First Look at Furai Model Red Bumblebee and IDW Ultra Magnus

First Look at Furai Model Red Bumblebee and IDW Ultra Magnus

Thursday, February 27th, 2020 11:54pm CST

Categories: Comic Book News, Toy News
Posted by: Emerje   Views: 24,644

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Looks like we've got a few more Flame Toys Furai Models coming on the horizon. While not shown at Toy Fair this past weekend, scans uploaded to MyFigureCollection.net from what appears to be a Flame Toys catalog that might have been available at Toy Fair revealed a pair of familiar repaints. First is the Bumblebee with heli-pack kit in red coming in June. We don't get a whole lot of red recolors of Bumblebee that aren't Cliffjumper, but the repaints are pretty standard all the same. Next is our perennial Optimus Prime repaint, this time into "inner" Ultra Magnus. It's a good looking kit, but probably not quite the IDW representation most were hoping for. He'll be out sometime in August.

Transformers News: First Look at Furai Model Red Bumblebee and IDW Ultra Magnus

Transformers News: First Look at Furai Model Red Bumblebee and IDW Ultra Magnus

So what do you think about these newly revealed recolors? Good, bad or indifferent be sure to sound off in the Energon Pub forums!

Credit(s): MyFigureCollection.net


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: First Look at Furai Model Red Bumblebee and IDW Ultra Magnus (2054830)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 28th, 2020 @ 4:02am CST
Lazy repaints, but as expected.
I just find too bad that the UM kit won't be double sized with a removable armor. Even if the armor won't combine into something else, it would have been nice to have the option, even if the kit would have been double the price as a result.
Re: First Look at Furai Model Red Bumblebee and IDW Ultra Magnus (2054835)
Posted by ZeroWolf on February 28th, 2020 @ 5:15am CST
A Sari kit would go down well, you could even include a simpler snap together piece to represent her child form to go along with her older self and robot form.
Re: First Look at Furai Model Red Bumblebee and IDW Ultra Magnus (2054836)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 28th, 2020 @ 5:21am CST
ZeroWolf wrote:A Sari kit would go down well, you could even include a simpler snap together piece to represent her child form to go along with her older self and robot form.


A 3 in one kit could also be nice.
Child, grown up, and combat form. This would make such a great display piece!
Re: First Look at Furai Model Red Bumblebee and IDW Ultra Magnus (2054838)
Posted by Emerje on February 28th, 2020 @ 5:30am CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:Lazy repaints, but as expected.
I just find too bad that the UM kit won't be double sized with a removable armor. Even if the armor won't combine into something else, it would have been nice to have the option, even if the kit would have been double the price as a result.

That would be neat, but that sounds like something more fitting for the Kuro Kara Kuri figure line.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:A Sari kit would go down well, you could even include a simpler snap together piece to represent her child form to go along with her older self and robot form.


A 3 in one kit could also be nice.
Child, grown up, and combat form. This would make such a great display piece!


Seams like a great way for a sucker like me to buy the same figure three times. :-?

Emerje
Re: First Look at Furai Model Red Bumblebee and IDW Ultra Magnus (2054840)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on February 28th, 2020 @ 7:11am CST
If we were to make requests, how about a T-AI Model Kit. I think she deserves some love since she only has one, maybe two figurines ever made for her
Image
Re: First Look at Furai Model Red Bumblebee and IDW Ultra Magnus (2054841)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 28th, 2020 @ 8:34am CST
grimdragon2001 wrote:If we were to make requests, how about a T-AI Model Kit. I think she deserves some love since she only has one, maybe two figurines ever made for her
[img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/353888541274537985/682937784314495252/290px-T-AI-colorsheet.jpg[/im]


I'd like it a lot too.
Because that miniature ecchi onsen scene is not enough.
Still, that's way more than what Sari ever got.
Re: First Look at Furai Model Red Bumblebee and IDW Ultra Magnus (2054843)
Posted by Cheesinator on February 28th, 2020 @ 9:03am CST
Which IDW version of Magnus is this meant to represent? Looks absolutely nothing like the More Than Meets The Eye character, but I'm guessing he looked different in All Hail Megatron or something?
Re: First Look at Furai Model Red Bumblebee and IDW Ultra Magnus (2054845)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 28th, 2020 @ 9:22am CST
Cheesinator wrote:Which IDW version of Magnus is this meant to represent? Looks absolutely nothing like the More Than Meets The Eye character, but I'm guessing he looked different in All Hail Megatron or something?


What UM he's supposed to represent is irrelevant when an easy repaint can be done.
Re: First Look at Furai Model Red Bumblebee and IDW Ultra Magnus (2054862)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on February 28th, 2020 @ 12:06pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Cheesinator wrote:Which IDW version of Magnus is this meant to represent? Looks absolutely nothing like the More Than Meets The Eye character, but I'm guessing he looked different in All Hail Megatron or something?


What UM he's supposed to represent is irrelevant when an easy repaint can be done.
He's the Flame Toys equivalent of MP02.

That said, he could potentially represent the first Ultra Magnus' cab robot.
Re: First Look at Furai Model Red Bumblebee and IDW Ultra Magnus (2055079)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 29th, 2020 @ 5:56pm CST
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Cheesinator wrote:Which IDW version of Magnus is this meant to represent? Looks absolutely nothing like the More Than Meets The Eye character, but I'm guessing he looked different in All Hail Megatron or something?


What UM he's supposed to represent is irrelevant when an easy repaint can be done.
He's the Flame Toys equivalent of MP02.

That said, he could potentially represent the first Ultra Magnus' cab robot.

sort of this. IDW Magnus never looked like this, this is simply a Dreamwave Magnus situation
Re: First Look at Furai Model Red Bumblebee and IDW Ultra Magnus (2055251)
Posted by carytheone on March 1st, 2020 @ 2:39pm CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Cheesinator wrote:Which IDW version of Magnus is this meant to represent? Looks absolutely nothing like the More Than Meets The Eye character, but I'm guessing he looked different in All Hail Megatron or something?


What UM he's supposed to represent is irrelevant when an easy repaint can be done.
He's the Flame Toys equivalent of MP02.

That said, he could potentially represent the first Ultra Magnus' cab robot.

sort of this. IDW Magnus never looked like this, this is simply a Dreamwave Magnus situation
Release and add-on kit to armor Magnus up and I'm all in ;)^
Re: First Look at Furai Model Red Bumblebee and IDW Ultra Magnus (2056326)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 10th, 2020 @ 8:12pm CDT
Thanks to a post from the Flame Toys Twitter page, we have news that another new image of the upcoming Kuro Kara Kuri IDW Stealth Bomber Megatron has been shared and the pre-orders will be hitting next week!

The IDW Stealth Bomber Megatron is the next in the line of Kuro Kara Kuri highly posable and detailed action figures, following the likes of Optimus Prime, Star Saber, and Drift. He is heavily based on the IDW Stealth Bomber Megatron design from back in the 2009-2011 ongoing, but with some additional stylings and a more spiky appearance. He will likely retail for around $450, which is approximately what the other Kuro Kara Kuri figures have gone for. Pre-Orders are expected to go up on March 16, next Monday.

Check out the image below, and stay tuned for the pre-order announcements!

Image
Re: First Look at Furai Model Red Bumblebee and IDW Ultra Magnus (2056328)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 10th, 2020 @ 8:15pm CDT
Gotta admit, he look phenomenal!
Re: First Look at Furai Model Red Bumblebee and IDW Ultra Magnus (2056356)
Posted by healey7474 on March 11th, 2020 @ 5:43am CDT
looks Bloody Awesome..... but I have one that transforms.....seems a lot of money for a statue. but I guess there is a market for it.
Re: First Look at Furai Model Red Bumblebee and IDW Ultra Magnus (2056577)
Posted by Dorkimus on March 13th, 2020 @ 1:54pm CDT
Yeah..but this is not a statue.

highly posable and detailed action figures


...and these are awesome. I really don't care if these won't transform, specially since these current transforming official mp-toys are just a pain to transform. That's not even fun anymore. Many (not all) 3p companies do it better what comes to the transformation (and sadly, the quality), but these Flame toys figures have superb level of details in the bot mode...frankly the mode that most of us keep them anyways. Not to mention great articulation and poseability.
Re: First Look at Furai Model Red Bumblebee and IDW Ultra Magnus (2056580)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 13th, 2020 @ 2:11pm CDT
Dorkimus wrote:Yeah..but this is not a statue.

highly posable and detailed action figures


...and these are awesome. I really don't care if these won't transform, specially since these current transforming official mp-toys are just a pain to transform. That's not even fun anymore. Many (not all) 3p companies do it better what comes to the transformation (and sadly, the quality), but these Flame toys figures have superb level of details in the bot mode...frankly the mode that most of us keep them anyways. Not to mention great articulation and poseability.


Also the fact that because they don't have to transform, they can create the robot they want without any restrictions.
Re: First Look at Furai Model Red Bumblebee and IDW Ultra Magnus (2056642)
Posted by Skritz on March 14th, 2020 @ 12:41pm CDT
Man, Stealth Bomber IDW Megatron was such an amazing. It deserved a Voyager or Leader-class figure, not some ridiculously tiny and flimsy deluxe.
Re: First Look at Furai Model Red Bumblebee and IDW Ultra Magnus (2056645)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on March 14th, 2020 @ 1:02pm CDT
Well, there were a lot more Deluxe slots than there were Voyager slots, and Jetfire claimed the Leader slot - which was the first Leader slot we ever had in CHUG (previously we'd never gone above Ultra and most of what we had was Deluxes and occasional Voyagers). There's also the fact that a Deluxe lends itself better to repaint milking, of course.
They could have done a Leader version in Combiner Wars, but I'm guessing it was no longer anywhere near current (and Hasbro probably wanted to go with what they saw as the surer bet, a more traditional G1 Megs).
Re: First Look at Furai Model Red Bumblebee and IDW Ultra Magnus (2056648)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 14th, 2020 @ 2:16pm CDT
Skritz wrote:Man, Stealth Bomber IDW Megatron was such an amazing. It deserved a Voyager or Leader-class figure, not some ridiculously tiny and flimsy deluxe.


Well, 3P got that covered.
But it would have been nice to see a an official leader.
Re: First Look at Furai Model Red Bumblebee and IDW Ultra Magnus (2056654)
Posted by Skritz on March 14th, 2020 @ 4:48pm CDT
I get the reasoning I'm just saying its an excellent design (both as a character design and basic toy transformation scheme) and its a shame Hasbro will probably never touch it again.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Cyclonus Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Skywarp Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Devastator Figure Set(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Ravage(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #256 - Netflix and Siege
Twincast / Podcast #256:
"Netflix and Siege"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Tuesday, August 4th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers METROPLEX  Takara Hasbro Generations TG-23 *New* from Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Bumblebee Transformers G1 Minibot Pre-Rub Variant Takara Hasbro 1984 Generation" on EBAY
Buy "Hoist Autobot Transformers Generations T30 2013 Deluxe Hasbro complete" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro 3H Transformers OTFCC 2003 ROULETTE & SHADOW STRIKER MISB BotCon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations TG-08 Kickback Takara Tomy From Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations TG-01 Optimus Prime Takara Tomy From Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie 1 Deceptacon Blackout" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations TG-07 Onslaught Bruticus Fall of Cybertron Figure" on EBAY