First Look at New ROTF Legends Starscream, Ratchet, Megatron & Sideswipe

First Look at New ROTF Legends Starscream, Ratchet, Megatron & Sideswipe

Saturday, February 21st, 2009 2:33pm CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Auctions
Posted by: Skowl   Views: 45,805

Thanks to Seibertron.com member Scaleface for alerting us to auctions for two new figures from the Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen toyline. The auctions showcase a repainted Legends-class Starscream as well as the Legends-class Megatron, based on the new tank design.

See the auction for Starscream here.

See the auction for Megatron here.

UPDATE: Another auction for a repainted Legends Ratchet has also been found here.

UPDATE #2: Scaleface has also pointed out another auction for a Legends-class Sidesipe. See the auction here.

First Look at ROTF Legends Starscream and Megatron

First Look at ROTF Legends Starscream and Megatron

First Look at ROTF Legends Starscream and Megatron

First Look at ROTF Legends Starscream and Megatron

First Look at ROTF Legends Starscream and Megatron

First Look at ROTF Legends Starscream and Megatron

Re: First Look at ROTF Legends Starscream and Megatron

Re: First Look at ROTF Legends Starscream and Megatron

Re: First Look at ROTF Legends Starscream and Megatron

Credit(s): Scaleface, yu_giland

This article was last modified on Saturday, February 21st, 2009 4:42pm CST

Re: First Look at New ROTF Legends Starscream, Ratchet, Megatron & Sideswipe (887759)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on February 21st, 2009 @ 2:43pm CST
*Soundwave* wrote:[sarcasm] theres no way hes in the movie [/sarcasm]

I'm still waiting for confirmation on the name. I mean, don't we all remember the trend of naming a reborn Megatron "Galvatron?" If that's the case, Bay wasn't too far off ;)

Legends aren't really my thing I'm afraid, but I'll probably only get the leaders, since that's all I have :P
Re: First Look at New ROTF Legends Starscream, Ratchet, Megatron & Sideswipe (887760)
Posted by YRQRM0 on February 21st, 2009 @ 2:47pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
*Soundwave* wrote:[sarcasm] theres no way hes in the movie [/sarcasm]

We already saw a fast action battler and it said Megatron on the box, so we're pretty sure it's megatron.
Re: First Look at New ROTF Legends Starscream, Ratchet, Megatron & Sideswipe (887767)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on February 21st, 2009 @ 2:57pm CST
YRQRM0 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
*Soundwave* wrote:[sarcasm] theres no way hes in the movie [/sarcasm]

Well what do you know, I'm out of the loop for once. Go figure 8-}
Re: First Look at New ROTF Legends Starscream, Ratchet, Megatron & Sideswipe (887774)
Posted by zero-kaiser on February 21st, 2009 @ 3:01pm CST
Whats wrong with Ratchet? :shock:

...He looks kinda ill :?
Re: First Look at New ROTF Legends Starscream, Ratchet, Megatron & Sideswipe (887777)
Posted by Skowl on February 21st, 2009 @ 3:04pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:I'm still waiting for confirmation on the name. I mean, don't we all remember the trend of naming a reborn Megatron "Galvatron?"

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Well what do you know, I'm out of the loop for once. Go figure 8-}

Tada!

Re: First Look at New ROTF Legends Starscream, Ratchet, Megatron & Sideswipe (887795)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on February 21st, 2009 @ 3:20pm CST
Look Repaints! I might get Ratchet since i dont have that mold, Megatron maybe cause the tank mode looks good (Cant believe i said that), I already have Starscream so ill pass on that one.
Re: First Look at New ROTF Legends Starscream, Ratchet, Megatron & Sideswipe (887805)
Posted by Skowl on February 21st, 2009 @ 3:29pm CST
I don't know if the image is just inverted or what, but Megatron's big cannon arm is on the wrong side.
Re: First Look at New ROTF Legends Starscream, Ratchet, Megatron & Sideswipe (887814)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on February 21st, 2009 @ 3:38pm CST
I've never been into the Legends Class figures, and not sure I'll get any in the future, but these look pretty sweet...
Well, I'm not so sure about Ratchet.

Is it confirmed that Megatron is not in the movie at all????
Re: First Look at New ROTF Legends Starscream, Ratchet, Megatron & Sideswipe (887821)
Posted by typh0id on February 21st, 2009 @ 3:51pm CST
That Megatron is a mess....But it's better than the last one i guess...
Re: First Look at New ROTF Legends Starscream, Ratchet, Megatron & Sideswipe (887834)
Posted by Scaleface on February 21st, 2009 @ 4:35pm CST
There is a Legends Sideswipe too here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0133549983

So I'm guessing this is the entire 2nd wave of Legends. wave 1 is probably Optimus, Bumblebee, Springer and Jetfire, then these four.
Re: First Look at New ROTF Legends Starscream, Ratchet, Megatron & Sideswipe (887837)
Posted by Skowl on February 21st, 2009 @ 4:41pm CST
Update: Scaleface has also pointed out another auction for a Legends-class Sidesipe. See the auction here.

Re: First Look at New ROTF Legends Starscream, Ratchet, Megatron & Sideswipe (887859)
Posted by typh0id on February 21st, 2009 @ 5:48pm CST
That sideswipe isn't bad at all :)
Re: First Look at New ROTF Legends Starscream, Ratchet, Megatron & Sideswipe (887866)
Posted by *Soundwave* on February 21st, 2009 @ 5:58pm CST
typh0id wrote:That sideswipe isn't bad at all :)

indubitably
Re: First Look at New ROTF Legends Starscream, Ratchet, Megatron & Sideswipe (887924)
Posted by Supercollider on February 21st, 2009 @ 7:51pm CST
Holy cow! A Movie Legends Megatron that doesn't look like a pile of Crap! I might actually buy that!
Sideswipe looks way beeter though - sold on him!
Re: First Look at New ROTF Legends Starscream, Ratchet, Megatron & Sideswipe (887939)
Posted by Bumblethumper on February 21st, 2009 @ 8:22pm CST
Megatron looks pretty crap after some of the Universe Legends. I'm not even sure it's better than 1st movie Megatron. That had a pretty good recreation of the alt mode. Don't like this alt mode. Hate hate hate H-tanks. But it won't look so bad if the turret can turn to face the other way.

On the plus side, it looks like he's got shoulder, elbow, hip and knee articulation. And the paint job is bitchin. The black and silver is badass.

The Starscream and Ratchet molds could really have been retired. They were among the worst legends first time around.

Sideswipe, I'm in awe. That's well up to par. The only thing I don't get is how they managed to use 3 shades of blue paint. That's a bit of a head scratcher. One shade would have sufficed for everything, and it makes no sense to paint the side windows a different shade from the windshield. But so what. Gotta have it.
Re: First Look at New ROTF Legends Starscream, Ratchet, Megatron & Sideswipe (887994)
Posted by typh0id on February 21st, 2009 @ 9:32pm CST
Bumblethumper wrote: The only thing I don't get is how they managed to use 3 shades of blue paint. That's a bit of a head scratcher. One shade would have sufficed for everything, and it makes no sense to paint the side windows a different shade from the windshield.

Actually I'm kinda digging the "fade" effect...
Re: First Look at New ROTF Legends Starscream, Ratchet, Megatron & Sideswipe (888027)
Posted by Bumblethumper on February 21st, 2009 @ 9:59pm CST
typh0id wrote:

Actually I'm kinda digging the "fade" effect...

Hmm, could be. Looked like light reflection to me.

Still seems like the extra paint app might've been better used elsewhere, but we'll have to see how it looks in person.
Re: First Look at New ROTF Legends Starscream, Ratchet, Megatron & Sideswipe (888073)
Posted by typh0id on February 22nd, 2009 @ 12:35am CST
Bumblethumper wrote:
typh0id wrote:

Actually I'm kinda digging the "fade" effect...

Hmm, could be. Looked like light reflection to me.

Nah I don't think that's the light...I'm pretty sure it's painted that way...Pretty snazzy for a Legend...
Re: First Look at New ROTF Legends Starscream, Ratchet, Megatron & Sideswipe (888136)
Posted by Valandar on February 22nd, 2009 @ 3:43am CST
It looks like they've put all their best thinkers to work on the various Sideswipe toys... considering the G1 version was always one of my favorites, I see this as a Good Thing. :D

And with a Legends version, I can test out to see how a red repaint looks before buying a second Deluxe and repainting it. :)
Re: First Look at New ROTF Legends Starscream, Ratchet, Megatron & Sideswipe (888982)
Posted by prowl123 on February 23rd, 2009 @ 5:21pm CST
Not interested in the Starscream and Ratchet, but I like the sideswipe, and the Megatron is O.K. :-?

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "2012 SDCC EXCLUSIVE HASBRO TRANSFORMERS VS GI JOE COBRA HISS TANK SHOCKWAVE" on EBAY
Buy "2011 SDCC EXCLUSIVE HASBRO TRANSFORMERS VS GI JOE STARSCREAM W/ COBRA COMMANDER" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage Transformers BONE CRUSHER Constructicons HASBRO, TAKARA Japan 1980 84" on EBAY
Buy "transformers Slingshot & Road Pig Tech Spec Cards G2 generation two" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters - Ultra Magnus - Voyager Autobot 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Beast Hunters Leader Class Optimus Prime Dragon Assault 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Rescue Bots: Meet Boulder the Construction-Bot Annie Auerbach" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Alchemist Prime Prime Master" on EBAY