Transformers News: First Images of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Optimus Prime, Sideswipe, Battle Master Firedrive #HasbroSDCC

Friday, July 13th, 2018 2:33PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 32,104

We must be getting closer to San Diego Comic Con, as all specialist media and corollary online outlets are posting their own exclusive stories about Hasbro's new plans for Transformers!

This particular piece of news, sent to us by fellow Seibertronian MaverickPrime, builds on the previous speculation about the new War for Cybertron -GE banner seen here, and confirms the line to be called SIEGE -- with Game Informer bringing us a first look at the character art and renders for Voyager Optimus Prime (seen in the silhouette earlier this week), Deluxe Sideswipe and new Battle Master (Targetmaster) Firedrive. Check them all out below in their Cybertronian vehicle modes and let us know what you think in the Energon Pub discussion boards!

Transformers News: First Images of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Optimus Prime, Sideswipe, Battlemaster Firedri

Transformers: Generations War for Cybertron: Siege Battle Masters WFC-S1 Firedrive

The WFC-S1 FIREDRIVE figure converts from robot mode to Duo-Charge Electrostatic Photon Cannon mode in 5 easy steps. Use the weapon mode to equip other Siege figures (sold separately) with larger mission loadouts and use the included Fire Blasts to simulate blasterfire or explosions firing from the ends of weapon mode Battle Masters or other Siege weapon accessories (not included/ each sold separately).

Retail Price: $5.99

Transformers Generations War for Cybertron: Siege Deluxe Class WFC-S10 Sideswipe

This articulated 5.5-inch scale Deluxe Class WFC-S10 SIDESWIPE action figure features classic conversion between robot and CYBERTRONIAN car modes in 16 steps. The WFC-S10 SIDESWIPE figure features story-inspired battle-worn deco and is equipped with a W-10 Photo-Pulser Proton Launcher weapon accessory and a W-5 Gyro Blaster weapon accessory. The 2 weapon accessories mod-lock together to form the larger RR Gyrofuse Axleswitch Hyper-Blaster.

Retail Price $19.99

Transformers: Generations War for Cybertron: Siege Voyager Class WFC-S11 Optimus Prime

This highly articulated 7-inch scale Voyager Class WFC-S11 OPTIMUS PRIME action figure features classic conversion between robot and CYBERTRONIAN armored truck modes in 27 steps. The figure features story-inspired battle-worn deco and is equipped with a W-50 Dual-Mech ENERGON Strikeshield weapon accessory with converting axe and shield modes and a W-M3 RF Ion Blaster accessory. The 2 weapon accessories mod-lock together to form the larger Sentrystrike Ultra-Blaster. Multiple C.O.M.B.A.T. System weapons ports in bot and vehicle modes allow fans to attach weapons to figure in custom weapon configurations.

Retail Price: $29.99
Credit(s): Game Informer
Re: First Images of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Optimus Prime, Sideswipe, Battle Master Firedrive #HasbroSDCC (1970852)
Posted by william-james88 on July 13th, 2018 @ 2:36pm CDT
Re: First Images of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Optimus Prime, Sideswipe, Battle Master Firedrive #HasbroSDCC (1970855)
Posted by Deadput on July 13th, 2018 @ 2:38pm CDT
Ohhhhhhhhh I sure do love the emphasis of weapon names in the product descriptions.

And target masters on their own? I guess I did always wanted Hasbro to make weapon packs for characters to wield.
Re: First Images of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Optimus Prime, Sideswipe, Battle Master Firedrive #HasbroSDCC (1970856)
Posted by Highbrowseyebrows on July 13th, 2018 @ 2:39pm CDT

Optimus looks alright his robot mode is great

Sideswipe looks fine

I hope firedrive comes with more to him cause $6 is a lot for just the robot

if you look at the back of optimus primes art you can see hound, wheeljack, sideswipe and ironhide.
Re: First Images of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Optimus Prime, Sideswipe, Battle Master Firedrive #HasbroSDCC (1970857)
Posted by The Lonely Cracker on July 13th, 2018 @ 2:39pm CDT
Duo-Charge Electrostatic Photon Cannon

what the f*ck?

In all seriousness though, these look alright, not really as "cybertronian" as I may like, but I can deal with it.
Re: First Images of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Optimus Prime, Sideswipe, Battle Master Firedrive #HasbroSDCC (1970858)
Posted by Mr.MicroMaster on July 13th, 2018 @ 2:43pm CDT
Very interesting. Can't wait to see more. :POPCORN:
Re: First Images of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Optimus Prime, Sideswipe, Battle Master Firedrive #HasbroSDCC (1970863)
Posted by Munkky on July 13th, 2018 @ 2:48pm CDT
Optimus' vehicle mode doesn't look that good to me, but I do like the robot mode. Sideswipe looks good all round, but I doubt I'll get him. I look forward to seeing what other Battle Masters we get.
Re: First Images of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Optimus Prime, Sideswipe, Battle Master Firedrive #HasbroSDCC (1970869)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on July 13th, 2018 @ 2:56pm CDT
Huh, not so much Cybertronian as it is fancy earth modes. Optimus looks pretty good but those upper head lights above the windshield kinda kill the vehicle mode for me.
Re: First Images of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Optimus Prime, Sideswipe, Battle Master Firedrive #HasbroSDCC (1970871)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 13th, 2018 @ 2:57pm CDT
Re: First Images of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Optimus Prime, Sideswipe, Battle Master Firedrive #HasbroSDCC (1970876)
Posted by Cyberpath on July 13th, 2018 @ 3:17pm CDT
Oooo! Finally, a fairly cartoon-accurate Optimus Prime for the CHUG shelf! The old deluxe wasn't cutting it anymore, and everything else was so gimmicky. (It's fun that my favourite Transformer also happens to be arguably the most famous/popular one -- the toys keep rolling out.)

The truck mode though... #-o

Sideswipe also looks pretty cool.

Don't think I like the "wear" effect very much though.
Re: First Images of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Optimus Prime, Sideswipe, Battle Master Firedrive #HasbroSDCC (1970877)
Posted by Emerje on July 13th, 2018 @ 3:18pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Lol, I just saw all the pics. Appaently, their idea of "Cybertronian" modes is just earth modes with some weird exhaust ports at certain areas. Anyways, I was right on it being called Seige.

I was thinking the same thing, it's basically post-movie "futuristic" updates to the pre-movie cast. Not exactly the hover cars we were expecting. I suppose we could still see flying triangles, I think Warden mentioned wanting to do those once.

Highbrowseyebrows wrote:Im hoping those extra battle damage details are real cause ill pay 5 extra dollars for a better paint job

Warden said at Toy Fair that there wouldn't be stickers and they were going for something new and gritty with this line. Expect a lot of dry brushing and paint washes.

But the real news here is it seems like we might FINALLY get our Autobot Targetmasters, shame they probably wont come packed with their partners. Firedrive is Hasbro's new name for Firebolt, Hot Rod's Targetmaster partner in G1. And no, these are not the same as Takara Tomy's Legends Targetmasters, those had knees, these don't.

Also looks like they're doing the same numbering system they're doing with Studio Series. Battle Master Firedrive is WFC-S1, Deluxe Sideswipe is WFC-S10 and Optimus is WFC-S11. "S" probably stands for Seige, should be interesting to see if the numbers continue in the 2020 line with just the letter changed. I'm thinking S1-S3 are Battle Masters, S4-S6 are Legends, S7-S10 are Deluxe, S11 and S12 are Voyagers, and S13 and S14 are Leaders.

Emerje
Re: First Images of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Optimus Prime, Sideswipe, Battle Master Firedrive #HasbroSDCC (1970878)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 13th, 2018 @ 3:19pm CDT
I betcha they’ll release the Targemaster bulks of old as Deluxes, and then sell their respective partners as Battle Masters. It’s the smartest, most diabolical thing ever and I can’t help but be impressed by it.

Sideswipe looks good but I already have Universe (2008) and I adore it.

Optimus, I want to like but something about his truck mode doesn’t sit right with me. Maybe in-hand images and not renders will look better.

The line looks promising, yet must they jump the prices up like they did with Studio Series?
Re: First Images of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Optimus Prime, Sideswipe, Battle Master Firedrive #HasbroSDCC (1970879)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on July 13th, 2018 @ 3:20pm CDT
I really am not a fan of that battle damage, but I will wait to pass my judgement on it until we see the actual figures.
Re: First Images of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Optimus Prime, Sideswipe, Battle Master Firedrive #HasbroSDCC (1970883)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on July 13th, 2018 @ 3:26pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Is that one of the Takara Targetmasters? Gotta say, these look really good, especially Sideswipe.

It looks so very similar in terms of design, aesthetic, and engineering, but the details don't seem to match up quite with any of the Takara Targetmasters from Legends, not even Firebolt. It's very CLOSE to Firebolt, but with some aspects either remolded or new detailing added to the sculpt.

Sideswipe looks VERY good too, but I don't know if I want to start replacing my Classics figures with "Cybertronian" versions, with the exception of Optimus Prime, as stated above, because we've been waiting over a decade for one that looks this good in robot mode.

I'm perfectly happy to collect a bunch of those "Battle Masters" if they are at the $5-6 price point still. Looks like War for Cybertron: Siege will at least allow me to be a little choosey. It would be nice NOT to feel compelled to collect an entire line for character completeness for once.
Re: First Images of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Optimus Prime, Sideswipe, Battle Master Firedrive #HasbroSDCC (1970885)
Posted by Cyberpath on July 13th, 2018 @ 3:36pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:That Optimus Prime looks great...in robot mode. I think he will be my new definitive Optimus Prime for my Classics shelf (Sorry, Cloud Optimus Prime). I do wish he didn't come with all that "battle damage" deco, but I'll manage. Maybe there will be a special edition release with "clean" paint apps later on down the road. The alt mode is recognizable as Optimus Prime's G1 truck, but with some weird extras, like the stuff on his cab roof. It's not at all ideal, but as you don't see much of that "extra" stuff translated over into robot mode, it's acceptable. Now I'm hoping for a good G1 Voyager Megatron to match.

Too bad that Takara doesn't do its own thing with the CHUG line anymore.. maybe they would have retooled Optimus Prime into a more cartoon-accurate truck. (Like with Powermaster and Ginrai.) But oh well. :))
Re: First Images of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Optimus Prime, Sideswipe, Battle Master Firedrive #HasbroSDCC (1970886)
Posted by LevelRage on July 13th, 2018 @ 3:37pm CDT
They all look good, but to earthly for a supposedly cybertronian look. Probably gonna pick them up still.
Re: First Images of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Optimus Prime, Sideswipe, Battle Master Firedrive #HasbroSDCC (1970887)
Posted by Emerje on July 13th, 2018 @ 3:45pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:

100% new molds. They're much simpler than Takara Tomy's including lacking knees. Judging by the size compared to Sideswipe and Prime they're probably about the same size as a Decoy Armor.

Emerje
Re: First Images of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Optimus Prime, Sideswipe, Battle Master Firedrive #HasbroSDCC (1970888)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 13th, 2018 @ 3:45pm CDT
Well I'm liking the worn look of some (presumably) paint apps, but I don't care for the toys designs. Sideswipe's car form looks kinda neat but the robot mode is uninspired boring old blocky Sideswipe that I was already really tired of even back with my original G1 toy (I only kept it cos the Lambo mode) and looks extremely generic for an Autobot car robot. Prime looks alright in robot mode but that truck might actually be one of my least fave truck modes of any Optimus Prime figure ever. I find it really ugly. Longer smokestacks might have looked nicer in both modes than the stubby ones he has. I might pick that figure up for robot mode if I ever find it cheap. Maybe.

I find it kinda amusing to have firing effect pieces on a targetmaster gun since I kinda already did a similar concept with my Firebolt custom a couple years ago.
Re: First Images of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Optimus Prime, Sideswipe, Battle Master Firedrive #HasbroSDCC (1970889)
Posted by NTESHFT on July 13th, 2018 @ 3:46pm CDT
Interesting.... I actually like Primes alt mode. No trailer though?.... sideswipe looks awesome!. Definitely gonna bite on the targetmasters....
Re: First Images of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Optimus Prime, Sideswipe, Battle Master Firedrive #HasbroSDCC (1970890)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on July 13th, 2018 @ 3:48pm CDT
Looks like we might have a strong focus on weapon customization... Which... is my favorite part of Transformers toys.
Re: First Images of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Optimus Prime, Sideswipe, Battle Master Firedrive #HasbroSDCC (1970891)
Posted by Black Hat on July 13th, 2018 @ 3:50pm CDT
Oh dear. The Targetmasters are pretty much the same as Takara's but without knees (or a waist swivel), Prime's truck mode is an unholy mess and he has worse arm kibble than the Classics Voyager, and worst of all, we'll be getting bad customs tier paintjobs as standard.

Wonderful.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #210 - Super Cars
"Super Cars"
Posted: Sunday, October 21st, 2018

Buy "Toys R Us Exclusive Transformers the Last Knight Infernocus Combiner Quintessa" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Novastar Firestar combiner" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power Of The Primes Vector Prime Mini Figure Hasbro NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lot Cybertron Backstop BM Nightviper Combiner Wars Rodimus" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Vintage G1 Swoop Dinobots 3D Custom Print Complete 1985 Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Swindle Deluxe Figure Complete" on EBAY