First Look at Premium Series Leader Megatron In-Package

First Look at Premium Series Leader Megatron In-Package

Tuesday, January 22nd, 2008 10:57am CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Auctions
Posted by: Skowl   Views: 43,836

eBay seller tfctoy has posted an auction for the upcoming Premium Series Leader-Class Megatron figure, from the Transformers Movie toyline.

The figure is painted in movie-accurated, metallic colours and - supposedly - sports a new head sculpt.

See the auction by clicking here.

Credit(s): tfctoy, eBay.com

This article was last modified on Tuesday, January 22nd, 2008 12:00pm CST

Re: First Look at Premium Series Leader Megatron In-Package (611325)
Posted by TheMuffin on January 22nd, 2008 @ 11:02am CST
Fuckin' ace!
Re: First Look at Premium Series Leader Megatron In-Package (611329)
Posted by Skowl on January 22nd, 2008 @ 11:08am CST
It's hard to tell if the head is even remolded in that pic - the angle sort of throws it off.

Hell, even without the remolded head the figure is very much improved. It's at least 1000% times better now that they got rid of the blue and pink (oh so menacing!) and replaced it with Megatron's real colours. They really did a stelar job on the paint apps, the detail really jumps out at you!

A must-buy for sure, can't wait!
Re: First Look at Premium Series Leader Megatron In-Package (611336)
Posted by Lord T on January 22nd, 2008 @ 11:13am CST
Finally a repaint someone wanted! This is gonna go on my list if it ever comes to the UK.
Re: First Look at Premium Series Leader Megatron In-Package (611341)
Posted by Autobot Jazz on January 22nd, 2008 @ 11:21am CST
Nice! I might pick this up if I can find it & if I've got some spare cash on me
Re: First Look at Premium Series Leader Megatron In-Package (611346)
Posted by Dead Metal on January 22nd, 2008 @ 11:25am CST
I think that's the normals head.
It looks awesome, I'll be getting this if it ever comes my way.
Re: First Look at Premium Series Leader Megatron In-Package (611372)
Posted by Archanubis on January 22nd, 2008 @ 12:22pm CST
God, that looks so much better than that grayish-blue version the stores were selling back in June.
Re: First Look at Premium Series Leader Megatron In-Package (611379)
Posted by Autobot032 on January 22nd, 2008 @ 12:27pm CST
I prefer the original, the one I have. :WHISTLE:
Re: First Look at Premium Series Leader Megatron In-Package (611402)
Posted by Rijie on January 22nd, 2008 @ 1:06pm CST
Very sharp! Shame the guy has such poor feedback...
Re: First Look at Premium Series Leader Megatron In-Package (611410)
Posted by Nekoman on January 22nd, 2008 @ 1:11pm CST
Glad I passed on all three of the original leader class figures now!
Re: First Look at Premium Series Leader Megatron In-Package (611416)
Posted by Mandamus on January 22nd, 2008 @ 1:17pm CST
Ever hear the phrase: "You can't polish a terd?"

I thought I was going to get this repaint, until my brother got a leader class Megatron for Christmas. There is no amount of movie accurate paint that could get me to spend money on this mold. Especially when new, better figures are coming out this year.
Re: First Look at Premium Series Leader Megatron In-Package (611439)
Posted by soundwave13c on January 22nd, 2008 @ 1:59pm CST
i am so glad i dident get the original megatron.

this figure looks great :APPLAUSE:
Re: First Look at Premium Series Leader Megatron In-Package (611452)
Posted by Uniprimus on January 22nd, 2008 @ 2:16pm CST
Yeah...

Is there gonna be chrome on these premium figures?

If not, I am going to by them.

I am also extremely pissed.

:MAD:

How can they do this to people who have already gotten the shit colored Megs?
Re: First Look at Premium Series Leader Megatron In-Package (611458)
Posted by Mechabreaker on January 22nd, 2008 @ 2:26pm CST
Now why couldn't the orignial edition of Leader class movie Megs look like this, this one is way better!
Re: First Look at Premium Series Leader Megatron In-Package (611534)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 22nd, 2008 @ 3:57pm CST
That is a MUCH better paint job for Megs. Too bad I bought the first one, but I guess that means I'll have two. One resembling the prequel comics character and one resembling the movie character. But, I thought the head was to be remolded? It looks the same to me. And does this version of the figure have the design flaws the first figure had? :? :?:
Re: First Look at Premium Series Leader Megatron In-Package (611551)
Posted by Agent 007 on January 22nd, 2008 @ 4:13pm CST
head loos the same to me, however the paint job rocks :grin:
Re: First Look at Premium Series Leader Megatron In-Package (611597)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on January 22nd, 2008 @ 4:52pm CST
The color is much better, but I don't think it's enough to warrent this twice.
Re: First Look at Premium Series Leader Megatron In-Package (611613)
Posted by shankz on January 22nd, 2008 @ 5:00pm CST
I am still totally convinced that's the same head.
Re: First Look at Premium Series Leader Megatron In-Package (611680)
Posted by Gojira Prime on January 22nd, 2008 @ 6:06pm CST
Prime vs Wild wrote:Ever hear the phrase: "You can't polish a terd?"

The Best phrase I see using here is Michael Crawford's famous mantra "bad paint can ruin a good figure." I am definetly saving fourty bucks for this guy. Passing on the first three (leader, voyager, and premium voyager) was an excellent decision. But, due to my new collecting pattern I decided on; Movie, G1, I may have to start a new bank account to fund for Megatron. :grin:

"I'd like to make a withdrawl please."

"What account?"

"It's titled, 'Megatron Fund'" :grin:
Re: First Look at Premium Series Leader Megatron In-Package (611843)
Posted by muswp1 on January 22nd, 2008 @ 9:13pm CST
Now that's what should have come out the first time. Still a so-so mold, but with better paint.
Re: First Look at Premium Series Leader Megatron In-Package (612499)
Posted by Autobot Snake Eyes on January 23rd, 2008 @ 5:51pm CST
..........That still dosent look too movie accurate but since i dont have any of the movie leaders yet I might as well snag it.
It looks much better now anyway.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Salvage" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots  Brushfire and Salvage Recycling" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Flip Racers Car & Rescue Bots Flip Salvage Recycling" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Battle Masters Blowpipe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Iron Factory IF EX-27 Shrike's Feather Streamwing (Slipstream)" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Earthrise Decepticon Airwave Deluxe Class War for Cybertron" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Bumblebee Rescue Guard" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS TITANS RETURN - WINGSPAN & CLOUDRAKER - WALGREENS EXCLUSIVE" on EBAY