First Look at Animated Bulkhead In-Package

First Look at Animated Bulkhead In-Package

Tuesday, January 8th, 2008 2:53pm CST

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News
Posted by: Skowl   Views: 42,599

Seibertron.com user Windracer has alerted us that Unicron.com has posted some new images of Transformers Animated Bulkhead In-Package. This is the second in-package Voyager figure from the series we've seen this week, along with the Voyager Starscream figure which you can see here

For the images of Voyager-class Bulkhead in-package click here

Credit(s): Unicron.com, Windracer

Re: First Look at Animated Bulkhead In-Package (597783)
Posted by Orion_Prime48 on January 8th, 2008 @ 3:13pm CST
hes cool lookin ill get him if I can find em
Re: First Look at Animated Bulkhead In-Package (597785)
Posted by shortround on January 8th, 2008 @ 3:18pm CST
Instresting figure don't if I would get him I will wait untill I see him in person to decide.
Re: First Look at Animated Bulkhead In-Package (597792)
Posted by 1337W422102 on January 8th, 2008 @ 3:23pm CST
Not feeling it. It just looks too... well, literally retarded.
Re: First Look at Animated Bulkhead In-Package (597802)
Posted by Autobot Jazz on January 8th, 2008 @ 3:29pm CST
Looks nice, but I'm not much of a Bulhead fan, I'll consider it
Re: First Look at Animated Bulkhead In-Package (597827)
Posted by dabattousai on January 8th, 2008 @ 3:51pm CST
A Voyager Class that's robot mode is just about the size of a Deluxe class???
Re: First Look at Animated Bulkhead In-Package (597833)
Posted by Doctor Paragon on January 8th, 2008 @ 3:55pm CST
Yes he's short...
He's also really, really bulky (hence the name...).

My big question is what the heck does the black button
on his right bicep do?
Re: First Look at Animated Bulkhead In-Package (597837)
Posted by Windracer on January 8th, 2008 @ 3:59pm CST
W00t, I made the news. :DANCE:

Oh, right, back on topic... I like what I'm seeing of the fig so far. The packaging is still a little out there, but I definitely intend on picking him up.

I do wish they'd decided to call him Crumplezone or something, though. I swear he looks like some long lost distant relative... XD
Re: First Look at Animated Bulkhead In-Package (597850)
Posted by Uniprimus on January 8th, 2008 @ 4:15pm CST
THAT'S supposed to be a Voyager?! The things SMALLER than a Deluxe!

Blackout: Welcome to the club, Bulkhead.
Re: First Look at Animated Bulkhead In-Package (597853)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on January 8th, 2008 @ 4:17pm CST
I don't like the colors that Animated is running with. Everything is both bold and flat at the same time.

The shape of the box I like, I hate when the fronts bubble out, you can never store those.

Either way, this figure is a pass for though.
Re: First Look at Animated Bulkhead In-Package (597857)
Posted by i_amtrunks on January 8th, 2008 @ 4:20pm CST
Apparently, the Black tab activates a punching action on his right arm.

I really like the look of this figure, he has proportions that suit the character, even if he is short for a Voyager (or even a deluxe) he does have a lot of bulk. Unlike Movie Blackout he doesn't lose half of his alt mode to make his robot mode, which is good.

Loving the paint work and the show likeness of this line more and more. Bring on June 08!
Re: First Look at Animated Bulkhead In-Package (597859)
Posted by Heavy B on January 8th, 2008 @ 4:21pm CST
windracer nothing. I found it first this morning

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=34129
Re: First Look at Animated Bulkhead In-Package (597873)
Posted by microclone on January 8th, 2008 @ 4:32pm CST
Excellent.

In bulkheads case the box seems to work, its bright and you can see the toy. Admittedly in box he looks more like an easter egg and that box really needs to be square.

What i like about the overall look is that it actually looks like a.......TOY, it looks like something a kid might get a bit excited over. The only thing that bothers me is the lack of a tech specs card or sheet, even energon had those, it just gives a little more individuality to the bot. Bulkhead reminds me of a cross between the macross destroid spartan and monster. Despite haters saying bulkhead isnt popular (they seen polls or something?? or asked kids their opinions??) i reckon kids will like him just because hes 'big' and bulky.
Re: First Look at Animated Bulkhead In-Package (597878)
Posted by Stormrider on January 8th, 2008 @ 4:35pm CST
Re: First Look at Animated Bulkhead In-Package (597890)
Posted by Zeedust on January 8th, 2008 @ 4:46pm CST
1337W422102 wrote:Not feeling it. It just looks too... well, literally retarded.

That's probably intentional, seeing as Bulkhead's a big dumb oaf.
Re: First Look at Animated Bulkhead In-Package (597897)
Posted by microclone on January 8th, 2008 @ 4:49pm CST
Stormrider wrote:I wonder how well this will sell since the alt mode is not something that kids can easily identify (in my opinion).

im not sure bulkheads alt mode is especially outlandish compared to TF from any line, if anything he is rather ordinary, a four wheeled (edit:6 wheeled!)roundish little truck.
Re: First Look at Animated Bulkhead In-Package (597904)
Posted by microclone on January 8th, 2008 @ 4:53pm CST
the transformation is great, looks simple but ingenious (In contrast to move BB 08 which is quite ingenious but fiddly and probably annoying for kids), I like the folding wheels to form the heels. The lack of bot stuff showing in the alt mode is commendable and the kibble works as it should by actually forming the robot proper instead of getting in the way (classics prime arms and back) or being little more than a shell. kudos to the designer.
Re: First Look at Animated Bulkhead In-Package (597909)
Posted by thedistinctroom on January 8th, 2008 @ 4:57pm CST
Why are there already 2 threads about this? As I stated in the other thread, I am not getting any Animated toys.
Re: First Look at Animated Bulkhead In-Package (597918)
Posted by 1337W422102 on January 8th, 2008 @ 5:03pm CST
Nemesis Primal wrote:

That's probably intentional, seeing as Bulkhead's a big dumb oaf.

Yeah, I figured as much.
Tardy Turtle from Greg The Bunny FTW.
Re: First Look at Animated Bulkhead In-Package (597945)
Posted by Autobot032 on January 8th, 2008 @ 5:23pm CST
1.) The packaging is ridiculous. (Far too much wasted space.)
2.) He's too small to be a Voyager. (Ultra would've been perfect for him.)
3.) His transformation is far more complex than I imagined. (Plus!)
4.) He captures the animation model almost perfectly. (So bought.)

I'm seriously P.O.ed about the size class differences, but I'll forgive it.
Re: First Look at Animated Bulkhead In-Package (597952)
Posted by Jaz-Zen on January 8th, 2008 @ 5:33pm CST
I've said from the beginning that I like the Animated toys as a whole, but I DO NOT like Bulkhead, and I have no plans to buy him.

However, while I still am not going to buy him, these pictures DO make him look better than I've seen so far. This is the first I've heard that his toy actually has his "wrecking ball" from the show, so I think that's really cool. I may not buy him, but I think there will be plenty of kids that will think he's pretty cool, so I think he WILL sell.

Yeah, he's grown on me... I like him... But not enough to buy him. :P

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters HUN-GURRR & TwinStrike Cyberverse Abominus Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-23 Metroplex Action Figure Japan F/S" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends SHARKTICON SWEEPS Complete LG-44 Titans Return Takara GNAW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Hoist Complete with Comic G1 CHUG" on EBAY
Buy "Cryotek Complete Ultra RID Universe Transformers Robots in Disguise 2001 2002" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Combiner Wars Skywarp" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Scourge/Sweeps Body Part, Right Side Shield Lot" on EBAY