First Look at Year of the Horse MP Optimus Prime

Transformers News: First Look at Year of the Horse MP Optimus Prime

Wednesday, November 27th, 2013 7:54am CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Mindmaster   Views: 21,469

With gracious thanks to the TF Upgrader Facebook page, we finally have our first look at the Year of the Horse Masterpiece Optimus Prime! This Optimus Prime features gold chrome on his grill, exhaust pipes, gas tanks, and Matrix chamber, a translucent trailer, and an altered Autobot faction symbol.

Transformers News: First Look at Year of the Horse MP Optimus Prime

Keep up with Seibertron.com, as we should have our first look at the other Year of the Horse exclusive, a suped up Cybertron "King" Starscream, very soon!

Credit(s): TF Upgrader

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: First Look at Year of the Horse MP Optimus Prime (1531993)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 27th, 2013 @ 7:58am CST
Reminds me of the old Lucky Draw Convoy Gold Version toy:

Re: First Look at Year of the Horse MP Optimus Prime (1531995)
Posted by Mindmaster on November 27th, 2013 @ 8:04am CST
Sabrblade wrote:Reminds me of the old Convoy Gold Version toy:

Probably made in homage to that (well, without the trailer, obviously).
Re: First Look at Year of the Horse MP Optimus Prime (1532005)
Posted by Ravage XK on November 27th, 2013 @ 9:09am CST
Hmm, I don't think I like the gold chrome. Looks odd.

Ghost trailer?
Re: First Look at Year of the Horse MP Optimus Prime (1532006)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on November 27th, 2013 @ 9:13am CST
I shall call him Rustimus Prime
Re: First Look at Year of the Horse MP Optimus Prime (1532009)
Posted by Trikeboy on November 27th, 2013 @ 9:45am CST
I'm sure the one or two Optimus Prime/Convoy collectors out there are very happy. As a regular Masterpiece collector, I'm not that interested.
Re: First Look at Year of the Horse MP Optimus Prime (1532011)
Posted by megatronus on November 27th, 2013 @ 9:53am CST
I think I'll get this guy.

I'm somewhat reluctant, but I'll get him. At the very least, I'll be able to swap out the eyes with my dead-eye Takara version...
Re: First Look at Year of the Horse MP Optimus Prime (1532017)
Posted by SentinelA on November 27th, 2013 @ 10:51am CST
Pass
Re: First Look at Year of the Horse MP Optimus Prime (1532021)
Posted by EdabanG on November 27th, 2013 @ 11:30am CST
:APPLAUSE: Translucent trailer!?
I wonder if it will come with Roller and/or Spike... :-?
I wish I has waited and ordered from TFSource instead of jumping on the RK one.
Would've saved 10 bucks. :HEADHURTS:
Re: First Look at Year of the Horse MP Optimus Prime (1532026)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on November 27th, 2013 @ 12:17pm CST
How about they release the normal masterpiece version, and this time send it in large enough amounts so that scalpers don't buy them out.
Re: First Look at Year of the Horse MP Optimus Prime (1532030)
Posted by Skullcrunchberries on November 27th, 2013 @ 12:41pm CST
This looks hideous, the gold chrome doesn't match the figure at all. Just... no.

...I think I need to have this.
Re: First Look at Year of the Horse MP Optimus Prime (1532035)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on November 27th, 2013 @ 1:25pm CST
looks bad man.
Re: First Look at Year of the Horse MP Optimus Prime (1532043)
Posted by Manterax Prime on November 27th, 2013 @ 2:22pm CST
Second chance at MP-10 huh? ok....I'll bite.
Re: First Look at Year of the Horse MP Optimus Prime (1532061)
Posted by Sodan-1 on November 27th, 2013 @ 4:36pm CST
The gold looks like tobacco stains.

Uber passage.
Re: First Look at Year of the Horse MP Optimus Prime (1532076)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on November 27th, 2013 @ 6:13pm CST
Thank you, for helping me to save my money! Pass go, save quite a bit of long green.
Re: First Look at Year of the Horse MP Optimus Prime (1532078)
Posted by Arctorro on November 27th, 2013 @ 6:23pm CST
Thankfully I have no need of a second MP OP as this thing looks horrid!!! :SICK:
Re: First Look at Year of the Horse MP Optimus Prime (1532089)
Posted by Autobot032 on November 27th, 2013 @ 9:19pm CST
....that's not as bad as I thought. In fact, the gold chrome looks pretty nice on him. It's that translucent trailer that ruins it for me. -_-
Re: First Look at Year of the Horse MP Optimus Prime (1532371)
Posted by Mindmaster on November 29th, 2013 @ 7:37am CST
TF Upgrader is at it again! Following up on our earlier story where we got our first look at Year of the Horse Optimus Prime, TF Upgrader's Facebook page uploaded another image of the exclusive figure, this time being the suped up Autobot leader in his packaging. We can expect the packaging to be a book box, similarly to the previous Platinum Edition releases. Check him out below in his golden chromey glory!

UPDATE: Sabrblade pointed us in the direction of the eBay auction where TF Upgrader found the images, which not only include the package's front flap and accessories, but the origin of the original image where we first saw Year of the Horse Optimus Prime: the bottom of Year of the Horse Starscream's package, which can be barely seen on the top of the toy availability callout!

The image containing the glimpse of Starscream has been cropped to help make it easier to point out.

Re: First Look at Year of the Horse MP Optimus Prime (1532380)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 29th, 2013 @ 9:21am CST
And I supposed he's #12 of 30 ;)
Re: First Look at Year of the Horse MP Optimus Prime (1532385)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 29th, 2013 @ 10:11am CST
Re: First Look at Year of the Horse MP Optimus Prime (1532390)
Posted by Mindmaster on November 29th, 2013 @ 10:30am CST
Sabrblade wrote:Here's the original source of the image, with more pics - http://www.ebay.com/itm/271330655464

Updated.

Also reveals the origin of the first image of YotH Optimus: it's from the bottom of YotH Starscream's package! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #241 - Toy Fair 2020
"Toy Fair 2020"
Posted: Monday, February 24th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Knockout with Energon Driller! 100% Complete!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool HEROES Transformers Rescue Bots (SERVO) Action Figure In Hand VHTF" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Bumblebee Rescue Guard New" on EBAY
Buy "SDCC 2012 Destro Exclusive G.I. Joe Transformers Crossover File Card" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Slamdance Grandslam & Raindance Cassettes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe AUTOBOT HOUND Generations -  New In Pakg . 25 Yrs. Anni." on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Rescue Bots Walker Cleveland & Jackhammer - Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Rescue Bots - Cody Burns & Rescue Axe Playskool Heroes HTF" on EBAY