First Look at Transformers Kingdom Fossilizer Figure and New Hot Rod Figure

First Look at Transformers Kingdom Fossilizer Figure and New Hot Rod Figure

Sunday, September 13th, 2020 9:13am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 42,795

More upcoming Transformers leaks were posted on the Facebook page of Cybertron Philippines. In one image, we have our first look at one of the upcoming Fossilizers. These are new characters at the deluxe price point, that will be the gimmick of the Kingdom line. These are transforming dinosaur skeletons that can become added armour/weapons/appendages for other characters. We can see a T-Rex fossilizer below in both beast mode and robot mode, as well as being used by Warpath.

The same leak gave us a Hot Rod Figure. This is probably the one said to come in the Studio Series line so technically this could be our first look and the line going for the 86 movie aesthetic rather than staying dedicated Bayverse. Of course, that isn't clear since Hot Rod is shown out of context from the rest of the line he belongs with, unlike the Fossilizer.

You'll let us know what you think.

Transformers News: First Look at Transformers Kingdom Fossilizer Figure and New Hot Rod Figure

Credit(s): Cybertron Philippines

Re: First Look at Transformers Kingdom Fossilizer Figure and New Hot Rod Figure (2079970)
Posted by blackeyedprime on September 13th, 2020 @ 9:29am CDT
Fossilizers looks like the non cartoon beast wars bots which is cool. Still not sure how the beast formers will be able to utilise them other than as hand weapons.

Hotrod looks really panelly in car mode with priority seemingly have gone to mp like bot mode. Hopefully ss86 Grimlock won't look panelly in either mode. Early to say yet on hotrod with the quality of those images but I think I'm okay with the TR one. A lot will depend on how thin vehicle mode is compared to previous line car mode deluxes.
Re: First Look at Transformers Kingdom Fossilizer Figure and New Hot Rod Figure (2079971)
Posted by rodimus100 on September 13th, 2020 @ 9:35am CDT
Finally!!! Hot Rod looks good so far, and better than the last decent one from Titans Return!!! OK Hasbro, now just give me a leader-class Rodimus Prime with the trailer!!! :-D
Re: First Look at Transformers Kingdom Fossilizer Figure and New Hot Rod Figure (2079972)
Posted by sol magnus on September 13th, 2020 @ 9:39am CDT
That Hot Rod looks grest. Just frikkin' great. I can't to see him for real.
Re: First Look at Transformers Kingdom Fossilizer Figure and New Hot Rod Figure (2079973)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on September 13th, 2020 @ 9:50am CDT
Re: First Look at Transformers Kingdom Fossilizer Figure and New Hot Rod Figure (2079974)
Posted by sol magnus on September 13th, 2020 @ 9:54am CDT
AcademyofDrX wrote:Looks like Hot Rod's chest is fake, which I don't get. Maybe it's more cartoon-accurate, but for me, it's like a seeker cockpit--the most iconic part of both modes and the centerpiece of the transformation. I can't believe this is going to be a downgrade not only compared to TR but even against PotP.

Downgrade is subjective. I think the car looks good (if a little panel-ly) and the robot looks good. I don't care how it gets there either way. If he displays nice, he displays nice. Just my opinion, I guess I just get jumpy when the negative waves starting coming in. No offense to you.
Re: First Look at Transformers Kingdom Fossilizer Figure and New Hot Rod Figure (2079975)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on September 13th, 2020 @ 10:08am CDT
None taken, and I am being overly critical. Honestly, since I'm not above multiple versions of characters, a cartoon-accurate Hot Rod will pair well with the TR version I have for Rebirth, and the PotP one spends most of his time as Rodimus anyway. My complaint is more ideological: given the choice between functional mode integration versus cartoon accuracy, I'm going to choose the former every time, especially in Generations. I want overly complex transformations and faux parts to stay over in Masterpiece.

I also had a really negative experience with my new ER Arcee yesterday, so I'm projecting a little, but that's a subject for another thread.
Re: First Look at Transformers Kingdom Fossilizer Figure and New Hot Rod Figure (2079977)
Posted by ZeroWolf on September 13th, 2020 @ 10:10am CDT
Probably just the picture, but hot rods car mode looks very...er..flat. like someone sat on him. Bot mode looks superb and I can see him being ss86 as I believe they'd be going for looking-like-they-stepped-out-of-the-screen style
Re: First Look at Transformers Kingdom Fossilizer Figure and New Hot Rod Figure (2079979)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on September 13th, 2020 @ 10:22am CDT
Now this is a leak I can get behind! Grainy pictures that only give basic outlines. Granted, that's mostly just me because I always feel bad for the marketing department when they plan big events and everything gets revealed/stolen before their event. Hot Rod is a meh from me, but I'm excited to see how the Fossilizer looks! Guess this means we'll probably be seeing Wave 1 of Kingdom and some SS 86 at Hascon or whatever the event is called
Re: First Look at Transformers Kingdom Fossilizer Figure and New Hot Rod Figure (2079980)
Posted by Autobot N on September 13th, 2020 @ 10:22am CDT

Don't know if it's been said here before, but according to several leakers, his head turns into Primal's face mace.
Re: First Look at Transformers Kingdom Fossilizer Figure and New Hot Rod Figure (2079981)
Posted by ZeroWolf on September 13th, 2020 @ 10:27am CDT
Autobot N wrote:Paleotrex looks awesome. So far, the Fossilizers are the thing I'm most excited for in Kingdom.

That's interesting :-?
Oh and another thing to point out is that the leaks have suggested that the Fossilizers will turn up in Core Class as well. Like the Weaponizers and modulators before them, I'm very open to the idea of them being repainted into oblivion and back :D
Re: First Look at Transformers Kingdom Fossilizer Figure and New Hot Rod Figure (2079982)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 13th, 2020 @ 10:37am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:

That's interesting :-?
According to the most recent rumors, the five Fossilizers are as follows:

Deluxe class:
Paleotrex - T-Rex (this one we see in the image)
Wingfinger - Pteranodon
Ractonite - Styracosaurus

Core class (though, these two names are still unconfirmed):
Dracodon
Vertebreake

More info about Paleotrex:
Brownish fossil color with some slight printed dark brown weathering, asymmetrical shoulder ( left is giant blade and right is normal) , rib cage thighs , long arms with big claws hands that is dinolegs. The back is dino head , same style with G1 dinobot.
No ankle pivot but has heel 5mm ports. Has knee pivot both horizontal and vertical.
The head is exactly Primal mace , but it open and reveal striking silver chariot face inside with beautiful yellow eye.
This fossilizer is interesting.. I think you all need to be very creative. The head is indeed mace , but other parts i dont know how to integrate them on othwr figures. They are bones and bones after all. The chest can be shield or pauldron for example.

And so far, at least Wingfinger and Ractonite are Predacons.
Re: First Look at Transformers Kingdom Fossilizer Figure and New Hot Rod Figure (2079984)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on September 13th, 2020 @ 10:39am CDT
very interesting. I am digging these, though hotrod having the fake hood chest bums me out. still if its as fun to transform as it is good looking, I can get behind it.

please sir.. can I have some more?
Re: First Look at Transformers Kingdom Fossilizer Figure and New Hot Rod Figure (2079985)
Posted by Cobotron on September 13th, 2020 @ 10:40am CDT
Any chance these cool Fossilizers integrate with old Beast Wars toys? Image

Don't answer that. Of course they don't.
Re: First Look at Transformers Kingdom Fossilizer Figure and New Hot Rod Figure (2079986)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 13th, 2020 @ 10:42am CDT
Cobotron wrote:Any chance these cool Fossilizers integrate with old Beast Wars toys? Image

Don't answer that. Of course they don't.
Mmm, well, some of the original Beast Wars toys do have 5mm fist holes.

Not a lot of them, but some of them.

;)
Re: First Look at Transformers Kingdom Fossilizer Figure and New Hot Rod Figure (2079990)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on September 13th, 2020 @ 11:09am CDT
Damnation!!! I was so content with my LG Hot Rod being my Neo G1 figure...thank you :HASBRO: / :TAKARATOMY:. :-x :VEHI:
Re: First Look at Transformers Kingdom Fossilizer Figure and New Hot Rod Figure (2079996)
Posted by Bombshell0001 on September 13th, 2020 @ 12:07pm CDT
I don't thinks Hot Rod should be a voyager . He is no taller than Kup or Arcee
Re: First Look at Transformers Kingdom Fossilizer Figure and New Hot Rod Figure (2079997)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 13th, 2020 @ 12:11pm CDT
Bombshell0001 wrote:I don't thinks Hot Rod should be a voyager . He is no taller than Kup or Arcee
He's a Voyager not because of his size but because he apparently comes with a ton of extra accessories.
Re: First Look at Transformers Kingdom Fossilizer Figure and New Hot Rod Figure (2080004)
Posted by skycutter on September 13th, 2020 @ 1:02pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

yeah apparently he got visor, buzzsaw, guns, matrix, and articulated hands like er prime, and quite possible a fishing pole
Re: First Look at Transformers Kingdom Fossilizer Figure and New Hot Rod Figure (2080005)
Posted by griftimus prime on September 13th, 2020 @ 1:06pm CDT
dumb bone armor gimmicks. what a waste.
Re: First Look at Transformers Kingdom Fossilizer Figure and New Hot Rod Figure (2080006)
Posted by -WonkoTheSane- on September 13th, 2020 @ 1:07pm CDT
Holy Primus that Hot Rod looks awesome! :KREMZEEK:
At first glance I actually thought it was the MP, And immediately took the MP off my shelf to compare; And in some places, The new one actually looks better!
Wow.
If that's a preview of things to come with the 86' studio series line; Count me in!! :KREMZEEK:

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #259 - Podcast Convoy
"Podcast Convoy"
Posted: Sunday, September 13th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Master Piece Movie Series Mpm-7 Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series MPM-7 Bumblebee Robot Figure New 2018" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series MPM-6 Ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS TITANS RETURN FORTRESS MAXIMUS INCOMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Titans Return Voyager Class Broadside MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Whirl" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations AUTOBOT SPRINGER War for Cybertron: Siege WFC-S38" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return CHROMEDOME and STYLOR LOOSE MINT COMPLETE" on EBAY