First Look at Transformers Studio Series SS 73 Grindor and Ravage

First Look at Transformers Studio Series SS 73 Grindor and Ravage

Friday, June 4th, 2021 2:29pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 42,316

For some reason, Hasbro chose to only reveal half of the upcoming Studio Series wave, leaving out the Bayverse bots which are in the same wave as the SS 86 toys like Slag and Gnaw. Even to the point of keeping them a mystery on case packs from online vendors like Entertainment Earth. Well, these toys are coming soon, so whether they reveal them or not, we were going to see them. And it's happening now, with Grindor and Ravage. For those who need a recap, Grindor is the helicopter bot that fights Optimus in the forest along with Megatron and Starscream. While he was a different helicopter than Blackout, the helicopter mode is unchanged hear. We do get a different deco and, BEST PART, better articulation for the wrists. That was by far the biggest pet peeve with the previous release of this mold so I am glad it is addressed. And we get Ravage instead of Scorponok. We thank EvasionModeBumblebee for letting us know of these images which are actually form an E-Bay listing. That means you could purchase this toy right now. however, it coming from China, there is a chance they are found locally before receiving this international package.

Transformers News: First Look at Transformers Studio Series SS 73 Grindor and Ravage

This article was last modified on Friday, June 4th, 2021 2:41pm CDT

Re: First Look at Transformers Studio Series SS 73 Grindor and Ravage (2106522)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 4th, 2021 @ 2:42pm CDT
Having skipped on Blackout, I may very well get Grindor. :-?
Re: First Look at Transformers Studio Series SS 73 Grindor and Ravage (2106523)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 4th, 2021 @ 2:46pm CDT
Re: First Look at Transformers Studio Series SS 73 Grindor and Ravage (2106524)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on June 4th, 2021 @ 2:48pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Having skipped on Blackout, I may very well get Grindor. :-?

Blackout is an excellent figure, one of my favorites. The only thing about that figure that bugs me are its weird hands, which Grindor fixes! I'd very much recommend getting Grindor.
Re: First Look at Transformers Studio Series SS 73 Grindor and Ravage (2106527)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 4th, 2021 @ 2:55pm CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:Having skipped on Blackout, I may very well get Grindor. :-?

Even more of a reason to finally get the mold.
Now, only the bare belly of the copter remain as my pet-peeves.
Re: First Look at Transformers Studio Series SS 73 Grindor and Ravage (2106530)
Posted by jtanimator on June 4th, 2021 @ 3:10pm CDT
On one hand I'm not excited about seeing this figure shelf-warming for a year like the last one did, but even worse now since its basically the second run of the figure.
But as I looked for the positive side, I might actually get him if they fix the loose panels that are his shoulders and make everything properly click into place better.
I can't help but dream about how cool it would've been if they had upscaled this guy and released him as a SS Commander scale to match the proper movie scale, cause after rewatching ROTF yesterday, he is a freaking HUGE mofo, definitely worthy of the commander scale. He would need to be a bit shorter than the generations commanders, but with the added bulk and some upgraded hands/beefed up legs, that would be worth it for me all the way. But I do realize that's a dream upon dream upon dream of many things that will never be lol. One can dream.
Re: First Look at Transformers Studio Series SS 73 Grindor and Ravage (2106538)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 4th, 2021 @ 4:31pm CDT
jtanimator wrote: He would need to be a bit shorter than the generations commanders, but with the added bulk and some upgraded hands/beefed up legs, that would be worth it for me all the way.

Commander would also allow panels to cover up the copter underbelly. At this point, it would almost be a MPM.

I would like if SS could have a Commander. Maybe now that the Titans will take a break after the Ark, it may happen?
Re: First Look at Transformers Studio Series SS 73 Grindor and Ravage (2106550)
Posted by jtanimator on June 4th, 2021 @ 7:22pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Exactly my thoughts. There were recently rumors of them starting 2 commanders per year to substitute titan classes. It would be a totally missed opportunity not to have the 2nd commander be for SS. with that being said, I’m concerned they’re too deep in to add that additional size class to SS. Most of the commander sized characters from the movie have already been made. Jetfire, grindor, grimlock, demolisher, etc. I would love to see them double down and remake the same characters in Commander scale, but I doubt it highly at this point.
Re: First Look at Transformers Studio Series SS 73 Grindor and Ravage (2106565)
Posted by Spider5800 on June 5th, 2021 @ 12:37am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Gee, he ain’t much different from Blackout is he? Aside from the new hands, dirtier paint job, the designation swap from the Air Force to the Marines, and Ravage. I mean really I only want it for Ravage so I may as well buy the old Hunt for the Decepticons Legends guy, hopefully at a decent price, and call it a day.

I actually have this Legends figure, its pretty great. Think it looks better than the Ravage included here, as well, so if you already have Blackout, makes sense to pick that up instead of getting this mold again.
Re: First Look at Transformers Studio Series SS 73 Grindor and Ravage (2106580)
Posted by Rtron on June 5th, 2021 @ 11:42am CDT
Poor Grindor's one-sentence "bio" is hilarious.
Re: First Look at Transformers Studio Series SS 73 Grindor and Ravage (2106583)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 5th, 2021 @ 12:44pm CDT
Rtron wrote:Poor Grindor's one-sentence "bio" is hilarious.

"So, my friend, what's your life story?"

Forest fight

"Wait. What?"

Forest fight

"..."

...

"..."

...

"....Weeeeellllll, okay then."
Re: First Look at Transformers Studio Series SS 73 Grindor and Ravage (2106584)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on June 5th, 2021 @ 12:49pm CDT
Optimus told Grindor to scan a banana alt mode and split
Re: First Look at Transformers Studio Series SS 73 Grindor and Ravage (2106585)
Posted by Rtron on June 5th, 2021 @ 12:50pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Rtron wrote:Poor Grindor's one-sentence "bio" is hilarious.

"So, my friend, what's your life story?"

Forest fight

"Wait. What?"

Forest fight

"..."

...

"..."

...

"....Weeeeellllll, okay then."

Haha, I was talking about the one in the lower left, below the transformation steps. It says Optimus gave him a headache...
Re: First Look at Transformers Studio Series SS 73 Grindor and Ravage (2106597)
Posted by Betenoire on June 5th, 2021 @ 3:38pm CDT
Rtron wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Rtron wrote:Poor Grindor's one-sentence "bio" is hilarious.

"So, my friend, what's your life story?"

Forest fight

"Wait. What?"

Forest fight

"..."

...

"..."

...

"....Weeeeellllll, okay then."

The fun of what happens when even the script writer isn't sure of who you are when asked.
Re: First Look at Transformers Studio Series SS 73 Grindor and Ravage (2106601)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 5th, 2021 @ 4:09pm CDT

So this is an old topic, but I found this video on a whim when I dug out my arcee sisters, its not as stable as the other uglier combined mode, but I really dig it having done it myself, and leaves a lot of room for personal modification
Re: First Look at Transformers Studio Series SS 73 Grindor and Ravage (2106612)
Posted by Rtron on June 5th, 2021 @ 7:31pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Nice, it looks very accurate to the concept art!
Re: First Look at Transformers Studio Series SS 73 Grindor and Ravage (2106616)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 5th, 2021 @ 8:02pm CDT
Rtron wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Nice, it looks very accurate to the concept art!

Yeah, that's why I'm way more inclined this is close to what the combined mode was supposed to be originally even if it was dropped, only problem is that it can't actually stand up which is why the guy that made the video thinks the other one is more "official" since it can stand up better
Re: First Look at Transformers Studio Series SS 73 Grindor and Ravage (2106619)
Posted by DeathReviews on June 5th, 2021 @ 8:35pm CDT
Re: First Look at Transformers Studio Series SS 73 Grindor and Ravage (2106620)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 5th, 2021 @ 9:00pm CDT
DeathReviews wrote:Eh, I passed on Studio Series Blackout. I see nothing about "Grindor" that changes my mind.

Have you ever gotten ANY Bay bots? :-?
Re: First Look at Transformers Studio Series SS 73 Grindor and Ravage (2106623)
Posted by DeathReviews on June 5th, 2021 @ 9:38pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Have you ever gotten ANY Bay bots? :-?

Actually - yes.

I reviewed Studio Series Shockwave and Brawl.

I had a few of the Bayformers back in 2007 when it all started. But I sold most of them because I just didn't like them much. There are exceptions of course. Why, I purchased a Bayverse figure just recently that will be the subject of my first-ever kitbashing project....
Re: First Look at Transformers Studio Series SS 73 Grindor and Ravage (2106638)
Posted by LeAwesome1 on June 6th, 2021 @ 5:13am CDT
So now that Grindor has been leaked, how long do we reckon until Hasbro start panicking and put together a Fan First Friday or something for the Studio Series guys? Seems to be kind of what happened with the SS86 guys.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-47 Kickback & Double Dealer" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-38 Laserbeak & Apeface" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-28 Rewind & Nightbeat" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Botcon 2013 Classics SEEKER HOTLINK  Tech Card  & instuctions" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Challenge at Cybertron Rodimus and Titans Return Hot Rod" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager ASTROTRAIN Loose Figure" on EBAY