula in all but name, with his headmaster bring a thrall/Igor:



Is it Eee-gore, or EYE-gore? :-P

Seriously, we need a Leslie Nielsen version of this figure...
Re: First Images of Dracula x Transformers crossover Draculus Figure (2115488)
Posted by Emerje on September 10th, 2021 @ 2:07pm CDT
alekese wrote:Draculus is now up for order on pulse:

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/tra ... p-draculus

Thanks, I ordered one there and added NEST Bumblebee to get the free shipping.

The box is kinda dumb. The description mentions him awakening from stasis at night so why not make a box that looks like a coffin shaped stasis pod? The VHS tape feels like a bad attempt at achieving that 80s and 90s vibe they've been going for with the other crossovers. Shaping it like a book would have made more sense.

Removing the headmaster is lame, too. Instead of being a robot like Dracula it could have been a robot for Dracula. And who sculpts a vampire head without visible fangs!? Plus it seems like whoever wrote the description hadn't seen the final figure because they keep stressing that the figure is in black and white with no mention of all the red.

Emerje
Re: First Images of Dracula x Transformers crossover Draculus Figure (2115492)
Posted by primalxconvoy on September 10th, 2021 @ 2:19pm CDT
First-Aid wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:Also, for posterity, I'll repeat my earlier post, showing that Mindwipe is basically Dracula in all but name, with his headmaster bring a thrall/Igor:



Is it Eee-gore, or EYE-gore? :-P

Seriously, we need a Leslie Nielsen version of this figure...


The headmaster could be called "Shirley"...
Re: First Images of Dracula x Transformers crossover Draculus Figure (2115493)
Posted by ZeroWolf on September 10th, 2021 @ 2:22pm CDT
Emerje wrote:
alekese wrote:Draculus is now up for order on pulse:

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/tra ... p-draculus

Thanks, I ordered one there and added NEST Bumblebee to get the free shipping.

The box is kinda dumb. The description mentions him awakening from stasis at night so why not make a box that looks like a coffin shaped stasis pod? The VHS tape feels like a bad attempt at achieving that 80s and 90s vibe they've been going for with the other crossovers. Shaping it like a book would have made more sense.

Removing the headmaster is lame, too. Instead of being a robot like Dracula it could have been a robot for Dracula. And who sculpts a vampire head without visible fangs!? Plus it seems like whoever wrote the description hadn't seen the final figure because they keep stressing that the figure is in black and white with no mention of all the red.

Emerje

To be fair, the robot mode sans accessories is in black and white. If it had been a Titan master they could have cleverly nodded to two of the most famous actors to have portrayed Dracula on the silver screen (Bela Lugosi and Christopher Lee)
Re: First Images of Dracula x Transformers crossover Draculus Figure (2115494)
Posted by First-Aid on September 10th, 2021 @ 2:28pm CDT
Emerje wrote: And who sculpts a vampire head without visible fangs!?


Because the original Legosi Dracula didn't have fangs. That was a "relatively" recent addition to the vampire lore. Fun fact for you...thanks Svengoolie!
Re: First Images of Dracula x Transformers crossover Draculus Figure (2115505)
Posted by Munkky on September 10th, 2021 @ 3:41pm CDT
It certainly looks nice, I have fond memories of the original Titans Return Mindwipe and this is a good use of the mould, but seeing as the Crossover Transformers have focused on 80's and 90's franchises so far, why have they suddenly done one for a 30's movie? Is it just because of how iconic Dracula is? Don't get me wrong, I love Dracula and the other Universal Monsters, but this figure just seems way out of left field compared to what we've had previously.
Re: First Images of Dracula x Transformers crossover Draculus Figure (2115507)
Posted by primalxconvoy on September 10th, 2021 @ 3:47pm CDT
I am sure they're just taking whatever offers they can get to do crossovers that are relevant.
Re: First Images of Dracula x Transformers crossover Draculus Figure (2115516)
Posted by NOBODY LOVES WHEELIE on September 10th, 2021 @ 6:16pm CDT
Makes me think could Weirdwolf / Wolfman be next?
Re: First Images of Dracula x Transformers crossover Draculus Figure (2115518)
Posted by primalxconvoy on September 10th, 2021 @ 6:22pm CDT
NOBODY LOVES WHEELIE wrote:Makes me think could Weirdwolf / Wolfman be next?

I was thinking the same thing.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Legends Class Windcharger Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Insecticon Bombshell Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Blades Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Onslaught Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #284 - Welcome to 2010
Twincast / Podcast #284:
"Welcome to 2010"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 12th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "*NEW* Transformers Generations War for Cybertron-Siege Commander Jetfire-11" Fig" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generation War For Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Holo Mirage WFC-S55" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee MPM-12 Optimus Prime Master Piece Movie Series" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers CROSSHAIRS Action Figure Power Punch Age Extinction NEW Green USA" on EBAY
Buy "Botcon 2002 Cyclonus Master Shipping Carton Box Hasbro Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Wolfwire (Weirdwolf) with Monxo - Hinge Damage" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Highbrow Deluxe Class Complete w/ Xort" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return TRIGGERHAPPY Complete Generations Deluxe figure" on EBAY