First Images of Transformers "Earthrise" Runabout

First Images of Transformers "Earthrise" Runabout

Wednesday, September 9th, 2020 9:49am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 37,008

Thanks to a post on the STFU Facebook page, we have our first image of the upcoming Runabout that completes the duo with Transformers Earthrise Runamuck. He does have a different head, in line with the G1 toy. However, it is a straight redeco for the rest of the car. The G1 versions were actually different cars. We have posted images of those below for comparison.
While we use the "Earthrise" moniker, it is just used here as a placeholder name until we know how this is actually getting released. At this point we have 5 different avenues of release with that being mainline retail, mainline retail exclusive (ie Amazon/Target), online only (ie Fan Channels) Netflix line and Generations Selects.

Transformers News: First Images of Transformers "Earthrise" Runabout

Transformers News: First Images of Transformers "Earthrise" Runabout

Transformers News: First Images of Transformers "Earthrise" Runabout
Transformers G1 1986 Runabout Gallery

Transformers News: First Images of Transformers "Earthrise" Runabout
Transformers G1 1986 Runabout Gallery

Re: First Images of Transformers "Earthrise" Runabout (2079633)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 9th, 2020 @ 9:54am CDT
The paint detail differences on the front of the car modes actually do kinda create an illusion of them sorta looking like different cars.
Re: First Images of Transformers "Earthrise" Runabout (2079635)
Posted by Deadput on September 9th, 2020 @ 10:01am CDT
The head sculpts look different.

Edit: Huh the two always had different heads...huh how did I never notice?
Re: First Images of Transformers "Earthrise" Runabout (2079636)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 9th, 2020 @ 10:03am CDT
Deadput wrote:The head sculpts look different.
Will said that.
Re: First Images of Transformers "Earthrise" Runabout (2079637)
Posted by o.supreme on September 9th, 2020 @ 10:05am CDT
Re: First Images of Transformers "Earthrise" Runabout (2079638)
Posted by Deadput on September 9th, 2020 @ 10:05am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Deadput wrote:The head sculpts look different.
Will said that.

Didn't read article just looked at pictures since tired and just browsing phone before sleep
Re: First Images of Transformers "Earthrise" Runabout (2079639)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on September 9th, 2020 @ 10:09am CDT
I may actually pick up Runabout because I prefer that color scheme. I would pickup Runamuck, but the lack of orange makes the white a bit too overpowering
Re: First Images of Transformers "Earthrise" Runabout (2079646)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on September 9th, 2020 @ 10:26am CDT
o.supreme wrote:I know the idea of ER having 4th wave has been dismissed by some, but Hasbro stated as much with their Map, and until Hasbro says they changed their plan, that is what I'm going with. I still believe that Runabout & Thrust may be the only toys of a standard retail 4th wave (repacked with others of course). Pretty much every exclusive has been revealed. It would not make sense to me for these to be released as Selects, nor in a 2 pack from Amazon, but I guess stranger things have happened.

Well Thrust and Runabout both have WFC-E numbers, so selects is out. Also Thrust is WFC-E26, way too low to be in wave 4. Also, the shelf tags in Canada showed he was a solid case and likely an exclusive like Bluestreak. Runabout is WFC-E41 which does line up with wave 4 if it still exists, but it also lines up with where many exclusives ended up for Siege.

Keep in mind, the map is the only item that ever indicated a wave 4 and that would have been created before Covid-19 threw everything off.

Since wave 2 isn't even in stores yet, I can definitely see them moving Runabout to online only just so they don't have to delay the start of Kingdom. From a planning standpoint, skipping wave 4 for retail/in stores and moving it to online only makes the most sense so that they can try to line up Kingdom wave 1 for January.
Re: First Images of Transformers "Earthrise" Runabout (2079647)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 9th, 2020 @ 10:29am CDT
I mean obviously Runabout was going to be a thing but I’m taken by how spiffy he looks! Will definitely get him and Runamuck for sure.
Re: First Images of Transformers "Earthrise" Runabout (2079648)
Posted by o.supreme on September 9th, 2020 @ 10:36am CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:Since wave 2 isn't even in stores yet,

The first sighting of wave 2 in stores happened this past weekend

https://news.tfw2005.com/2020/09/05/tra ... ail-418721
Re: First Images of Transformers "Earthrise" Runabout (2079652)
Posted by blackeyedprime on September 9th, 2020 @ 11:17am CDT
Looks way better in black. The gold strips placement and lack of on runamuck along with the panels showing more, just make it look bad. Would have preferred the decepticon symbols to be on the hoods like the originals but hey.

Still on the fence due to runamuck and may go for g1 over them.
Re: First Images of Transformers "Earthrise" Runabout (2079653)
Posted by blackeyedprime on September 9th, 2020 @ 11:36am CDT
Owch, just bad luck on Scorponoks color :( Mine was fine, all though his box wasnt sealed and arrived with some box damage that must have happened before it was packed as the packaging was fine -didnt matter as i'm not keeping the box anyways and I'm not one of the crappy people that tries to charge money for current gen empty boxes.
Re: First Images of Transformers "Earthrise" Runabout (2079654)
Posted by o.supreme on September 9th, 2020 @ 11:42am CDT
I 've been keeping the boxes for my Titans as of late. The only ones I dont have my boxes for are Fort Max & Tryp, but as you said, I'm not going to pay to get them again. I know the art exists online, but it would be nice if most of the current Generations art was collected together in some sort of coffee-table type book. I know several books exist for older artwork, I have a few of them, but none that I can recall for art especially from CW on. That Art of Transformers Genesis book released by Image is one of my most prized possessions.
Re: First Images of Transformers "Earthrise" Runabout (2079658)
Posted by aronjlove on September 9th, 2020 @ 11:54am CDT
ImageImage

Look at that tiny head, he and Cromar could have a competition. It's shaped like a milk dud lol. I do like his carrier mode the most.
Re: First Images of Transformers "Earthrise" Runabout (2079659)
Posted by blackeyedprime on September 9th, 2020 @ 11:59am CDT
It's not as though metroplex or Fort max can even go back in their boxes after the arm is attached though I held onto the boxes until space demanded they go. Scorponoks box seemed pretty slim so it was a nice surprise how hefty it is. Kinda surprised it passes the tests that orig Fort max can't seem to get around for reissues. If scorp falls off a shelve and lands on anything, it's taking that thing out for sure.
Re: First Images of Transformers "Earthrise" Runabout (2079660)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 9th, 2020 @ 12:13pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:I know the art exists online, but it would be nice if most of the current Generations art was collected together in some sort of coffee-table type book. I know several books exist for older artwork, I have a few of them, but none that I can recall for art especially from CW on. That Art of Transformers Genesis book released by Image is one of my most prized possessions.
Go buy Transformers: A Visual History.
Re: First Images of Transformers "Earthrise" Runabout (2079662)
Posted by o.supreme on September 9th, 2020 @ 12:19pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Go buy Transformers: A Visual History.

I've seen people review it, it looks cool, but seems to sample a little bit from all eras, rather than being comprehensive of just one era.
Re: First Images of Transformers "Earthrise" Runabout (2079663)
Posted by Tuned Agent on September 9th, 2020 @ 12:20pm CDT
It's nice to finally see Runabout. It's a little disappointing that they don't have different alt modes, but I didn't really expect them to. The new headsculpt is nice. I like the clear red for the windows, it adds a nice pop of color that makes me wish Runamuck used clear orange instead of gray.

But on the subject of how he's being released, wasn't there a Target listing for Runabout?
Re: First Images of Transformers "Earthrise" Runabout (2079664)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 9th, 2020 @ 12:20pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Go buy Transformers: A Visual History.

More like a LOT bit from all eras. The book is THIIIIIICK!
Re: First Images of Transformers "Earthrise" Runabout (2079667)
Posted by blackeyedprime on September 9th, 2020 @ 1:22pm CDT
Re: First Images of Transformers "Earthrise" Runabout (2079668)
Posted by aronjlove on September 9th, 2020 @ 1:30pm CDT
blackeyedprime wrote:Feels kinda weird being happy with a wfc deluxe car mode and snap dragons ship modes pretty good too despite the odd unfinished looking rear. His cockpit is scary tight when opening/closing but it's not something I'm going to do often and the titan master could probably be sneaked into it during transformation.

Ok, so I'm not the only one feeling that way about the cockpit. I think it is a really cool design, how the cockpit splits and folds all up into the legs, but those two yellow flaps could are really tight to flip open.

Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #260 - Pulsecon 2020
"Pulsecon 2020"
Posted: Sunday, September 27th, 2020

Buy "BNIP: Mcdonalds Transformers Strongarm Action Figure Happy Meal Toy, 2016!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron  Siege Decepticon Seeker Jetfire LAST SET" on EBAY
Buy "2016 McDONALD'S HAPPY MEAL TOY TRANSFORMERS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE GRIMLOCK MASK! " on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Insecticons 3-Pack (Bombshell, Kickback, Shrapnel)" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Kre-O Robots in Disguise Decepticon Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS STEELJAW ROBOTS IN DISGUISE NEW IN PACK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botcon 2005 COMPLETE BOXSET MIB Deathsaurus Ironhide Chromia Dirge" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID: Landfill - Grimlock, Heavyload, Hightower, Wedge" on EBAY