First Look at Studio Series Scrapper and Overload in Combined Devastator

Transformers News: First Look at Studio Series Scrapper and Overload in Combined Devastator

Friday, October 25th, 2019 7:34am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 44,051

The big question on all movie Constructicon fans were, what will Overload look like? Well, we might know now, maybe. MCM London Comiccon 2019 is underway and Hasbro are attending with their own reveals, just for the Brits, and one of them is a fully combined Devastator made up of the actual toys. The two yet to be revealed are Scrapper and Overload and here they are in blue prototype plastic and heavily mistransformed. Devastator is standing rather upright, for one. Still, this is our first look at the toys and we will probably get a better look as more pics come from the show. These were from Powerglide1991 who posted them on the TFW2005 boards.

Credit(s): Powerglide1991

Re: First Look at Studio Series Scrapper and Overload in Combined Devastator (2042913)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on October 25th, 2019 @ 7:58am CDT
Interesting. So in addition to being mis-transformed (which is sooo Hasbro) someone also doesn't know their right from left.

Edit: Also interesting that Overload appears to go from the knees to the noggin. So instead of Scavenger and Overload being an upper/lower torso combination, they are more like a front/back torso combination. Hmmm, I wonder if that kind of combo could work for the generations line and 6 team combiners...
Re: First Look at Studio Series Scrapper and Overload in Combined Devastator (2042914)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on October 25th, 2019 @ 7:58am CDT
Woah, Devastator's looking great! And I'm seeing multiple struts that could be Overload's robot mode legs... If he is going for that concept art, then I'm going to be incredibly impressed that they managed to engineer that, and also the combined mode
Re: First Look at Studio Series Scrapper and Overload in Combined Devastator (2042921)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on October 25th, 2019 @ 8:29am CDT

Hopefully we’ll see what Devastator looks like in the gorilla pose and maybe some new figures like Sentinel later today.
Re: First Look at Studio Series Scrapper and Overload in Combined Devastator (2042922)
Posted by UsernameBee-127 on October 25th, 2019 @ 8:44am CDT
Devestator Looks EPIC! I can't wait!
Re: First Look at Studio Series Scrapper and Overload in Combined Devastator (2042923)
Posted by william-james88 on October 25th, 2019 @ 8:47am CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:You can see what appear to be Overload’s arms attaching to Rampage and Long Haul, and it looks he has two blocky legs (like the legends figure) instead of the spider legs.

Re: First Look at Studio Series Scrapper and Overload in Combined Devastator (2042927)
Posted by NTESHFT on October 25th, 2019 @ 9:52am CDT
I'm ready to see a full color pic.....
Re: First Look at Studio Series Scrapper and Overload in Combined Devastator (2042928)
Posted by Shuttershock on October 25th, 2019 @ 10:14am CDT
I wonder who contributes the extra barrel that bulks out the neck?
Re: First Look at Studio Series Scrapper and Overload in Combined Devastator (2042929)
Posted by PhunkJunkion on October 25th, 2019 @ 10:25am CDT
Does anyone know the height of the combined form yet?
Re: First Look at Studio Series Scrapper and Overload in Combined Devastator (2042930)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on October 25th, 2019 @ 10:34am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Both London and Paris comic con are happening the same day and hasbro is attending both so we are bound to see something.

Cool! I’m hoping we’ll see Sentinel and Roadbuster in particular.

Also, I just had a really cool idea - Scavenger’s robot mode doesn’t scale with SS (If he was in scale it’d have to be something like a commander class), but It looks like Scavenger might scale perfectly with the DOTM cyberverse figures!
Re: First Look at Studio Series Scrapper and Overload in Combined Devastator (2042931)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on October 25th, 2019 @ 10:36am CDT
Shuttershock wrote:I wonder who contributes the extra barrel that bulks out the neck?

It’s either Scrapper or Overload, and considering the size I’ll bet it’s Overload.
Re: First Look at Studio Series Scrapper and Overload in Combined Devastator (2042932)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on October 25th, 2019 @ 10:49am CDT
This looks fantastic! Has the exact size been mentioned yet? This looks like it'd probably be around half the size of Fort Max at the most while standing straight up.
Re: First Look at Studio Series Scrapper and Overload in Combined Devastator (2042934)
Posted by william-james88 on October 25th, 2019 @ 11:01am CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:

Cool! I’m hoping we’ll see Sentinel and Roadbuster in particular.

Just an update, there will be nothing new revealed at Paris Comiccon.
Re: First Look at Studio Series Scrapper and Overload in Combined Devastator (2042935)
Posted by LeAwesome1 on October 25th, 2019 @ 11:03am CDT
I'm going to hold off on any negative reactions until I see Devastator in fully coloured images, preferably by an actual collector. Its clear that this was not transformed properly so I will not let it destroy my hype.
Re: First Look at Studio Series Scrapper and Overload in Combined Devastator (2042940)
Posted by haldand on October 25th, 2019 @ 12:00pm CDT
Anyone know what system they're using for the connections?
Re: First Look at Studio Series Scrapper and Overload in Combined Devastator (2042942)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on October 25th, 2019 @ 12:04pm CDT
haldand wrote:Anyone know what system they're using for the connections?

Something new, not CW, but similar.
Re: First Look at Studio Series Scrapper and Overload in Combined Devastator (2042964)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on October 25th, 2019 @ 6:08pm CDT
God, I cannot wait for this beast to be complete;

Possibly unpopular opinion: this IS this current design teams' magnum opus; a titan+ class movie devastator, that's at least semi-poseable, and looks amazing all whilst still having excellent individual figures all of whom have rather great vehicle modes as well, with nothing - save scale - being compromised? You cannot convince me that this isn't their greatest work yet, this shouldn't have come out looking this great, but, here we are :DANCE:
Re: First Look at Studio Series Scrapper and Overload in Combined Devastator (2042965)
Posted by Ig89ninja on October 25th, 2019 @ 6:55pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:God, I cannot wait for this beast to be complete;

Why would that be an unpopular opinion, it checks out.
Re: First Look at Studio Series Scrapper and Overload in Combined Devastator (2042967)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on October 25th, 2019 @ 7:31pm CDT
Re: First Look at Studio Series Scrapper and Overload in Combined Devastator (2042970)
Posted by Zeedust on October 25th, 2019 @ 9:32pm CDT
Sentinel_Primal wrote:My only issue with Devs is the red face, and that's for the same reason that I have issues with Bluestreak's color scheme/name :lol: I had the supreme Devs from ROTF, so I'm used to/I remember him having the inaccurate grey face. But it does look fairly good here

I'd imagine it doesn't help that the SS Constructicons themselves have a picture of Devastator with a gray face on the sides of their boxes.
Re: First Look at Studio Series Scrapper and Overload in Combined Devastator (2042977)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on October 25th, 2019 @ 11:20pm CDT
Zeedust wrote:

I'll be honest, I'm so used to remembering the grey that I didn't even think it was note worthy :shock: :lol:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #244 - Call Me Maybe
"Call Me Maybe"
Posted: Saturday, March 28th, 2020

Buy "Hasbro Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Figure WFC-S43 Mirage" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege WFC-S27 Skywarp & Decepticon Phantom Strike" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron, Soundwave WITH Decepticon Ravage & Rumble" on EBAY
Buy "McDonald's Transformers Optimus Prime Figure #3 and Mask #4 Happy Meal 2017" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Optimus Prime Leader Class  NIB Please Read" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON VOYAGER MEGATRON LOOSE COMP AS SHOWN" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Siege War for Cybertron Deluxe Class, Ratchet  (Exclusive)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Human Alliance Roadbuster DOTM w/sergeant Recon red/white "88" logo" on EBAY