First Platinum Edition Blitzwing and Astrotrain In Package Image Surfaces

First Platinum Edition Blitzwing and Astrotrain In Package Image Surfaces

Thursday, February 26th, 2015 7:17am CST

Categories: Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 32,694

We've mirrored the image below, and while you're checking out pictures, might as well take a look at our galleries of the original Astrotrain and Blitzwing!

Transformers News: First Platinum Edition Blitzwing and Astrotrain In Package Image Surfaces

Release date has not been confirmed as of yet, but as soon as we know, you will, so keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around!

Credit(s): Cybertron Philippines, Primeultimus, JelZe GoldRabbit

Re: First Platinum Edition Blitzwing and Astrotrain In Package Image Surfaces (1656219)
Posted by fenrir72 on February 26th, 2015 @ 7:28am CST
Autobot032 wrote:Thanks to the Cybertron Philippines Facebook page we have our first look at the upcoming Platinum Edition Blitzwing And Astrotrain set featuring drastic redecos of the original G1 molds! Thanks to Seibertron.com members Primeultimus (for pointing us in the direction of this news) and JelZe GoldRabbit, whos detail oriented eyes pointed out that this set of reissues features the Duocon Flywheels color scheme!

A Purple tank? Ouch! Sure about the Duocons but still............Wish it was the gray Astrotrain.
Re: First Platinum Edition Blitzwing and Astrotrain In Package Image Surfaces (1656223)
Posted by RhA on February 26th, 2015 @ 7:52am CST
Are you kidding me? This set is awesome!
Re: First Platinum Edition Blitzwing and Astrotrain In Package Image Surfaces (1656225)
Posted by G1COLLECTOR on February 26th, 2015 @ 7:58am CST
Why in these ( Colors) ? Very odd I think. Easy Pass , have at it!
Re: First Platinum Edition Blitzwing and Astrotrain In Package Image Surfaces (1656226)
Posted by ScottyP on February 26th, 2015 @ 8:01am CST
Re: First Platinum Edition Blitzwing and Astrotrain In Package Image Surfaces (1656231)
Posted by Cobotron on February 26th, 2015 @ 8:15am CST
Can't wait to see their robot modes. I like these funky colors. Plus I never had these guys. Nothing wrong with some new outfits. Sassy Starscream is always changing his clothes.
Re: First Platinum Edition Blitzwing and Astrotrain In Package Image Surfaces (1656236)
Posted by GuyIncognito on February 26th, 2015 @ 8:37am CST
Re: First Platinum Edition Blitzwing and Astrotrain In Package Image Surfaces (1656239)
Posted by william-james88 on February 26th, 2015 @ 8:42am CST
Re: First Platinum Edition Blitzwing and Astrotrain In Package Image Surfaces (1656241)
Posted by Cobotron on February 26th, 2015 @ 8:45am CST
william-james88 wrote:"Edition Platine", the two most beautiful words I have read in a while. Almost brings a tear to my eye.
"Edition PLANTAIN"!?!? they're made out of bananas?

just goofin'. that is good news for Quebec!
Re: First Platinum Edition Blitzwing and Astrotrain In Package Image Surfaces (1656245)
Posted by william-james88 on February 26th, 2015 @ 8:52am CST
Cobotron wrote:
"Edition PLANTAIN"!?!? they're made out of bananas?

Those colours are bananas.
Re: First Platinum Edition Blitzwing and Astrotrain In Package Image Surfaces (1656247)
Posted by Cobotron on February 26th, 2015 @ 8:53am CST
william-james88 wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
"Edition PLANTAIN"!?!? they're made out of bananas?

Those colours are bananas.
Indeed! :lol:
Re: First Platinum Edition Blitzwing and Astrotrain In Package Image Surfaces (1656250)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on February 26th, 2015 @ 8:59am CST
G2 triple changers perhaps?
Re: First Platinum Edition Blitzwing and Astrotrain In Package Image Surfaces (1656252)
Posted by G1COLLECTOR on February 26th, 2015 @ 9:03am CST
GuyIncognito wrote:I really like the Flywheels-inspired Blitzwing, but I'm not so sure about Astrotrain, with that super-bright orange/red. Kinds looks like a dollar-store KO. I'll withhold judgement until we see some in-hand images.

LOL, You are Right, they do look like Big Lots or Dollar Store KO's.... :BANG_HEAD: :KREMZEEK:
Re: First Platinum Edition Blitzwing and Astrotrain In Package Image Surfaces (1656255)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on February 26th, 2015 @ 9:09am CST
ScottyP wrote:I'll just leave this here, because it's all Blitzwing's color scheme reminds me of. I'm sorry.

No no, don't be sorry, in fact we should be praising you for digging that up. :APPLAUSE:

It's just first observation on my part, really and I could be wrong about Flywheels (read: don't take everything I say as gospel ;)). Definitely worth asking about.
Re: First Platinum Edition Blitzwing and Astrotrain In Package Image Surfaces (1656259)
Posted by Noideaforaname on February 26th, 2015 @ 9:17am CST
Flywheels and Movor? This is a strangely bizarre set. Blitzwing looks like he might be alright, but that orange looks awful against the otherwise realistic space shuttle.
Re: First Platinum Edition Blitzwing and Astrotrain In Package Image Surfaces (1656275)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on February 26th, 2015 @ 9:58am CST
Re: First Platinum Edition Blitzwing and Astrotrain In Package Image Surfaces (1656285)
Posted by william-james88 on February 26th, 2015 @ 10:24am CST
NuclearConvoy wrote:Maybe I am alone in this, but I don't get the appeal of this kind of repaint of such an old mold. Usually old molds are reissued to grab money from people who want to capture nostalgia, but in these colours do they really do that? I am curious to see how well these sell.

I hear ya. I would love to know Hasbro's reasoning behind this.
Re: First Platinum Edition Blitzwing and Astrotrain In Package Image Surfaces (1656288)
Posted by Madeus Prime on February 26th, 2015 @ 10:31am CST
Am I the only one seeing them as SG characters? I mean, Blitzwing was based color-wise on Warpath, and while I know Astrotrain is colored the same in both demensions, is there a reason he couldn't be based off Sky Lynx or Movor?
Re: First Platinum Edition Blitzwing and Astrotrain In Package Image Surfaces (1656294)
Posted by Counterpunch on February 26th, 2015 @ 10:47am CST
I suspect this is just a packaging mock-up.

It really makes no sense to issue them in these colors. The whole thing feels like a test shot package to me.
Re: First Platinum Edition Blitzwing and Astrotrain In Package Image Surfaces (1656295)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on February 26th, 2015 @ 10:51am CST
Counterpunch wrote:I suspect this is just a packaging mock-up.

Packaging art matches the colors... :WHISTLE:
Re: First Platinum Edition Blitzwing and Astrotrain In Package Image Surfaces (1656301)
Posted by Counterpunch on February 26th, 2015 @ 11:07am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:I suspect this is just a packaging mock-up.

Packaging art matches the colors... :WHISTLE:

I saw that.

As of now, it still makes zero sense.

"Here is a reissue in colors that have no connection to the characters. Please spend Platinum pricing levels to buy this thing you did not want."

More likely, it's a mock up and all of that, packaging and figures, will be resolved prior to release.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Commander Class Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 80 84 Devastator Constructicon Scrapper" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers R.e.d. MEGATRON Vinyl RED Series Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Starscream and wfc generations starscream lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lot-Cyberverse Bumblebee and Jazz, Quick Change" on EBAY