First Look at Encore Omega Supreme's Face, and More!

First Look at Encore Omega Supreme's Face, and More!

Monday, March 24th, 2008 5:23pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: i_amtrunks   Views: 26,162

Following up from our earlier report comes a new scan posted on talk.transformers, taken from the "Figure-Oh Magazine", featuring the first look at the new face for the Upcoming Encore #10 Omega Supreme.

The scan also features images of the 5 minibots to be included in the Encore #09 Mini-Bot collection, Henkei Hot Rodimus and Astrotrain, G1 Music Label Convoy, as well as the upcoming Binaltech figures BT 19 Bluestreak and BT 20 Meister.

You can check out the image below, or in the original thread by clicking here.

Credit(s): Figure-Oh Magazine, talk.transformers

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: First Look at Encore Omega Supreme's Face, and More! (663410)
Posted by 1337W422102 on March 24th, 2008 @ 5:25pm CDT
Holy crap, I'm lovin' that Astrotrain.
Re: First Look at Encore Omega Supreme's Face, and More! (663414)
Posted by First Gen on March 24th, 2008 @ 5:33pm CDT
Not such a great shot of the new mold for OS. But I love that ML Prime. Wish I could buy just the cab.
Re: First Look at Encore Omega Supreme's Face, and More! (663423)
Posted by Pot Bot on March 24th, 2008 @ 5:40pm CDT
so thats the final decision on the minibots then???
Re: First Look at Encore Omega Supreme's Face, and More! (663426)
Posted by Hard Hacker on March 24th, 2008 @ 5:42pm CDT
I hate the looks of those Classics. Rodimus is the best looking one, but I prefered the clear cockpit.

Japan's good at redoing Minibots though, I like the looks of Pipes, Tailgate, Outback and Swerve.

The Music Label Optimus Prime looks interesing, a toy and an iPod dock.

I'm interested in this Omega Supreme retool. The gimmick was that the bubl lit up and you could see it. With a (new) face, it'd be itneresing to see how it works now.

Alas, my age and lack of money means I can't be more than the casual collector, which is a shame, I've allways wanted to own an Omega Supreme figure. What better than the orginal, especially a show-accurate (As far as you can get with Frolo Dery in any case) toy for sale now.
Re: First Look at Encore Omega Supreme's Face, and More! (663441)
Posted by Tigertrack on March 24th, 2008 @ 6:00pm CDT
Now if they could just put some knee, and hip joints into Omega's legs...

Henkei Rodimus does not look very different. I need a side by side comparison. Guess i'll have to buy one so I can make it. :D

Minibot set is cool.
Re: First Look at Encore Omega Supreme's Face, and More! (663507)
Posted by capellamusic on March 24th, 2008 @ 7:15pm CDT
I can't figure out Omega Supreme's new face on that picture :( .

About the minibots Bumblebee looks great, but I was hoping that the other 4 were Powerglide, Huffer, Cosmos and Warpath :( . Still they're cool.
Re: First Look at Encore Omega Supreme's Face, and More! (663508)
Posted by Glitcher on March 24th, 2008 @ 7:17pm CDT
Uh... what am I supposed to be looking at? I can't see Omega Supreme's face at all. Just a silhouette on his visor.
Re: First Look at Encore Omega Supreme's Face, and More! (663520)
Posted by Stormrider on March 24th, 2008 @ 7:29pm CDT
Awesome. Takara has made me happy again. I am loving the Omega Supreme face idea. I can make out eyes, mouth, and chin. I will need to review the magazine today to be sure. I wonder if the face is a cardboard cut-out like Ironhide & Ratchet or if it comes already inserted in the package?

I always wanted those minibots. I passed on them 20 years ago and regretted it. I'm psyched. The Encore line continues to offer something a little different than the Transformers Collection series that Takara did a couple years ago. I hope it continues.

Music Label Prime is looking good and so are the Henkei series.
Re: First Look at Encore Omega Supreme's Face, and More! (663549)
Posted by Delicon on March 24th, 2008 @ 7:56pm CDT
I don't see the point in doing the Minibots when you can buy a mint lot of the same thiung for pretty cheap. At one point I had every minibot in my collection, they don't have the lasting sentuimental value to me of some TF's.

I agree with the comment about the Rodimus, of all the Classics I thought his was the one that needed the least adjusting and it shows.
Re: First Look at Encore Omega Supreme's Face, and More! (663560)
Posted by Autobot Snake Eyes on March 24th, 2008 @ 8:11pm CDT
I will only get OS and BB.
Re: First Look at Encore Omega Supreme's Face, and More! (663569)
Posted by Autobot Jazz on March 24th, 2008 @ 8:15pm CDT
Face:awesome. Purchase:definite.
Re: First Look at Encore Omega Supreme's Face, and More! (663572)
Posted by Mandamus on March 24th, 2008 @ 8:21pm CDT
I'm disappointed that's the final minibot lineup. I think I'll cancel my pre-order and just try to find a Bumblebee with the accurate head.
Re: First Look at Encore Omega Supreme's Face, and More! (663580)
Posted by thedistinctroom on March 24th, 2008 @ 8:37pm CDT
Holy crap! Music Label Convoy has a new head mold hehe! :D
Re: First Look at Encore Omega Supreme's Face, and More! (663592)
Posted by muswp1 on March 24th, 2008 @ 9:00pm CDT
I like the revised minibot lineup, it's hard to find the Season 3 ones without a lot of chrome wear, especially Pipes. I can't quite tell what they did with Omega's head until a better pic surfaces.
Re: First Look at Encore Omega Supreme's Face, and More! (663596)
Posted by microclone on March 24th, 2008 @ 9:07pm CDT

hopefully takara will reissue the colllection set later on, surely they still have the moulds for that.
Re: First Look at Encore Omega Supreme's Face, and More! (663598)
Posted by Defcon! on March 24th, 2008 @ 9:12pm CDT
I can make out OSs face a little bit but i hope there will soon be a better picture. I always wish they made him with a face. I love the accurate BB head very cool! I've never bought any rereleases but i might start making exceptions because of the accuracy. Only though if there is a significant difference in the head or face sculpt. :D
Re: First Look at Encore Omega Supreme's Face, and More! (663617)
Posted by Stormrider on March 24th, 2008 @ 9:42pm CDT
microclone wrote:the minbots, i was hoping for the collection set lineup, more variety but i do quite like these, i see that pipes and swerve are not just repaints but quite significant remoulds or other toys, pipes is kind of a backwards version of his original huffer toy, cool.

Besides being different colors they all offer a little bit of retooling or different heads compared to Gears, Brawn, Huffer, and

Gears and Swerve have different heads, legs, and different chests.

Brawn and Outback have different heads, hands, a different winch, and torsos.

Pipes and Huffer look similiar in alt mode but completely different in robot mode.

Windcharger and Tailgate also offer a different head and torso.
Re: First Look at Encore Omega Supreme's Face, and More! (663629)
Posted by Zeds on March 24th, 2008 @ 9:56pm CDT
I think that the face mould on OS is great. Improvement to the nothing at all that we got with the G1 release in the 80s.
Re: First Look at Encore Omega Supreme's Face, and More! (663664)
Posted by Solrac333 on March 24th, 2008 @ 10:41pm CDT
Man! That Astrotrain is WAY better than the crappy paint Hasbro did.
Re: First Look at Encore Omega Supreme's Face, and More! (663691)
Posted by UltraPrimal on March 24th, 2008 @ 11:32pm CDT
I've thought about it, and I don't like the face on Omega Supreme. Maybe when we get better pics I'll change my mind.

That minibot line-up almost totally different from what's on BBTS. Maybe they'll can do multiple sets. One with Bumblebee, Tailgate, Pipes, Swerve, and Outback. Another with Cliffjumper, Powerglide, Warpath, Cosmos, and Huffer. A third with Beachcomber, Brawn, Gears, Seaspray, and Windcharger. Etc. I don't own any minibots, so I'd buy any or all of those sets.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Commander Class Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 80 84 Devastator Constructicon Scrapper" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers R.e.d. MEGATRON Vinyl RED Series Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Starscream and wfc generations starscream lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lot-Cyberverse Bumblebee and Jazz, Quick Change" on EBAY