Transformers News: First Look: MP-13 Soundwave and Laserbeak and MP-14  Red Alert (Updated with Additional Images)

Thursday, June 14th, 2012 6:39AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 47,690

Amazon Japan gives us the first look at MP-13 Masterpiece Soundwave and Laserbeak and MP-14 Masterpiece Red Alert. Unlike yesterday's news of color images of MP-12 Sideswipe these are just unpainted protoytypes but is a nice first look. Perhaps we will get to see more of this duo at the Tokyo Toy Show starting today. The Soundwave listing also hints that more MP cassetticons are forthcoming, as he can hold up to three cassettes. Images mirrored

MP-13 Soundwave with Laserbeak

MP-14 Red Alert

Credit(s): Amazon Japan

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: First Look: MP-13 Soundwave and Laserbeak and MP-14 Red Alert (Updated with Additional Images) (1389845)
Posted by alldarker on June 14th, 2012 @ 6:41am CDT
Hmm... Not really feeling that Red Alert yet. The lightbar is a little obnoxious. He does have a different head, which is nice.

More pictures of MP-13 Soundwave & Laserbeak were posted here by Optimutt...

Re: First Look: MP-13 Soundwave and Laserbeak and MP-14 Red Alert (Updated with Additional Images) (1389846)
Posted by CBratetron on June 14th, 2012 @ 6:47am CDT
Laserbeak is looking real nice. I hope Ravage gets developed too.
Re: First Look: MP-13 Soundwave and Laserbeak and MP-14 Red Alert (Updated with Additional Images) (1389847)
Posted by Trikeboy on June 14th, 2012 @ 6:50am CDT
That Soundwave needs a better prototype stat. I'm sorry TakaraTomy, and this is coming from someone who has already paid for MP 13, but Accoustic Wave looked nicer in prototype phase. I'm underwhelmed actually.
Re: First Look: MP-13 Soundwave and Laserbeak and MP-14 Red Alert (Updated with Additional Images) (1389848)
Posted by griftimus prime on June 14th, 2012 @ 6:51am CDT
is soundwave a midget also?
Re: First Look: MP-13 Soundwave and Laserbeak and MP-14 Red Alert (Updated with Additional Images) (1389849)
Posted by Trikeboy on June 14th, 2012 @ 6:53am CDT

Edit: Is it just me or does it look like he has that video camera in his head like in Transformers the Movie?
Re: First Look: MP-13 Soundwave and Laserbeak and MP-14 Red Alert (Updated with Additional Images) (1389852)
Posted by synthetik on June 14th, 2012 @ 7:05am CDT
Was REALLY on the fence about red alert, but these pics just dumped me on the preordering side
Re: First Look: MP-13 Soundwave and Laserbeak and MP-14 Red Alert (Updated with Additional Images) (1389860)
Posted by Autobot Cheetor on June 14th, 2012 @ 7:27am CDT
Laserbeak is beautiful. I mean really the engineering must be admired. Soundwave looks just as spectacular. Honestly, Acoustic Wave looked like someone just gave articulation to the G1 figure. I don't buy third party figures but if I did I would want a little more originality than that.

As a side note, I really don't understand the attitude towards the smaller scale. We get it cheaper, it displays better, and it allows for more than one MP to come out every two years.
Re: First Look: MP-13 Soundwave and Laserbeak and MP-14 Red Alert (Updated with Additional Images) (1389861)
Posted by CBratetron on June 14th, 2012 @ 7:29am CDT
Trikeboy wrote:Just seen the Laserbeak image. I'm liking that a lot actually. His weapons appear to have joints. I would so love it if they transformed into the cassette and weren't separate pieces.

It does indeed look like there will be no add-on's.
Re: First Look: MP-13 Soundwave and Laserbeak and MP-14 Red Alert (Updated with Additional Images) (1389863)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on June 14th, 2012 @ 7:33am CDT
Soundwave really looks like an upsized G1 with more joints. Oh well.
Re: First Look: MP-13 Soundwave and Laserbeak and MP-14 Red Alert (Updated with Additional Images) (1389864)
Posted by Cyberseven on June 14th, 2012 @ 7:33am CDT
Like I had posted in the discussion on colored pics of MP Sideswipe, I already had all of these MP's on pre-order.
After seeing all of these leaked pictures, I am even more happy that I did.
I was worried that these might not be proper G1 representations. These pics have cured my worries,and these figures look awesome.
I can't wait until I have these in hand!!!

Bravo Takara! Keep the good stuff coming.
Re: First Look: MP-13 Soundwave and Laserbeak and MP-14 Red Alert (Updated with Additional Images) (1389866)
Posted by Mykltron on June 14th, 2012 @ 7:44am CDT
I'm concerned that his hip articulation will make certain poses look too weird, but other than that he looks great.
Re: First Look: MP-13 Soundwave and Laserbeak and MP-14 Red Alert (Updated with Additional Images) (1389867)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 14th, 2012 @ 7:46am CDT
Eleven posts in and not a single "Soundwave Superior" comment? For shame. :P

These all look great! ;)^
Re: First Look: MP-13 Soundwave and Laserbeak and MP-14 Red Alert (Updated with Additional Images) (1389868)
Posted by Deruji on June 14th, 2012 @ 7:49am CDT
CBratetron wrote:

It does indeed look like there will be no add-on's.

You can see how the laser fold down in the pics, kinda cool. Though he could use some better feet^^
Re: First Look: MP-13 Soundwave and Laserbeak and MP-14 Red Alert (Updated with Additional Images) (1389869)
Posted by Trikeboy on June 14th, 2012 @ 7:49am CDT
Autobot Cheetor wrote:Honestly, Acoustic Wave looked like someone just gave articulation to the G1 figure. I don't buy third party figures but if I did I would want a little more originality than that.

Are you serious? this is what Acoustic Wave looked like. I am not seeing an articulated G1 toy there. To be honest the TT one is more of an Articulated G1 toy.

I really wish the official product had a bit more detailing in him, it looks too plain for the Masterpiece line. Look how much detailing went into MP-10. Oh well, I'm just glad that we are getting an official Soundwave. Laserbeak sells me on the TT product of course. I want a Buzzsaw, Ravage and Frumble next please. Do it like your Encore line and release a pack of tapes.
Re: First Look: MP-13 Soundwave and Laserbeak and MP-14 Red Alert (Updated with Additional Images) (1389872)
Posted by RiddlerJ on June 14th, 2012 @ 7:51am CDT
gavinfuzzy wrote:Soundwave really looks like an upsized G1 with more joints. Oh well.

The original G1 toy was pretty cartoon accurate. I don't know what else they could've added. Was there something in particular you were hoping they did.

I love Laserbeak (I think his head must contain a little camera like on the show since there's a slot there). If they really wanted to blow people away, the next masterpiece should just be a collection of Soundwave's tapes.
Re: First Look: MP-13 Soundwave and Laserbeak and MP-14 Red Alert (Updated with Additional Images) (1389873)
Posted by DMSL on June 14th, 2012 @ 7:53am CDT
Autobot Cheetor wrote:

I bet this Soundwave will be as big as the last Prime release. Kinda sucks for me as i prefer MP01 scale with Alternators, so this one would be too small to fit in. Grimlock i could use for Classics, but Soundwave here would be just too big.

About price, i don't see these being cheaper than MP01 and other first Master Pieces. More/less releases in the MP series is not really a matter of scale, the engineering done and the amount of work going into a figure is probably the same whether it be, for example, a 10 or a 14" figure.
Re: First Look: MP-13 Soundwave and Laserbeak and MP-14 Red Alert (Updated with Additional Images) (1389876)
Posted by Deruji on June 14th, 2012 @ 7:55am CDT
Trikeboy wrote:

I have to agree with you on that. And when they release the packs, do not mix Autobots and Decepticons^^
Re: First Look: MP-13 Soundwave and Laserbeak and MP-14 Red Alert (Updated with Additional Images) (1389878)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on June 14th, 2012 @ 7:58am CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:

Yeah, the lazerbeak with the integrated booster seems more of an engineering feat than the soundwave itself.

The G1 toy was pretty show accurate so yeah, they probably could not do much. Somehow it seems abit wide in tape deck mode when compared to the orginal G1 one.
Re: First Look: MP-13 Soundwave and Laserbeak and MP-14 Red Alert (Updated with Additional Images) (1389879)
Posted by starscream1974 on June 14th, 2012 @ 8:02am CDT
:BOWDOWN: :CON: Holy Mother of Pearl. Beautiful, I hope Soundwave is the same size or just a smidge shorter than MP-10...he has to be. Don't get me wrong I and never will cancel the preorder with BBTS.........there is no way he is the same scale as Red Alert and Sideswipe right? :-? My goodness, I have the original Soundwave with a Maiden Japan replacement head, and I will also get the Fall Of Cybertron Voyager Soundwave which looked amazing as well. BUT THIS HOLY you know what AMAZING Simply Amazing. :CON: :KREMZEEK: I am almost speechless THANK YOU TAKARA!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I want to see this new Warbot coming from Fansproject >:oP
Re: First Look: MP-13 Soundwave and Laserbeak and MP-14 Red Alert (Updated with Additional Images) (1389880)
Posted by Dead Metal on June 14th, 2012 @ 8:05am CDT
Soundwave is awesome, he has better proportions than the cancelled FansToys one so I'm not going to miss that one.

However, it looks like most of the detailing went into the back, while leaving his front kinda naked.

Oh man, Laserbeak looks amazing too. He almost looks like he would transform into his pre-earth mode too.

Ending Soon On eBay

Hasbro Transformers Playskool Rescue Bots Bumblebee's Garage playset HTF - Time Remaining: 1 day 21 hours 8 minutes 13 seconds
Dropshot Heavy Load Blades Leo Prime Universe Voyager LOT Transformers Hasbro - Time Remaining: 4 days 11 hours 10 minutes 33 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS TITANS RETURN LEADER POWERMASTER OPTIMUS PRIME FIGURE - Time Remaining: 19 days 20 hours 14 minutes 35 seconds
HASBRO TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS AGE OF EXTINCTION DINOBOT SLOG ACTION FIGURE TOY - Time Remaining: 3 days 7 hours 15 minutes 5 seconds
Transformers The Movie 2007 Deluxe Class Decepticon Barricade Brand NEW In Box - Time Remaining: 1 day 9 hours 19 minutes 11 seconds
Transformers Movie 2007 Legends Class Bumblebee MISB - Time Remaining: 5 days 19 hours 20 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Sentinel Prime - Time Remaining: 26 days 19 hours 20 minutes 53 seconds
NIGHTSCREAM Starscream Transformers Superlink SD-01 Deluxe Class 2004 Energon - Time Remaining: 6 days 1 hour 28 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #188 - Mutinous Intent