First Look at Card Artwork for Titans Return Slugslinger

First Look at Card Artwork for Titans Return Slugslinger

Monday, May 15th, 2017 9:15am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 19,655

UK vendor, The Entertainer, has a new picture for their button bringing you to the Transformers Generations sections (which currently includes some decent deals with Titans Return Voyagers at £21.) This button has a picture of no other than Titans return Slugslinger, who is not due out until the final wave of Titans Return, in the fall. This gives us a look at the artwork that will probably be used for both his trading card and the packaging's card back.

Transformers News: First Look at Card Artwork for Titans Return Slugslinger

Credit(s): The Entertainer

This article was last modified on Monday, May 15th, 2017 10:23am CDT

Re: First Look at Card Artwork for Titans Return Slugslinger (1881767)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on May 15th, 2017 @ 10:08am CDT
RAR wrote:But to be honest those tabs on Optimus have never personally caused me a moments bother.
But why they are designed to overlap rather than sit flush is a bit of a puzzle of the designer's mind.

10:1 one of the designers got lazy and mirror-reversed the cad file for that section of the wing rather than edit it properly to match up with the other side.
Re: First Look at Card Artwork for Titans Return Slugslinger (1881770)
Posted by Kurona on May 15th, 2017 @ 10:23am CDT
Re: First Look at Card Artwork for Titans Return Slugslinger (1881780)
Posted by william-james88 on May 15th, 2017 @ 11:03am CDT
Kurona wrote:These prices are absolutely shameful... ah well, Slugslinger looks cool at least :)

Even the voyager prices?
Re: First Look at Card Artwork for Titans Return Slugslinger (1881781)
Posted by Kurona on May 15th, 2017 @ 11:06am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Even the voyager prices?

The price they had them at originally is absolutely extortionate - the price they're on 'sale' at now is average for a Voyager.
With this and TLK's own price hike I really have to wonder if there's something up with the economy right now I'm not noticing.
Re: First Look at Card Artwork for Titans Return Slugslinger (1881809)
Posted by Randomhero on May 15th, 2017 @ 2:04pm CDT
My prices are still the same here in Iowa. I stopped by some stores to see if I could find blitzing and Octane and all the pieces are the same as they have been. Even if they go up it's still my choice to buy them. No one is forcing me.
Re: First Look at Card Artwork for Titans Return Slugslinger (1881816)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 15th, 2017 @ 2:15pm CDT
Kurona wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Even the voyager prices?

"Similar size, similar price. Take the higher of the two, what way we make more moneys! :ic$: "
Re: First Look at Card Artwork for Titans Return Slugslinger (1881825)
Posted by RAR on May 15th, 2017 @ 2:29pm CDT

-------

The end of the wings is actually very different in the moulding on one wing you have two deep cut out rectangles with a tab and the other side it's just one deep rectangle and one shallow one.
Re: First Look at Card Artwork for Titans Return Slugslinger (1881827)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on May 15th, 2017 @ 2:39pm CDT
RAR wrote:If the wings didn't fold up then Takara's Black Convoy would have had wings - laugh.

-------

I just though they were supposed to be off center. It seems to work just fine for me.

Re: First Look at Card Artwork for Titans Return Slugslinger (1881835)
Posted by ExciKaiser on May 15th, 2017 @ 3:52pm CDT
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:

When you try to transform him into truck, notice the tabs inside the legs, and the holes on the wings where they're supposed to plug in.
If you keep the wings like this, you cant plug them.
Re: First Look at Card Artwork for Titans Return Slugslinger (1881846)
Posted by RAR on May 15th, 2017 @ 4:48pm CDT
On side is enough it seems.
Re: First Look at Card Artwork for Titans Return Slugslinger (1881857)
Posted by Qwan on May 15th, 2017 @ 5:39pm CDT
Kurona wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Even the voyager prices?

Who knows really, but I'm pretty sure a lot of it is down to the individual retailer. Going off the prices for Transformers in each major store in my area, we have:
    - Generations toys at the same price they have been since FoC (except for deluxes, which have gone down by $5 at the start of TR), in all three stores
    - TLK Voyagers going for the exact same (non-inflated) price as Gen Voyagers, in the one store that has price tags for that class (none in my area actually have the toys themselves out, though)
    - TLK Deluxes going for varying amounts, from $30 in two of the stores ($5 more than current Gen Deluxes,
    and the same price as FoC->CW Deluxes) to an extortionate $35 (~$26US!!) in the third.
Based on the wildly-varying Deluxe prices, I do feel fairly confident that there's no economic thing going on, on Hasbro's end at least. I mean I guess the RRP is probably higher on TLK stuff because it has the word "Premier" in front, but aside from that it seems to be entirely just individual stores doing whatever they think they can get away with, in terms of pricing.
Re: First Look at Card Artwork for Titans Return Slugslinger (1881917)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 15th, 2017 @ 10:30pm CDT
Hey! Titan Masters work with the Last Knight Knight Armor Megatron!!!

Re: First Look at Card Artwork for Titans Return Slugslinger (1881937)
Posted by Seibertron on May 16th, 2017 @ 12:11am CDT
At first glance, Titans Return Legends Class Cosmos appeared to be the same as his previous release under the Generations line from a few years ago, with the obvious exclusion of his partner Payload. However, upon closer inspection, there were several noteworthy differences that might warrant a second purchase for those of you who are completionists or enjoy collecting variants. The various differences between Titans Return Cosmos and Generations Cosmos are listed below. In addition, we have provided photos that demonstrate these differences (Titans Return Cosmos is on the right hand side of the pictures).

• Darker shade of green
  • Lighter shade of yellow
  • Head and "neck" piece are molded in red instead of white
  • Color of "blue" windows is slightly different
  • Color of "blue" eye visor is slightly different
  • Forearms are yellow
  • Autobot symbol is smaller on right shoulder/arm

Are these differences enough to get you to purchase this figure again? Can't wait to get your hands on this popular release for the first time? Let us know your thoughts in our ongoing Titans Return discussion on Seibertron.com's Energon Pub forums.

Re: First Look at Card Artwork for Titans Return Slugslinger (1881940)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 16th, 2017 @ 12:17am CDT
Oh, wow. Nice catch on the differences. I guess Hasbro's claims of it being a straight reissue weren't that true after all (or even they didn't know about the differences).

This is pretty neat seeing the two versions so up close. I think the only difference I like better on the newer one is the neck being red instead of white, but I wouldn't call it enough of an improvement to get me to double-dip. Still great for anyone who missed out on the first version, though. ;)^
Re: First Look at Card Artwork for Titans Return Slugslinger (1881945)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 16th, 2017 @ 12:40am CDT
Re: First Look at Card Artwork for Titans Return Slugslinger (1881947)
Posted by AutobotJazz on May 16th, 2017 @ 12:48am CDT
Since I already have the first release of cosmos, no need for this one. But Seaspray is looking better each time I see him. That one's a must for me.
Re: First Look at Card Artwork for Titans Return Slugslinger (1881949)
Posted by Emerje on May 16th, 2017 @ 12:52am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Did TR Cosmos carry over the 5mm peg hole on the bottom of the saucer mode from CW Scrounge?

Yeah, this. I've been asking about this from the start and the answer was always "Hasbro said it was a straight re-release", but now we know better. It makes sense to use the Scrounge modified body, especially since it appears they had to adjust the mold to do the red neck and yellow forearms.

Emerje
Re: First Look at Card Artwork for Titans Return Slugslinger (1881953)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on May 16th, 2017 @ 1:04am CDT
May buy this if I see it in stores cos I never ever saw the Generations version for sale and original G1 Cosmos was one of my very first ever TFs.

Again I would still love it Scrounge got released as a seperate toy. He's the one I have more fondness for the character cos of the Smelting Pool storyline and I have Straxus (or Darkmount, whatever) whereas Cosmos I just have nostalgia for the toy.
Re: First Look at Card Artwork for Titans Return Slugslinger (1881955)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on May 16th, 2017 @ 1:08am CDT
Some of the changes to Titans Return Cosmos were actually first done by Takara-Tomy for TAV Cosmos/Adams. Takara's version of this mold also has yellow forearms and a head assembly cast in red plastic instead of white plastic. It would be interesting to see this new Hasbro version side by side with Takara's version to check the greens and yellows. I have a sneaking suspicion that the only difference between TR Cosmos and TAV Adams is down to the paint apps.
Re: First Look at Card Artwork for Titans Return Slugslinger (1881970)
Posted by Prime Target on May 16th, 2017 @ 3:13am CDT
Thanks for telling me! i like both of them and i'll get both although i'll have Scrounge long before i get either of these two :D

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Titans Return SKULLSMASHER & GRAX Deluxe Class Hasbro New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Voyager Brainstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Autobot Headmaster Retro G1 Re-Issue Brainstorm Figure" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS G1 Headmaster Reissue WEIRDWOLF Brand New! Walmart Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Headmaster Weirdwolf Reissue Walmart Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Ultra Magnus Fall of Cybertron FoC" on EBAY
Buy "HEADMASTER Skullcruncher TRANSFORMERS G1 Hasbro 1986 Figure Vintage Collectible" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Exclusive Generations Fall Of Cybertron Voyager Blaster" on EBAY