First Look at New Leobreaker Redeco?

First Look at New Leobreaker Redeco?

Thursday, June 25th, 2009 6:51pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: Nekoman   Views: 28,565

New images surfacing offer us a look at a possible redeco of Cybertron Leobreaker. This should be taken with a grain of salt, but if it's indeed legit, this figure would likely be a homage to Lio Convoy from the Japanese exclusive Beast Wars II toy line. To view the images, click here.

First Look at New Leobreaker Redeco?

First Look at New Leobreaker Redeco?

First Look at New Leobreaker Redeco?

Credit(s): TFW2005.com

Re: First Look at New Leobreaker Redeco? (942502)
Posted by Cheetron on June 25th, 2009 @ 6:58pm CDT
If it's true, that does look nice. But I'm getting tired of the mold so I'm up in the air about whether I'd want to buy him or not.
Re: First Look at New Leobreaker Redeco? (942503)
Posted by Stress on June 25th, 2009 @ 7:00pm CDT
hey this redeco look good o.0 ;;)
Re: First Look at New Leobreaker Redeco? (942506)
Posted by zodconvoy on June 25th, 2009 @ 7:02pm CDT
Wouldn't surprise me if it were real but if it is it's for some asian con coming up I'm not aware of. Still Leo Prime in Lio Convoy's colors is a no brainer. I'd buy it.
Re: First Look at New Leobreaker Redeco? (942510)
Posted by Nekoman on June 25th, 2009 @ 7:04pm CDT
I'm buying this.

Hasbro can call it Leo Prime or whatever, but to me, it's GALEON!!!
Re: First Look at New Leobreaker Redeco? (942524)
Posted by First Gen on June 25th, 2009 @ 7:29pm CDT
Re: First Look at New Leobreaker Redeco? (942534)
Posted by Nekoman on June 25th, 2009 @ 8:05pm CDT
First Gen wrote:Wouldn't you have thought this would have been done a long time ago? What's cool about this is its showing that, if it is real, the Universe line is still being worked on. Yay!

I bet this will be a movie line exclusive. Might get shown at SDCC.
Re: First Look at New Leobreaker Redeco? (942549)
Posted by Blurrz on June 25th, 2009 @ 8:36pm CDT
I'm just not thinking this is 'Official'. We should be seeing new RotF Repaints, or some new RotF molds, not a repaint of Leo Breaker. Then again, like what Neko says, it could possibly be a Movie tie-in, possibly an exclusive. We'll wait and see...
Re: First Look at New Leobreaker Redeco? (942558)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 25th, 2009 @ 8:55pm CDT
Seeing as how i missed the universe leo prime (or what ever he was called) ill be getting this if its true. I hope it is.
Re: First Look at New Leobreaker Redeco? (942565)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on June 25th, 2009 @ 9:03pm CDT
Wouldn't mind if this were legit. While I agree with Cheetron about this mold getting a little redundant, this is better than U2.0 Leo Prime. That deco wasn't really bad, but given the character it was meant to be based on, this is what it should have been to begin with.
Re: First Look at New Leobreaker Redeco? (942567)
Posted by robofreak on June 25th, 2009 @ 9:06pm CDT

If that's homemade then someone made their own molds. I'm 99% sure that's going to be officially released.
Re: First Look at New Leobreaker Redeco? (942588)
Posted by T-Macksimus on June 25th, 2009 @ 9:38pm CDT

I agree, this should have been done long ago. I'm thinking before, or instead of, the Nemesis repaint of this mold. I like the other most recent repaint (red) just because it doesn't stand out so much when combined in the Savage Claw mode but this fiugre I don't think would ever see that mode if added to my collection. He'd look cool on the shelf next to my RM Lio Prime and Legends Class Leo Prime. Kinda like "small...medium...Holy Crap!!" :P
Re: First Look at New Leobreaker Redeco? (942688)
Posted by 8 bit on June 26th, 2009 @ 12:04am CDT
That looks really nice!
Re: First Look at New Leobreaker Redeco? (942695)
Posted by Savage on June 26th, 2009 @ 12:12am CDT
Wow, less red and more white. This looks so much better!

Sorry, couldn't help it. I didn't buy the first repaint of this mold into Lio Convoy, and they aren't gonna get me with this one either. Great mold for Razorclaw, love my BotCon piece, but this mold just doesn't sell me "LeoPrime". Give me a new mold. Or release the original mold in the States under the Universe line, like they should've done the first time.

Not trying to rain on anybody's parade, if you like it, then by all means, buy it. I'll save up my money for a Lio Convoy.
Re: First Look at New Leobreaker Redeco? (942775)
Posted by AdventPrime on June 26th, 2009 @ 3:27am CDT
I'm glad I missed out on the first one. This one looks much more like Leo Prime.:D
The only gripe I have with it is that it still retains the Autobot symbol instead of having a Maximal symbol, but that's just me being nitpicky.
Re: First Look at New Leobreaker Redeco? (942908)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 26th, 2009 @ 9:23am CDT
Nekoman wrote:

I bet this will be a movie line exclusive. Might get shown at SDCC.

The Universe line has been reduced to an exclusive repaint line (with Skyfall, Hardhead and G1-style Powerglide coming up), so it's not over by a long shot. Chances are, this Leo Prime will fall into it.

And I'm getting it!
Re: First Look at New Leobreaker Redeco? (942912)
Posted by Diem on June 26th, 2009 @ 9:30am CDT
Mold, seriously overused.

And we've still got the TRU exclusive Black LioConvoy version to go, I'm sure...
Re: First Look at New Leobreaker Redeco? (942924)
Posted by Counterpunch on June 26th, 2009 @ 9:56am CDT
robofreak wrote:Guys, that figure is legit. That's not white paint. I can tell that's white plastic and factory paint apps.

That and one of my buddies at BotCon saw the figure when the Hasbro rep fumbled a few figs under the case as they were setting up the display.
Re: First Look at New Leobreaker Redeco? (942941)
Posted by Dead Metal on June 26th, 2009 @ 10:38am CDT
That horrible mold gets reused, again? oh well at least it's in the colours it was supposed to be released in the first time it was made into that character.
Re: First Look at New Leobreaker Redeco? (942947)
Posted by Rijie on June 26th, 2009 @ 10:58am CDT
I'm calling Exclusive, probably Target or TRU. Looks good, but, yeah, it should have been released in those colors a long time ago.
Re: First Look at New Leobreaker Redeco? (942956)
Posted by WolfDawg on June 26th, 2009 @ 11:11am CDT
I'd get this guy in a heart beat. I got BWII Galvatron a long time ago, but I never really cared too much to get the Lio Convoy figure. Now that it's skyrocketed in value, I don't really see myself getting that figure just for the sake of having Galvatron's rival. This Universe Leo Convoy (in his proper colors) will fit the bill quite nicely. I'd rather plop down 20 bucks for a repaint of a decent mold than 100 dollars for a mold that doesn't really appeal to me.

Long story short, count me in!

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Twinferno - New and unopened" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Mindwipe + Headmaster Vorath deluxe class New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Weirdwolf Wolfwire + Headmaster Monxo deluxe class" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Apeface" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return - Skytread - Titan Master - Hasbro 2015" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro War For Cybertron siege voyager Apeface" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Returns Topspin" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Generations Titans Return TRIGGERHAPPY & BLOWPIPE Headmasters NEW" on EBAY