First Possible Look At Transformers Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime

First Possible Look At Transformers Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime

Wednesday, March 3rd, 2021 6:33am CST

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 50,455

Greetings Seibertronians! We have some possible exciting news for those curious to see the Conmander Class for Transformers War for Cybertron: Kingdom.

It should be pointed out that so far, there is nothing else to go on other then this picture and what information has been shared with leakers so far. The following picture it's self comes from twitter user, @hotconvoy, who doesn't offer a source for the picture.

Transformers News: First Possible Look At Transformers Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime

As you can see, this is just the main body of Rodimus Prime, and though the picture isn't detailed, you can see some details on the legs that matches the style we've seen so far inn the WfC Trilogy. It's too early to say if be shares anything other then looks with the SS86 Voyager Class Hot Rod. We also see two accessories, a sword and a gun.

The picture also gives a Japanese ID number for him as KD-12 as well as a release date (in Japan), as August 2021, as well as his price in Yen. A date is also given of 10th of March, which, if this is to be believed, could be when we get our good and detailed look at the figure and everything he comes with.

Till we have a source for this, or get official confirmation, treat this as rumour.

If this is the real deal, what are your thoughts? Don't think this will be three in a row for Commander Class releases?

Give a shout out in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Credit(s): Hot Convoy on Twitter

This article was last modified on Wednesday, March 3rd, 2021 6:40am CST

Re: First Possible Look At Transformers Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime (2097016)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 3rd, 2021 @ 9:15am CST
Emerje wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:I thought Drill Bit was considered the worst of the Basic figures?

I like Drill Bit. He's a bug with a drill face, what's not to like?

Emerje
His translucent plastic might make him a bit delicate nowadays.
Re: First Possible Look At Transformers Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime (2097055)
Posted by Shiningstar7896 on March 3rd, 2021 @ 12:03pm CST
I was looking on TFW2005 and I found where the image comes from.

https://www.facebook.com/93297310009753 ... 262784359/

The image doesn't show the trailer.
Re: First Possible Look At Transformers Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime (2097135)
Posted by DMSL on March 3rd, 2021 @ 6:30pm CST
This is like that G1 Prime Hasbro re-issued without the trailer...pointless.
Re: First Possible Look At Transformers Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime (2097140)
Posted by TOO MUCH ENERGON! on March 3rd, 2021 @ 7:00pm CST
Emerje wrote:
Zeedust wrote:Hopefully if it is the non-Transmetals, they'll give us a reissue of the basic Rattrap this time around; it'd scale better with the Kingdom stuff than the tiny core class version.

Personally I've never been a fan of the original Rattrap figure, I don't even own one because I didn't like it as a kid teen despite liking the character a lot. I've always felt it was the absolute worst of the Basic figures and a terrible rat likeness, especially that row of long fangs. Kingdom Rattrap isn't that much smaller than the original and has a far better looking rat mode and scales better with the smaller scale of Kingdom figures.

Rattraps.JPG

(From Deluxe Baldwin on YouTube)

Sure not going to try to change your opinion, but the size differences are so minor and the aesthetics are so different I don't think the original would look any better with Kingdom.

Emerje

Re: First Possible Look At Transformers Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime (2097154)
Posted by YoungPrime on March 3rd, 2021 @ 10:45pm CST
Pass! Should've been a number of other TF characters that deserve actual Commander class treatment.

I'll only grab this if shows up on sale or one clearance somewhere.
Re: First Possible Look At Transformers Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime (2097164)
Posted by Emerje on March 4th, 2021 @ 2:17am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Emerje wrote:

I like Drill Bit. He's a bug with a drill face, what's not to like?

Emerje
His translucent plastic might make him a bit delicate nowadays.

I actually just bought a used one off Transformerland.com last year and he seemed fine, better than the original Transmetals Rhinox I bought at the same time that definitely felt like he could break at any point in the transformation and will probably never see rhino mode again.

TOO MUCH ENERGON! wrote:What's the figure directly beside the Kingdom one? I think that's probably the best-looking Rattrap of the bunch.

Third party, quick search and I guess it has the generic name of "Mice Warriors" with an "s". Apparently he's more egg than mouse having no molded fur textures on his body.

Emerje
Re: First Possible Look At Transformers Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime (2097301)
Posted by Zeedust on March 5th, 2021 @ 3:17pm CST
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:And I thought Transmetal Rattrap being used for BW 10th instead of the original Basic was nothing more than logistics, really. Putting a Basic figure in a line set as "Deluxe only", yeah no.

Yeah, that was my assumption as well.

They pulled the original Terrorsaur mold out of mothballs for use in AoE, so we know at least one of the first-wave basic-class BW molds was available for use in a 2014 toyline. The BW 10th anniversary toyline was 2006. I'm skeptical about the idea that Rattrap's mold was unusable by then when Terrosaur's, which got reused far more, was still good 8 years later.
Re: First Possible Look At Transformers Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime (2097311)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 5th, 2021 @ 5:02pm CST
Zeedust wrote:

Yeah, that was my assumption as well.

Re: First Possible Look At Transformers Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime (2097476)
Posted by Dead Metal on March 8th, 2021 @ 6:31am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Zeedust wrote:

Yeah, that was my assumption as well.

Wait, what? I just had to check this and wow. That has got to be the most random redeco ever. A 20 year old mold used as something in a main toyline...
Re: First Possible Look At Transformers Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime (2097480)
Posted by william-james88 on March 8th, 2021 @ 8:44am CST
Dead Metal wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Zeedust wrote:

Yeah, that was my assumption as well.

It wasn't a main toyline.
Re: First Possible Look At Transformers Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime (2097492)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 8th, 2021 @ 2:04pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Zeedust wrote:

Yeah, that was my assumption as well.

It wasn't a main toyline.

It was a Walmart exclusive to be exact, packaged with a RotF Legion Bumblebee. And well, dinos sell, so any available was used. Look at Grimlock, he got Prime Legion Rippersnapper (multiple times!), FoC Grimlock and Energon Cruellock(!) used.

Actually, the BW springloaded Basics may not be lost, but undesireable to be used due some of the mechanisms, the (supposed) force necessary to trigger them and how little fingers can get stuck inside them. I have Iguanus, Armordillo and BW Neo Hydra within reach and I can see kids getting their fingers hurt. Compare them to the current One-Step Changers, you'll see what I mean :-?
Re: First Possible Look At Transformers Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime (2097531)
Posted by Zeedust on March 8th, 2021 @ 7:51pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:]Yeah, the Terrorsaur mold showing up in AOE came as a shock to everyone, as it too was believed to have been lost like the Rattrap, Insecticon, and Armordillo molds.

Okay, I'm just gonna come out and say it. Did someone on the inside actually say those molds were lost?

Also, I still think reissues of Inferno and Tarantulas might be a good idea since they don't have toys in Kingdom.
Re: First Possible Look At Transformers Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime (2097538)
Posted by william-james88 on March 8th, 2021 @ 10:56pm CST
Zeedust wrote:

I asked the site owner who has spoken to the different Hasbro teams over the years and as far as he knows those initial beast wars molds were never confirmed to be lost.
Re: First Possible Look At Transformers Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime (2097817)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on March 11th, 2021 @ 11:32am CST
IGN confirms Walmart reissues. Originals, not Transmetals. H/t user TOO MUCH ENERGON! in the Netflix thread.

https://www.ign.com/articles/new-transf ... lease-date
Re: First Possible Look At Transformers Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime (2097819)
Posted by william-james88 on March 11th, 2021 @ 12:19pm CST
Well it looks like some rumours were wrong. We are getting reissues from the Beast Wars era but they are not transmetals, they are the original toys from 1996. And they seem to be original through and through with the original headsculpts and original packaging too, which will be amazing to see in stores. My fondest toysrus memory is seeing all these beast wars toys on pegs covering an end display and this definitely brings me back. With these being reissues and part of Walmart's collector con on 3/15, it's a smart bet that these are Walmart exclusives. The colours are slightly different than the original releases though. The deluxes will be $19.99 and the Leaders will be $39.99, no word yet on Rattrap. Check out Rattap, Cheetor, Optimus Primal and Megatron below! Here is where this story was first posted: https://www.ign.com/articles/new-transf ... lease-date

Re: First Possible Look At Transformers Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime (2097820)
Posted by TOO MUCH ENERGON! on March 11th, 2021 @ 12:25pm CST
I pretty much got all of my Beast Wars toys back in the 90's at a Walmart (which no longer exists) anyway, so double-nostalgia! :lol:
Re: First Possible Look At Transformers Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime (2097821)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 11th, 2021 @ 12:30pm CST
Hard pass. I still have all my original BW toys, as well as several of the show-accurate Telemocha Series redecos, and the 10th Anniversary retools of Primal and Megatron, and even the 1997 show-accurate Takara redecos of Rattrap and Terrorsaur.

I would have been all over reissues of the Transmetals if it gave us a GPS-free version of Megatron. Or even reissues of these molds in their Telemocha Series decos (as there are still a few I'm missing). But I don't need show-inaccurate versions of the Season 1 figures.
Re: First Possible Look At Transformers Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime (2097823)
Posted by Dead Metal on March 11th, 2021 @ 12:31pm CST
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Zeedust wrote:

Yeah, that was my assumption as well.

It wasn't a main toyline.

So the wiki got it wrong when it states that it's an AOE release? Ok.

As for the reissues at hand, kinda tempted for the packaging, BW had my favourite packaging design. And gotta love mistransforming in advertising photos to make toys look more articulated XD
Re: First Possible Look At Transformers Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime (2097824)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 11th, 2021 @ 12:34pm CST
Dead Metal wrote:So the wiki got it wrong when it states that it's an AOE release? Ok.
What are you talking about? It was released in AOE. Just not in the main toyline, but in a Walmart-exclusive AOE subline. That's what Will and JelZe meant.
Re: First Possible Look At Transformers Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime (2097825)
Posted by sol magnus on March 11th, 2021 @ 12:40pm CST
Ahh, memories. I might get an Optimus Primal so I can use his mace for the Kingdom version. Those guys had 5mm pegs.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Protectobot HOT SPOT Voyager Class New (2012 Hasbro)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Kingdom WFC Autobot HUFFER Deluxe 5in Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars G2 Dragstrip - incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Battle Core Optimus Prime (Incomplete) Body" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers Legends Ultra Magnus Complete w/ Alpha Trion Combiner Wars" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Legends LG17 Blackarachnia complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Universe Deluxe Cyclonus - Great Condition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron #002 Soundblaster w/ Buzzsaw Voyager" on EBAY