First look at Alternity Suzuki Swift Bumblebee

First look at Alternity Suzuki Swift Bumblebee

Friday, August 7th, 2009 5:26am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 20,986

The first images of Suzuki Swift Alternity Bumblebee have surfaced. So far the figure is to have two colors, Champion Yellow (Bumblebee), and Pearl Red (Cliffjumper). Bumblebee is the 3rd installment of the Alternity toyline from Takara. The previous two were Nissan GT-R Convoy and Nissan Fairlady Megatron.

Re: Alternity Bumble Bee Images
Re: Alternity Bumble Bee Images
Re: Alternity Bumble Bee Images
Re: Alternity Bumble Bee Images
Re: Alternity Bumble Bee Images

For those wishing to obtain this figure, our friends at BigBadToyStore can help you out with preorders for both Champion Yellow and Pearl Red.

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for your latest news and updates!

Credit(s): Real Devastator

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: First look at Alternity Suzuki Swift Bumblebee (969465)
Posted by Narc on August 7th, 2009 @ 5:29am CDT
Is it just me or does the bot mode look very disproportionate. The head sculpt looks good though.
Re: First look at Alternity Suzuki Swift Bumblebee (969468)
Posted by Diem on August 7th, 2009 @ 5:34am CDT
What a piece of shit. This is an embarrassment to the other Alternities.
Re: First look at Alternity Suzuki Swift Bumblebee (969471)
Posted by i_amtrunks on August 7th, 2009 @ 5:40am CDT
Seems a little lazy in comparison to Megatron...

Has a Classics Sunstreaker vibe to me.
Re: First look at Alternity Suzuki Swift Bumblebee (969474)
Posted by astig on August 7th, 2009 @ 5:53am CDT
hmmm...looks okay i guess. he's a bit too short and fat even for a bumblebee...
bot mode reminds me of sunstreaker, while alt mode reminds me of ironhide.
guess it's better to wait for pics of the colored version.
Re: First look at Alternity Suzuki Swift Bumblebee (969480)
Posted by tom brokaw on August 7th, 2009 @ 6:02am CDT
very disappointing. crappy alt mode. cool head though. but the rest of him needs to be chunkier, especially the legs.... wouldve been better as a vw beetle
Re: First look at Alternity Suzuki Swift Bumblebee (969509)
Posted by DevastaTTor on August 7th, 2009 @ 7:16am CDT
It's almost insulting that Takara and the vendors plan to charge 50 bucks for this turd. Definitely not for me.
Re: First look at Alternity Suzuki Swift Bumblebee (969513)
Posted by Covenant on August 7th, 2009 @ 7:25am CDT
The conceptual art for him was an instant buy, this prototype is an easy pass.

That item is hardly worth the effort. It sort of shocks me that it has such care in its head, arms and legs only to be complete fail in the torso department. I'm hoping there's some for of mechanism in play that allows the chest to slide in a bit, or something similar. If not, then the bulging chest that sticks out rediculously far was very played down in the concept image.

It's simply stopped stroking me.
Re: First look at Alternity Suzuki Swift Bumblebee (969515)
Posted by Counterpunch on August 7th, 2009 @ 7:28am CDT
Pre-order canceled!

What a F'n ugly sack of shit.

Wow. #-o
Re: First look at Alternity Suzuki Swift Bumblebee (969520)
Posted by Convotron on August 7th, 2009 @ 7:39am CDT
I like the alt mode since it evokes a Bumblebee flavour. VW Beetle, minis, hatchbacks, superminis, etc. all look "right" as BB alt modes to me. Compact cars are the way to go for BB in my opinion.

The robot mode, hmm, very chunky torso while the limbs are relatively scrawny. That's my main issue. It's unbalanced in robot mode. I like the design of the limbs, though, so if I were in charge of designing it, I'd say find a way to alter the torso rather than the limbs.

I like the head sculpt. It's an update to the traditional G1 hornhead design, which I like.

Admittedly, the concept art does show a rotund figure but these photos show a chunkier body. Wow, if only it wasn't so big in the torso, I'd buy this. I like but am in no way a big fan of the other Alternity figures and BB was the first one I was considering buying since his alt mode reminds me of a more traditional alt mode for the character.
Re: First look at Alternity Suzuki Swift Bumblebee (969522)
Posted by Burn on August 7th, 2009 @ 7:42am CDT
Has to be mis-transformed. Can't see TT putting out something that looks nothing more than a re-shelling of a BT.
Re: First look at Alternity Suzuki Swift Bumblebee (969526)
Posted by Wheelimus Prime on August 7th, 2009 @ 7:47am CDT
burn you beat me to it #-o

I think it is miss transformed. look at the chest, it looks like the roof is supposed to flip over

if not then, either way its a pass
Re: First look at Alternity Suzuki Swift Bumblebee (969527)
Posted by Rated X on August 7th, 2009 @ 7:49am CDT
Too cartoonish...
Re: First look at Alternity Suzuki Swift Bumblebee (969532)
Posted by --B-- on August 7th, 2009 @ 7:59am CDT
Could it be that they have his head, arms and legs facing his back, so we don't see the actual front, jus the back with the limbs backward? If not, that is epic, epic fail.
Re: First look at Alternity Suzuki Swift Bumblebee (969538)
Posted by skywarp-2 on August 7th, 2009 @ 8:10am CDT
In the interests of the Children and Kids that browse here..

What a crappy, craptastic crapola piece of junk!

Uhhh.... I think... I think I'm gonna be sick....

Hmmmprghphhh!!!
Re: First look at Alternity Suzuki Swift Bumblebee (969549)
Posted by Technically weird on August 7th, 2009 @ 8:58am CDT
Bumblebee smoked too much pot with spike as a minibot.
Re: First look at Alternity Suzuki Swift Bumblebee (969552)
Posted by Convotron on August 7th, 2009 @ 9:02am CDT
Technically weird wrote:Bumblebee smoked too much pot with spike as a minibot.

He got the energon munchies and now he's as wide as Optimus.
Re: First look at Alternity Suzuki Swift Bumblebee (969562)
Posted by Kibble on August 7th, 2009 @ 9:14am CDT
I'm hopeful some color or some fiddling with the transformation improves the look of this thing greatly...as of now, I think I'm with the "yikes!" crowd.
Re: First look at Alternity Suzuki Swift Bumblebee (969593)
Posted by kirbenvost on August 7th, 2009 @ 9:58am CDT
Convotron wrote:
Technically weird wrote:Bumblebee smoked too much pot with spike as a minibot.

He got the energon munchies and now he's as wide as Optimus.

lol

Counterpunch wrote:Pre-order canceled!

What a F'n ugly sack of shit.

Wow. #-o

When it even draws your ire, there's something wrong. :lol:

Yeah, so far it doesn't look good, but I'll wait to see some color pics before making my final judgement.

Even if the lower torso extends more so you can see his hip armor under it would be a major improvement. He's just too short and fat.
Re: First look at Alternity Suzuki Swift Bumblebee (969600)
Posted by Jacob P. Galvatron on August 7th, 2009 @ 10:11am CDT
Everything is fine, but his body.
I can understand having their chest as the face of the car, but not half the frikin' car being their body.
Re: First look at Alternity Suzuki Swift Bumblebee (969642)
Posted by Editor on August 7th, 2009 @ 11:30am CDT
Alt mode looks great....
but that bot mode, it can't be right.

No change of grabbing this one unless there is a mistransformation here.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #261 - Ratchets, Tigers and Planes
"Ratchets, Tigers and Planes"
Posted: Sunday, October 11th, 2020

Buy "TRANSFORMERS GHOSTBUSTERS ECTOTRON ECTO-1 EXCLUSIVE!!" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations - Fall of Cybertron - Voyager: Grimlock Action …" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron  Deluxe Class Starscream Nice!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Wars Vintage Dinobot Deluxe Class for PARTS Raptor Pink Brown" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 (Europe) Turbomasters: Flash" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Cybertron SHOCKWAVE Incomplete Deluxe Foc" on EBAY
Buy "2019 Hasbro Gamestop Exclusive Transformers Ghostbusters Ectotron Ecto-1 New MIP" on EBAY
Buy "G.I. Joe vs Transformers TPB Snake Eyes Rare OOP Stomshadow Duke Scarlet Prime" on EBAY