Saturday, May 30th, 2015 12:36am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 25,629

Here are some in hand pictures of the still unannounced Toysrus exclusive Clash of the Transformers figures that were found in Australia. These are brought to us courtesy of Allspark user Maruten who wrote the following about these toys:

Prime looks okay in robot mode, but his var mode is extremely dull. Megatronus is pretty cool, with a fun transformation.

While these are all never before seen decos, these images give us the first detailed look at the Legion Megatronus mold.

Transformers News: First in hand images of Transformers Robots in Disguise Legion Megatronus and other Clash figures

Credit(s): Allspark user Maruten

Re: First in hand images of Transformers Robots in Disguise Legion Megatronus and other Clash figures (1692322)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 30th, 2015 @ 12:37am CDT
Megatronus's horned head reminds me of Airachnid.
Re: First in hand images of Transformers Robots in Disguise Legion Megatronus and other Clash figures (1692323)
Posted by william-james88 on May 30th, 2015 @ 12:43am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Image

william-james88 wrote:Phantom Steeljaw
Phantomjaw

HA! That name is EVEN BETTER!!!!!!!!! I love it. And the google translate app makes it Phantomjoe, which sounds like your average spirit dude just floating around trying to make a living :lol:

Re: First in hand images of Transformers Robots in Disguise Legion Megatronus and other Clash figures (1692326)
Posted by AutobotAlvaron on May 30th, 2015 @ 12:46am CDT
Re: First in hand images of Transformers Robots in Disguise Legion Megatronus and other Clash figures (1692327)
Posted by william-james88 on May 30th, 2015 @ 12:50am CDT
AutobotAlvaron wrote:Wow! It's Lio Convoy VS Beast Wars II Galvatron all over again, or is it something like re-incarnation Transformers style? I hope that these are eventually made into Leader Class or at least Voyager sized figures. ;)

Megatronus is getting an ultra class figure, that we know :)
Re: First in hand images of Transformers Robots in Disguise Legion Megatronus and other Clash figures (1692328)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 30th, 2015 @ 12:52am CDT
william-james88 wrote:And as for that bumblebee, take it from me Sabr, you are NOT missing out. I have the mold and it is useless. I dont know if you want it for its rarity, but even then, it isnt that rare, to the point that the black versions were being sold at a big lot christmas discount store in my area by the truckload. And no, you shouldnt feel bad about that. They were 35$ and that is 30$ too much for what is essentially and upscaled Power Attacker figure. It isnt bad for what it is and does the job as a smaller kids toy but the value just isnt there (similarly to the giant one step bumblebee from AOE).

And the only one on eBay is $100 bucks! Image Image Image Image
Re: First in hand images of Transformers Robots in Disguise Legion Megatronus and other Clash figures (1692332)
Posted by william-james88 on May 30th, 2015 @ 1:08am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

And the only one on eBay is $100 bucks! Image Image Image Image

Re: First in hand images of Transformers Robots in Disguise Legion Megatronus and other Clash figures (1692333)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 30th, 2015 @ 1:14am CDT
william-james88 wrote:You would only be paying for "rarity" (for the time being, he might be cheaper years later when more people chosse to sell theirs), not for value. That voice chip sure isnt worth that.
But it's JOHNNY FREAKIN' YONG BOSCH!!!! He makes it worth it! =P~ 8) :lol:

And Ryan's gallery shows plenty of articulation for it, so it's much more of a standard figure than a Power Attacker is.

And I own the Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus figure, so I've some experience with a Weaponizer mold and I like that Ultra Magnus.

And it's the only show-accurate representation of Bumblebee's season 3 deco.
Re: First in hand images of Transformers Robots in Disguise Legion Megatronus and other Clash figures (1692334)
Posted by King Kuuga on May 30th, 2015 @ 1:14am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
That Bot wrote:I love bad links almost as much as black Bees!

(and I don't love black Bees much)
Works on my end. :???:

Now it works. Maybe your image host was temporarily overloaded?

Sabrblade wrote:But it's voiced by JOHNNY FREAKIN' YONG BOSCH!!!!!!! :KREMZEEK: :michaelbay: :KREMZEEK: :michaelbay: :KREMZEEK: :michaelbay: :KREMZEEK:

And the only one on eBay is $100 bucks! Image Image Image Image

I like JYB as much as anybody, for both his Power Rangers and voice acting work. But him voicing that toy does not make it that awesome.
Re: First in hand images of Transformers Robots in Disguise Legion Megatronus and other Clash figures (1692344)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 30th, 2015 @ 2:59am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

And the only one on eBay is $100 bucks! Image Image Image Image

Jeez, Will, you were harsh! Weaponizer Bee is a GREAT mold. He's big, great looking, the gimmick is non-intruisive, he's fun to transform, and he's plenty show accurate to boot! He does have his flaws and 40$+tx was too much for it, but at normal voyager price, meaning 30$+tx, this is just right for it. The Black version is even better. The weapon gimmick was replaced with a talking box, featuring the voices of the original Prime actor! plus, the colors are richer and it's the perfect redition of the Prime Bee just before he took his RID form.

I had the regular yellow version that I sold to a dad for 15$. He gave it to his 4yo son who is a hardcore Bee fan. The toy blew his mind! He still need Dad's help to transform it back into a car, but other than that, it's his favorite Bee... Until the giant-ass RID Bee that is coming out soon I guess.

I keep the Black version in my main Bee display and he look just GLORIOUS!

Sabrblade, he's really, really worth it. Here's a few finding where he's not 100$:

http://www.amazon.fr/Transformers-Prime ... B00FFNJIS2

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listin ... dition=new

I do hope you are a UK or European resident.
Re: First in hand images of Transformers Robots in Disguise Legion Megatronus and other Clash figures (1692367)
Posted by shajaki on May 30th, 2015 @ 8:22am CDT
Whats with his grey boots?
Re: First in hand images of Transformers Robots in Disguise Legion Megatronus and other Clash figures (1692370)
Posted by carytheone on May 30th, 2015 @ 8:32am CDT
shajaki wrote:Whats with his grey boots?

Stunning fashion sense? I think he looked that way in the show. I thought it was strange looking as well, but I remember seeing some art work that had jarringly different colored feets. But probably for the standard yeller deco.
Re: First in hand images of Transformers Robots in Disguise Legion Megatronus and other Clash figures (1692372)
Posted by Cobotron on May 30th, 2015 @ 8:44am CDT
william-james88 wrote: the google translate app makes it Phantomjoe, which sounds like your average spirit dude just floating around trying to make a living :lol:
:lol: :lol: I wondered why you kept calling him that. At first I thought it was a typo, but then you kept doing it. :lol: From know on I will only call him Phantom Joe.

I like that Megatronus has that gnarly bayonet on his cannon.
Re: First in hand images of Transformers Robots in Disguise Legion Megatronus and other Clash figures (1692373)
Posted by shajaki on May 30th, 2015 @ 8:48am CDT
carytheone wrote:
shajaki wrote:Whats with his grey boots?

Ahh. I'm naive to most things Prime as I widely ignored it (which yes, I'm kicking myself for now). :BLACKEYE:
Re: First in hand images of Transformers Robots in Disguise Legion Megatronus and other Clash figures (1692375)
Posted by carytheone on May 30th, 2015 @ 9:02am CDT
shajaki wrote:
carytheone wrote:
shajaki wrote:Whats with his grey boots?

Those figures got me back into collecting and are the largest single group in my collection. CW is quuckly catching up. I binged watched the entire series in a week (minus the movie).

I wouldn't mind some first edition quality figures for RID15. Speaking of the appropriate topic, I'm going see if any Jazz or Legion Fixits have shown up in my area.
Re: First in hand images of Transformers Robots in Disguise Legion Megatronus and other Clash figures (1692385)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on May 30th, 2015 @ 9:42am CDT
While I have yet to see a Decepticon design from the RID15 line that I wouldn't like to see as a toy, I have to admit that Chop Shop - for the sheer uniqueness of his design concept - needs to be engineered and molded in plastic and sold by the truckload. I think it pushes the boundaries of what Transformers designs are supposed to be.

Is Phantom Steeljaw's colour scheme known yet?
Re: First in hand images of Transformers Robots in Disguise Legion Megatronus and other Clash figures (1692387)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on May 30th, 2015 @ 9:52am CDT
Megatronus looks like a combination of Armada, WFC, and Hero Megatron all in one.
Re: First in hand images of Transformers Robots in Disguise Legion Megatronus and other Clash figures (1692390)
Posted by william-james88 on May 30th, 2015 @ 10:03am CDT
Cobotron wrote:

As you should. When I saw this on the screen, I just couldnt help but keep this as his name:

NuclearConvoy wrote:
Is Phantom Steeljaw's colour scheme known yet?

I hope that pic answered your question.

As for that Beast Hunters Weaponiser Bee:

The gray boots are because it is really lazy coloring. The paint apps are a joke on the figure (yes I am harsh), to the point that they dont paint crucial coloured plastic:

Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Talking Bumblebee Gallery

Those are supposed to be wheels on his boots, as it is in the show and on every other toy. In fact, this toy has 8 wheels, 4 real ones for car mode and 4 sculpted ones for robot mode. He is just s shell former like the other movie toys that puts his whole vehicle shell on his back and thus must incorporate any vehicle detail in robot mode through sculpting rather than have the actual piece, except for his chest which is indeed the front of the vehicle. And while Ryan is an expert at making toys look good in pics, the reason why he is always in action poses is because he actually cant stand straight.

My biggest pet peeve though are his forearms which are made up of real wheels that have a huge panel over them to conceal them making bumblebee have inner sleeves that go over the palms of his hands.

Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Talking Bumblebee Gallery
Re: First in hand images of Transformers Robots in Disguise Legion Megatronus and other Clash figures (1692392)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 30th, 2015 @ 10:13am CDT
JYB voiced Bumblebee in WFC:

Re: First in hand images of Transformers Robots in Disguise Legion Megatronus and other Clash figures (1692395)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on May 30th, 2015 @ 10:23am CDT
Phantom Joe looks... odd. It sits somewhere between cool and headscratching in colour scheme.
Re: First in hand images of Transformers Robots in Disguise Legion Megatronus and other Clash figures (1692396)
Posted by shajaki on May 30th, 2015 @ 10:26am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Kanrabat, he was not voiced by the original actor, but instead by the asian guy who played the second Black Ranger in Power Rangers, hence why Sabrblade is even more compelled to hunt him down (the toy, not the actor).
I dunno Will... Sabr seems pretty excited... whats to say he's not locked in Sabr's basement right now? :shock: :lol:

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #260 - Pulsecon 2020
"Pulsecon 2020"
Posted: Sunday, September 27th, 2020

Buy "Transformers G1 One Browning Fist  ( Super God Masterforce)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lot - Movie Line RID Prime Cybertron Fall Megatron Optimus Steeljaw" on EBAY
Buy "transformers dark of the moon -Deluxe Class Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe Robots In Disguise: Autobot JAZZ" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise MEGATRON  RID 2001 Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon DOTM Deluxe Mechtech Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Bisk Figure Hasbro 2015 One Step Changer RID HTF" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Vs GI Joe 9 10 Set IDW 2015 Scioli Metroplex Megatron Optimus Prime" on EBAY