First Images of Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-10 Optimus Prime

First Images of Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-10 Optimus Prime

Tuesday, May 10th, 2011 6:34am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 55,927

Online toy shop Kapow Toys has posted the first images of the upcoming Transformers Masterpiece MP-10 Optimus Prime.
This is a brand new mold for Optimus Prime, and this figure is smaller compare to Masterpiece MP-01 or MP-04. It is roughly the same size of MP-09 Rodimus Convoy.

This version of Optimus Prime features:

Trailer featuring roller and repair bay
Transforming gun that stores in back compartment
In scale Spike Witwicky figure
Energon axe
Look closer to animation model
Opening chest revealing Matrix of Leadership
Flush and more accurate alt mode

Check out the images below:

Seibertron, Ultimate Transformers Resource!

Credit(s): Kapow Toys, Red Leader

This article was last modified on Tuesday, May 10th, 2011 6:48am CDT

Re: First Images of Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-10 Optimus Prime (1219772)
Posted by Amelie on May 10th, 2011 @ 6:37am CDT
Sorry, LOST Cybertronian, but Mach wins this round. :P
Re: First Images of Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-10 Optimus Prime (1219775)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on May 10th, 2011 @ 6:42am CDT
Amelie wrote:Sorry, LOST Cybertronian, but Mach wins this round. :P

Alas, I just wasn't fast enough to keep up with a veteran like Mach.
Re: First Images of Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-10 Optimus Prime (1219776)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on May 10th, 2011 @ 6:43am CDT
Autobot032 wrote:What does it mean by "Transforms by one touch"? Springloaded or something? If that's the case, it's not really a Masterpiece, now is it?

To be honest, I see nothing here worth $275.00

I believe they are talking about the gun here. Kinda like the gun with WFC Prime.
Re: First Images of Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-10 Optimus Prime (1219777)
Posted by Amelie on May 10th, 2011 @ 6:44am CDT
LOST Cybertronian wrote:
Amelie wrote:Sorry, LOST Cybertronian, but Mach wins this round. :P

Alas, I just wasn't fast enough to keep up with a veteran like Mach.

Thats what she said. ;)

Quick thought - this could actually get a Hasbro release. I don't see anything there thats gonna seriously break any toy safety laws. :)
Re: First Images of Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-10 Optimus Prime (1219780)
Posted by Jesterhead on May 10th, 2011 @ 6:51am CDT
I was hoping for a slightly better proportioned alt-mode, but still very nice. I love the covered wheels on the legs.
Re: First Images of Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-10 Optimus Prime (1219781)
Posted by bdougwrx on May 10th, 2011 @ 6:54am CDT
I got a preorder in, just gotta wait for a few reviews now.
Re: First Images of Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-10 Optimus Prime (1219783)
Posted by Mach on May 10th, 2011 @ 7:00am CDT
LOST Cybertronian wrote:
Amelie wrote:Sorry, LOST Cybertronian, but Mach wins this round. :P

Alas, I just wasn't fast enough to keep up with a veteran like Mach.

Sorry mate.... u can win other rounds, not on Optimus Prime...... :KREMZEEK:
Re: First Images of Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-10 Optimus Prime (1219785)
Posted by Autobot Joe on May 10th, 2011 @ 7:07am CDT
Wow, wish I could afford it. With all the movie Primes and Megatrons that I'll be grabbing, not to mention the eventual release of Transformers: Prime figures, I don't think I'll have any room in the budget for this one. Pretty upset about it actually.
Re: First Images of Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-10 Optimus Prime (1219787)
Posted by Counterpunch on May 10th, 2011 @ 7:10am CDT
Looks pretty damn good.

I should cross-reference anyone who comes into this thread with praise against anyone who slammed the figure without seeing it. :P
Re: First Images of Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-10 Optimus Prime (1219788)
Posted by Prime Evil on May 10th, 2011 @ 7:19am CDT
Very nice looking figure. Probably the best looking Prime we have seen since MP01. Love both alt mode and bot mode aesthetics, buuuut I'm getting really bored of the same prime over and over again (yes, I'm a G1'er), and definitely NOT for that price. See how the US will price this figure if we get it over here.
Re: First Images of Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-10 Optimus Prime (1219790)
Posted by Autobot032 on May 10th, 2011 @ 7:22am CDT
LOST Cybertronian wrote:

To be honest, I see nothing here worth $275.00

Ah. I hope that's all it is. Still, not impressed enough to spend that kind of dough.

Neat? Sure.
Looks good? Sure.
$250? No.

*cue Sam Witwicky* nononononononononononononono!!!
Re: First Images of Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-10 Optimus Prime (1219791)
Posted by Dclone Soundwave on May 10th, 2011 @ 7:23am CDT
Actually not bad. I had my doubts about another MP Convoy, but this is impressive. I like the head, and the tiny Spike figure. LOVE the fact that the Ion Blaster is foldable and can be stored in the back. Probably a reference to TF:TM when Prime magically pulls it out of his back. If they decide to make another MP in this scale w/PROPER legs, I might be game for that too. Here's hoping the next MP is actually Soundwave though. I've waited long enough.
Re: First Images of Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-10 Optimus Prime (1219792)
Posted by Shockwave. on May 10th, 2011 @ 7:23am CDT
OH! Look at that! :shock: A takara Human alliance Optimus Prime with autobot roller and Spike. :lol:
Re: First Images of Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-10 Optimus Prime (1219793)
Posted by Shockwave. on May 10th, 2011 @ 7:24am CDT
Re: First Images of Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-10 Optimus Prime (1219794)
Posted by ae_productions on May 10th, 2011 @ 7:25am CDT
Here's the next 9 Masterpiece releases:

MP-11 is Optimus (convoy) with Sparkplug
MP-12 is Optimus (convoy) with Daniel
MP-13 is Optimus (convoy) with Chip
MP-14 is Optimus (convoy) with Carley
MP-15 is Optimus (convoy) with Spike in his exosuit, with a 100 extra price tag
MP-16 is Ultra Magnus with non-transforming trailer and Spike WITH HARD HAT and 50 dollar extra price tag
MP-17 is Ultra Magnus with non-transforming trailer and Sparkplug WITH HARD HAT and 50 dollar extra price tag
MP-18 is Optimus (convoy) with Chip, and different color wheels in his wheelchair. Add 50 bucks.
MP-19 is Optimus (convoy) without human figures, to lower the price $5.

THANKS TAKARA!
Re: First Images of Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-10 Optimus Prime (1219795)
Posted by Counterpunch on May 10th, 2011 @ 7:26am CDT
As much as I DO like this, I don't know if it's better than MP-04 in a significant enough sense to purchase it.

That's a shame really.
Re: First Images of Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-10 Optimus Prime (1219796)
Posted by GEEWUN on May 10th, 2011 @ 7:26am CDT
Something about the bot mode is not working... I just don't know what...

Spike and the truck mode look pretty awesome though....
Re: First Images of Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-10 Optimus Prime (1219797)
Posted by metaphorge on May 10th, 2011 @ 7:27am CDT
I'm liking what I see; I'll have to see whether I like it $250 or not when it hits.

I also really hope we get a Megatron in this size out of SOMEBODY, preferably Takara.
Re: First Images of Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-10 Optimus Prime (1219799)
Posted by Burn on May 10th, 2011 @ 7:33am CDT
I'm really finding it hard to justify spending $200+ on him ... and i've bought every Masterpiece from Takara.
Re: First Images of Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-10 Optimus Prime (1219800)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on May 10th, 2011 @ 7:33am CDT
" 'Convoy gun' is housed within backside." OUCH!!! So that's where he's always pulling it from... :grin:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Protectobot HOT SPOT Voyager Class New (2012 Hasbro)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Kingdom WFC Autobot HUFFER Deluxe 5in Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Kre-o Transformers Optimus Prime Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars G2 Dragstrip - incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Battle Core Optimus Prime (Incomplete) Body" on EBAY
Buy "KRE-O Transformers Prowl Toy + 2 Kreons  Brand New and Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers Legends Ultra Magnus Complete w/ Alpha Trion Combiner Wars" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Legends LG17 Blackarachnia complete" on EBAY