First Look at New Generations Shockwave and Sideswipe from Cyber Battalion Line

Transformers News: First Look at New Generations Shockwave and Sideswipe from Cyber Battalion Line

Sunday, March 4th, 2018 12:55PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 20,114

We have known for a long time now that there would be a new Shockwave and Sideswipe coming to the Cyber Battalion line, a value oriented subline of the Generations line. However, we had never seen an image of them. Until now.

The Snakas Blog has posted images coming from Taiwan of these two brand new toys found in stores. While these are made for brand recognition/growth in BRICS countries, some toys have made it to the US as well, like last year's Prowl and Jetfire which were found at Wallgreens. It is unsure if these two will as well. Speaking of Prowl, it seems Windcharger Sideswipe shares the same engineering. Shockwave however is completely new and turns into a cybertronian spaceship very similar to RID's Cyclonus.

Previous toys in the subline have also been found at Universal Studios but at "exclusive-style" prices, so these might as well. For those unaware, these are voyager sized toys which sell at the deluxe class price point when found at retail. For a review on the previous Prowl release in this line, you can click here.

Credit(s): Snakas Blog

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: First Look at New Generations Shockwave and Sideswipe from Cyber Battalion Line (1943778)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 4th, 2018 @ 12:56pm CST
That Sideswipe would make for a half decent Overdrive.
Re: First Look at New Generations Shockwave and Sideswipe from Cyber Battalion Line (1943780)
Posted by ThunderThruster on March 4th, 2018 @ 1:02pm CST
I was actually thinking "why did they give Sideswipe, Windcharger's altmode?" But Now that you mention Overdrive, it does strike that chord rather well.
Re: First Look at New Generations Shockwave and Sideswipe from Cyber Battalion Line (1943792)
Posted by Black Hat on March 4th, 2018 @ 1:53pm CST
Shockwave looks better than he has any right to. Sideswipe has a nice car mode but that's about it.
Re: First Look at New Generations Shockwave and Sideswipe from Cyber Battalion Line (1943793)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on March 4th, 2018 @ 1:54pm CST
Can't wait to get my hands on these
Re: First Look at New Generations Shockwave and Sideswipe from Cyber Battalion Line (1943803)
Posted by ZeroWolf on March 4th, 2018 @ 2:22pm CST
That shockwave looks pretty good actually, a lot better than that sideswipe.
Re: First Look at New Generations Shockwave and Sideswipe from Cyber Battalion Line (1943804)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 4th, 2018 @ 2:24pm CST
Hi there Sixshot, trying on a Shockwave disguise? :lol:

Pretty surprised Shockwave is all new (and that he needs a "Decepticon" prefix), Sideswipe looks ok. Shares some parts with Prowl, but the toes, lower arms, hood and top, and the head are new. I can't really determine the make of the front, could be totally made up.
Re: First Look at New Generations Shockwave and Sideswipe from Cyber Battalion Line (1943806)
Posted by Acesmcgee on March 4th, 2018 @ 2:50pm CST
Sideswipe's alt mode kind of looks a mash-up of his RiD 2015 and classic self car wise.
Re: First Look at New Generations Shockwave and Sideswipe from Cyber Battalion Line (1943809)
Posted by MaverickPrime on March 4th, 2018 @ 3:14pm CST
Re: First Look at New Generations Shockwave and Sideswipe from Cyber Battalion Line (1943811)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 4th, 2018 @ 3:18pm CST
MaverickPrime wrote:Oh please, PLEASE tell me that Shockwave's knees rotate on a ball joint and not just a hinge, he looks so good that it'd be a shame if he lacked knee articulation

The instructions show the back including the inside of the knees, and from the looks of it, it's a mushroom peg type swivel.
Re: First Look at New Generations Shockwave and Sideswipe from Cyber Battalion Line (1943812)
Posted by Emerje on March 4th, 2018 @ 3:21pm CST
How can Cyber Series Shockwave look miles better than the Cyberverse Shockwave, be a lot bigger, and cost only a little more, and yet be near impossible for any of us to buy? And what's going on with his head? In bot mode his head has ears, but not in alt mode. Does he have two heads just for the sake of an exposed head? (Looking closer all of the head details are different so he does have two heads, it's hard to tell what's happening in the instructions.) And will he have clear parts? His hand/gun, wing tips, and some other parts are slightly different shades of purple from the rest of him, but the CGI models don't look clear. Probably paint, but that's a lot of paint. Guess we'll know soon enough.

Maybe Walgreens will get them (wont hold my breath).

Emerje
Re: First Look at New Generations Shockwave and Sideswipe from Cyber Battalion Line (1943813)
Posted by Skritz on March 4th, 2018 @ 3:21pm CST
I want that Shockwave! He's simple, clean and effective and Shockwave is one character I'm all on board for him being a simple and effective figure. Not to mention I don't have a Shockwave in my collection and his Voyager size would make him roughly in scale with my Megatron and Starscream.
Re: First Look at New Generations Shockwave and Sideswipe from Cyber Battalion Line (1943815)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on March 4th, 2018 @ 3:36pm CST
WOW! That is a damn fine lookin' Shockwave! This may be the first "Cyber Series" toy I bother to pick up. It looks like a nearly perfect fit for my Classics shelf. I can finally replace the rather undersized FoC Deluxe Shockwave filling that slot currently.
Re: First Look at New Generations Shockwave and Sideswipe from Cyber Battalion Line (1943817)
Posted by The Lonely Cracker on March 4th, 2018 @ 3:45pm CST
Re: First Look at New Generations Shockwave and Sideswipe from Cyber Battalion Line (1943824)
Posted by Ultra Markus on March 4th, 2018 @ 4:20pm CST

This line is known for not having knee joints but I want that shockwave
Re: First Look at New Generations Shockwave and Sideswipe from Cyber Battalion Line (1943839)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 4th, 2018 @ 5:20pm CST
Shockwave and Sideswipe look GOOD! Sure, they may be brackish like the previous ones, but they are leagues better than the... shudder... "Authentic" line.
Re: First Look at New Generations Shockwave and Sideswipe from Cyber Battalion Line (1943851)
Posted by bacem on March 4th, 2018 @ 6:17pm CST
Liking both designs! I just hope that shockwave has a knee bend, considering cyber battalion tends to skip on that, unless it is needed for the transformation. And looking at the steps, it is not needed.
Re: First Look at New Generations Shockwave and Sideswipe from Cyber Battalion Line (1943864)
Posted by Jim Maximus on March 4th, 2018 @ 8:00pm CST
These look fun. I bought the Prowl and Jetfire from this line and liked both toys. My local Walgreens sold them. Looks like I’ll be making some trips there.
Re: First Look at New Generations Shockwave and Sideswipe from Cyber Battalion Line (1943876)
Posted by Flashwave on March 4th, 2018 @ 8:50pm CST
10 times better than Cyberverse.

I really like that Shockwave. The Sideswipe figure has the same alt mode as Generations Bumblebee right down to the raised edge of the Front Fenders.
Re: First Look at New Generations Shockwave and Sideswipe from Cyber Battalion Line (1943900)
Posted by william-james88 on March 4th, 2018 @ 10:20pm CST
D R E W wrote:When I first heard there would be a cyber battalion shockwave, I was excited as hell. And hot damn, I love that thing. The spaceship is ok I guess, but that robot mode is absolutely perfect. And the ship is 3 times better than that spider tank thing the cyberverse figure has. A buy for sure if I can find him

Flashwave wrote:10 times better than Cyberverse.

While I dont think the Cyberverse is great, I dont think this is so much of an improvement. Both seem to lack in articulation, and this one more so. Probably no knees, no thigh swivel, and no universal joints, and hollow to the extreme (which has to be since they are stretching out the material to make a bigger toy). Are all you guys ok with this? I find it hard to believe when I keep seeing the same "happy meal toy" comment similarly simplistic toys are revealed.

Also, I think the alt mode looks terrible. I hate seeing those arms there hanging in the back and I have no clue why they would go out of their way to have a fake robot mode head visible in alt mode. That was dumb with the FOC toy but at least you could ignore it there. Here its harder to ignore.

I dont think either this nor the cyberverse is going to satisfy our Shockwave itch, but if I were to pick one, I might go for Cyberverse simply because the alt mode and articulation looks slightly better.
Re: First Look at New Generations Shockwave and Sideswipe from Cyber Battalion Line (1943918)
Posted by MaverickPrime on March 5th, 2018 @ 12:16am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Oh, I know, that's why I'm practically begging, there's no reason for it to be just a mushroom peg, the balljoint would acomplish the exact same function AND provide a bending knee WITHOUT INCREASING PARTS COUNT.
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Attacker 30 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #207 - Through The Fargate
"Through The Fargate"
Posted: Sunday, September 9th, 2018
Transformers products from EBAY

Items Ending Soon

Buy "Transformers Generations IDW 30th Anniversary Deluxe Class Autobot Skids" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Platinum Edition INSECTICONS Bombshell Kickback & Skrapnel Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RESCUE BOTS OPTIMUS PRIME Playskool Heroes ROBOT T-REX ROAR RESCUE" on EBAY
Buy "Kids Logic Transformers Kids Nations Black Translucent Optimus Prime Convoy 3"" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Fall of Cybertron Autobot Metroplex Used JC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary ROADBUSTER Voyager #653569937098" on EBAY
Buy "Gift of Transformers Masterpiece mp-34 Cheetor mini DieCast Optimus Primal new" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power Of The Primes Megatronus Solus Prime Quintus Prime" on EBAY