Wednesday, September 19th, 2007 3:33pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: Skowl   Views: 77,452

Good news for all you fans of the Transformers Robot Heroes line! Images have surfaced of the new wave of figures, based on the characters from this summer's Transformers Movie. According to Entertainment Earth, this wave will be released in December '07.

The packs are divided as follows:

Optimus Prime (with blade arm) VS Scorponok
Bumblebee VS Starscream
Ironhide VS Bonecrusher
Protoform Jazz VS Brawl

See all the images, including in-package pics, by clicking here or view some higher resolution images on TFormers.com by clicking here.

Credit(s): TFW2005.com, TFormers.com

This article was last modified on Wednesday, September 19th, 2007 4:48pm CDT

Re: First Look at Transformers Movie Robot Heroes Wave 2! Including In-Package Pics! (352293)
Posted by Maju Garzett on September 19th, 2007 @ 3:36pm CDT
Huh... Well... Is that Proto Prime or Jazz?
Re: First Look at Transformers Movie Robot Heroes Wave 2! Including In-Package Pics! (352294)
Posted by Uniprimus on September 19th, 2007 @ 3:36pm CDT
*horrified at Bonecrusher*
Re: First Look at Transformers Movie Robot Heroes Wave 2! Including In-Package Pics! (352296)
Posted by Trelve on September 19th, 2007 @ 3:38pm CDT
Is there any way to see these images without having to sign up?
Re: First Look at Transformers Movie Robot Heroes Wave 2! Including In-Package Pics! (352304)
Posted by Justicity on September 19th, 2007 @ 3:49pm CDT
Trelve wrote:Is there any way to see these images without having to sign up?

Seconded
Re: First Look at Transformers Movie Robot Heroes Wave 2! Including In-Package Pics! (352327)
Posted by megamega323 on September 19th, 2007 @ 4:10pm CDT
Re: First Look at Transformers Movie Robot Heroes Wave 2! Including In-Package Pics! (352347)
Posted by Blurrz on September 19th, 2007 @ 4:26pm CDT
These are massivly ugly... and way too many Primes.
Re: First Look at Transformers Movie Robot Heroes Wave 2! Including In-Package Pics! (352349)
Posted by BluePhirePB on September 19th, 2007 @ 4:28pm CDT
megamega323 wrote:go to the image gallery if you don't have a Tformers account (Trelve and Justiciy)
Where's that? :oops:
Re: First Look at Transformers Movie Robot Heroes Wave 2! Including In-Package Pics! (352354)
Posted by Skowl on September 19th, 2007 @ 4:31pm CDT
Maju Garzett wrote:Huh... Well... Is that Proto Prime or Jazz?

Fixed. I also added the link to the TFormers gallery, the pics are in higher resolution.

Weird, it looks so much like the Prime... I can't believe they did protoform Jazz before Prime?!
Re: First Look at Transformers Movie Robot Heroes Wave 2! Including In-Package Pics! (352355)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on September 19th, 2007 @ 4:32pm CDT
I loved the G1 guys, but the movie characters aren't doing much for me. I look forward to the Beast Wars guys though.
Re: First Look at Transformers Movie Robot Heroes Wave 2! Including In-Package Pics! (352357)
Posted by Agent 007 on September 19th, 2007 @ 4:35pm CDT
Bonecrusher hates hasbro fo mkain him shitty figs
Re: First Look at Transformers Movie Robot Heroes Wave 2! Including In-Package Pics! (352397)
Posted by BluePhirePB on September 19th, 2007 @ 5:09pm CDT
Mr.Bond007 wrote:Bonecrusher hates hasbro fo mkain him shitty figs
They need to turn him into a Leader Class.
Re: First Look at Transformers Movie Robot Heroes Wave 2! Including In-Package Pics! (352409)
Posted by Susinko on September 19th, 2007 @ 5:15pm CDT
I'm only so-so on these guys (except Starscream who I would get just on principle), but I'm still going to get them. I need some more troops for my Mini Army of Doom! I'm training them to make me sandwiches. :grin:
Re: First Look at Transformers Movie Robot Heroes Wave 2! Including In-Package Pics! (352411)
Posted by lanzajr26 on September 19th, 2007 @ 5:18pm CDT
Scorponok looks absolutely hilarious. Overall they look like fun additions to the series.
Re: First Look at Transformers Movie Robot Heroes Wave 2! Including In-Package Pics! (352423)
Posted by Rushie on September 19th, 2007 @ 5:25pm CDT
Movie TFs are way too detailed for this simplified style. It showed with Attacktix and definitely with these. So much detail and characterization is lost with these figures.
But should these ever show up in the Netherlands (tough change, because Galactic and Marvel Heroes were never released here) I would pick them up.
Re: First Look at Transformers Movie Robot Heroes Wave 2! Including In-Package Pics! (352432)
Posted by cellshock on September 19th, 2007 @ 5:29pm CDT
Wow, even Robot Heroes can't make the movie designs look cute. Just yet another example of how badly those designs translate from from over-the-top CGI movie props to toy form. They still look like... nothing.

I'll be sticking with my G1 Robot Heroes, thank you very much. At least they actually look like the characters that they're supposed to.
Re: First Look at Transformers Movie Robot Heroes Wave 2! Including In-Package Pics! (352459)
Posted by Sunstar on September 19th, 2007 @ 5:49pm CDT
I haven't even seen wave 1 but I will be watching. Screamer will be mine :P
Re: First Look at Transformers Movie Robot Heroes Wave 2! Including In-Package Pics! (352461)
Posted by xxaMaxx on September 19th, 2007 @ 5:51pm CDT
The movie designs are just too complex to be represented in such simplified forms. I do like Scorponok, though. I might pick him up.
Re: First Look at Transformers Movie Robot Heroes Wave 2! Including In-Package Pics! (352487)
Posted by jaws on September 19th, 2007 @ 6:08pm CDT
I like these guys; Hasbro finally gave OP his sword and BB a battle mask
Re: First Look at Transformers Movie Robot Heroes Wave 2! Including In-Package Pics! (352504)
Posted by Kimmer on September 19th, 2007 @ 6:17pm CDT
can't we just skip these disgraces and move onto the next batch of g1 robot heroes please.
Re: First Look at Transformers Movie Robot Heroes Wave 2! Including In-Package Pics! (352515)
Posted by Skowl on September 19th, 2007 @ 6:23pm CDT
I really don't buy all these people who are saying the movie designs don't translate well to the SD form.

I think they do. They are simplified, but they keep all the key features that make the movie designs recogniseable. I don't know, I just (as usual) don't understand my fellow fans. I look at Robot Heroes Starscream, I see Starscream. I look at Bumblebee, I see Bumblebee. I look at Brawl, I see Brawl. They're simplified, they're cute, but nothing in the design element is missing.

I'll admit that some are better sculpted than others (what the hell happened to Bonecrusher's face? He looks like a friggin' monkey) and the paint job is lacking (Brawl looks like a green blob, no detailing whatsoever... same goes for Bonecrusher), but still, this guys are nowhere near as bad or as unfaithful to the movie designs as fans think. I think people exagerate the complexities of the movie designs, here's a trick, try to draw the movie models, but only draw the key elements that really stick out, don't bother with all the tiny gears and pistons, and you'll see that you can "shrink" the movie designs as much as you want. As long as you keep the most important characteristics of each bot, they'll retain they're "movie" look!

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Earthrise War For Cybertron Trilogy Bombshock And Growl New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Scorponok Triple Changer & Fast Track" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue bots Morbot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Lot of 2 Flip Racers Bumblebee & Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Racing Trailer Optimus Prime missing trailer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS02 Voyager Red Wing Exclusive Figure NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime Transformers Heroes Epic Rescue Bots Action Figure Large 2013 22"" on EBAY