First Possible Look At Transformers Kingdom Core Class Rattrap

First Possible Look At Transformers Kingdom Core Class Rattrap

Tuesday, August 25th, 2020 8:22am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 45,392

Greetings Seibertronians! We've got some exciting news for you all today as fellow Seibertron user, Omegatron, has let know that YouTube toy reviewer, TonTon Reviews has somehow gotten ahold of Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Class Rattrap! He's made a short stop-motion video for everyone's favourite transforming rat.

Core Class is the name for the replacement of the Micromasters price point.

Here is some screen grabs:

Transformers News: First Possible Look At Transformers Kingdom Core Class Rattrap

We've embedded the video here for your convenience:

What do you think of this? Believe that it can be as it appears? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Credit(s): Omegatron from Seibertron, TonTon Reviews from YouTube

Re: First Possible Look At Transformers Kingdom Core Class Rattrap (2077481)
Posted by LinaNui on August 25th, 2020 @ 8:28am CDT

On the figure side though. I am really not a fan of this, I think that I will be saving a lot of money this coming year if half the figures are BW. Does anyone else find it strange that we basically know of every figure that will be released in the kingdom line and ER has not even ended yet?
Re: First Possible Look At Transformers Kingdom Core Class Rattrap (2077482)
Posted by aronjlove on August 25th, 2020 @ 8:29am CDT
That looks pretty good! Looking forward to seeing the rest of the Beasts.
Re: First Possible Look At Transformers Kingdom Core Class Rattrap (2077483)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on August 25th, 2020 @ 8:34am CDT
LinaNui wrote:I just submitted this video to news since I hadn't seen it front paged. Them after I hit submit the page refreshed and it was up already. oh well lol

I did too, in the reviews section. oops oh well
Re: First Possible Look At Transformers Kingdom Core Class Rattrap (2077484)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 25th, 2020 @ 8:36am CDT

To be fair, this isn't the first time it's happened. Titan's Returns and Power of the Primes was also heavy set with leaks. I did think they had a handle on it after PotP but looks like I was wrong.

Anyway, I'm loving Rattrap and if the rest of the bessts are just as well handled (assuming good QC) then I think its going to be quite a year for me.
Re: First Possible Look At Transformers Kingdom Core Class Rattrap (2077485)
Posted by ThunderThruster on August 25th, 2020 @ 8:50am CDT
I'm looking forward to a comparison between this and T30 Rattrap.
Re: First Possible Look At Transformers Kingdom Core Class Rattrap (2077487)
Posted by Mindmaster on August 25th, 2020 @ 8:55am CDT
Okay, I’m impressed. I figured the Core class was going to be something naff like the Prime Masters on their own, but this Rattrap has me converted (lol, geddit). If this is any indication of how Kingdom will turn out I might actually go in for some of the line as opposed to the holes left like Inferno, Tracks, and the Minibots left.
Re: First Possible Look At Transformers Kingdom Core Class Rattrap (2077488)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 25th, 2020 @ 9:01am CDT
For those curious:
Transformers Generations Rattrap Gallery

This is T30 Rattrap who would likely tower over Kingdom Rattrap
Re: First Possible Look At Transformers Kingdom Core Class Rattrap (2077489)
Posted by Evil Eye on August 25th, 2020 @ 9:02am CDT
Looks pretty nice, especially for the size. T30 looks to be the better toy overall but this is like a third of the size, so oh well. Looks like he needs better paint though, IMO anyway.

Best Rattrap is still the Transmetal mold, AKA the Rat Rod.
Re: First Possible Look At Transformers Kingdom Core Class Rattrap (2077490)
Posted by transformers_va on August 25th, 2020 @ 9:20am CDT
Re: First Possible Look At Transformers Kingdom Core Class Rattrap (2077492)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 25th, 2020 @ 9:22am CDT
transformers_va wrote:What a shame.. to go from a great WFC line, with Siege and Earthrise, to this. This guy just looks cheap, and brings down the line overall. If they wanted another BW line, they should have kept it separate from WFC.
But they'll be making G1 toys in this size class too.
Re: First Possible Look At Transformers Kingdom Core Class Rattrap (2077493)
Posted by joevill on August 25th, 2020 @ 9:25am CDT
This video was fun to watch!
Re: First Possible Look At Transformers Kingdom Core Class Rattrap (2077495)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 25th, 2020 @ 9:36am CDT
Rattrap looks pretty good. I want a more fun organic rat mode Rattrap, and this looks like the one! Crazy to think I'll have 3 Rattraps. he wasn't my favorite character, but he was still really good and enjoyable, so he is deserving of the 3 toys in my collection he'll have!

I'm also very appreciative of the smaller sizes. I've come to realize I am really good with the downsizing of the figures since more can fit on a shelf to make a better looking army, and it makes the bigger guys actually seem bigger. I'm cool with it!

I could not disagree more.

FINALLY adding Beast Wars? This is finally starting to put the "s" back in "Generations". The line should not be 95% G1 with a random callout or 2 thrown in. Make it like this, 50% G1/50% BW, and continue that diversity.

Transformers should be like Marvel Legends, and this is at long last a step in the right direction, a step that was made in Thrilling 30 and then stagnated, and now is finally headed that way again.
Re: First Possible Look At Transformers Kingdom Core Class Rattrap (2077496)
Posted by skycutter on August 25th, 2020 @ 9:40am CDT

this is a legend class dude at legend class price, don't expect it to be perfect
Re: First Possible Look At Transformers Kingdom Core Class Rattrap (2077497)
Posted by transformers_va on August 25th, 2020 @ 9:44am CDT
I'm not expecting perfection by any means, but I think these will stick out like a sore thumb, not fitting in well with the rest of the WFC line
Re: First Possible Look At Transformers Kingdom Core Class Rattrap (2077498)
Posted by PerfectVision on August 25th, 2020 @ 9:46am CDT
This Rattrap has already the advantage of not having rat ears obscuring his vision.
Re: First Possible Look At Transformers Kingdom Core Class Rattrap (2077499)
Posted by sol magnus on August 25th, 2020 @ 9:46am CDT

Really? For the size class I thought they did a bang up job!

I'll definitely be getting this.
Re: First Possible Look At Transformers Kingdom Core Class Rattrap (2077501)
Posted by LordBludgeon on August 25th, 2020 @ 9:50am CDT
Okay, I can't be the only one thinking this... but does it look like Mr Trap's rat mode has been sniffing some of the 'white stuff' ?
Re: First Possible Look At Transformers Kingdom Core Class Rattrap (2077502)
Posted by blackeyedprime on August 25th, 2020 @ 9:50am CDT

Compared to the Siege/ER two micromasters in a pack that it is replacing it doesn't feel cheap and is somewhat of an improvement. Just don't compare it to old beast wars figures that had metal springs and mechanic doohickys at half the price.
Re: First Possible Look At Transformers Kingdom Core Class Rattrap (2077503)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 25th, 2020 @ 9:51am CDT
Re: First Possible Look At Transformers Kingdom Core Class Rattrap (2077504)
Posted by transformers_va on August 25th, 2020 @ 9:53am CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I could not disagree more.

And I cannot disagree with THIS more.

I think their sales will show that those who were keen on the G1 asthetic, will not be keen on the BW characters. There are so many great WFC releases to date, and this just feels like a letdown.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Lost Light 13B Bludgeon Nick Roche Variant Cover IDW D8-18" on EBAY
Buy "transformers animated sentinel prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Reveal the Shield 'G2' Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Red Alert Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 61 Sentinel Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Used Build A Bear Transformers Optimus Prime Bear Mask Flips Over Head 17'" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers E3479 Generations War for Cybertron: Siege Leader Class WFC-S13 Ul…" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Prowl" on EBAY