First Look at ROTF Scout Class Dirt Boss Redeco

First Look at ROTF Scout Class Dirt Boss Redeco

Friday, October 30th, 2009 12:50pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Auctions
Posted by: Nekoman   Views: 37,116

Thanks to Bass X0, we have now discovered an auction on Taobao for an upcoming redeco of scout class Dirt Boss. The figure, now clad in gray and orange would bear a resemblance to GoBots Spoon. To view the auction click here.

First Look at ROTF Scout Class Dirt Boss Redeco

First Look at ROTF Scout Class Dirt Boss Redeco

First Look at ROTF Scout Class Dirt Boss Redeco

First Look at ROTF Scout Class Dirt Boss Redeco

Credit(s): Bass X0, Taobao

Re: First Look at ROTF Scout Class Dirt Boss Redeco (1015088)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on October 30th, 2009 @ 1:00pm CDT
Sweet fancy Moses!

My wish has been granted.
Re: First Look at ROTF Scout Class Dirt Boss Redeco (1015095)
Posted by Convotron on October 30th, 2009 @ 1:11pm CDT
I love Dirtboss! This Spoon repaint looks good to me. :)
Re: First Look at ROTF Scout Class Dirt Boss Redeco (1015113)
Posted by Nightwalker on October 30th, 2009 @ 1:35pm CDT
This one looks to me a lot better than the green version. I will get this one!
Re: First Look at ROTF Scout Class Dirt Boss Redeco (1015116)
Posted by Editor on October 30th, 2009 @ 1:37pm CDT
He's a bad guy and he has his MR-34 Renegade designation right on him. If he isn't released as Spoon, I see a lot of Nerdrage that will occur.

I had no interest in Dirt Boss, but Spoon is a definite grab. Finally it looks like BugBite's warning more would be crossing over may finally bear more fruit.
Re: First Look at ROTF Scout Class Dirt Boss Redeco (1015120)
Posted by Counterpunch on October 30th, 2009 @ 1:42pm CDT
Good move on their part.

Now Bugbite and Crasher won't be so alone. :D

(I already bought Dirtboss for this reason...but, hey, upgrades are cool. And this time...he wanted to be the red one.)
Re: First Look at ROTF Scout Class Dirt Boss Redeco (1015122)
Posted by GuyIncognito on October 30th, 2009 @ 1:44pm CDT
I love the silver paint on the limbs. I hope the final retail version is as shiny as it looks in those pics.
Re: First Look at ROTF Scout Class Dirt Boss Redeco (1015123)
Posted by Seibertron on October 30th, 2009 @ 1:47pm CDT
That is awesome that they put the Machine Robot designation on the figure. Runs to ebay to buy a GoBots Spoons for future comparison pics.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0389490452

Done!

I own every Gobot that has made it into the Transformers Universe plus Leader-1 and Cy-Kill. Now I've got Spoons. One day I'll bust out these Gobots for the galleries here on Seibertron.com. Maybe once Spoons comes out.
Re: First Look at ROTF Scout Class Dirt Boss Redeco (1015129)
Posted by Editor on October 30th, 2009 @ 1:55pm CDT
Looking forward to the pics Ryan, but honestly, with Hasbro owning the Go-Bots license and all, It would be nifty if Vector Sigma and the galleries were expanded to include the Go-Bots lines.
Re: First Look at ROTF Scout Class Dirt Boss Redeco (1015159)
Posted by Rated X on October 30th, 2009 @ 3:17pm CDT
I didnt buy the green one cause I really dont like the mold but then again I just realized I had Spoons in the Closet with my Gobots. he's a little banged up cause I found him lying in the beach as a small child but maybe I should buy him just toy have the homage mold like I bought the Crasher homage since I have crasher too.
Re: First Look at ROTF Scout Class Dirt Boss Redeco (1015162)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on October 30th, 2009 @ 3:23pm CDT
Rated X wrote:I didnt buy the green one and I wont buy this one. Im very selective about scouts and I just dont find a forklift to be very intimidating for a Decepticon's transformation.

The GIANT ARM BLADES don't do it for you?
Re: First Look at ROTF Scout Class Dirt Boss Redeco (1015169)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on October 30th, 2009 @ 3:39pm CDT
color scheme reminds me of galaxy force cobybot
but based on the replys i'm sure its just a gobot homage :D
Re: First Look at ROTF Scout Class Dirt Boss Redeco (1015171)
Posted by Rated X on October 30th, 2009 @ 3:45pm CDT

Re: First Look at ROTF Scout Class Dirt Boss Redeco (1015174)
Posted by Hard Hacker on October 30th, 2009 @ 3:51pm CDT
Must be one hell of a legal nightmare to get the trademark "Spoon".
Re: First Look at ROTF Scout Class Dirt Boss Redeco (1015178)
Posted by Swiftpaw on October 30th, 2009 @ 3:56pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Not sure about the blades cause once something is too big, it looks out of proportion rather then threatening. Hey I pulled Spoon out the closet. Now that I see both together, I think the grey does not go with the original Gobot paint scheme to be an accurate homage. Anbody else agree ???

The grey and silver is an acceptable addition to the adaptation. Because for one it makes the coloration in vehicle mode more realistic. We have similar looking forklifts at work, right down to the shade of red-orange, and it matches this pretty well.

The other is that a solid lump of orange isn't going to look very interesting or sell.
Re: First Look at ROTF Scout Class Dirt Boss Redeco (1015181)
Posted by Editor on October 30th, 2009 @ 4:07pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Image

The gray is fine seeing most Spoons had a gray chest and the robot mode is suppose to have the lift blades folded up on the leg not left sticking out.

Strange that yours had an orange chest. Are you sure it's an Original, seeing the archive says he wasn't remolded/recolored.
Re: First Look at ROTF Scout Class Dirt Boss Redeco (1015186)
Posted by Dead Metal on October 30th, 2009 @ 4:32pm CDT
Hard Hacker wrote:Must be one hell of a legal nightmare to get the trademark "Spoon".

Maybe Spoons the 2nd?

This is so much win I just have to buy it.
Re: First Look at ROTF Scout Class Dirt Boss Redeco (1015198)
Posted by OmegaPrime98 on October 30th, 2009 @ 5:13pm CDT
Re: First Look at ROTF Scout Class Dirt Boss Redeco (1015199)
Posted by Rated X on October 30th, 2009 @ 5:18pm CDT
Spoons is a Gobot from the mid-80's. Not sure if he was a good guy or bad guy cause I never had the original packaging. You guys got some good points...I do agree that the grey makes a more realistic looking forklift. I never knew a grey chest version of the original Gobot existed. I googled and all I got was the all orange version I have. I found this guy at the beach as a child so he is a little banged up. He is missing a clip-on piece at the waist and the forklifts are so loose they wont stay up at the legs in robot mode...LOL. Does anybody have a picture of the grey chest version of spoon to compare to the new homage figure ???
Re: First Look at ROTF Scout Class Dirt Boss Redeco (1015205)
Posted by Editor on October 30th, 2009 @ 5:38pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Does anybody have a picture of the grey chest version of spoon to compare to the new homage figure ???

It was in the first post. http://www.tfu.info/Gobots/Renegades/Spoons/spoons.htm

OmegaPrime98 wrote:it seems like everyone here knows who "spoons" is' could someone tell me who "spoons" is :?: :?: :?: :-? :-? :-? :-?

Spoons was a member of the Renegade faction of Gobots toys.
Re: First Look at ROTF Scout Class Dirt Boss Redeco (1015206)
Posted by Seibertron on October 30th, 2009 @ 5:42pm CDT

check out the auction i won earlier today.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0389490452

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #287 - Pulse Con 2021
"Pulse Con 2021"
Posted: Monday, October 25th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers APEFACE War for Cybertron Siege WFC-S50 - Loose Complete" on EBAY
Buy "transformers botbots series 4 disaster master" on EBAY
Buy "New Megatron AND HotLink Transformers War Cybertron Figure Netflix Trilogy" on EBAY
Buy "????Transformers Cyberverse Battle for Cybertron-LaserBeak Blast Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage G2 Transformers Action Figure Road Pig" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Dark Of The Moon 2019 Limited Edition RSD brown vinyl LP NEW/SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Calendar Dreamwave 2003 2005 Calendar Pat Lee Don Figueroa RARE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bot Shots Action Figures - Powerglide - Leadfoot - Sentinel Prime" on EBAY