First Look at Warpath and Gears G1 Reissues

Transformers News: First Look at Warpath and Gears G1 Reissues

Monday, January 7th, 2019 6:45PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Amelie   Views: 17,914

Seibertron.com member Fc203 has directed us to InDemandToy's Facebook page which has a post revealing two more future Walmart Vintage G1 Reissues – Gears and Warpath! They will be joining the upcoming Soundwave and the already released Optimus Prime reissues. Two minibots certainly don't make a case, though, so we will have to wait and see which other diminutive Autobots join them. We have mirrored the images below and the original post can be found here on InDemandToy's Facebook Page.

Transformers News: First Look at Warpath and Gears G1 Reissues

Transformers News: First Look at Warpath and Gears G1 Reissues

Are you getting excited for the next batch of reissues or has the pricing of the Optimus Prime reissue made you reconsider? Drop us a line below on the Energon Pub here at Seibertron.com!
Credit(s): Fc203, InDemandToys
Re: First Look at Warpath and Gears G1 Reissues (2003190)
Posted by Cobotron on January 7th, 2019 @ 6:47pm CST
Oooooooooh! Warpath.
Sweet!
Re: First Look at Warpath and Gears G1 Reissues (2003194)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on January 7th, 2019 @ 6:58pm CST
I wonder if the next Minibots we'll see are Huffer, Powerglide, and Cosmos. They, along with Gears, Warpath, and Bumblebee, were all part of another multi-pack of Minibots Takara released back in 2004 as part of "The Transformers Collection." It is a little bit of a shame, though, that they released the "Encore" versions of Bumblebee, Outback, Tailgate, and Swerve first, so now we're spoiled by updated G1 toys with new, improved sculpting and more extensive paint details. It looks like Gears is his original G1 toy self, featuring a mostly feature-less face.
Re: First Look at Warpath and Gears G1 Reissues (2003197)
Posted by Burn on January 7th, 2019 @ 7:09pm CST
Cobotron wrote:Oooooooooh!*BLAM* Warpath. *POW*
Sweet! *ZOWEE*

Fixed that for ya. :wink:
Re: First Look at Warpath and Gears G1 Reissues (2003199)
Posted by Cobotron on January 7th, 2019 @ 7:29pm CST
Burn wrote:
Cobotron wrote:Oooooooooh!*BLAM* Warpath. *POW*
Sweet! *ZOWEE*

Fixed that for ya. :wink:
:lol: Much better! thanks!
Re: First Look at Warpath and Gears G1 Reissues (2003210)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 7th, 2019 @ 7:59pm CST
I’ll bite for Warpath. I just got a vintage Gears while I was on holiday block leave so I’ll be okay.

Looking forward to Soundwave. Don’t need Optimus, got the 2008 reissue to scratch that itch.
Re: First Look at Warpath and Gears G1 Reissues (2003213)
Posted by Dan14thPrime on January 7th, 2019 @ 8:08pm CST
50 bucks?!?! One word - rollback. No way that sells through at $50. I'll wait until it's $30. >:oP
Re: First Look at Warpath and Gears G1 Reissues (2003218)
Posted by Ironhidensh on January 7th, 2019 @ 8:44pm CST
Amelie wrote: A lot of kids these days don't always see Optimus Prime and expect a trailer.[/color]

We have failed an entire generation.
Re: First Look at Warpath and Gears G1 Reissues (2003221)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on January 7th, 2019 @ 9:11pm CST
Ironhidensh wrote:
We have failed an entire generation.
Why don't we blame this on Bay as well? He already 'ruined our childhood' so maybe he killed any hope the next generation had before they even realized it. :roll: Kinda like Geewunner-abortion. >:oP
Re: First Look at Warpath and Gears G1 Reissues (2003222)
Posted by ScottyP on January 7th, 2019 @ 9:15pm CST
Ironhidensh wrote:

We have failed an entire generation.
A lost generation. Lost to a pocket dimension or something when Optimus Prime transformed, because they were in the trailer. :lol:

Anyway if they do four Minibots again my money's on Pipes and Bumblebee again.
Re: First Look at Warpath and Gears G1 Reissues (2003228)
Posted by william-james88 on January 7th, 2019 @ 9:59pm CST
Wow, these getting reissued next is really surprising

>:oP
Re: First Look at Warpath and Gears G1 Reissues (2003229)
Posted by steve2275 on January 7th, 2019 @ 10:14pm CST
id pay 9.99 each
Re: First Look at Warpath and Gears G1 Reissues (2003230)
Posted by JasonM32 on January 7th, 2019 @ 10:15pm CST
I don't know how they would do it if the mold is gone but I'd really like to see a re-issue of Grimlock.

It seems like there has to be a way.
Re: First Look at Warpath and Gears G1 Reissues (2003232)
Posted by ScottyP on January 7th, 2019 @ 10:23pm CST
william-james88 wrote:Wow, these getting reissued next is really surprising

>:oP
The only surprising Minibot reissues would be Beachcomber, Hubcap, or Bumblejumper. Cliffjumper and Brawn to a lesser extent since there were the various keychain reissues. Kudos to them on these for putting out stuff not reissued outside of Japan!
Re: First Look at Warpath and Gears G1 Reissues (2003269)
Posted by leokearon on January 8th, 2019 @ 3:04am CST
Re: First Look at Warpath and Gears G1 Reissues (2003270)
Posted by Emerje on January 8th, 2019 @ 4:14am CST
leokearon wrote:Good to see Warpath, though he looks a bit awkward in the packaging. Hopefully with Soundwave (and Buzzsaw) being released we will seeing the other cassettes being reissued

Somebody said that somebody said that single cassettes are coming, maybe that's why we've only seen Warpath and Gears so far. If we only got two then who would people pick? I'm thinking Ravage and Laserbeak since I wouldn't want them to split up Frenzy and Rumble and can't see them releasing both if we only got two slots.

As far as the mini-vehicles go, the only two I really "need" are Warpath, Powerglide, and Pipes to complete my childhood collection, but of course I want all of them.

Emerje
Re: First Look at Warpath and Gears G1 Reissues (2003272)
Posted by leokearon on January 8th, 2019 @ 4:23am CST
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Re: First Look at Warpath and Gears G1 Reissues (2003284)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 8th, 2019 @ 5:49am CST
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Wouldn't that be three you need then? ;)
Re: First Look at Warpath and Gears G1 Reissues (2003287)
Posted by Emerje on January 8th, 2019 @ 6:03am CST
ZeroWolf wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Wouldn't that be three you need then? ;)

Maaaaybe... :HEADHURTS:

Emerje
Re: First Look at Warpath and Gears G1 Reissues (2003301)
Posted by GeekyGamer Gal on January 8th, 2019 @ 7:44am CST
leokearon wrote:Being the most famous it would be likely that Ravage and Laserbeak would be done first. Though I would love to see Ratbat done

Same here. Ratbat is one of the cassettes I'm missing, and I don't want to pay the prices I've seen for an authentic one. Still hope to get a G1 Soundwave, but just have to see what the reissue looks like in person and what the price is at the time.

Whoops, forgot the G1 Prime comment...
I'm sure mine is authentic, as I had three of my local TF retailers try to buy it off of me as soon as they saw that it was pre-rubsign. I've also checked the TFW2005 board on the KO/reissue issue, and mine's passed all of the checks for being authentic.
Re: First Look at Warpath and Gears G1 Reissues (2003304)
Posted by leokearon on January 8th, 2019 @ 7:49am CST
GeekyGamer Gal wrote:

I have the Encore Soundblaster and my brother got me G1 Buzzsaw for Christmas, so I don't need the Soundwave reissue, I just want more cassettes

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #215 - New Year, New Toys
"New Year, New Toys"
Posted: Sunday, January 13th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Prime RID Robots in Disguise Deluxe Airachnid MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse 1 Step Changer Soundwave Action Figure. Age 6+. NEW" on EBAY
Buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers G2 Minibots Minibot Mini bot bots complete Bumble Bee" on EBAY
Buy "TransFormers DOTM Cyberverse Autobot POWERGLIDE action figure, Japanese version" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro G2 Transformers Autobots Dreadwing Figure 1993 Vintage Generation 2 Loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Original G2 Cyberjets Air Raid MOSC Sealed" on EBAY