First Look At TRU Exclusive DOTM Deluxe Ironhide

First Look At TRU Exclusive DOTM Deluxe Ironhide

Sunday, May 1st, 2011 5:41am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 39,031

The first repaint of the HFTD Deluxe Ironhide figure will be of the Limited Edition variety. For those who missed out on the gunslinging Autobot for the first time, the second run of this figure features crystal clear plastic, alongside lighted glyph decals. The figure will be exclusive to Toys'R'Us, under their Mission Earth: The Scan series. Check out the image below!

(Courtesy of Yahoo Japan member nihaohuwen)

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!

Credit(s): Nihaohuwen

This article was last modified on Sunday, May 1st, 2011 5:53am CDT

Re: First Look At TRU Exclusive DOTM Deluxe Ironhide (1215688)
Posted by Autobot032 on May 1st, 2011 @ 5:42am CDT
Trans-Scanning, exclusive to Toys R Us.

Titled "Mission Earth"

It should be noted that all of these with that label will be exclusive to TRU.
Ratchet and original ROTF mold Sideswipe among that list.
Re: First Look At TRU Exclusive DOTM Deluxe Ironhide (1215694)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on May 1st, 2011 @ 5:48am CDT
Recon/Jungle Attack Ironhide is still the best one I've seen. Unless they come out with a more accurate Voyager scale figure. Being honest though, I kinda like the look of this thing, it'd look interesting in robot mode. Actually, he's probably gonna look like he's got some funky pants on since the transparent parts are gonna be his legs by the looks of it.
Re: First Look At TRU Exclusive DOTM Deluxe Ironhide (1215783)
Posted by OptiMagnus on May 1st, 2011 @ 1:40pm CDT
Well, I like this mold, and I like the Scan Series concept. I may get it.
Re: First Look At TRU Exclusive DOTM Deluxe Ironhide (1215820)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on May 1st, 2011 @ 4:25pm CDT

I'm trying to limit my Bayniverse collection to Legends/Cyberverse and Human Alliance, and don't even have a deluxe or voyager Ironhide, but even I am very tempted by this.
Re: First Look At TRU Exclusive DOTM Deluxe Ironhide (1215822)
Posted by El Duque on May 1st, 2011 @ 4:31pm CDT
Here are a few new looks at this summer's Toys-R-Us exclusive Mission Earth: The Scan Deluxe Ironhide and Sidwsipe figures by way of the auction site TaoBao. As you can see these are repaints of HFTD Deluxe Ironhide and ROTF Deluxe Sideswipe featuring translucent parts and bright blue detailing.

Re: First Look At TRU Exclusive DOTM Deluxe Ironhide (1215832)
Posted by griftimus prime on May 1st, 2011 @ 5:00pm CDT
more shelf warmers. these people never learn.
Re: First Look At TRU Exclusive DOTM Deluxe Ironhide (1215840)
Posted by Blurrz on May 1st, 2011 @ 5:19pm CDT
griftimus prime wrote:more shelf warmers. these people never learn.

KK Mr. Troll.
Re: First Look At TRU Exclusive DOTM Deluxe Ironhide (1215841)
Posted by Galvatron X on May 1st, 2011 @ 5:19pm CDT
I really like the "Scan" figures - pretty cool-looking, IMO. I'm a fan of that Sideswipe figure anyway...

This is actually a pretty creative way to do a "repaint", I think.
Re: First Look At TRU Exclusive DOTM Deluxe Ironhide (1215844)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on May 1st, 2011 @ 5:23pm CDT
Hm, I can easily pass on the Ironhide, but I rather like the look they have for Sideswipe there, I may actually pick him up.
Re: First Look At TRU Exclusive DOTM Deluxe Ironhide (1215847)
Posted by LiKwid on May 1st, 2011 @ 5:25pm CDT
Wow...that SS is smothered in win sauce...I'll take a double portion please... :x

Bumblevivisector wrote:Reminds me of that mid-warp Skywarp RumbleFrenzy did last year, making me foolishly optimistic that Hasbro could actually make that happen someday.

When I first saw this thumbnail thats the first thing that popped into my mind as well..never thought I'd see the day that molded colored plastic meets clear plastic in an affordable hasbro package :P
Re: First Look At TRU Exclusive DOTM Deluxe Ironhide (1215856)
Posted by rpetras on May 1st, 2011 @ 5:35pm CDT
Not so into the IH, but I dig that SS mold, and will def pick it up.
Re: First Look At TRU Exclusive DOTM Deluxe Ironhide (1215940)
Posted by quickmixed on May 1st, 2011 @ 7:47pm CDT
The paint apps on the Ironhide are nowhere near as good as the Sideswipe. It looks too segmented. Whereas Im really impressed with the SS.
Re: First Look At TRU Exclusive DOTM Deluxe Ironhide (1215945)
Posted by NatsumeRyu on May 1st, 2011 @ 8:33pm CDT
Re: First Look At TRU Exclusive DOTM Deluxe Ironhide (1215950)
Posted by SlyTF1 on May 1st, 2011 @ 8:51pm CDT
These are just freaking awesome!!! I'm getting them for sure!
Re: First Look At TRU Exclusive DOTM Deluxe Ironhide (1215998)
Posted by TFGnome on May 2nd, 2011 @ 12:08am CDT
that SS is mighty sexy lookin'
wonder if they will do a prime this way....hummm
Re: First Look At TRU Exclusive DOTM Deluxe Ironhide (1216013)
Posted by sabrigami on May 2nd, 2011 @ 1:24am CDT
I gotta admit, I'm really liking what they've done with these two. They look really neat. Too bad I'm not a fan of the Ironhide mold and I already have enough SS in my collection. Otherwise I would totally pick him up. Heck I'd even get him if they at least used the HftD mold (not a fan of the original mold).
Re: First Look At TRU Exclusive DOTM Deluxe Ironhide (1216027)
Posted by krenger99 on May 2nd, 2011 @ 2:39am CDT
That Sideswipe may be sitting in alcohol just 'cuz I want a completely clear version. That size Ironhide still looks weaksauce to me. When will they ever do an "Inferno Ironhide" or "Fire Brigade Ironhide" JUST SO we can get a version in mother-lovin' RED?! :evil:
Re: First Look At TRU Exclusive DOTM Deluxe Ironhide (1216087)
Posted by GuyIncognito on May 2nd, 2011 @ 7:55am CDT
I love the transition from solid to translucent. Beautiful, especially Sideswipe.
Re: First Look At TRU Exclusive DOTM Deluxe Ironhide (1216132)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 2nd, 2011 @ 10:51am CDT
NatsumeRyu wrote:I don't recall which SS mold that is. The blades one, or the sidearm/guns one? I like the way these look, but I don't want/need the IH one, and I'd rather not have another of the bladed SS's.

Bad luck for you, it's the regular RotF Sideswipe, with the blades.
Re: First Look At TRU Exclusive DOTM Deluxe Ironhide (1216419)
Posted by Pr1meSuspect on May 3rd, 2011 @ 12:12am CDT
Hm, the scan series is rather interesting. Its weird they choose a repaint that is only present for like 3 seconds. They make for a cool look at though. Probably wouldnt buy one though.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "MOSC Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bisk Lobster Crab Car MISB" on EBAY
Buy "WFC-E40 BATTLE SQUAD Transformers Earthrise Micromasters Direct-Hit Power Punch" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SOUNDBLASTER Siege War for Cybertron MISB Walmart Exclusive Netflix" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise - Direct-Hit & Power Punch [WFC-E18]" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers thrilling 30 springer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Powertrain & Highjump Siege War for Cybertron Micromaster 2018 MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Deluxe Class Cliffjumper (c)2011 TOMY  RARE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Deluxe Bluestreak! War for Cybertron Walmart Exclusive Hasbro" on EBAY