First Look at Takara Tomy Titan Class Metroplex

Transformers News: First Look at Takara Tomy Titan Class Metroplex

Wednesday, June 12th, 2013 11:32AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 20,978

Takara Tomy designer Hisashi Yuki has updated his Twitpic account with our first color look at their upcoming version of Titan Class Metroplex! This version features a more detailed deco and comes with two of the large red guns. Check him out below.

In the Tokyo Toy Show, it is not a final specification yet, but It is the meeting scheduled for everyone to display the most recent sample of the metroplex! Public of the actual sample because it becomes the first time, ensure that the great force on this occasion Please try to. !

First Look at Takara Tomy Titan Class Metroplex
Credit(s): TFYUKI
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Titan Class Metroplex (1494673)
Posted by Counterpunch on June 12th, 2013 @ 11:41am CDT
I think I may be splurging on this guy. Extra gun and snazzy detailing? That's how I try to live my life.
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Titan Class Metroplex (1494676)
Posted by Mkall on June 12th, 2013 @ 12:12pm CDT
I think this guy will be worth the extra scratch. Those apps are brilliant and liberally-applied.

Painted face = awesome.
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Titan Class Metroplex (1494701)
Posted by AutoBorst on June 12th, 2013 @ 2:07pm CDT
He is a beauty.
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Titan Class Metroplex (1494710)
Posted by FortMacs on June 12th, 2013 @ 2:18pm CDT
planned on getting the Hasbro version but may have to get this instead.
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Titan Class Metroplex (1494715)
Posted by Rated X on June 12th, 2013 @ 2:29pm CDT
Whats the price difference between this one and Hasbro ?
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Titan Class Metroplex (1494716)
Posted by gothsaurus on June 12th, 2013 @ 2:29pm CDT
huh? What's different about the face paint? Can't see a difference in the crappy low res photos floating around the web.
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Titan Class Metroplex (1494724)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on June 12th, 2013 @ 2:45pm CDT
Holy crap there is no denying the greatness of this monster...I will possess you Metroplex!! :DANCE: :BOWDOWN: :VEHI:
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Titan Class Metroplex (1494726)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 12th, 2013 @ 2:56pm CDT
The difference in details is astounding.

If I had the funds, I'd order this on the spot. But I don't, so I'm gunna have to wait for the Hasbro release.
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Titan Class Metroplex (1494729)
Posted by gothsaurus on June 12th, 2013 @ 3:18pm CDT
From what I could remember, you could buy to Hasbro ones for the extra red blaster, then pitch the second metroplex and STILL come out ahead of buying the Takara one. :KREMZEEK:

I'd laugh, but I really want it. Me likey paint apps. >:oP
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Titan Class Metroplex (1494739)
Posted by DevastaTTor on June 12th, 2013 @ 4:46pm CDT
The X-factor will be what the rumored SDCC repaint looks like and how obtainable it is for non-attendees.
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Titan Class Metroplex (1494745)
Posted by Skullcrunchberries on June 12th, 2013 @ 5:08pm CDT
That... is a significant improvement. Bravo, Takara! You continue to make my wallet cry.

If Metroplex is indeed the SDCC exclusive, though, that might change things entirely...
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Titan Class Metroplex (1494751)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 12th, 2013 @ 5:23pm CDT
Hoitytoity wrote:

A different deco of Metroplex is this year's SDCC exclusive. We just don't know what the deco is.
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Titan Class Metroplex (1494757)
Posted by MenaceRX on June 12th, 2013 @ 5:54pm CDT
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Titan Class Metroplex (1494758)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 12th, 2013 @ 5:55pm CDT
MenaceRX wrote:But is the extra paint really worth another 100 to 130 dollars more then the Hasbro version... i just cant seem to sell my self on it.

Well, you gotta keep in mind import prices and shipping. Plus, extra gun, tee-wee bit more expensive. ;)
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Titan Class Metroplex (1494771)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 12th, 2013 @ 6:49pm CDT
For comparison convenience:

Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Titan Class Metroplex (1494775)
Posted by Stormrider on June 12th, 2013 @ 7:36pm CDT
I trust that there are better paint apps on the Takara version as they tend to do that, but I really can't see too much with the low res photo.
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Titan Class Metroplex (1494781)
Posted by MenaceRX on June 12th, 2013 @ 7:51pm CDT
I pre-ordered him anyway, but still I am questioning my decision. Its alot of money, but he keeps saying he must heed the call of the last prime and I must make it so!
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Titan Class Metroplex (1494796)
Posted by MGrotusque on June 12th, 2013 @ 9:06pm CDT
Sorry....where did you pre-order it?
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Titan Class Metroplex (1494797)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 12th, 2013 @ 9:10pm CDT
I bet my left nut that it will be at least DOUBLE the price of the Hasbro version.
Not worth it in my book.
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Titan Class Metroplex (1494801)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 12th, 2013 @ 9:19pm CDT
Eh, Hasbro version is good enough, and way cheaper.

Ending Soon On eBay

GRIMLOCK • C9 • AGE OF EXTINCTION • MINT IN SEALED BOX • HASBRO TRANSFORMERS - Time Remaining: 4 days 11 hours 15 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Bruticus Onslaught figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 7 hours 19 minutes 44 seconds
Transformers United UN-20 Rumble and Frenzy Takara - Time Remaining: 2 days 7 hours 21 minutes 10 seconds
Lot of (2) G2 Megatron Transformers - Time Remaining: 15 days 14 hours 23 minutes 32 seconds
NEW Transformers Prime OPTIMUS MAXIMUS Cyberverse 2-in-1 ROBOT to BATTLE STATION - Time Remaining: 3 days 31 minutes 21 seconds
Transformers vs G.I Joe #6 Yesteryear Comics Jamie Tyndall Snake Eyes set - Time Remaining: 7 days 20 hours 49 minutes 57 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars Dead End Mint 100% Complete - Time Remaining: 6 days 1 hour 51 minutes 31 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends class Thundercracker FIGURE - Time Remaining: 1 day 18 hours 2 minutes 59 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #185 - Carnage in Troja Major