First Look at Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Evolution 2-Pack

First Look at Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Evolution 2-Pack

Saturday, May 24th, 2014 12:42am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 58,144

The Transformers Columbia Facebook page continues giving us looks at upcoming Evolutions 2-packs. This time we get our first look at the Optimus Prime Evolutions 2-pack. The set consists of repaints of Classics Optimus Prime and Evasion Mode Optimus Prime. The Classics mold Prime features a G1 deco with chrome thighs, bumper and grill. The Evasion Mode Prime gives us added flames in both alt and robot modes. He also features a head with a faceplate.

Transformers News: First Look at Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Evolution 2-Pack

Credit(s): Transformers Columbia Facebook

This article was last modified on Saturday, May 24th, 2014 12:59am CDT

Re: First Look at Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Evolution 2-Pack (1576739)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on May 24th, 2014 @ 12:45am CDT
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Or they have an Autobot symbol on it to try and avoid spoilers about it starting the movie as a Decepticon, like they did in the ROTF line releasing the Blackout repaint as Grindor to cover that Blackout was back for the sequel

Blackout never came back plus Grindor was in the trailers and it was said they are separate.

We never saw Blackout come back to life (cons had one shard)

While similar Grindor is a different chopper from Blackout

The games call him Grindor so do the toys and he is never called Blackout in rotf so I'm sure it is safe to call him Grindor.

That wasn't blackout in ROTF? I thought it was, my bad.
Re: First Look at Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Evolution 2-Pack (1576740)
Posted by SlyTF1 on May 24th, 2014 @ 12:46am CDT
They finally got it right. :APPLAUSE: And just when I was about to buy the standard version.
Re: First Look at Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Evolution 2-Pack (1576741)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on May 24th, 2014 @ 12:49am CDT

OR

Evasion mode Prime without chrome, closer G1 robot mode, with flames, and a faceplate with the 6th or 7th domestic release of the Classic Prime mold, with chrome. Don't know about you but I'm having a hard time figuring out which set I want.
Re: First Look at Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Evolution 2-Pack (1576743)
Posted by Downbeat on May 24th, 2014 @ 12:56am CDT
Well, I still don't have that classics Optimus mold, and was never able to get any of its other releases. Very, very tempted by this two pack.
Re: First Look at Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Evolution 2-Pack (1576744)
Posted by Seibertron on May 24th, 2014 @ 12:57am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:So basically you can get the Evasion mode Prime with chrome, and a faceplate, in the two pack with Grimlock

OR

I feel like the confusion about which product you prefer is part of the business strategy with all of these repaints. Somewhere in these, if you mix and match parts, is the perfect versions of each of these molds. Curious to see what people come up with.
Re: First Look at Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Evolution 2-Pack (1576745)
Posted by Seibertron on May 24th, 2014 @ 1:04am CDT
Re: First Look at Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Evolution 2-Pack (1576746)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on May 24th, 2014 @ 1:05am CDT
Seibertron wrote:

OR

Re: First Look at Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Evolution 2-Pack (1576747)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on May 24th, 2014 @ 1:07am CDT
Seibertron wrote:This is going to be crazy for the galleries by the way ... I finally have my hands on Crystal Convoy, I never did the gallery of Henkei Ultra Magnus, we've got Fire Guts Ginrai coming out and now this one. Oh! And Cloud Convoy as well. 5 galleries of one mold 8 years after it was released after having been so used in the past. Very interesting!

Don't forget Bot Con shattered glass, and the two black versions!
Re: First Look at Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Evolution 2-Pack (1576748)
Posted by Seibertron on May 24th, 2014 @ 1:08am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I'm just wondering what condition that classic Prime mold is in, I'm expecting much looseness.

I love this comment from people. After 30 uses of the Classics Starscream mold, I think we should be able to finally move away from this thought process about molds degrading after time. Those molds are amazing and they will last the test of time. The only question should really be whether or not the original mold was made of "sturdy stuff" or made from a lesser material that gives way after time.
Re: First Look at Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Evolution 2-Pack (1576749)
Posted by Shadowstream on May 24th, 2014 @ 1:09am CDT
I'm of two minds about this, as on one side it's the same old classics prime mold for the umpteenth time and as much as I like the mold I'm still waiting for someone to one-up it IME, but... DEM CHROME PANTS! :ic$:
Re: First Look at Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Evolution 2-Pack (1576751)
Posted by Seibertron on May 24th, 2014 @ 1:14am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

Don't forget Bot Con shattered glass, and the two black versions!

I think you misread what I wrote. I was only talking about galleries that haven't been completed yet. All 3 of the ones you mentioned have had their galleries completed long ago.

Re: First Look at Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Evolution 2-Pack (1576752)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on May 24th, 2014 @ 1:16am CDT
Seibertron wrote:

My classics Ramjet was loose out of the package. Thundercracker, Dirge, and Thrust from Games of Deception all had loose legs. Target Legion Smokescreen and BH Bluestreak were both loose messes. Bluestreak in particular had issues with the arms staying clipped in. It can't all be bad luck. Then again it could, it's me.
Re: First Look at Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Evolution 2-Pack (1576753)
Posted by Seibertron on May 24th, 2014 @ 1:20am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Seibertron wrote:

Sounds like bad luck. I don't have those issues with any of those figures. Classics Ramjet wouldn't even make sense of mold degradation since it was the 2nd use of the mold out of "30" times (which is arguable if you want to debate that the mold was split off at some point to do the "Conehead" variants).
Re: First Look at Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Evolution 2-Pack (1576754)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on May 24th, 2014 @ 1:20am CDT
Seibertron wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

Don't forget Bot Con shattered glass, and the two black versions!

It's been awhile, I forgot, lol
Re: First Look at Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Evolution 2-Pack (1576756)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on May 24th, 2014 @ 1:27am CDT
Seibertron wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Seibertron wrote:

I don't think I could have all that bad luck, especially considering that retail Thrust and Dirge were made from a second production mold and are fine.
Re: First Look at Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Evolution 2-Pack (1576758)
Posted by durroth on May 24th, 2014 @ 1:55am CDT
one problem with this release. one. they forgot to paint the smokestacks/pistol on classics prime
Re: First Look at Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Evolution 2-Pack (1576763)
Posted by Burn on May 24th, 2014 @ 2:22am CDT
So are we going to get a beat up rusty brown version of Evasion Mode Optimus Prime?

'cause that's what I want. I've never been fussed with the G1 inspired version, toss some flames on him and he's even more unwanted.
Re: First Look at Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Evolution 2-Pack (1576764)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on May 24th, 2014 @ 2:42am CDT
dear god are they trying to make evasion prime look more like a KO? If it was painted good id be all over this but they both look terrible so pass. Plus im sure the price will be extremely high.
Re: First Look at Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Evolution 2-Pack (1576765)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on May 24th, 2014 @ 2:55am CDT
Oh yeah, this is the one I'm getting for sure. I also really REALLY need a version of Nemesis Prime.
Re: First Look at Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Evolution 2-Pack (1576766)
Posted by DinobotScorn on May 24th, 2014 @ 2:57am CDT
I really wished that helicopter was going to be Cyclonus...wasn't he supposed to be in this thing? :???:

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers G1 Walmart retro Headmasters Wave 1 set of 4 Brainstorm Mindwipe!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Skullcruncher" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Headmaster Reissue Hardhead Chromedome Brainstorm Mindwipe Set of 4" on EBAY
Buy "** 2014 - WINDCHARGER Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class **" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Headmaster Skullcruncher" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS THE LAST KNIGHT PREMIER EDITION DELUXE DINOBOT SLUG NEW IN BOX" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Heroes Of Cybertron: Generation One Collection Grimlock." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe DINOBOT SLUDGE Figure Hasbro 2017" on EBAY