Wednesday, August 22nd, 2018 5:05am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 21,462

A while ago we learned that there was more Bumblebees headed for the Studio Series line, one of these was pictured with a small Charlie figure but that was it. Now thanks to a tip off from fellow Seibertron user, Carnivius_Prime, we've learned that the Planet Iacon- Singapore Transformers fan group on facebook have gotten pictures of this toy in box! It's also nothing like fans were expecting.

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Included in the box is the 1977 Camaro Bumblebee toy but with some extra tooling allowing for parts to be swapped out to change the look of the alt mode! It's unclear at this point if any of the pieces can be used for robot mode but it's a nice addition and extra incentive for those that purchased the original 1977 Camaro toy. The Charlie toy itself is an unarticulated statue. This figure was found at Target in California, and while it is not confirmed, smart money is on this being exclusive to the retailer, which is getting the bulk of Bumblebee Movie toy exclusives.

What do you make of this first look? Are you likely to double dip on this Bumblebee? Let us know in the comments and stay tuned to Seiberton for all the latest news and reviews.

Credit(s): Planet Iacon Singapore Transformers Facebook Fan Group, Carnivius_Prime from Seibertron

This article was last modified on Wednesday, August 22nd, 2018 9:21am CDT

Re: First look at Transformers Studio Series SS-15 Bumblebee Movie 1977 Camaro Bumblebee with Charlie and add on pieces (1979847)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on August 22nd, 2018 @ 5:43am CDT
I've had little interest in TFSS and have sold most of my movie figures, but this is pretty neat.
Re: First look at Transformers Studio Series SS-15 Bumblebee Movie 1977 Camaro Bumblebee with Charlie and add on pieces (1979865)
Posted by angtre on August 22nd, 2018 @ 6:39am CDT
The spare parts are a neat extra, I'd like if those became a habit for toys with real cars for alt mode.
Re: First look at Transformers Studio Series SS-15 Bumblebee Movie 1977 Camaro Bumblebee with Charlie and add on pieces (1979875)
Posted by Quantum Surge on August 22nd, 2018 @ 7:08am CDT
Is it easy to say I would have preferred a modern trilogy Camaro set?
Re: First look at Transformers Studio Series SS-15 Bumblebee Movie 1977 Camaro Bumblebee with Charlie and add on pieces (1979877)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 22nd, 2018 @ 7:16am CDT
Quantum Surge wrote:Is it easy to say I would have preferred a modern trilogy Camaro set?

While I'm not promising anything, let's see how well this set does and maybe we can convince hasbro to do others
Re: First look at Transformers Studio Series SS-15 Bumblebee Movie 1977 Camaro Bumblebee with Charlie and add on pieces (1979896)
Posted by william-james88 on August 22nd, 2018 @ 9:01am CDT

I wonder what that means about it being found in Canada. EB Games has been getting all the target exclusive stuff so far.
Re: First look at Transformers Studio Series SS-15 Bumblebee Movie 1977 Camaro Bumblebee with Charlie and add on pieces (1979900)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 22nd, 2018 @ 9:20am CDT
yeah i'm wondering if it has any relation to the plot of the film. Like does Bee become his 70's Camaro form earlier than the end and as part of a race that Charlie helps him win or something? Or is it simply just a fun toy set?

Wonder what the price will be? I assume a lil more than regular Deluxe release but hopefully not Voyager price. I was very unsure about getting this one as I already have the first figure and wasn't keen on buying it all over again just to get the Charlie figurine (which I would like cos I do like having human figures with my Transformers) but now that we see the Bee toy itself has some interesting extra play value options I'm much more tempted.
Re: First look at Transformers Studio Series SS-15 Bumblebee Movie 1977 Camaro Bumblebee with Charlie and add on pieces (1979904)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 22nd, 2018 @ 10:18am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Thanks for getting this ZeroWolf and Carnivius and sharing it with us. This is a really cool set and it would have helped Hasbro tremendously if they wouldhave conveyed its difference from other sets in that SS graph showing the million similar looking BBs tha were coming out. Its also important to note that it is a Target exclusive, I will add that to the news post.

No problem will :) I'm sorry I missed out the bit about target having it as an exclusive!

I'm tempted by this and in the past Tesco were able to distribute Target stuff so I'll remain on the lookout. Otherwise I'll have to see if places like kapow get it.
Re: First look at Transformers Studio Series SS-15 Bumblebee Movie 1977 Camaro Bumblebee with Charlie and add on pieces (1979932)
Posted by beastwarsbrah on August 22nd, 2018 @ 11:59am CDT
I finally found lockdown and bought the only one I saw. When I got home his arm was already popped off in the box at the shoulder. After I finally figured out I had to remove a screw to get it back on I realized how incredibly floppy my copies right arm is.

I'm probably going to exchange him, but not because I don't like him. He is really cool and looks great. Even though I got a dud, I recommend him.
Re: First look at Transformers Studio Series SS-15 Bumblebee Movie 1977 Camaro Bumblebee with Charlie and add on pieces (1979933)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 22nd, 2018 @ 12:01pm CDT
That sucks. Hope you get a better one cos yeah he's a very cool figure with great detail
Re: First look at Transformers Studio Series SS-15 Bumblebee Movie 1977 Camaro Bumblebee with Charlie and add on pieces (1979944)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 22nd, 2018 @ 12:25pm CDT
More pics i got from https://www.facebook.com/Planetiacon.st ... 4261647505

39959121_1884184214980843_6163637897825091584_n.jpg
39911097_1884184028314195_9177050737258004480_n.jpg
39916206_1884184068314191_1091149274911080448_n.jpg
39972426_1884184044980860_5335779322273726464_n.jpg
39813882_1884184054980859_8580367311829991424_n.jpg

39742756_1884184114980853_5716147823645294592_n.jpg

39887034_1884184148314183_7749299463700611072_n.jpg

39891563_1884184138314184_6249254789515837440_n.jpg

Just noticed the feet are unpainted. Guess some of the paint budget went into the accessories. :P That's fine. Can easily add silver paint there if I want to like I've done on many movie Bee figures. And yeah I don't think any of the parts stay on in robot mode (most of them go across parts that have to be seperated). Still, it looks like a fun toy and plenty stickers to play with too. Oddly it appears to have yellow paint on the hands whereas the original release does not (but I may add now with same yellow paint I added to the shoulders of mine)
Re: First look at Transformers Studio Series SS-15 Bumblebee Movie 1977 Camaro Bumblebee with Charlie and add on pieces (1979968)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 22nd, 2018 @ 1:51pm CDT
Following the reveal earlier of Studio Series number 15, the 1977 Camaro Bumblebee with the Charlie figurine and car modifications, we now have more in hand pictures courtesy of the Planet Iacon- Singapore Transformers Fans Facebook group, as pointed out by fellow Seibertron user, Carnivius_Prime.

The pictures give us a better look at the car modification parts and what they look like in vehicle mode. We also get a look at the backdrop the set offers for display. We also get a better look at the Charlie figurine who is sporting a Bumblebee logo t-shirt. The photos also reveal an abundance of stickers, allowing you to further customise Bumblebee to your liking.

Carnivius_Prime has also shared their observation that this version of the mold has unpainted feet compared to his first release yet now has yellow paint on the back of his hands.

So far this toy has been found at Target in California, but as they are getting many exclusives for the Bumblebee movie this could be one of them.

What do you think of this release? Let us know in the comments below and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews.
Re: First look at Transformers Studio Series SS-15 Bumblebee Movie 1977 Camaro Bumblebee with Charlie and add on pieces (1979974)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 22nd, 2018 @ 2:17pm CDT
Charlie's vest having the Bee logo on it is a pretty cute touch.

Thanks for the news cred points by the way. :)
Re: First look at Transformers Studio Series SS-15 Bumblebee Movie 1977 Camaro Bumblebee with Charlie and add on pieces (1979980)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 22nd, 2018 @ 2:34pm CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Charlie's vest having the Bee logo on it is a pretty cute touch.

Thanks for the news cred points by the way. :)

Thanks for pointing us in the right direction of the news and pictures :D

I like that they've still kept to the template of having a backdrop for display despite it's odd nature. Question is, will they try and sell this at Voyager price point because of the extra plastic in Charlie plus the car parts :-?
Re: First look at Transformers Studio Series SS-15 Bumblebee Movie 1977 Camaro Bumblebee with Charlie and add on pieces (1979982)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 22nd, 2018 @ 2:37pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:

Thanks for the news cred points by the way. :)

Thanks for pointing us in the right direction of the news and pictures :D

Yeah I do like that backdrop, and it's a bigger one too cos of the box size but yes that does make me worry it'll be voyager priced cos of the size of the package but I'm hoping it'll just be a lil bit more than a standard Deluxe or perhaps somewhere in-between. Not gonna worry til it's out. I got my orders of Ironhide and VW Bee to look forward to anyways. :michaelbay:
Re: First look at Transformers Studio Series SS-15 Bumblebee Movie 1977 Camaro Bumblebee with Charlie and add on pieces (1979988)
Posted by Cybertronius Primus on August 22nd, 2018 @ 2:56pm CDT
The question is- leave it mint or custom rust it like I did the first release?
Re: First look at Transformers Studio Series SS-15 Bumblebee Movie 1977 Camaro Bumblebee with Charlie and add on pieces (1979990)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on August 22nd, 2018 @ 3:13pm CDT
Cybertronius Primus wrote:The question is- leave it mint or custom rust it like I did the first release?

Leave it mint. This release kinda reminds me of those "Pimp My Ride"-type shows, turning a rust-bucket into a one-of-a-kind souped up vehicle.
Re: First look at Transformers Studio Series SS-15 Bumblebee Movie 1977 Camaro Bumblebee with Charlie and add on pieces (1979992)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 22nd, 2018 @ 3:18pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Just in time for it to be custom faded in the first movie ;-) :lol:
Re: First look at Transformers Studio Series SS-15 Bumblebee Movie 1977 Camaro Bumblebee with Charlie and add on pieces (1980004)
Posted by .... on August 22nd, 2018 @ 4:19pm CDT
Anybody notice that the last image looks a lot like Thrilling 30 Bumblebee's alt mode?
Re: First look at Transformers Studio Series SS-15 Bumblebee Movie 1977 Camaro Bumblebee with Charlie and add on pieces (1980016)
Posted by RotorstormNZ on August 22nd, 2018 @ 6:16pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Its also important to note that it is a Target exclusive

It is? I think I missed that in Carnivus' post - or is there a Target sticker or something on the package I can't see?
Re: First look at Transformers Studio Series SS-15 Bumblebee Movie 1977 Camaro Bumblebee with Charlie and add on pieces (1980019)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 22nd, 2018 @ 6:35pm CDT
That is so cool! The parts and the Charlie give me a reason to pick this up despite having the other Bee already. This guy will just be the alt mode guy with the souped up look, which is damn awesome

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #280 - A Roar That Grasps Victory
"A Roar That Grasps Victory"
Posted: Friday, July 16th, 2021

Buy "Transformers WFC Galactic Odyssey Micron Micromasters 6pk NEW! Stingracer MASK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Rung, 100% Complete, MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "2018 Transformers G1 Autobot Minibot Tailgate ReIssue WalMart Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers REISSUE - Generation 1 / G1 Swerve Minibot - New Wal-Mart Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Jetfire Cyberverse Sky Surge Power Of The Spark New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Mini-Bot Lot 11 Including Bumblejumper & Warpath-Gears-Swerve-" on EBAY
Buy "LOT OF TRANSFORMERS FIGURE LOOSE HEAVY LOAD WEDGE AUTOBOT DUMP TRUCK RID" on EBAY
Buy "LOT OF LOOSE TRANSFORMERS TAKARA SLING SABERBACK RAIL SPIKE JRX WEDGE RID" on EBAY